View Full Version : slight choke cable issue

scorpio_vette
July 20th, 2009, 05:47 AM
ok so i had another thread where you guys have been helping me try to diagnose a dying issue that i'm having with the wifes ninja. well i'm starting to rip it apart today to get the carbs out and go through them.

i did notice yesterday though that if the bike is on the side stand, bars FULLY turned left, and the choke applied to a set RPM (lets say 3,000), and then i grab the bars and turn them center/right, then the RPM goes down. if i turn it fully left again, the RPM goes up again.

obviously the cable is location is being quite heavily moved for it to change like that, but i don't think it should do that.

I was wondering if some of you guys can tell me how/where you have your choke cables routed that you know you don't have issues with. when i pulled the tank off the bike, i noticed that the cable was actually routed over the left gas tank mount between the tank and the frame.

thanks.

komohana
July 20th, 2009, 11:17 AM
hope this helps:

kkim
July 20th, 2009, 11:20 AM
yes, that's a sign of a misrouted/binding cable. also, check your throttle cables to make sure they are properly routed.

scorpio_vette
July 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
hope this helps:

:o:o:o yeah.............soooooo..............i don't have any word or document programs on my computer because i've actually never needed one. LOL all i have is the windows embeded notepad and wordpad and neither of those will open the .doc file.

any other way somebody can show me the routing, or am i gonna have to go find my old office disks in the attic??? :D:D:D

kkim
July 20th, 2009, 11:35 AM
do you have a service manual? it's in there. :D

scorpio_vette
July 20th, 2009, 11:40 AM
do you have a service manual? it's in there. :D

i thought i seen it somewhere, but i couldn't for the life of me remember where i had seen it. LOL

thanks.

don't you hate when you read and study so much that you can't remember where you found the info???

kkim
July 20th, 2009, 11:43 AM
that's the whole key to knowledge... you don't have to remember everything, you just need now where to find it when you need it. Now, that's a trick. :p