View Full Version : Vinyl Decals Stickers Ninja 250R and more - Check it out...

Pages : [1] 2

kevins_garage
July 23rd, 2009, 03:59 PM
Vinyl Decals Stickers Ninja 250R and more - Check it out...

Ninja script and 250R decals for your ride - 2 of each - plus I'll include 2 small "Kawasaki" stickers similar in size to what is on the windscreen from the factory - total of 6 stickers (circled in red in photos below - don't have a pic of the small Kawasaki stickers as I don't have them on my bike, sorry)

Most folks I sell these to locally seem to prefer them in either white w/red R or silver w/red R, but I can do them all the same color or in different colors (like black with red R, gold with black R, black with gold R), just let me know via e-mail (goes right to my Blackberry and I can usually reply right away - can't do that as easily with PM's).

$6 delivered anywhere in the US via first class mail. I prefer PayPal to kevins_garage@yahoo.com (kevins_garage), but can do USPS money orders also (if you have an aversion to PayPal) or FTF/cash if you're in SEMI. Just indicate the style and colors you want.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/250%20full.JPG
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/250%20Ninja_circle.JPGhttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/250%20250R_circle.JPG

If you have any special requests for other decals/stickers, feel free to e-mail me your request.

ADDED:
250R_style2
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/250R_style2.JPG

ZX-2R
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/zx2r.JPG

Same $6 delivered for all 6 stickers (2 - Ninja for sides, 2 - 250R or ZX-2R, and 2 - small Kawasaki) - just specify style and color choice (all one color or different color R).

noche_caliente
July 23rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
How about the windscreen Kawasaki? I miss having that now that I have my after-market screen

kevins_garage
July 23rd, 2009, 04:06 PM
How about the windscreen Kawasaki? I miss having that now that I have my after-market screen

I can do a small Kawasaki for the windscreen and will be happy to include it with the other stickers at no charge. I removed mine though, so I don't know exactly what the size of it was. Can someone let me know approximately how wide and high it was?

kkim
July 23rd, 2009, 04:17 PM
Hi Kevin,

have you considered helping out in this thread? I don't know exactly where they are in securing someone to cut the design.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22796

:)

noche_caliente
July 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
I'll pop back out later tonight and check and see :) I want to say it was 1/2" tall, but I want to be sure

kevins_garage
July 23rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Hi Kevin,

have you considered helping out in this thread? I don't know exactly where they are in securing someone to cut the design.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22796

I offered up a couple of times in one or two of the several threads on that topic - I got the impression from posts after mine though that they already had someone in mind.

ETA - I actually posted in that very thread - post #79 on page 2

Momaru
July 23rd, 2009, 04:33 PM
8.5cm wide by 1.5cm tall @ the K

noche_caliente
July 23rd, 2009, 04:35 PM
thanks Paul ;)

M-Oorb
July 23rd, 2009, 05:16 PM
You wouldnt happen to have a goldish/bronze color would you? :)

kevins_garage
July 23rd, 2009, 05:57 PM
You wouldnt happen to have a goldish/bronze color would you? :)
Yep - I have some gold color vinyl.

M-Oorb
July 23rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
You have a PM :)

P1NDLESK1N
July 23rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
Any chance you can post up some pictures of the different colors you can make?

edit: And you wouldn't so happen to have any chrome-look vinyl would ya?

kevins_garage
July 23rd, 2009, 07:25 PM
Any chance you can post up some pictures of the different colors you can make?

I don't really keep any made up in advance, but I can take some pics as I do them in different colors. Most of what I have done though is white/red or silver/red - the difference between the white and silver doesn't always show up that great in the pics my point and shoot 2MP digicam takes.

I don't have any chrome look vinyl currently. The wholesaler I buy my vinyl from usually sells in minimum 10 yard rolls, so it's not cost effective for me to buy a lot of colors or types of vinyl at $25-50+ for each small roll, just to cut one or two stickers. I do other larger jobs though, like hours of operation for stores, boat decals and other stuff, so if I pick up any other jobs in the near future big enough to justify me picking up some new specialty colors or types of vinyl, I may sometimes have some leftover to cut stickers like these from (just haven't had anyone request chrome yet probably because most has an expected outdoor life of as little as 6 months).

There's a lot of different quality vinyls out there - I try to stick with high quality 5 year vinyl that is solid color all the way through, so if you did apply it to a window or windscreen, it shows through in the same color from the back, not white on the back side and color on the front.

ETA- here's a pic of black/gold I did for a guy that wanted them for a white bike
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/250R%20Black%20Gold.JPG

Sound Wave
July 24th, 2009, 12:36 AM
good to know of another source. your prices are better than what i paid previously. might be hitting you up in a couple weeks after i get my bike. would you be able to do "honda" :peep: in the correct font?

kevins_garage
July 24th, 2009, 06:10 AM
good to know of another source. your prices are better than what i paid previously. might be hitting you up in a couple weeks after i get my bike. would you be able to do "honda" :peep: in the correct font?

Yes - I can do a Honda logo.

shift_6
July 24th, 2009, 06:47 AM
sent you an e-mail

BlueTyke
July 24th, 2009, 07:17 AM
There are a few Anime decals I am looking for. Can you do those too?

kevins_garage
July 24th, 2009, 07:28 AM
There are a few Anime decals I am looking for. Can you do those too?

I can pretty much cut any graphic in .ai or .eps file format immediately, depending on the size and intricacy of the design. If you can send me them in one of those file formats, that would be best. If they are in a .jpg or .bmp format, I can possibly cut them as is, but most graphics in non .ai/.eps format need to be "converted/digitized" and then cleaned up, which can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours depending on the complexity of the graphic.

BlueTyke
July 24th, 2009, 07:56 AM
These are what I am looking for:

My colors though are what seem to throw most makers... I need a silver one (for my car) and a teal/green ish to match Tyke's 'flames'

shift_6
July 24th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I can pretty much cut any graphic in .ai or .eps file format immediately, depending on the size and intricacy of the design. If you can send me them in one of those file formats, that would be best. If they are in a .jpg or .bmp format, I can possibly cut them as is, but most graphics in non .ai/.eps format need to be "converted/digitized" and then cleaned up, which can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours depending on the complexity of the graphic.

just out of curiosity how hard/how much would it cost for this crest? i converted it to eps for you

kevins_garage
July 24th, 2009, 08:50 AM
just out of curiosity how hard/how much would it cost for this crest? i converted it to eps for you

That's a job for a printer/cutter - basically they will print the colored part onto a white vinyl and cut out around it leaving a thin white border. It's way too detailed to just do as a cut job.

Printer/cutter's are pretty pricey - I have looked into getting one myself, but even the low end no-brand machines start at about 10 large, so they are way out of the budget of most hobbyists that work from home.

noche_caliente
July 24th, 2009, 09:09 AM
do you have any reflective vinyl?

kevins_garage
July 24th, 2009, 09:49 AM
These are what I am looking for:

My colors though are what seem to throw most makers... I need a silver one (for my car) and a teal/green ish to match Tyke's 'flames'

That graphic should be easy enough - probably only need about 5-10 minutes of cleanup after digitizing. The silver vinyl is no problem, but I don't have any teal (the vinyl I usually use has a "turquoise" color and some different blues and greens, but teal is difficult to match because it varies so much from one vinyl to another).

Here's a sampling of the colors I have right now (also white, but not pictured) - no reflective, but I am looking at picking up some silver and black reflective stuff, just need to find a small size and a decent price on it.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/vinyl%20colors.JPG

noche_caliente
July 24th, 2009, 09:53 AM
sweet Kevin! Just out of curiosity, what is it that you use to cut it? I saw you mention the difference between a cutter and a cutter/printer, so now I'm curious!

kevins_garage
July 24th, 2009, 10:23 AM
sweet Kevin! Just out of curiosity, what is it that you use to cut it? I saw you mention the difference between a cutter and a cutter/printer, so now I'm curious!

I have a 24" Roland plotter/cutter - runs about $2-3K with cutting software. Most printer/cutters can also do basic cutting, but they are typically larger format (starting at about 48" wide and going up to 100" wide) and more suited to doing the larger banner type graphics you see at stores or custom printed vehicle wraps and similar such stuff - they start at about $10K and go up from there. Very detailed stickers or those with multiple colors or fades and whatnot, are much easier to do on a printer cutter or with a silkscreen type process, but prototype/small runs can be costly and/or minimum quantities can be high (in the hundreds or thousands to get a cost effective piece price with those methods).

There are also some very cheap sticker cutters - I think they are only 12" wide and have minimal software functionality and run anywhere from a few hundred bucks up to maybe $6-800 - be careful with those as they typically don't cut smooth curves - stickers cut on those machines tend to have jagged or stepped curves.

I just do stuff on the side, mostly to help people out where I can. My kids help me out and any little profit I make (a dollar or two here and there) goes to them to buy skateboard stuff or slurpees. :D

M-Oorb
July 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
well just put in an order with kevin. Hes very good with communicating. Put in my final order a couple hours ago...sent the money via paypal and he said my vinyls will be in the mail tomorrow :D. Cant wait to see them

Thanks a lot for helpin us out Kevin...I for one greatly appreciate it:thumbup:

Grn99Kawi
July 24th, 2009, 08:59 PM
sweet... I'll drop you a line when I get home.

divingtigger
July 27th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Can you do a 250R or Ninja big enough to cover the whole side of the tail section? Way I'm picturing it, it will go from the seat to the underside of the tailsection (only the painted stuff not the fender.

Thanks

kevins_garage
July 27th, 2009, 06:10 AM
Can you do a 250R or Ninja big enough to cover the whole side of the tail section? Way I'm picturing it, it will go from the seat to the underside of the tailsection (only the painted stuff not the fender.

Thanks

Should be no problem - best thing to do is to mock up the text in Word or PowerPoint or whatever drawing program you prefer and e-mail it to me, or draw it out on a piece of paper, scan it in and e-mail it to me. Also, let me know the approximate size you need - w x h.

e-mail is kevins_garage@yahoo.com (kevins_garage).

shift_6
July 27th, 2009, 10:54 AM
payment sent! please send out asap

M-Oorb
July 28th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Just got my vinyls and they look reallllll good. They look even better on my bike :D. Ill post up pics once I get them all on but I ran into a bit of a snag. I got new Ninja decals. Putting on one of them was very simple because that side didnt have one (Replacement kawasaki fairings dont come with the sticker on it). I went to take off the other side by a method that has worked for me in the past...heated it up with a blow dryer and started to remove it. Well...I got the ninja part off but all the glue stayed behind :(. I tried re heating it again and it still wont come off. Tried a little wd-40 cause I know that takes off adhesive and stilllll nothing. Any ideas? :(

kkim
July 28th, 2009, 04:13 PM
try goo gone...
http://theexpiredmeter.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/goo-gone.jpg

do not confuse with goof off... that stuff is nasty on some plastics. :(

http://www.vanderhoofs.com/catalog/goof.jpg

M-Oorb
July 28th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Ok Im pretty sure I got some lying around somewhere.
For now I'd like to show the decals Kevin made that I already put on. I decided on the goldish color because eventually I will be powder coating certain parts of the bike that color and I like it :D. Couldnt decide on the 250r logo color combo so I got 2 of each and put both on to see which one I like better but I still cant decide :o. What do you guys think...

shift_6
July 29th, 2009, 06:40 AM
i didn't know we could choose different fonts for the '250R'

M-Oorb
July 29th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Well kevin mentioned that if we had any special requests then just to PM him. I had another font that I liked but he said it wouldn't work because it was too thin.

You never know until you ask...
Posted via Mobile Device

M-Oorb
July 29th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Goo gone worked great taking off the adhesive left behind. I had some Goo Gone Gel which stuck very nicely to the vertical fairing and after waiting a few minutes a couple wipes took it right off.

Thanks Kevin, vinyls look great :)

kevins_garage
July 30th, 2009, 09:38 PM
i didn't know we could choose different fonts for the '250R'

I chose a font that was kind of block like the "Kawasaki" on the tank, but I have a lot of fonts available - almost everything available in MS Office from 97 to 2007 - some are just not suitable for cutting, but there are somewhere around 150-200 that I can cut without a problem.

divingtigger
July 31st, 2009, 05:06 AM
Would it be possible to get something done where the middle was cut out? Thinking a black strip with NINJA cutout of it so the green would show through

kevins_garage
July 31st, 2009, 10:10 AM
Would it be possible to get something done where the middle was cut out? Thinking a black strip with NINJA cutout of it so the green would show through

Yep, that is no problem to do. Just e-mail me with the dimensions you want.

kevins_garage
August 6th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Had a few requests, so I added 2 new styles:

250R_style2
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/250R_style2.JPG

ZX-2R

Same $6 delivered for all 6 stickers (2 - Ninja for sides, 2 - 250R or ZX-2R, and 2 - small Kawasaki) - just specify your color choice (all one color or different color R).

im_a_ninja
August 7th, 2009, 06:08 PM
Could you do this?

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/sauyeung/ninja.png
This is "ninja" in kanji and I would LOVE to have these on my bike.

kevins_garage
August 7th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Could you do this?

It would depend on what resolution/quality of file you can send me and what format it is in. If you want to e-mail the image file to me and let me know what color and size you want, I can let you know what I can do.

im_a_ninja
August 7th, 2009, 07:10 PM
what's the best file format?
I just found that picture and copied it. I'm not extremely familiar with file formats but I would guess that I could find it in a right fomat or convert it somehow.
Although I could be wrong.
I'll email you what I have and we can go from there.

kevins_garage
August 7th, 2009, 07:20 PM
what's the best file format?
I just found that picture and copied it. I'm not extremely familiar with file formats but I would guess that I could find it in a right fomat or convert it somehow.
Although I could be wrong.
I'll email you what I have and we can go from there.

Ideally, line art .ai or .eps files are best, as long as that is how they were originally created. I can convert other image files, but they are not nearly as clean as an .ai or .eps that was created as "line art" to begin with.

Depending on the resolution/quality of non .ai and non .eps files, it can take anywhere from 15-20 minutes all the way up to hours and hours to clean up the converted image so it cuts nicely. Usually, the higher the resolution on .bmp or jpg files, the cleaner they convert and the less time they take to fix up - 600x600 to 800x800 or higher is usually better.

kevins_garage
August 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Could you do this?

Here's a sample that's ready to cut if anyone wants these.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/Ninja%20Kanji.JPG

im_a_ninja
August 8th, 2009, 08:44 PM

YAY, it looks SO good! You are awesome for sure. :)

I will be measuring out the places I want them on my bike and I'll let you know ASAP.

I'm very excited.

Grn99Kawi
August 11th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Here's a question..

I'd like 2 Kawasaki scripts (can you do 10in long in white?), the 2 standard Ninjas and then 2 smaller Ninja scripts.. specifically for the windscreen.. they might be 4in long.. not sure.. in white too... I only need one for the windscreen in reality, but it would be great to have a spare just in case.. here is a pic of a stock windscreen for comparison..

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3421&d=1249965980

Can you do those and how much for all of them?

Thanks,
Adam

mike_sema
August 11th, 2009, 07:22 PM
could you make a Kawasaki decal for the tank that would go over the stock one, I have an 08 blue but hate the white Kawasaki sticker, I just do not want to sand the tank down to change the color

kevins_garage
August 11th, 2009, 08:20 PM
could you make a Kawasaki decal for the tank that would go over the stock one, I have an 08 blue but hate the white Kawasaki sticker, I just do not want to sand the tank down to change the color

That's not an easy one as it seems as though there is some variance from bike to bike on the tank stickers. I could probably cut something slightly larger than what's on there to make sure it covers, but you will pretty much have to install each letter individually.

I have had a few bikes painted over the years and I never put stickers under the clearcoat. It boggles my mind why any bike manufacturers still do that.

Snake
August 11th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I have had a few bikes painted over the years and I never put stickers under the clearcoat. It boggles my mind why any bike manufacturers still do that.

I don't like the fact that my bike has an orange stripe sticker on the tank that I can't remove because it is clear coated but I understand that the reason they have to put clear coat over it is so that any fuel that is spilled will not make the sticker fall off. With that said I am not sure if your stickers are able to stand up to fuel spills.

kevins_garage
August 11th, 2009, 08:40 PM
I don't like the fact that my bike has an orange stripe sticker on the tank that I can't remove because it is clear coated but I understand that the reason they have to put clear coat over it is so that any fuel that is spilled will not make the sticker fall off. With that said I am not sure if your stickers are able to stand up to fuel spills.

I've been riding for over 20 years and I've never spilled fuel when filling up my bike tanks. I also use the same vinyl/stickers on my jet skis also and those I have spilled fuel on when refilling from gas cans in rough/wavy water. :D The vinyl I use has held up well to those gas spills though. The only time I can envision it being a problem is if the stickers were repeatedly soaked in gas - it would probably adversely affect their longevity to some extent - but my jet ski stickers have been on for 3-4 years now without issue.

mike_sema
August 12th, 2009, 05:35 PM
well if you can make them i will give it a try let me know how much $$ to send you thanks mike

kevins_garage
August 12th, 2009, 05:46 PM
well if you can make them i will give it a try let me know how much $$ to send you thanks mike

Let me work something up over the next few days and I'll let you know.

kkim
August 12th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Let me work something up over the next few days and I'll let you know.

I'd be interested in changing the tank lettering, too. :)

mike_sema
August 12th, 2009, 06:07 PM
cool thanks :thumbup:

mike_sema
August 12th, 2009, 08:08 PM
hey i will order the decal pack with the black zx-2r with a red R,black ninja sides and white small kawasaki. could i also get the in and out of the decal i would like to match the decals from my bike to an extra helment that i have using the outer decal as a mask thanks mike :D

Grn99Kawi
August 19th, 2009, 12:12 PM
just sent payment.. Kevin is quick to respond to questions, and I am anxious to see the decals.. I'm sure they will be great.

ASecretNinja
August 19th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Could you possibly replicate this? I don't know if its obvious in the picture, but the pink/purple script is incredibly faded, or rather it looks very murky. I'm looking for a fresh purple/pink, not the nasty one that's on my bike. Key is on there for size comparison. It was really misty that night, hence the dew and smears on my bike.
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt209/Cbrandom1121/ninjakey.jpg

Here is my bike's color scheme:
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt209/Cbrandom1121/250side.jpg

tc3jg
August 20th, 2009, 06:59 AM
kevin I just got my cutter and have been doing some cutting ...cuddos to you for starting it up with our members on this forum. and greatwork from a fello cutter

kevins_garage
August 20th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Could you possibly replicate this? I don't know if its obvious in the picture, but the pink/purple script is incredibly faded, or rather it looks very murky. I'm looking for a fresh purple/pink, not the nasty one that's on my bike. Key is on there for size comparison. It was really misty that night, hence the dew and smears on my bike.

Here is my bike's color scheme:

That looks to be metallic or metalflake - I don't have those colors/types of vinyl right now (the only colors I have right now are on the first page of this thread).

I don't think I have that exact Ninja artwork (looks a little more jagged around the edges than the one I have), but it would be possible to do something similar with the artwork I have - it would be done by simply cutting the design out of 2 pieces of different color vinyl and then placing one over the top of the other with a little offset to create the shadow effect.

Momaru
August 20th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Just wanted to say thanks again Kevin, really dig the new vinyls (will post pics soon as we have a clear day), the price and the superfast turn-around.
:salute2: Had a fun time trying to get the geometry right from the original one with the new font on the fairings, but like the new look.

Postiez
August 22nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
really quick, thanks =)

http://i28.tinypic.com/e8nzn6.jpg

watcanido
August 22nd, 2009, 10:33 PM
Anyone have a close up pic of the European "250R" decal? or know which font it is? I want to get Kevin to do that for me.

http://www.kawasaki.co.uk/Objects/w392h294_00000340E4177FF9.jpg

Plasmatoast
August 23rd, 2009, 06:26 AM
best I could find, Pulled from the Kawasaki Australia site

Small but can be zoomed easily 3644

Sound Wave
August 23rd, 2009, 08:34 AM
not sure if the european and japanese ones are the same, but:
http://www.kawasaki-motors.com/model/ninja250r/index.jsp

watcanido
August 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks a lot Ryan and Gary you guys are awesome. I emailed Kevin just waiting for a reply. :D

kevins_garage
August 23rd, 2009, 05:11 PM
best I could find, Pulled from the Kawasaki Australia site

Small but can be zoomed easily 3644

Unfortunately, small .jpg or .bmp files do not zoom easily - they tend to become badly pixelated with very jagged edges when you zoom them to a viewable/usable size. Vector graphics files do not do that as they are essentially "line art", and they scale up or down without degradation - all lines remain smooth and straight.

In order for me to cut from .jpg or .bmp file, I need the actual image to be somewhat large - preferably 600x600 or 800x800 or larger depending on level of detail - so I can digitize it and clean it up quickly and easily. I think I've seen that 250R image floating around online, but couldn't find it just now. I'll look around and see what I can come up with. If anyone else finds one in the meantime, feel free to e-mail it to me.

Grn99Kawi
August 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM
I received my decals today.. although I bought the side ones, I dont really need them now. but the price was right for sure. I put the smaller Ninja script on my double bubble and it looks perfect.

Thanks Kevin. I'll definately contact you first for decals.

noche_caliente
August 24th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Just saw Paul out randomly a bit ago - the decals were one of the first things I noticed - looks great!

Postiez
August 24th, 2009, 10:07 PM
so my dad saw my decals and hes pretty jealous, he rides a '75 rd350 and is dieing for a
http://www.dirtbikesunlimited.com/smf/tp-images/Image/YamahaLogoBlue.jpg
so I told him I'd at least ask if you can make this, and how much

thanks =)

kevins_garage
September 3rd, 2009, 07:42 PM
so my dad saw my decals and hes pretty jealous, he rides a '75 rd350 and is dieing for a
<image removed due to size>
so I told him I'd at least ask if you can make this, and how much

thanks =)

Sorry for not posting a reply sooner, but I didn't get an auto notification about new posts for some reason.

No problem doing that - just e-mail to let me know what size a color you want and I can let you know a price. kevins_garage@yahoo.com

mike_sema
September 6th, 2009, 01:00 PM
hey just checkin in to see if you would still be able to make decals for the tank thanks mike

ninjablk08
September 7th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Unfortunately, small .jpg or .bmp files do not zoom easily - they tend to become badly pixelated with very jagged edges when you zoom them to a viewable/usable size. Vector graphics files do not do that as they are essentially "line art", and they scale up or down without degradation - all lines remain smooth and straight.

In order for me to cut from .jpg or .bmp file, I need the actual image to be somewhat large - preferably 600x600 or 800x800 or larger depending on level of detail - so I can digitize it and clean it up quickly and easily. I think I've seen that 250R image floating around online, but couldn't find it just now. I'll look around and see what I can come up with. If anyone else finds one in the meantime, feel free to e-mail it to me.

Sound Wave
September 8th, 2009, 09:48 AM
kevin,
i sent you an email for an order a few days ago. just wondering if you received it. thanks.

kevins_garage
September 8th, 2009, 09:53 AM
kevin,
i sent you an email for an order a few days ago. just wondering if you received it. thanks.

Yep - email received Sunday - I was out of town for the holiday weekend (got back late last night) and just getting back to replying to emails today.

kevins_garage
September 8th, 2009, 10:10 AM
hey just checkin in to see if you would still be able to make decals for the tank thanks mike

I can get pretty close with the "Kawasaki" logo file that I have, but each letter would have to be applied over the top of the existing tank letters individually to make sure they are lined up and cover fully. There is enough variance tank to tank and with the curvature of the tank that it isn't going to work properly by applying all the letters (the entire sticker) at once.

In other words, it is going to be a bit of a pain to install and line up properly.

I still need to make some minor adjustments to make sure each letter completely covers the letter they will be applied over. Not enough time lately to get it done. I'll try to get a final cut-able file done by this weekend.

divingtigger
September 9th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Do you have a close match to the Kawasaki lime green? Rethinking what I want to do with my bike

stealth250
September 21st, 2009, 10:21 AM
I'd be interested in changing the tank lettering, too. :)

Tapeworks makes what you are looking for...
http://www.tapeworks.com/KAWASAKI%20Logo%20Sets/250R2logosets.html

stealth250
September 21st, 2009, 10:45 AM
Kevin,
Can you do this logo? (just the 250r)

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=240&pictureid=2297

-Mike

kevins_garage
September 21st, 2009, 11:34 AM
Tapeworks makes what you are looking for...
http://www.tapeworks.com/KAWASAKI%20Logo%20Sets/250R2logosets.html

They're a bit pricy at $49+, don't you think.

I'm not sure how theirs work out as there is no way to guarantee that the end user is going to be able to apply them perfectly.

The letters are pretty close together and really would need to be applied essentially one at a time, which is time consuming and may not provide the desired end result. I tried a few local bikes and it was a royal pain in the ass - the best way to change the lettering on the tank is to have it repainted and then apply graphics over the top so they can be removed/changed in the future. If you don't want to repaint the entire tank, you may be able to sand in the area of the original sticker just enough to get through the clear coat, remove the stickers (hopefully the paint underneath isn't blemished), and then have the entire tank sanded and re-cleared.

I'm going to stay away from the tank overlays as they are likely to cause more problems than they are worth.

kevins_garage
September 21st, 2009, 11:44 AM
Kevin,
Can you do this logo? (just the 250r)

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=240&pictureid=2297

-Mike

Someone asked about that logo a month ago, but I haven't been able to find a decent sized image to turn it into a cuttable file. I need something a larger and cleaner than that image.

.jpg and .bmp files typically need to really be clean and several hundred pixels, like 600x600 or larger, because they do not scale very well, whereas vector graphics files (line art, typically .ai or .eps) can scale very cleanly and typically cut nicely (depending on level of detail).

stealth250
September 21st, 2009, 11:47 AM
They're a bit pricy at $49+, don't you think.

Yes they are. But I bought some and it went on in one piece. A little tricky lining them up, but i used alcohol and water mix and a squeege to slide them around to get a good fit. They are the exact size to cover up the original logos. Turned out pretty good...

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=170&pictureid=1737

-Mike

darthnip
September 21st, 2009, 07:41 PM
im definitely interested, but has anyone done an "EX250" sticker yet for the pre-gens? i got an 07, so im not sure if the "250R" is appropriate to put on her. but your sticker sure are awesome. i restore old bmx bikes, so i might be in the market for getting some old frame stickers done if you can do them. the lettering on those would be real simple so judging by your other stuff im sure it wouldn't be a problem.

kevins_garage
September 22nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
I haven't had much interest in stuff for the older EX250's. If you have anything you need, just e-mail and I'll let you know what I can do.

I only do this stuff on the side, so I don't always have the time to do a lot of clean up on images and stuff for a one off order that totals $5. If you have decent quality/size images that I can convert quickly/easily to cuttable stickers, that would be best. It's real easy to blow a couple hours messing with just one image to try and clean it up.

SPECIAL UPDATE - I am expecting a new machine within the next week or so that will allow me to do t-shirts and other similar clothing items. It's done with a special vinyl and ends up looking pretty much like a silk screened image would. I'm not going to be getting into all the fancy, multi color images or anything, like where you put a pic of yourself or your bike on a shirt (the stuff they typically do at the malls around the holiday). I'm mainly doing it because I have some interest from a few local businesses that want uniform type shirts for their employees, but they want a cheaper alternative to embroidery and they don't want to deal with the high minimums and sometimes hefty set up/graphics fees from local silk screeners.

If I offer t-shirts or stuff here, I'd like to keep it simple - maybe something like 250R across the chest of a t-shirt or something like like that. If there's any interest or ideas, let me know. I'm thinking I will be able to offer t-shirts like that for about $10-12 delivered, or less (depending on materials costs and final designs).

BikeVinyl
September 22nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Looks like you making out pretty good Kevin ! I own www.bikevinyl.com and I have a ton of things you might want to look at to get idea's .

BikeVinyl
September 22nd, 2009, 04:28 PM

kevins_garage
September 22nd, 2009, 06:48 PM
If you guys need them , I got this whole set for $20.00 , the ninja's are jagged and not smooth.

Nothing personal, but if you want to sell your stuff, it might be better if you start your own thread instead of crapping in my for sale thread. :mad:

Besides, I'd sell something like what you just posted for about half your price - $10-12 delivered, so I'm not sure what the point of your post is, unless you are trying to help me generate more sales. :thumbup:

tc3jg
September 22nd, 2009, 06:53 PM
Nothing personal, but if you want to sell your stuff, it might be better if you start your own thread instead of crapping in my for sale thread. :mad:

Besides, I'd sell something like what you just posted for about half your price - $10-12 delivered, so I'm not sure what the point of your post is, unless you are trying to help me generate more sales. :thumbup:

He does that often Kevin did it to me in a thread over at kawiforums.

Sound Wave
September 22nd, 2009, 07:06 PM
just wanted to chime in that i am very happy with the quality of the decal from kevin. it is very thin so there is less chance that something will snag on the edges.

Grn99Kawi
September 22nd, 2009, 07:13 PM
just wanted to chime in that i am very happy with the quality of the decal from kevin. it is very thin so there is less chance that something will snag on the edges.

same here.. mine has seen about 300 miles so far.. perfect..

BikeVinyl
September 22nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Besides, I'd sell something like what you just posted for about half your price - $10-12 delivered, :

Thats cool ,I can still beat that price but I will leave your thread alone ..

kevins_garage
September 22nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
And now, back to the regularly scheduled program...:rolleyes:

divingtigger
September 23rd, 2009, 05:38 AM
Hey kevin,

DO you have a green colour that matches the green our bikes come in? Got a cheap front fairing that is black that I was going to paint, but maybe I'll just decal it up

kevins_garage
September 23rd, 2009, 06:20 AM
Hey kevin,

DO you have a green colour that matches the green our bikes come in? Got a cheap front fairing that is black that I was going to paint, but maybe I'll just decal it up

I'm sorry, but I don't have anything right now that is even close - just a regular medium green that were used for trees in some stickers for a local landscaper.

I haven't made a trip out to pick any vinyl supplies in a few months, but I'm going to try and grab a vinyl color the next time I need supplies that is supposed to be close to Kawasaki green, but I'm not sure just how close it really is or when I'll be getting it.

http://www.jackripper.com/mactac/8300/mactac8300_14.jpg

I know this doesn't help you, but I should have a sample of a green color coming with my t-shirt equipment that I'm hoping is similar to Kawasaki Green. I have some shirts to do for a some friends local businesses and such and any spare time I had, will be quickly eaten up playing with that new toy for a while.

Custom Seat Creations
September 23rd, 2009, 08:23 AM
Fantastic about your new shirts. Maybe I'll do a combo deal with shirts and stickers for my business. Thanks for having these Kevin.

Forgot to ask. Can you do banners as well?

divingtigger
September 23rd, 2009, 11:48 AM
No biggie on the wait time Kevin. We are comming into winter very quickly here so I'm going to pull all the plastic off when I winterize and play with them all winter

Thanks

kevins_garage
September 24th, 2009, 11:38 AM
All the stuff to get going on the shirts is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I'm going to try and play around with it a bit this weekend.

Any of you guys/gals have any suggestions on what you might like in t-shirts?

I have some Ducati guys that decided on the Ducati logo on the front and then the bike they have on the left sleeve (like a small 848 or 1098 R).

I was thinking of offering something along the same lines - either Kawasaki or Ninja across the chest and then something like 250R (or EX250 for the old schoolers ;)) on the left sleeve. I'm open to suggestions also - I'm not a graphics artist or designer by trade and I tend to prefer the more minimalist designs rather than the more flashy stuff.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/1.jpghttp://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/2.jpg

Here's a sample of the Ninja across the front and 250R on the left sleeve (note: I just did it in mspaint, so the fonts are the closest available to show an example of what it would look like - actual shirts would have the same text as the stickers I'm doing).
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/Sample%20250R%20shirt.JPG

Sound Wave
October 1st, 2009, 07:58 PM
got my shirts in the mail today. i can't believe how amazing they look!!! i gotta think of other designs i want now.

thanks kevin!!

one question. are there any special wash instructions for the prints on the shirt? or can i just wash them in the regular wash cycle?

kevins_garage
October 1st, 2009, 08:30 PM
got my shirts in the mail today. i can't believe how amazing they look!!! i gotta think of other designs i want now.

thanks kevin!!

one question. are there any special wash instructions for the prints on the shirt? or can i just wash them in the regular wash cycle?

I was pretty amazed at how nice they came out myself - glad you like them.

As far as washing - Wash on cold or cold-warm - inside out the first time and dry on low heat setting.

watcanido
October 1st, 2009, 10:31 PM
Hey Kevin, I was wondering if you make two of this for me in black for my rear fairings.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_T3VoEu6O9Dk/SsWL8MkaJVI/AAAAAAAACR8/9ZxULXQ6S1A/s800/250R%20decal.jpg

I don't know exactly how big but say around 4x1.5 inches? can you try to make it like this big.

kevins_garage
October 2nd, 2009, 06:11 AM
Hey Kevin, I was wondering if you make two of this for me in black for my rear fairings.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_T3VoEu6O9Dk/SsWL8MkaJVI/AAAAAAAACR8/9ZxULXQ6S1A/s800/250R%20decal.jpg

I don't know exactly how big but say around 4x1.5 inches? can you try to make it like this big.

Yeah. That image should do just fine - I'll work it up tonight after work or tomorrow and add it as an option.

I'm also going to re-work the tank lettering this weekend to make it as easy as possible to install, but it will be a little more involved to make sure each letter is lined up and fully covers the one it is placed over. I'll update tomorrow on that.

stealth250
October 2nd, 2009, 08:31 AM

I'm interested. Silver "250" red "R".

kevins_garage
October 3rd, 2009, 10:58 AM
Euro 250R is done - it scales out to about 4.5" wide by .5" tall - your choice of solid color or with red R - if you want them as part of the $6 decal set, just specify Euro 250R - if you want them separately, they'll be $3 delivered for a pair.

I have also reworked the tank lettering and will offer it up to anyone interested. Like I said though, it isn't a peel and stick install - the graphics on my tank were slightly different from one side to the other as are some of the other local bikes I have done. You may need to either wet apply, or carefully apply one letter at a time. Now for the good part $7 delivered for 3 of them (in case anyone goofs on the install).

I also had an inquiry about a larger "Kawasaki" text like tapeworks offers for the lower fairing - I can do a pair of those for $8 delivered. If anyone wants the whole package (2-Ninja, 2-250R, 2-small Kawasaki for windscreen, 3-tank graphics, and 2 large Kawasaki for lower fairing) it would be $20 delivered.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/tank and euro 250r.jpg

kkim
October 3rd, 2009, 11:32 AM
you have an email. PM seems to be disabled. :)

mike_sema
October 3rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
sent you an em :thumbup:

stealth250
October 3rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
Sent you an email...

mike_sema
October 8th, 2009, 07:12 PM
thanks kevine they came out very nice :thumbup: i only did one side so far and they are a perfect fit

kkim
October 8th, 2009, 07:18 PM
lol... Mike, I'm doing just the opposite from you. going from black to white lettering. :D

got mine in the mail today, too. Thanks, Kevin. Will be playing with it this weekend.

Sound Wave
October 8th, 2009, 07:19 PM
lol... that is pretty much the way it is, huh? whatever way it is stock, we want it something else.

kevins_garage
October 8th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Looks good guys. :thumbup:

I'm glad the tank overlays are going on so nice. I was a bit concerned about them because of the variances I saw on the factory tank graphics on some local bikes, and because the tank lettering is already so close together. There wasn't much room to oversize the stickers to make sure they fully covered and didn't end up touching or even overlapping each other once installed - not much room for error. :)

mike_sema
October 8th, 2009, 07:43 PM
you did a great job
and I can not seems to get the ninja sticker glue off of the sides I am using goo gone and elbow grease but it just want get it off I have had the goo gone on the left over glue for over an hour and still will not come off

kevins_garage
October 8th, 2009, 07:55 PM
you did a great job
and I can not seems to get the ninja sticker glue off of the sides I am using goo gone and elbow grease but it just want get it off I have had the goo gone on the left over glue for over an hour and still will not come off

One side the sticker came of real easy with all the adhesive and left almost no residue behind, but the other side, pretty much just the sticker came off and left every bit of adhesive behind.

I use Ronsonol lighter fluid from WalMart for removing adhesive residue - comes in yellow and blue bottles by the checkouts - I had to soak the adhesive residue and then scrape it off with one of those fake plastic credit cards I get in the mail. Try not to get it all over your hands, because it's a sticky, gooey mess. Once I got the bulk of the adhesive off, I was able to use a few tissues and the lighter fluid to get the last remnants of adhesive off.

kkim
October 8th, 2009, 08:02 PM
this stuff??

http://www.cbdistributorsinc.com/images/Ronsonol-12oz.gif

kevins_garage
October 8th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Yep. Good old Ronsonol lighter fluid. Great adhesive remover - doesn't seem to harm paint or clear plastics, like windscreens.

mike_sema
October 8th, 2009, 08:35 PM
cool i will pick some up thanks

HKr1
October 8th, 2009, 08:43 PM

^ Would like these too. But more like 3/4H x 2 3/4L in size.

What do ya think??

kevins_garage
October 9th, 2009, 06:32 AM
^ Would like these too. But more like 3/4H x 2 3/4L in size.

What do ya think??

There's two different ways to alter the size of the image - one is to do it proportionally by changing stretching/shrinking the height and the width by the same ratio which will keep the image looking exactly the same and only change its overall size. The other way is to modify the height and width at different ratios which will distort the image, similar to what those funny carnival mirrors do. :)

The actual euro 250R graphic posted above scales out at about 1/2" high x 4 1/2" wide. If I stretch/shrink the height at a different ratio than the width to fit a certain size requirement, the image will distort. Here is approximately how it would look at 3/4" height and 2 3/4" width.
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/euro250rstretch.JPG

If I scale the image proportionally to 3/4" high, it will end up around 6-7" wide. If I scale it proportionally to 2 3/4" wide, it will end up under 3/8" tall.

stealth250
October 9th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Here's mine. Turned out great. Kevin does a nice job.
As soon as it quits RAINING, I'll pull it outside to take some better photos.

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=240&pictureid=2403

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=240&pictureid=2401

HKr1
October 9th, 2009, 11:00 AM
The actual euro 250R graphic posted above scales out at about 1/2" high x 4 1/2" wide. If I stretch/shrink the height at a different ratio than the width to fit a certain size requirement, the image will distort. Here is approximately how it would look at 3/4" height and 2 3/4" width.

If I scale the image proportionally to 3/4" high, it will end up around 6-7" wide. If I scale it proportionally to 2 3/4" wide, it will end up under 3/8" tall.

OK, thanks.

I went ahead and ordered the euro ones you have in post #103.
2 pairs in black, PP sent :)

mike_sema
October 9th, 2009, 08:20 PM
can you make me the Hawaiian Island Chain Map :D maybe like 6-8 in long

kkim
October 11th, 2009, 12:43 AM
thanks, Kevin. :)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/StGKap-sL-I/AAAAAAAAF6E/b46IRdMhyiw/s640/DSC05460-1.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/StGKcK_HhvI/AAAAAAAAF6M/ZxbBtiwj2to/s640/DSC05462-1.JPG

BTW, the Ronsonal did not take off the adhesive residue from the OEM "Ninja" stickers when I removed them. I found out that lacquer thinner does an excellent job of removing the adhesive with no damage to the paint.

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/5087625/227464_Full.jpg

kevins_garage
October 11th, 2009, 07:34 AM
That looks pretty cool with the white graphics!

That adhesive on those Ninja stickers is pretty heavy duty - I used the lighter fluid mainly to soften it up, then I scraped the bulk of it of in a huge, sticky booger like substance. Once I got the bulk of it off, the lighter fluid and a tissue worked fine to get the leftover residue off. I'm glad to hear the lacquer thinner worked better. I wasn't sure how the lacquer thinner would react with clear plastics though - not sure if it would cause them to "cloud" up if it got on them. I have used the lighter fluid on clear plastics without any adverse effect.

kkim
October 11th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Yes, I did not use the lacquer thinner on the windshield, so I cannot recommend using it on clear plastics. Worked well on the painted surfaces, though.

Thanks again, Kevin. :)

tiburonsita
October 12th, 2009, 03:24 PM
thanks kevine they came out very nice :thumbup: i only did one side so far and they are a perfect fit

I'd love to do this. I'm sure this is somewhere in the thread but I don't have time to search... is there a list of colors and maybe swatch previews I can look at? And how much is it for the Kawasaki that goes over the tank?

Thanks!
m

kevins_garage
October 12th, 2009, 04:47 PM
I'd love to do this. I'm sure this is somewhere in the thread but I don't have time to search... is there a list of colors and maybe swatch previews I can look at? And how much is it for the Kawasaki that goes over the tank?

Thanks!
m

Colors I have right now are in post #23 on page 1 - I'm hoping to add Kawi green, a teal green and a purple shortly.

Tank overlay is $7 delivered for a set of 3 (just in case).

I was going to go back and update the original post on the first page with the new additions, but it doesn't look like the board allows edits after 30 days or so. Post #103 on page 3 has the updates on the tank overlay and the Euro 250R logo.

A buddy directed me to a place that he says has decent free websites, so I threw something together at www.aavinyl.webs.com - feel free to check it out. I hope no one minds, but I snagged a couple of the pics from this thread just to throw up real quick to show the Euro 250R logo installed and the tank graphics. I need to find some time to get some more pics together and I want to put together a Ninja 250R page - hopefully I can get something done in the next few weeks or so.

mike_sema
October 12th, 2009, 06:19 PM
hey cool site and i dont mine at all if you use pics of my bike :D

mike_sema
October 13th, 2009, 08:30 PM
looks good kkim :thumbup: and a few pics i got mine done this weekend as well

HKr1
October 14th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Thanks Kev, got them yesterday. :)

HKr1
October 15th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Put them on today!

Thanks again :)

mike_sema
October 15th, 2009, 03:43 PM
looks good :thumbup:

HKr1
October 15th, 2009, 03:49 PM
looks good :thumbup:

Thanks!

Kevin did a real nice job on them :D I looked these pics over before I placed them. I liked right over the turn sigs, instead of just before... Maybe these are a tad longer, Still real close :)

added a pic, just because there all green LOL:

kevins_garage
October 17th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I got some new vinyl colors in yesterday - purple, teal, and the closest match I could find to a Kawi green.

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy13/aavinyl/vinylcolors.jpg

karlita
October 20th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Hey I had emailed you before.
So now you can do the silver250 and green R?

kevins_garage
October 20th, 2009, 05:22 PM
Hey I had emailed you before.
So now you can do the silver250 and green R?

That's a go!

Just e-mail me with what you want - kevins_garage@yahoo.com

kkim
October 20th, 2009, 06:38 PM
hmmm... how close if the kawi green match? would it cover up the tank lettering and make the tank look like a solid color? :D

kevins_garage
October 21st, 2009, 06:16 AM
hmmm... how close if the kawi green match? would it cover up the tank lettering and make the tank look like a solid color? :D

It's a close enough match to fool the eye if it were going on say a black bike as an accent color, but maybe not a close enough match if put directly on a green bike - I was going off pics to match it up and every pic I had was a slightly different hue.

I'll drop a pair in the mail to you within the next day or so and you can let me know how close a match it is when you get them. :thumbup:

kkim
October 21st, 2009, 11:37 AM
Thank you, Kevin. That would be appreciated and I will post some pics for feedback. The only thing better than your products is the customer service you provide. :thumbup:

Mahalo

mike_sema
October 22nd, 2009, 09:08 PM
Man Kevin thanks for the decals I will post pics when I have them all installed, and the island chains look sweet and thanks for the extras :thumbup::thumbup:

Zero260
October 27th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Nice decals
Just sent you an order Kevin

tiburonsita
November 6th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Thank you :) I like the lowkey look. You can see it up close or at the right angle but from afar it looks all solid.
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=124&pictureid=2629

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/picture.php?albumid=124&pictureid=2630
now I just need to figure out how to >remove< that exhaust sticker without any damage.

Zero260
November 7th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Thanks Kevin,

Got my decals yesterday. They are perfect!
I will put them on this weekend and post some pics.

kkim
November 10th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Thank you, Kevin. That would be appreciated and I will post some pics for feedback.

some pictures of the green vinyl on lime green. Like Kevin said, it's close, but not an exact match. close enough that it would look like kawi green on other color 250s... you know, as in trying to make yours faster. :D

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/SvndnMetbuI/AAAAAAAAF-8/VZ8KntO41zo/s640/DSC05515-1.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/SvndnkrKCmI/AAAAAAAAF_A/Z_rPB2EyQtA/s640/DSC05516-1.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/SvndojTqTsI/AAAAAAAAF_E/rnowoxWtkyI/s640/DSC05517-1.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/SvndpjHFXDI/AAAAAAAAF_I/R-pKNVnrCXo/s640/DSC05518-1.JPG

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/SvndqTZEkII/AAAAAAAAF_M/7vNKbfpTWyQ/s640/DSC05519-1.JPG

Thanks, Kevin. I'm working on finding time to install the other decals I ordered from you. They look great! Mahalo!!

Locksmiff
November 10th, 2009, 03:46 PM
some pictures of the green vinyl on lime green. Like Kevin said, it's close, but not an exact match. close enough that it would look like kawi green on other color 250s... you know, as in trying to make yours faster. :DGreen the colour of a frog, black the colour of a panther. I can't think of any green animal that is fast......black on the other hand :p

kkim
November 10th, 2009, 03:48 PM
nothing to do with animals... everything to do with tuned engines in the green bikes.

HKr1
November 11th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Thank you :) I like the lowkey look. You can see it up close or at the right angle but from afar it looks all solid.

now I just need to figure out how to >remove< that exhaust sticker without any damage.

Dude! That looks really nice :thumbup::thumbup:

Now you need to ditch the red on the rims :p

Zero260
November 12th, 2009, 07:26 PM
It finally stopped raining, here is the pic. I love the way it turned out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/jdr/Dscf0322.jpg

mike_sema
November 12th, 2009, 07:27 PM
nice

kkim
November 13th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Thank you, Kevin.

Exactly what I was looking for. :thumbup:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/Sv4bWT6H7LI/AAAAAAAAGC0/wJooZsS1TqY/s640/DSC05568-1.JPG

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_geC920GCq38/Sv4bYWI49YI/AAAAAAAAGC8/MnjT3EKgJpc/s640/DSC05570-1.JPG

mike_sema
November 13th, 2009, 10:46 PM
lookin good

Alex
November 15th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Thank you, Kevin.

Exactly what I was looking for. :thumbup:

Nice! :thumbup:

P.S. I just set up a forwarding email account for you at that address; an email sent to the address on that decal will automatically be forwarded to your real email address. Should be up and running in <5 minutes...

kkim
November 15th, 2009, 04:06 PM
lol... thanks, Alex. It works!! :D

Tigress
December 29th, 2009, 03:00 AM
Thanks for the decals Kevin. I wanted to bump this up so it doesn't get lost. :)

Sailariel
December 29th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Green the colour of a frog, black the colour of a panther. I can't think of any green animal that is fast......black on the other hand :p

Try a Bamboo Viper---It is Kawi Green and Very Fast--Ask me how I know?

Sailariel
December 29th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Kelly, Looks real sharp. I took all those hokey decals off my bike and just left the black Kawi and Ninja decals. I did add an "EX 250R" decal where your Ninja decal is. My Ninja decal is where your EX 250R decal is. I also dropped my fog lights at the low point on the fork. Will send pics. when I borrow a camera. Before I forget, Have you ever tried Liquid Glass polish? I used to use it on my show Corvette but have not seen the stuff around. Found some the other day and used it on the Ninja. The bike looks like it was dipped in clearcoat. It`s incredible stuff---not a wax. It is a bit pricey, $16.95 a pint--but a little goes a long way. Dirt literally rinses off using a spray bottle. On the `Vette, I never used car wash--just rinsed with water and dried with a chamois.

kkim
December 29th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Alex,

I have used liquid glass before and coincidentally it was recommended by a vette' owner. I didn't like how it was hard to work with sometimes, so I eventually changed.

My latest wax/polish is a product called Rejex... very easy to use, slick finish and spectacular glossiness when coated a few times.

I have found, whatever you happen to have is the best... as long as you use it regularly. :D

grn09segirl
December 30th, 2009, 11:56 AM
Kevin,

Love the green shirt in post #97, New to website how can I order one.

mike_sema
January 6th, 2010, 04:11 PM
you have em :D

mike_sema
January 15th, 2010, 09:05 PM
as always great job i will post pics soon :thumbup:

kevins_garage
January 21st, 2010, 10:42 AM
Kevin,

Love the green shirt in post #97, New to website how can I order one.

Thanks, that was just a quick mockup in MSPaint though. I've done a few with the actual "Ninja" text instead and various 250R and other stuff on the sleeves that matches the bike graphics.

If you want one, just e-mail directly at kevins_garage@yahoo.com or through my site at www.aavinyal.webs.com

shift_6
January 22nd, 2010, 07:43 AM
i never took pics this summer, but i rode over the weekend. thanks for the vinyl, they look GREAT!

http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs166.snc3/19335_663974377942_8103604_38327126_7654126_n.jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs186.snc3/19335_663976219252_8103604_38327211_7102729_n.jpg

stingray
January 28th, 2010, 02:23 PM
hey kevin, just got my decals in the mail today and they look fantastic! thanks bud!

anybody needing decals need to look no further. he's priced right and has a very quick turnaround.

laraider
February 12th, 2010, 02:24 PM
hi kevin, do you still do these? pls let me know, thank you!

kevins_garage
March 4th, 2010, 07:42 PM
hi kevin, do you still do these? pls let me know, thank you!
Still here - been busy with some other stuff lately, but still working on sticker and shirt orders here and there.

Feel free to e-mail me if you need anything.

mike_sema
March 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM
hey kevin i have a very big order em on its way

vollrathdude
March 24th, 2010, 08:50 PM
In the process of ordering cheap ebay fairings with free custom paint, i figured i might as well have some identification marks put on this beast. I cruised this thread hoping to find a sweet one to steal but there weren't any in this style so i whipped it up in paint. If anybody wants to use it, go right ahead.

I can't decide if i like the fatter R or thinner R better

Locksmiff
March 25th, 2010, 04:21 AM
In the process of ordering cheap ebay fairings with free custom paint, i figured i might as well have some identification marks put on this beast. I cruised this thread hoping to find a sweet one to steal but there weren't any in this style so i whipped it up in paint. If anybody wants to use it, go right ahead.

I can't decide if i like the fatter R or thinner R betterwhy not 250r instead. The bike isn't actually a ZX.

divingtigger
March 25th, 2010, 06:10 AM
Hey Kev,

Got mine the other day and put them on already. When they are on my bike that green looks closer to gold or olive drab, turned out better than I could have imagined, wasn't sure about weither I'd like the green or the black, but that green looks sick. When the weather improves and I get the bike all back together I'll take picks of it.

Thanks again

vollrathdude
March 25th, 2010, 03:49 PM
why not 250r instead. The bike isn't actually a ZX.

It'll go faster with zx

FerociousNINJA
March 27th, 2010, 07:32 PM
KG, any updates on the reflective Silver?

... - no reflective, but I am looking at picking up some silver and black reflective stuff, just need to find a small size and a decent price on it.

kevins_garage
March 28th, 2010, 06:07 AM
KG, any updates on the reflective Silver?
I have a place locally that has some of the specialty vinyls available in smaller cuts instead of full rolls.

Some of the reflectives and specialty vinyls are a bit thicker than the solid color vinyl and can be quite a bit more expensive (some are about 6-10X more expensive than standard colors depending on size :eek:).

If anyone wants any reflectives, carbon fibers, metallics/metal flakes, or other specialty vinyls, just e-mail me and I can find out the cost and lead time on them. If they are in stock locally, I can usually get them within a day or two. If they aren't, it can take up to a week to get.

kevins_garage@yahoo.com or aavinyl@gmail.com

Scott1620
April 10th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the graphics Kevin, heres how mine looks with silver graphics... :thumbup:

ckoolmike
April 29th, 2010, 10:21 AM

Hey kevin -

Can you PM - i want these in white so i can have it on my black ninja. how much is it too? thanks!!

deezyellownutz
April 30th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Question - Are the sticker paintable? In process of painting the bike White wit ha blue pearl and was wondering if I can use these stickers between the base / pearl and clear coat?

kevins_garage
April 30th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Question - Are the sticker paintable? In process of painting the bike White wit ha blue pearl and was wondering if I can use these stickers between the base / pearl and clear coat?
There's just no easy answer as there are different paint systems out there and different processes for applying them and how they may interact/react when vinyl is applied between the base and clear coats.

I have supplied graphics to a few guys that have cleared over them, but they specified the exact vinyl they wanted and I do not know what paint they used. I have supplied some graphics from my stock vinyls to other guys that have cleared over them and they all tested first to ensure they worked with the paints they were using.

The best thing I can suggest would be to get a scrap of material, apply the base coat, then apply a test sticker, and then shoot the clear and see what happens. If the solvents in the paint interact negatively, you will likely see the sticker bubble or deform and/or have adhesion problems with the clear.

If you e-mail your address, I can send you some vinyl scraps if you want to test them with the paint you will be using - kevins_garage@yahoo.com

03slime250
May 14th, 2010, 10:19 PM
kevin, will your stickers remove easily if i decide i dont like em? im thinkin of the green on green like was mentioned earlier

kevins_garage
May 16th, 2010, 07:30 PM
kevin, will your stickers remove easily if i decide i dont like em? im thinkin of the green on green like was mentioned earlier
They are fairly easy to remove if you decide to change them up a year or two later or whatever - a hair dryer or heat gun can be helpful.

want1sobad
May 16th, 2010, 09:48 PM
kevin - i'd like a pair of the tank "KAWASAKI" overlays in black - how much am i lookin for those?

thanks

kevins_garage
May 17th, 2010, 06:36 PM
kevin - i'd like a pair of the tank "KAWASAKI" overlays in black - how much am i lookin for those?

thanks
Tank overlays are $7 delivered

tabogon
May 19th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Got mine today, they look great! Thanks, Kevin!

kevins_garage
May 22nd, 2010, 07:18 PM
I had a tooth problem earlier this week that put me out of commission for a few days, but things are getting back to normal. Anyone that was waiting on an order from earlier this week, I apologize for the delay, but they are done and on their way in todays mail.

I have something new also - check it out!!!
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-12/908913/DSC01513.JPG

These are nice 100% cotton hats with a cloth adjuster and metal buckle for adjustable sizing. I have access to a pretty decent selection of hat colors - black, red, maroon, royal blue, navy blue, khaki, white, orange, yellow - unfortunately, no Kawasaki green though...

I have some black and khaki hats right now and need to put in an order for some other colors, so it will probably be late next week until I have them in. I have a limited selection of material colors right now also - white, red, black, silver - to mix-and-match for the text.

I'm going to start them out at $10 delivered - if you're interested, e-mail me and let me know. I can ship black or khaki hats immediately - the rest will be a week out. kevins_garage@yahoo.com

kkim
May 22nd, 2010, 07:56 PM
hmmm... any chance of adding lime green text? :D

CZroe
May 22nd, 2010, 08:13 PM
I like the hat! Any way to get it without the "250R" part? ;)

Anyway, what I really want is some way to make my stock windscreen look angular and segmented like old fighter cockpits, specifically to ape the style of the Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon hovercraft racer from the later F-Zero video games. Also, the "07" stickers, "BLUE FALCON" stickers, and other stuff to match. ;)

Does this sound even remotely possible? I have no idea how it would be done. Heck, I'd even want something like the striped tail flaps except views from above on either side of the seat (like a number plate but only two stripes instead of seven).

kevins_garage
May 23rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
hmmm... any chance of adding lime green text? :D working on that - hopefully I'll find a transfer vinyl that is close enough to Kawi green this week...

I like the hat! Any way to get it without the "250R" part? ;)

Anyway, what I really want is some way to make my stock windscreen look angular and segmented like old fighter cockpits, specifically to ape the style of the Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon hovercraft racer from the later F-Zero video games. Also, the "07" stickers, "BLUE FALCON" stickers, and other stuff to match. ;)

Does this sound even remotely possible? I have no idea how it would be done. Heck, I'd even want something like the striped tail flaps except views from above on either side of the seat (like a number plate but only two stripes instead of seven).
Hats can be done with just the Ninja text. I just did a sample with the Euro 250R included.

I could do the 07 and Blue Falcon text, but the windscreen and number plates would probably be easiest to do by hand - just cut the shapes out and apply/overlap as needed.

CZroe
May 23rd, 2010, 04:56 PM
...I could do the 07 and Blue Falcon text,...
That would be awesome. I guess I'd have to decide on placement and sizing before asking how much, but I suck at such things. Any suggestions? I'm thinkin' a small "07" on the front fender and two on either side in front of the V-shaped side fairing cuts, then a small "BLUE FALCON" bit along the bottom where kkim has his ninjette.org lettering.

... but the windscreen and number plates would probably be easiest to do by hand - just cut the shapes out and apply/overlap as needed.
Ah! Got any scrap black bits? ;) How much for a large-enough sheet to work with? How much for some white tail number plates that I can use for the basic shape? I may want to do that on the area below the tail that cuts into side covers.

I'm color-blind (yes, seriously). What color is the stripe that goes over the jets and is interupted by the cockpit? It looks different to me in different pictures but I'm pretty sure that it's red in this one.

Even though it could hide a small crack on my right and front fairing (bent fairing stay between the fairings in front of the right front turn signal; not straightened), I wouldn't want the stripe to be across that area because, well, I like my Ninja logo too darn much. :D Instead, I'd prefer a little wedge in the indentation behind the V-shaped cut in the side fairings... yeah, not so much a "stripe," but I like a bit of subtlety. I just want to invoke the Blue Falcon's style, not fully replicate it. That's why I will keep the Ninja and Kawasaki logos. :thumbup:

What color are the ring things inside the Blue Falcon's jets or intakes or air-scoops or whatever they are? I want to find some way to mount two little same-colored "donuts" wedged in the V-shaped fairing cuts. You know, "frame-slider style," though not protruding. Not vinyl, of course... I'm thinking something like two colored skateboard wheels, though I'm still at a loss for mounting options. Ah! If I go with some mesh I can mount it to that. Sound like a plan to you?

Sorry, I know you aren't exactly here to help us come up with our designs, but I don't know who else to come to with all these questions.

Sound Wave
June 4th, 2010, 10:45 AM
any one else been having trouble getting in touch with kevin?

dubojr1
June 4th, 2010, 11:02 AM
any one else been having trouble getting in touch with kevin?

I just got an order from him about 2 weeks ago. Hope he's OK.

vietboiz12345
June 6th, 2010, 12:50 PM
i email u the pictures that i want to see if u can make decals from
did u take a look at them yet?

GeneJunkie
June 6th, 2010, 02:31 PM
I emailed him yesterday for an order and he got back to me this morning. I would just email him if you have questions.

Sound Wave
June 6th, 2010, 02:34 PM
hmm... ok. he hasn't responded to my last two emails. been about two weeks since i last heard from him regarding my order.

vietboiz12345
June 6th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I emailed him yesterday for an order and he got back to me this morning. I would just email him if you have questions.

i did email him about what i wanted to see if he can do it. and he didnt get back to me yet.
i mean this site should notify you in your email too so im pretty sure he should see the notifications.
but i'll just email him again just in case he doesnt get notified

tiburonsita
June 9th, 2010, 12:59 PM
i did email him about what i wanted to see if he can do it. and he didnt get back to me yet.
i mean this site should notify you in your email too so im pretty sure he should see the notifications.
but i'll just email him again just in case he doesnt get notified

I never get a notification when I get a sitemail or photo comment. I actually have to visit the site. So it wouldn't surprise me that he doesn't know he has mail.

vietboiz12345
June 9th, 2010, 01:01 PM
I never get a notification when I get a sitemail or photo comment. I actually have to visit the site. So it wouldn't surprise me that he doesn't know he has mail.

yea i got him to answer my question by re-emailing him, so its all good now :)

Sound Wave
June 9th, 2010, 07:53 PM
i just got a response from him. he said that yahoo has been tossing a bunch of his incoming messages into the spam folder. glad to hear he is ok.

Canoas
June 17th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Hi,

I live in Brazil and I have a 2010 Ninja 250R. Here is a picture of her.
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/346/79758924.jpg

I was wanting to make a patch for it just like this model
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5999/dsc4835.jpg

Where can I find a vectored decal for this model like Ninja 250R Special Edition?

In Brazil there is this kit but it is with the green background. I need one with transparent background!

kevins_garage
June 17th, 2010, 07:21 PM

Where can I find a vectored decal for this model like Ninja 250R Special Edition?

In Brazil there is this kit but it is with the green background. I need one with transparent background!
You will probably need to have that custom made. What you want is kind of like a mini-wrap and they usually aren't terribly cheap, especially if you don't have artwork that is ready to print/cut.

kevins_garage
June 17th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Sorry to any of you guys that have been having difficulties getting in touch with me lately. I had a tooth problem that has been off and on and have been in and out of the dentist, so depending on how bad the visit was, I may have been on pain killers for a day or two and had the notify ringer off on my phone. One last visit - I think - keeping my fingers crossed...

For some reason, I have received and e-mailed back and forth with a few people and then all of a sudden 3 or 4 e-mails into it, Yahoo decides to start putting e-mail replies into spam which I don't see on my phone. I don't always check email on the computer, so I miss those for a few days until I check and clear out my spam folder.

want1sobad
June 17th, 2010, 08:08 PM
some pics of mine - black on black. thanks kevin:thumbup:

kkim
June 17th, 2010, 08:29 PM
some pics of mine - black on black. thanks kevin:thumbup:

Vince. Your bike is coming along nicely! :thumbup:

Momaru
June 17th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Sorry to any of you guys that have been having difficulties getting in touch with me lately. I had a tooth problem that has been off and on and have been in and out of the dentist, so depending on how bad the visit was, I may have been on pain killers for a day or two and had the notify ringer off on my phone. One last visit - I think - keeping my fingers crossed...

For some reason, I have received and e-mailed back and forth with a few people and then all of a sudden 3 or 4 e-mails into it, Yahoo decides to start putting e-mail replies into spam which I don't see on my phone. I don't always check email on the computer, so I miss those for a few days until I check and clear out my spam folder.

Ouch Kevin, hope that visit does ya. Had a friend that thought he was gonna lose a tooth recently (hurt so bad he couldn't even pick things up b/c the blood pressure change) but turned out to be a bit of debris that had worked so deep in his gums the dentist couldn't find it for the first 20mins of digging.

Wow~ I honestly don't really like the '10 SE in green (think it's the green/white, no offense green-lovers) but once on blue it's smexy, especially in that dappled sunlight!

want1sobad
June 18th, 2010, 05:17 AM
Vince. Your bike is coming along nicely! :thumbup:

thanks kelly - work in progess:)

can't decide what to do next:

hugger? $150 - easy

cowl? $100 - easy

bronze wheels? - $200+, pia - most dramatic change though......

Momaru
June 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Just my :2cents: but I'd suggest holding off for the wheels until your stock tires are 'bout dead and/or swap 'em out when you do the wheels. Little sense putting old rubber back on the wheel, esp if you wind up payin someone else to do it.

Agree it's lookin very good though!

want1sobad
June 19th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Just my :2cents: but I'd suggest holding off for the wheels until your stock tires are 'bout dead and/or swap 'em out when you do the wheels. Little sense putting old rubber back on the wheel, esp if you wind up payin someone else to do it.

Agree it's lookin very good though!

agreed - probably gonna go with the hugger. reconsidering the cowl since it seems to be more trouble than it's worth and so expensive.....

thanks for the feedback:)

kevins_garage
July 23rd, 2010, 03:07 PM
I worked up a "race graphics package" at the request of a 250R owner. It is similar to graphics packages offered by other online shops for $50 plus shipping.

My price is only $25 delivered in the US for standard colors (no extra charge for Kawi green, even though it will add at least 10 hp ;)).

pics are here -> http://aavinyl.webs.com/ninja250r.htm

FrugalNinja250
July 23rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
I could use a black "KAWASAKI" for the flat area above the tail light of my '06, what would that run? It's going on this: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44144

kevins_garage
July 23rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
I could use a black "KAWASAKI" for the flat area above the tail light of my '06, what would that run? It's going on this: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44144

I don't have access to an '06 - just e-mail the max width you want it to be and whether you want a gloss or matte vinyl.

kevins_garage@yahoo.com

bigrodge8
August 2nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
I would kill for some of the euro styled 250R decals for the tail, and some really good application instructions...

kevins_garage
August 3rd, 2010, 06:40 AM
I would kill for some of the euro styled 250R decals for the tail, and some really good application instructions...
Here's a link to some generic application instructions - http://www.cadillacsign.com/pdf/vinyl%20application%20instructionsfinal.pdf

Smaller decals, like the 250R tail graphics, are very easy to install and you can usually just remove the backing, position them where you want, apply pressure so they stick to the surface, then peel off the pre-mask tape.

Jaymi
August 3rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
Last weekend I put new decals on my bike from Kevin. It was super easy and they look really good, check out my gallery for pix!

kamikaze
August 16th, 2010, 08:56 PM
how much for a black tank overlay and black ninja for the upper fairings shipped to Canada?

I really think the '10 blue should have come with black decals instead of white :(

kevins_garage
August 16th, 2010, 09:04 PM
how much for a black tank overlay and black ninja for the upper fairings shipped to Canada?

I really think the '10 blue should have come with black decals instead of white :(
$10

illrational
August 16th, 2010, 09:39 PM
is there any way you can show or list the fonts you have available?I want a decal to replace my ninja fairing decal that says illRational with ill in black and Rational in red but i would like to know what fonts i can get it done in. I also am interested in 250R decals for back(black 250 w/red R).

kevins_garage
August 17th, 2010, 02:11 PM
I have several hundred fonts currently - way more than would be feasible to list out or show. As long as I can get the font file somewhere online and it is the right type of file, I can import it and can usually cut it, so the list is even longer. There are usually a lot of fonts in Office and other word processing programs and such to browse for ideas also.

The best thing I recommend is to just work up something in Word or PowerPoint to see what font you like best - if you find something you like, I just need to know the name of the font and/or where you downloaded it, and I will let you know whether I can cut it and if there are any minimum letter size requirements. Some intricate fonts with a lot of small/thin lines do not cut very well at smaller sizes.

illrational
August 22nd, 2010, 07:28 PM
Did you g teh email i sent you abou what i wanted done? I've decided to just get the four 250R decals, the 2 illrational decals and teh two ninja decals? How much will that be? PM me! Once i get price i go aead and send you the fonts. :D

kevins_garage
August 23rd, 2010, 01:07 PM
Did you g teh email i sent you abou what i wanted done? I've decided to just get the four 250R decals, the 2 illrational decals and teh two ninja decals? How much will that be? PM me! Once i get price i go aead and send you the fonts. :D
Last e-mail I had from you was on Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:13 PM

I replied to you on Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:36 PM and haven't heard back since...

I need to know the font you found so I can determine if I can even cut it in the first place and I need to clarify exactly what stickers you wanted from your e-mail and the sizes to quote prices. I re-sent the same e-mail I sent you last Thursday just a few minutes ago - if you can respond to it, I can let you know what I can do and the cost. :thumbup:

illrational
August 23rd, 2010, 06:09 PM
Last e-mail I had from you was on Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:13 PM

I replied to you on Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:36 PM and haven't heard back since...

I need to know the font you found so I can determine if I can even cut it in the first place and I need to clarify exactly what stickers you wanted from your e-mail and the sizes to quote prices. I re-sent the same e-mail I sent you last Thursday just a few minutes ago - if you can respond to it, I can let you know what I can do and the cost. :thumbup:

I sent you doesnt matter now, i'll pm you the details!

kevins_garage
September 7th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Computer was down, but back up and running now.

Cuongism
September 17th, 2010, 12:06 PM
So I decided to get some decals from Kevin and glad I did. He replied back to me each time in less than 5 minutes and shipped out my order the very next day :D
Instead of having my bike say ninja on the upper fairings, I decided to personalize it with my name.
www.urbanfonts.com is a great site to pick a font. You type in what you want and it shows what it'll look like in thousands of fonts. I got a funky Asian looking one.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/cuongism/dfe3bdec.jpg

Kevin was also nice enough and threw in another set with all Caps to see which one I liked better.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/cuongism/87dd85fd.jpg

I also got the race package.

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/cuongism/24d70c5a.jpg

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/cuongism/42093ad0.jpg

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy304/cuongism/209d6a69.jpg

Love how it looks so far :). It also comes with two more decals for the front cowl, but I didn't like how they looked so left them off. Very happy with the service and the product. Thanks Kevin! :thumbup:

illrational
September 17th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Sum of a bicho, i did the same thing except i changed the font of teh ninja and putr 250R and my name on teh bottom fairing. I havent gotten mine yet or i would have pics, booooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

rwheelz
October 1st, 2010, 08:15 PM
Does your silver match the factory silver on my wife's 09? (it is a candy thunder blue bike and the kawasaki and Ninja decals are a silver color)

Also, you say you include the Ninja sticker but these are already on her bike the way it comes...?

CZroe
October 2nd, 2010, 12:35 PM
Does your silver match the factory silver on my wife's 09? (it is a candy thunder blue bike and the kawasaki and Ninja decals are a silver color)

Also, you say you include the Ninja sticker but these are already on her bike the way it comes...?

It always looked a bit gray to me. It was white on the 2008 CP Blue and I'd prefer it that way (to match the Kawasaki lettering on the tank), but you can always order an overlay to ensure that they match (it's how kkim switched his lettering from black to white).

tp1929
October 5th, 2010, 01:33 PM
I want these for my 2010 Green ninja 250 r.Can you send them to me and how much is it.my email is tp1929@gmail.com
let me know what are the different stickers you have.

drewdeluxe
December 1st, 2010, 08:38 PM
Kevin are you still in business? I would like some vinyl cuts from you.. Let me know.. I sent you an email..

thanks

kevins_garage
December 5th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Kevin are you still in business? I would like some vinyl cuts from you.. Let me know.. I sent you an email..

thanks
Super busy with work and family lately, but still around.

t0ast
December 10th, 2010, 12:36 PM
hey, sent you an email about the decals. no rush. thanks!

onetruevibe
December 10th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Hey Kevin,

These look great! I was thinking about the fairing fills for my black 2008. Do you have vinyl in slate or dark gray? I'm looking for some subtle accents.

Thank bro.

Brian

t0ast
December 17th, 2010, 10:23 AM
hey, sent you an email about the decals. no rush. thanks!

The vinyls are great - Kawasaki tank overlay and custom college logo. Kevin's a great guy - fast on the emails with great professional customer service. Prices are unbeatable. Thanks again!

oroboros
December 19th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Just wanted to say that I finally got the chance to put on the vinyl I got from Kevin. I thought the Kawasaki logo was going to be a little larger but it all looks good. Kevin was quick to respond and ship! I did not see to many red ninjas represented so here it is. Now it's time to cut off the rear fender

nattygirl
December 20th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Got my 250R stickers from Kevin. Silver and black. Here's how they came out. Great service and he ships quick.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt150/Nattygirl6/Ninja%20250%20Photos/IMAG0302.jpg

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt150/Nattygirl6/Ninja%20250%20Photos/IMAG0306.jpg

Sempsei
January 3rd, 2011, 01:17 AM
Hi guys. I'm trying to track down a tank decal for my 1991 ex250. It is basically an extended triangle with dark grey and red pin stripe. Kevin is this something you can do?
If not any ideas where I can get hold of this item. Last owner didn't give the bike the TLC it deserves.

bigluelok
January 14th, 2011, 05:37 PM
got to post here for when i get my bike ill know where to get my vinyl done.:D

DR1300R
January 14th, 2011, 08:13 PM
Email sent... :thumbup:

t0ast
January 15th, 2011, 06:22 PM
Finally got around to putting the vinyls on - black Kawasaki lettering on the tank on a black bike. The vinyls are AMAZING - thick and durable, which makes it easy to slide them around for placement. Thanks again!

Also, thanks to kkim for the awesome DIY on applying vinyls.

20ninja03
February 20th, 2011, 01:22 AM
I know you do alot of the 08-11 250 decals but would you be able to do the lower cowl decal for a 86-07 ninja? My fairing was melted when I got the bike but found a used one that I'm having painted so I was looking to get two like the pic below. Silver and medium blue. I don't know the size but I can get you a measurement if needed.
Thanks,
Matt
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/fastmatt01/HPIM1794.jpg

choneofakind
March 14th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Hey Kevin, I emailed you about some 250R decals. Sent it to aavinyl@gmail.com like your website told me to. Thanks

Cazper
March 15th, 2011, 10:45 PM
Had a quick question for you... your race decal kit made me think of the following as I have the 09 SE Green 250R that matches the 09 SE Green ZX-10R except that the rear panel doesn't carry the white on the 250R like it does here in the ZX-10R:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/cazper_77/Ninja%20250R/ZX-10RDecal.jpg

I was wondering if you could alter the pattern on your race kit so that the rear panel matched the shape/size of the one I pictured so I could try to mimic the ZX-10R better. I would also then want the euro 250R decal to go above the white panel. Any info you could provide would be appreciated :thumbup:

choneofakind
March 16th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Get the zx10r sticker too! Add like 130+ hp to the bike :lol:

Cazper
March 16th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Get the zx10r sticker too! Add like 130+ hp to the bike :lol:
um...yeah... how bout' no :thumbup:

I actually also came up with another idea on the ride to work today... how about a double layer black triangle with white over it (to keep in the theme of white on black) also smaller than your original set at least enough to still see the green on the back... maybe something like this quick paint rendering:

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e292/cazper_77/Ninja%20250R/decalidea.jpg

I circled what I'm talking about in red again... would this be possible? I would also then possibly put the euro 250R inside the white area.

CZroe
March 29th, 2011, 03:28 PM
Kevin: Is it possible to get clear vinyl, like smoke or mirror tinting? I just want to do a couple triangular "eyes" on my helmet's inner flip-down shaded visor but I can see how some may want it as window tinting. :)

c717905
May 7th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Mr Kevin,
Can I get the version #2, 250R stickers in the 2009 silver color, with the R in the same color silver as opposed to the standard red? The same thing for the windshield "Kawasaki".
Sorry for the email type post, but this makes my 50th post, which is the threshold to be able to send emails to board members.

DarC
May 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Sent you an e-mail @ the yahoo address. Let me know if you got it and if that is something you could do.
Thanks!!

AndreMRM
May 8th, 2011, 05:48 PM
Can you send the stickers to Brazil?

play2pwn
May 11th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Kevin I sent an email with name starting at Aaron

And also im wondering if you can make a Monster Logo in red, lol

DarC
May 16th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Got the flat black race kit in today and had it installed on the black 08 within minutes of opening the package. All I can say is wow, it looks great. A++++xeleventy billion. Great packaging, excellent work, can't beat the price. You sir, are a great American.

I will be sending you an e-mail shortly regarding the red decals I ordered. Awesome work and I think they look great, but the wife isn't 100% on board with them. I think she was expecting the ZX-R similar to the ZX-6,9,10,12R style. I thought I picked a proper compromise. Maybe I can see if you can do me up a set in silver with a red R and I will just edit out the 6 in the ZX-6R. Her word is the law when it is going to be her future bike....

c717905
May 17th, 2011, 10:46 PM
I received my "250R" tail stickers today and they look great. I'm glad I ordered both types as the one I thought I wanted, now I am not so sure about, and the one I was unsure about now I think I like. Thanks for making the prices cheap enough so I could get both sets and decide in person. I do love affordable, high quality things.

IndyTwoFiddy
May 22nd, 2011, 03:48 PM
Can you do the ZX-2R (ZX-2 in white) R (in black)? If so...I'll take one for each side of the rear there....please pm me an cost shipped and paypal addy! shipping zip is 46227...thanks man

DR1300R
May 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
Can you do the ZX-2R (ZX-2 in white) R (in black)? If so...I'll take one for each side of the rear there....please pm me an cost shipped and paypal addy! shipping zip is 46227...thanks man

You would be better off to email Kevin.. :thumbup: aavinyl@gmail.com

Blastoise250r
May 24th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Still here - been busy with some other stuff lately, but still working on sticker and shirt orders here and there.

Feel free to e-mail me if you need anything.

hey man are you still doing those graphics? How much are they?

matha028
July 16th, 2011, 08:03 AM
are you still making decals?

caps
July 16th, 2011, 08:07 AM
ZX-2R

could you make one like this that says ZX-1/4R?

matha028
July 16th, 2011, 09:24 AM
$6 is so much better than the stock cost for the Ninja ones.