View Full Version : Jog to Joggins

lockie
July 19th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Beautiful sunny day in Southern New Brunswick and the phone rings at our cottage. BR calls to ask where we should go today. Another friend had suggested I should try the roads down to Joggins in Nova Scotia and then along the coast of Chignecto Bay and the Minas Basin. So that's where we headed.

What a run. We put on 250 km over some of the best twisties on the East Coast. Four and Five "S" curves in a row. The curves just kept on coming. You'd take a couple and exit only to see a couple more coming up down a short straight. There were places where the road curves down the hills to cross a river on a single lane bridge and then climbs back up the other side. Almost lost it a couple of times on those downhill curves.

Scenery was spectacular in places although most of the time we were too busy riding to see it all. Did see a calf moose coming up out of the ditch towards me but he took one look at the Ninja and turned around. Lots of chances to practice braking technique.

The Fog moved in and the temp dropped 10 degrees as we hit the coast of the Minas basin. Stopped to take a photo by a wharf where the boats were tied up high and dry because of the huge tides.

All in an afternoon run. If you're ever up this way don't hesitate to try the Joggins run.

Take care

Alex
July 19th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Nice report! :clapping:

BlueRaven
July 19th, 2009, 07:28 PM
Now we're ready for Hawai twisties but i have to say Lockie is man with a death wish. Beautiful run, that's all i can say. Never tought we had such beautiful road down on the east coast. Unfortunately for me i won't be riding for the next couple of days as i brought the bike home with my new bike carrier and when i got home and took the bike off the carrier she dropped on the left side and the piece of metal that holds the foot peg broke right off not to mention scratches to match my right side.

Snake
July 19th, 2009, 07:37 PM
It sounded like a great ride.
BR I am sorry to hear about the bike. Hope it is something that can be easily fixed.