View Full Version : Wonderful online gear shop

istreefitty
July 20th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Ok so after my helmet was stolen I began looking for a replacement ( for my wife). I stumbled across cyclegear.com I really like their service. I called their phone to ask about suIng of a helmet and the guy was super helpful!! I also browsed the Internet and saw their prices were the lowest ( lower than most other sights and even with others), and the offer free shipping for items over 100 dollars ( any one living in Hawaii know about the so called "free shipping"). When I get to the check out I am totally surprised that shipping is only 8 bucks for the free shipping
( I paid 30 for my free shipping at extremesupply.com). And better yet for only 19 bucks I can have it here in 2 days!!!! ( vs 40-50 dollars at other stores). I immediately called extremesupply.com and canceled my previous order ( which was out of stock and wouldn't be here for 2 weeks at the eariest) and reordered my helmet from cyclegear.com that has it in stock, it will go out today or tomm morning and be here by Thursday morning at the latest!!!!!! Also I'd you are in the military just log into aafes.com and you get 10% off everything mo restrictions!!!!'. Here are the numbers:

local shop: does not stock the helmet can order it but can't accept refunds or exchanges because helmet is tooo expensive ( bit they stock nice shoei helmets)
299.00 ( retail) + 45 shipping and handeling = 345.00. Here in 5 business days.

Extremesupply.com: does not have helmet in stock but I am first order to be filled when they come in. Can return with in 15 days as long as package is unopen and shows no sign of use.
269.99 + 50 (2 day air) s/h = 319.99 nut helmet won't be stocked for at least a week
and a half. Also even If you recieve store credit a 10% restocking fee occures.

Cyclegear.com: has the helmet plus pricematch garauntee plus military discount and has 7 days return policy opened and used. The guy said try it on ride with it for 3-4 days and if it doesn't work send it back. No restocking fees if you are purchasing another of the same item, otherwise 10% for cash back.
242.99 + 19.99 s/h = 262.98 shipped gaurenteed here by Thursday

Also they have participating retailers on the mainland that accept returns on their behalf instead of shipping it back. This was a great find IMO
Posted via Mobile Device

Sound Wave
July 20th, 2009, 11:44 PM
haven't come across a motorcycle website that the "free shipping" included hawaii.

ninjabrewer
July 21st, 2009, 12:13 AM
haven't come across a motorcycle website that the "free shipping" included hawaii.

Haven't come across any website that had free shipping to Hawaii.

But that sounds like a good place, I may have to look into. Extremesupply has their facility 15 min from where I am at. Friend I work with went and picked his order up. Don't remember what it was though.

nb

komohana
July 21st, 2009, 12:32 AM
free shipping to hawaii?!? :shocked:
wonder how much ya gotta shpend for dat to kick in...:suspicious:

:shifty: