View Full Version : Attaching/inserting multiple pictures FAIL! :(

SLOWn60
November 12th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Two things I've never been able to figure out; How to;
Multiple quotes
And (more importantly to me)
Multiple pictures

I've searched not just in this forum but several others too!

The Manage Attachment page allows multiple images (5 or 6) to be added. However; only the last image appears in my post and there doesn't seem to be a page anywhere that shows all my uploaded pictures! What am I missing and how do I post multiple pictures in one post?
I don't use photobucket etc for various Luddite excuses!
I have a bunch of "What did you do to your Ninja?" Pictures & notes to post but I want to avoid multiple posts.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have!

Brother Michigan
November 12th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Multiple quotes
are as easy as
copying the QUOTE tags

or clicking the multi-quote button at the bottom right of the post you'd like you quote. It's the button with quotation marks and a plus sign. Just click that button on each post you'd like to quote and then hit the "Post Reply" button.

Also, multiple attachments work just fine for me (see a couple of my work photos below). Not sure what the issue is on your end. Are you browsing to each attachment you'd like to upload and THEN hitting the upload button?

If you still can't get it to work, sign up for a free image hosting service and just use the IMG tag to include images in your post instead of attaching.

SLOWn60
November 12th, 2015, 09:29 AM
Two things I've never been able to figure out; How to;
Multiple quotes
And (more importantly to me)
Multiple pictures

I've searched not just in this forum but several others too!

The Manage Attachment page allows multiple images (5 or 6) to be added. However; only the last image appears in my post and there doesn't seem to be a page anywhere that shows all my uploaded pictures! What am I missing and how do I post multiple pictures in one post?
I don't use photobucket etc for various Luddite excuses!
I have a bunch of "What did you do to your Ninja?" Pictures & notes to post but I want to avoid multiple posts.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have!

or clicking the multi-quote button at the bottom right of the post you'd like you quote. It's the button with quotation marks and a plus sign. Just click that button on each post you'd like to quote and then hit the "Post Reply" button.

Also, multiple attachments work just fine for me (see a couple of my work photos below). Not sure what the issue is on your end. Are you browsing to each attachment you'd like to upload and THEN hitting the upload button?

If you still can't get it to work, sign up for a free image hosting service and just use the IMG tag to include images in your post instead of attaching.

So far; so good! Now for the attachments! :(

SLOWn60
November 12th, 2015, 09:31 AM
HUH!
It WORKED!!! :eek:
I have no idea what I was doing wrong but thank you all!!! :bow::bow::bow:

Edit; still unable to multiquote from multiple threads! LOL! But; I can live with that! :D

Brother Michigan
November 12th, 2015, 10:37 AM
Ah yes, to quote from multiple threads you'll probably just have to copy the quote text from each thread and paste it into your response.

Glad you got most of it to work!

NevadaWolf
November 12th, 2015, 01:13 PM
When I am on my ipad, the attachment uploads a generic "image.jpg" for each file I attach, since one overwrites the other, I end up only with the last image actually working.

On the manage attachments page, you can see what has uploaded and under what name to see if it will succeed.

You can also click on User CP at the top menu bar and look down at the bottom of the left side bar where Attachments is under the Miscellaneous box to see all your attachments.

SLOWn60
November 12th, 2015, 01:29 PM
When I am on my ipad, the attachment uploads a generic "image.jpg" for each file I attach, since one overwrites the other, I end up only with the last image actually working.
That's what was happening to me at least while trying to do it on my iPhone!

On the manage attachments page, you can see what has uploaded and under what name to see if it will succeed.

You can also click on User CP at the top menu bar and look down at the bottom of the left side bar where Attachments is under the Miscellaneous box to see all your attachments.
You can see what you've used but can you "reuse" them from that list? I'll have to play some more! :)

NevadaWolf
November 12th, 2015, 02:15 PM
You can see what you've used but can you "reuse" them from that list? I'll have to play some more!

If you go into that Attachments option under the User CP, you can click on the name of the image which will open up the picture in a different tab, copy the URL and add it to your post like you would if using an off site host (Flickr, Picasa, Smugmug). To make it easier, scroll to the bottom and click on "Show Attachments"

https://www.ninjette.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=38630&d=1445932019

SLOWn60
November 12th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Awesome Teri!
Thanks for that!
Nice shop too!

NevadaWolf
November 12th, 2015, 02:49 PM
Thanks, trying to set it up so I can help anyone who needs it. Even have access to a little ninja sized trailer so I can come pick up anyone who's stranded.

Might as well make my garage useful. :)