View Full Version : no more obtrusive turnsignal lights ....

tc3jg
July 19th, 2009, 09:30 AM
finally finished with this mod all the way around the bike

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm22/tc3jg/th_MOV01104.jpg (http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm22/tc3jg/?action=view&current=MOV01104.flv)

holes have been covered as well to give it a nice flush look

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm22/tc3jg/DSC01107.jpg

noche_caliente
July 19th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Justin - aren't you worried about day time visibility? And I can almost guarantee you that they're not legal - flashing blue is reserved for police vehicles - better be careful with that.

The fairing does look much cleaner, but I don't want to see you posting about a huge fix-it ticket either

Nemy
July 19th, 2009, 02:00 PM
that is pretty cool. But like Kim said, I'd look up your local highway regs and you'll probably find that blue is an illegal color. The leds up front look sweet though. What did you use to fill up the holes before putting on the vinyls?

tc3jg
July 19th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Justin - aren't you worried about day time visibility? And I can almost guarantee you that they're not legal - flashing blue is reserved for police vehicles - better be careful with that.

The fairing does look much cleaner, but I don't want to see you posting about a huge fix-it ticket either

Hey Kim Yes i am a bit worried about the day time visibility which is the reason I tinted them black hoping that would make it easier to see in the daytime...I guess if all else fails I could start hand signaling.

Yeah I think they are illegal to as Illinois has some pretty strict laws but I was wondering if you think they would bother me with it seeing as though some cars on their side view mirrors have blue? but the sweet thing about these strips are I just have to change the positive wire over to the third wire and the lights will turn amber like the front and rears.

Do you think I should just change em and not risk it?

tc3jg
July 19th, 2009, 03:10 PM
@ Nemy I used a thin sheet of metal

noche_caliente
July 19th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Depends, how badly do you want a ticket for it? I would be afraid they'd try to do an impersonating an officer type ticket since you have flashing blue - it's a long shot, but you never know what they might try to do....

tc3jg
July 19th, 2009, 06:23 PM
yeah good point I think Im going to swap them better safe than sorry

noche_caliente
July 19th, 2009, 06:27 PM
my husband says if it were him, he'd set up a switch, and then if he got pulled over he'd flip the switch and ask what blue lights?

tc3jg
July 19th, 2009, 06:40 PM
Yeah u kno i was soooo thinking that like a switch that switched them from blue to yellow?
Posted via Mobile Device

noche_caliente
July 19th, 2009, 06:58 PM
yup. he's devious like that though - and an EE, what can I say?

tc3jg
July 19th, 2009, 07:07 PM
lol whats an EE?

noche_caliente
July 19th, 2009, 07:38 PM
electrical engineer

tc3jg
July 19th, 2009, 08:05 PM
HAHA i was right I guessed it but didnt post it jus in case...but ask him for me how could i wire it so that I dont have to use two switches...

meaning: having to cut off the blue and then push another switch to cut on the amber.

JaeL
July 19th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Matters? Just don't get pulled over or get caught up in a check point. Do you guys have a chase law over there in ILLy?

tc3jg
July 19th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Matters? Just don't get pulled over or get caught up in a check point. Do you guys have a chase law over there in ILLy?

Hey i dont know yeah I dont plan on getting pulled over I mean the wouldnt check my turnsignal lights anyway ....but no I dont think they can chase us but member we are talking bout the little scoot dont know if Id get that far lol....but let me tell you with the mods I made the bike feels so much more powerful than stock.

Ninjaboi57
July 20th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Where'd you get those LED lights? Mind sharing??

tc3jg
July 20th, 2009, 10:55 AM
yeah they are from hong kong got them off of ebay. led turnsignal lights ....they can be blue or amber

noche_caliente
July 20th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Justin - the switch you would use would have both the yellow and blue connected to it, and depending on the position, it will have one color or the other on - go to your local radio shack, tell them what you're doing, and they should be able to help you out - if they don't seem to know what they're talking aboutl come back here, or go a different day/time

tc3jg
July 20th, 2009, 03:22 PM
I will see what I can do