View Full Version : Anybody have these mirrors?

Verus Cidere
July 20th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I've been wanting to get some aftermarket mirrors for quite some time. I don't really like the flat ones the pregens come stock with, and they're crap when it comes to visibility! Anybody ever used these mirrors? Do they fit well and give you any added visibility? I do like the way they look quite a bit more than the stock ones! Thanks in advance! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-2010-Kawasaki-Ninja-250-BLACK-RACING-MIRRORS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1171Q7c293Q 3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3354272082QQitemZ220455182466 QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

komohana
July 21st, 2009, 01:44 AM
this is the first time i've seen those. i got me some sporty replacement mirrors cuz i wanted to change mines too. something to keep in mind is that the stock mirror mounts are also mount points for the upper fairing. the mirrors i got didn't mount exactly like the stock ones. they used different hard ware, requiring a nut and washer up under there that forced me to remove the windscreen to TRY and access the bolt w/the nut. bottom line, i'm never removing my upper fairing again! :o

P1NDLESK1N
July 21st, 2009, 10:29 PM
I'm actually pretty curious about them myself, SpyderGirl has the ones with the intergrated signals on her newgen. (post #25 (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=74279#post74279))

Almost anything would look better than the stock ones.

Verus Cidere
July 22nd, 2009, 12:13 AM
this is the first time i've seen those. i got me some sporty replacement mirrors cuz i wanted to change mines too. something to keep in mind is that the stock mirror mounts are also mount points for the upper fairing. the mirrors i got didn't mount exactly like the stock ones. they used different hard ware, requiring a nut and washer up under there that forced me to remove the windscreen to TRY and access the bolt w/the nut. bottom line, i'm never removing my upper fairing again! :o

I had some like the ones you have and had the same problem. When I took my little fall a couple of months ago I found out the biggest downside to the fact that they only pivot right underneath the mirror itself. I literally sheared off one of the bolts on the mounting end, so it would spin around in a circle on the bike. That, and it cracked my fairing when it happened too. As long as you don't fall it shouldn't be a problem. Just letting you know.

I'd take a picture of what I'm talking about, but the only camera I have access to isn't working atm. I was looking at these because they have 2 pivot points.

Strider
August 9th, 2009, 12:32 PM
Anyone ever get a set and put these on a pre-gen bike?
i'm wondering if they would look good on my 06...

Verus Cidere
August 10th, 2009, 12:02 AM
I'm planning on it, but it's low on the list of mods to come. :D