View Full Version : Becky (Custom Seat Creations) Needs Our Prayers

Pages : [1] 2

camaroz1985
July 24th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Becky from Custom Seat Creations has been in an accident.

Please keep her in your prayers.

BlueTyke
July 24th, 2009, 06:22 AM
Oh my! Becky!

Here is to a smooth recovery! Your in my thoughts!!

If they give updates let us know??? Also an address were we may send a card??

TonyKZ1
July 24th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Sorry to hear about this, she's in our prayers for a speedy recovery.

Here's the link to the topic on her accident.
http://forums.ninja250.org/viewtopic.php?p=766939#766939

They're talking about sending a card to her business address or contacting a family member to send the cards to.
Tony

BlueTyke
July 24th, 2009, 06:58 AM
I hadn't thought about sending it to her work! I'll have to pick up a few cards :)

Becky
C/O Custom Seat Creations
8285 Pinegate Dr.
Colorado Springs, CO 80925

(Well that is where the mail order forms go to... I guess it is as good as any)

Apex
July 24th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Texting is irrelevant? WTF? Illegal or not, it is VERY RELEVANT! Start documenting it you morons, then maybe you will start to see a trend and will pass a law as a result of your findings. Idiots.

Hope she finds a speedy recovery, she is in my prayers.

JaeL
July 24th, 2009, 07:26 AM
damn

noche_caliente
July 24th, 2009, 09:03 AM
OMG. She and I may not have seen eye-to-eye on everything, but I would never wish something like this on anyone. I hope that she is ok. Thoughts headed her way for sure!

Alex
July 24th, 2009, 09:04 AM
That''s just terrible. Healing thoughts sent her way...

Cali619
July 24th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Prayers and speedy recovery to a fallen rider.

Snake
July 24th, 2009, 09:20 AM
My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery are sent here way.

CANTFUNCTION
July 24th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Oh my! Becky!

Here is to a smooth recovery! Your in my thoughts!!

If they give updates let us know??? Also an address were we may send a card??

Sunny
That's a good idea. I'm going to have to get a card today.

Verus Cidere
July 24th, 2009, 10:37 AM
This sucks! I hope she turns out ok! And I hope the idiot in the car gets what's coming to them! :mad:

Nemy
July 24th, 2009, 11:27 AM
OMG. I hope she'll be ok. I already respected her for giving our forum members the deals so I will pray for her recovery.

coolbreeze
July 24th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Prayers said. Get well and heal fast.

M-Oorb
July 24th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Wow this is just terrible. I too am going out to get and send a card today. She is in my thoughts and prayers.

AnarchoMoltov
July 24th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Hopefully she'll be alright....Thats screwed up..........

Neema12
July 24th, 2009, 12:24 PM
Wow. Best wishes and I hope she recovers!

rockNroll
July 24th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Prayers go out to her.

tjkamper
July 24th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I hope she comes out okay. Best Wishes and Prayers.

Ash
July 24th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

ztrack157
July 24th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I hope that driver had insurance. Maybe we should start a collection because every little bit will help especially when a potential $250,000 worth of medical bills piles up. I hope she turns out to be ok after all this.

As for her gear it did its job. The femur isn't really protected by any kind of protection available and her spleen damage was a result of the force. I am suprised she lost her boots but that shows you what a car going 100mph will do to you.

kkim
July 24th, 2009, 03:10 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to you, Becky.

Strider
July 24th, 2009, 03:19 PM
OMG!

I'll keep Becky in my thoughts, and hope for her to have a speedy recovery!

Keep us advised on her condition, please!

zail
July 24th, 2009, 03:34 PM
My thoughts go out to Becky and her family and best wishes for a speedy recovery..

Boywonder
July 24th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Good luck and wishes towards a quick recovery, Becky.

ARF07
July 24th, 2009, 04:20 PM
wow..makes me so sad to read every time someone goes down. I really hope she'll be ok.

Flashmonkey
July 24th, 2009, 06:07 PM
My prayers go out to Becky....I hope she pulls through okay.

ninjabrewer
July 24th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Becky is in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

nb

BlueRaven
July 24th, 2009, 07:17 PM
:pray: Becky, may you find the strength to pull through and recover fast.

ninjablk08
July 24th, 2009, 07:31 PM
will pray for her and her love ones

backinthesaddleagain
July 24th, 2009, 08:39 PM
texting is irrelevant? Wtf? Illegal or not, it is very relevant! Start documenting it you morons, then maybe you will start to see a trend and will pass a law as a result of your findings. Idiots.

agreed!!!

zartan
July 24th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Wish I could make this all go away for her with just a smiley.
Please, if anyone catches an update post it here. Thanks. I have been checking on 250 org...:(

miks
July 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Get well soon, best wishes for a good recovery.

postie1686
July 24th, 2009, 11:55 PM
agreed!!!

im with you guys 100% saw it cause way tomany up here infact minnesota passed a law against it.

my prayers will be with her!

00v_Lucky
July 25th, 2009, 01:42 AM
ninjette.org <3 becky. i couldn't imagine how much a fractured femur would feel :( let alone all those other injuries. heres to a speedy recovery vroom vroom.

ally99
July 25th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Bless her heart. :( Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

CZroe
July 25th, 2009, 06:18 AM
Texting is irrelevant? WTF? Illegal or not, it is VERY RELEVANT! Start documenting it you morons, then maybe you will start to see a trend and will pass a law as a result of your findings. Idiots.

The reason most states do not have laws for it is that, in the case of an accident, you can be charged under existing laws... like distracted driving. Still sounds totally relevant.

addy126
July 25th, 2009, 07:20 AM
OMG!:eek: Becky was so helpful in locating a decent rear hugger for my '09 N-250..... speedy recovery Beckster, chin up and don't give in! You've now earned your "wheels" <grin> we all get one and live to tell! I look at it as "badge of honor" tho it would be great if it didn't happen but you can't control the cages... so now we move forward with that "badge"... get well soon sister:thumbup:

TrueFaith
July 25th, 2009, 07:27 AM
That's terrible. Hope she is doing well and has a speedy recovery. They can't ban cell phones in cars fast enough, weather it was a factor or not. How many times have you been on your bike lately and had some asshat texting or on the phone drift over the double yellow and invade your lane? Too many for me.

Strider
July 25th, 2009, 08:59 AM
I hadn't thought about sending it to her work! I'll have to pick up a few cards :)

Becky
C/O Custom Seat Creations
8285 Pinegate Dr.

(Well that is where the mail order forms go to... I guess it is as good as any)

Great idea! Whoever came up with it :)

zartan
July 26th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Found this on the 250 ORG

mikeycronis (guest)
Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:54 am
Becky update..

Becky survived the 6+ hours operation and had a lot of titanium installed for the broken bones. Here's the damage assessment:

compound fracture femur (thigh): titanium rod installed
broken forearm: titanium plate with screws installed
broken wrist
broken thumb
crushed spleen: now clotting (good thing) probably no splenectomy required
crushed foot: boots flew off 100 yards still tied (?!) off her feet. Still hurts her a lot MRI details to follow

She'll make a full recovery it's expected. She's in a decent amount of pain. Any seatcovers will be unfortunately delayed. Please relay this to Ninjette.org for those who were waiting on orders? I'd appreciate it. I've been quite busy with insurance and lawyers and such.

I don't know how I wasn't hit. I'm not even sure if I reacted to avoid the spinning Toyota Corolla (I thought it was a Mazda 626 but it was a Toyota Corolla 1999). There was probably a tenth of a second reaction time. It blurred into my vision so suddenly and distorted, similar to those of you familiar with going very high speeds. The driver and 2 passengers are fine, though airlifted. Luckily they had Tripple-A insurance.

It's a bit morbid but if anyone wants to see the bike as-is now, let me know and email me at mikecronis@msn.com

She's actually been quite chatty in-between drowsy pain-meds. Her seats were salvaged by me by approval of State Patrol after the damage. It's interesting to note though the bike was destroyed, her seatcovers were almost completely unhurt though the seats flew-off the bike and landed 300 feet into a field. Now THAT'S quality seatcovers! She was amused a bit to note this and smiled.

noche_caliente
July 26th, 2009, 09:26 AM
oh my God - I get tears every time I read this. Wow.

zartan
July 26th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Yea it is hard to hear and I hope no one posts picts of the bike. Makes me sick :(

Strider
July 26th, 2009, 09:34 AM
At least she's alive! Thank goodness!!!

JS73
July 26th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Wow, I don't know the gal, but this is very sad to hear.
Have a speedy recovery and heal well, Becky.

-Joel

camaroz1985
July 26th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Glad to hear things are going so well (all things considered). Also nice to see that the people around her are able to bring her some joy and get her thoughts off the pain she is in.

Best of luck in the recovery Becky, it will be tough, but we all know that you are too.

Snake
July 26th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I'm glad to hear that she is doing well. Now the recovery begins. Hope you heal quickly Becky.
Zartan, thanks for the update.

BlueTyke
July 27th, 2009, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the update!!

She is strong and I continue to wish her a quick recovery!!

Btw that is a great selling point on the seat covers ><' ( :D )

RaceBikeRentals
July 27th, 2009, 08:10 AM
:(

andrewwoo
July 27th, 2009, 09:46 AM
wow! will pray for her!

lockie
July 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the update and pass along all our best wishes

tiburonsita
July 27th, 2009, 10:18 AM
That's just horrible. Wish the best for her and that she recovers fully.

ASecretNinja
July 27th, 2009, 01:09 PM
**** :( Becky was so helpful with my first seat cover that I JUST placed a second order with her. Would could either start a fund like someone said, or just bombard her with a crazy amount of business :) A ninjette stimulus package of sorts :D

Speedy recovery Becky!

istreefitty
July 27th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Our families thoughts and prayers go out to you Becky, I hope everything works out.

BlueTyke
July 30th, 2009, 05:45 AM
Just got an email back and they say to send cards here:

Becky Cronis
8285 Pinegate Drive

and for those waiting for orders, this email was an automatic response from my reply of Thanks..

****BECKY, THE SOLE OWNER AND OPERATOR OF CUSTOM SEAT CREATIONS WAS HIT BY A CAR WHILE RIDING HER MOTORYCLE ON JUL 24, 2009. A TWO-MONTH WAIT TIME IS EXPECTED FOR ALL ORDERS. SHE IS RECOVERING FROM MULTIPLE BROKEN BONES. PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU'D LIKE TO CANCEL YOUR ORDER AND WE'LLL SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE. YOUR BUSINESS IS APPRECIATED. THANK YOU!****

dimeified
July 30th, 2009, 06:37 AM
I read these stories on the forums, this, and DNAl0r on the kawiforum, and still, i get on my bike. But i am far from fearless, i am scared of the sky lift at the bronx zoo because i hate heights. In any event, i think i'll have to be placing an order in a couple months when she recovers (heals).

randomwalk101
July 30th, 2009, 08:09 AM
OMG...Speedy recovery Becky..

let's go kill that Toyota Corolla douchebag. :mad:

BlueRaven
July 30th, 2009, 09:36 AM
i hope you get good drugs for the pain Becky

SpyderGirl
July 30th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Here is to a speedy recovery Becky!

nate-bama
July 30th, 2009, 01:17 PM
god bless

ASecretNinja
July 30th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Bump for update. Anyone know anything?

zartan
July 30th, 2009, 10:05 PM
From the 250.org forum...good news.

Becky (Custom Seat Creations)
Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:30 am
still alive and kicking!

Thank you eveyone. I've just been able to get online. I'll still have to have more surguries on my left foot as it's still broken in four places, but I'm on the road to recovery for sure.

Thanks for all the support!

Take care,
Becky

kkim
July 30th, 2009, 10:20 PM
Thanks, Z, for the update. :thumbup: That's great news!! Great news, indeed!! :)

Stay strong, Becky. Wish you well in your recovery.

ManyCavies
July 30th, 2009, 11:24 PM
A ninjette stimulus package of sorts :DSpeedy recovery Becky!

I might be able to help with the stimulus thing (just couldn't erase the recovery thing):D

My Whole family sends good thoughts to her and I think positive of her often.

imunro
July 31st, 2009, 12:19 AM
Speedy recovery, Becky!

BlueTyke
July 31st, 2009, 05:48 AM
Yay!! Thanks for the update Zartan! (I never check that forum it confuses me ><' )

Keep up the great healing Becky!

demp
July 31st, 2009, 07:17 AM
That's terrible. Hope she is doing well and has a speedy recovery. They can't ban cell phones in cars fast enough, weather it was a factor or not. How many times have you been on your bike lately and had some asshat texting or on the phone drift over the double yellow and invade your lane? Too many for me.

Yep, luckily for me there is a law being put in place in a few months here in ontario, hope becky has a quick recovery

Blue Monkey
July 31st, 2009, 10:32 AM
I was sad to hear the news but glad you are recovering. I have you in my prayers.

ironglory
July 31st, 2009, 11:52 AM
Prayer said & thoughts of quick recovery sent. Get well & like I said "shred the license & a finger for each offense where an individual is harmed". Make them remember what they have done.

noche_caliente
July 31st, 2009, 05:52 PM
great to hear she's doing a bit better!

zartan
August 1st, 2009, 08:12 AM
:D:D
Well look what the cat dragged in :) welcome back!!
Hope you are in good hands there. Again sorry this happend to you.

thanks for requesting no picts.. :( blech... always bad juju

Wishing you the best, Zartan

kkim
August 1st, 2009, 09:59 AM
So glad to see you're back, Becky. Mahalo for posting.

Love the smile in your post... keep up the great attitude. Get well soon. GL w/ the rehab. :thumbup:

Much aloha and love from the middle of the Pacific ocean.

conchwanab
August 1st, 2009, 10:28 AM
Thoughts and prayers,and a speedy recovery!!!

Custom Seat Creations
August 1st, 2009, 03:39 PM
So glad to see you're back, Becky. Mahalo for posting.

Love the smile in your post... keep up the great attitude. Get well soon. GL w/ the rehab. :thumbup:

Much aloha and love from the middle of the Pacific ocean.

Mahalo Kelly. I have to get better soon. We haven't taken a vacation in 7 years and we have tickets to Hawaii for a week in October. We're going no matter what! :thumbup:

kkim
August 1st, 2009, 03:42 PM
Mahalo Kelly. I have to get better soon. We haven't taken a vacation in 7 years and we have tickets to Hawaii for a week in October. We're going no matter what! :thumbup:

Let me know if you're on Kauai during your vacation. Drinks will be on me, after your ordeal. Hope to see you in October. :thumbup:

Strider
August 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
I've asked that the details of my accident be removed and that anyone please refrain from postings pics if you have them.

Thank you everyone for the support. I've received mailed cards from different board members, they're wonderful!

I've been moved to the rehab floor at Penrose Hospital. Here's my new contact info:

Penrose St Francis Hospital
Attn: Becky Cronis Rm. 807
2222 N. Nevada Ave., Colorado Springs, CO 80907

Rm. 807
Phone: 719-776-2284

Visiting hours:
Monday - Saturday 5-8 p.m.
sunday 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.

Please forward this to anyone interested. I ask that visits be kept to 30 minutes or less as I'm just too tired for more than that. I do welcome anyone that would like to visit. :)

Thanks,
Becky

Becky, So glad you're able to post again :)
Good luck with the rehab and therapy !!!
We're keeping you in our thoughts :)
My wife and I sent a card, we hope it comes threw ...
Keep us all updated :D
Take care and get plenty of rest!!!

Alan ( and Sabrina )

noche_caliente
August 1st, 2009, 05:10 PM
Becky! I'm so glad to see you back posting with us. We were thinking about you today while out riding. I hate what you're going through, but know that you've got what it takes to pull through!

Snake
August 1st, 2009, 06:45 PM
Becky, it's great to hear that you are doing well and glad you posted with us here to let us know. We are all pulling for you.

BlueTyke
August 2nd, 2009, 06:24 PM
Yay Becky!! Good to see you around!

Custom Seat Creations
August 3rd, 2009, 03:27 AM
Waiting for some updates from the Doc today. Hope it's good news. Staying in a hospital bed and then having to get up for therapy is very painfful.

I just count my blessings though. Thanks for all the support.

emt250
August 3rd, 2009, 03:42 AM
Glad you're okay! get well soon.

Custom Seat Creations
August 4th, 2009, 05:42 AM
In an effort to help Becky and her family in any way possible a
donation account has been created, from which 100% of the proceeds go directly to the Cronis family. You may donate through Google Checkout or PayPal on the Custom Seat Creations Homepage.

Custom Seat Creations
August 4th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Good news and just more news.

Since this happened, I've been laid up in the hospital. The driver of the car sure took away a lot of things. Not getting a paycheck and also finding out I'm 30 days shy of the short term disability prgram worries me. Trying to pick up the pieces is a challenge.

Not sure when I'll be able to go back to work.

We're still trying to figure out the insuance aspect too. Crazy!

On a better note, I'm scheduled to have my first foot surgery tomorrow 8/5/09. I'll be on a sugical flloor for awhile then get to be relesed home. I can't wait. I'll know more tomorrow.

~Becky

kkim
August 4th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Why isn't the other driver's insurance picking up the bills on all of this? Have your insurance company talk to theirs.

Good to see you back in better spirits and can feel you getting stronger through your posts. :)

BlueTyke
August 4th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Keep us posted!!

Good luck on the surgery! Sending good vibes your way!

Custom Seat Creations
August 4th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Why isn't the other driver's insurance picking up the bills on all of this? Have your insurance company talk to theirs.

Good to see you back in better spirits and can feel you getting stronger through your posts. :)

That part is in the works. I'm still in the hospital, so that bill keeps getting added to. The problem is no work = no paycheck which pays the normal bills. It'll all work out in the end I'm sure.

SpyderGirl
August 4th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

noche_caliente
August 4th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I'll be thinking about you tomorrow Becky! I hope all goes well!

Custom Seat Creations
August 4th, 2009, 07:30 PM
I'll be thinking about you tomorrow Becky! I hope all goes well!

Thanks Kim!

noche_caliente
August 5th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Hi Becky! I hope you'll check in with us today and let us know how you're doing :)

Custom Seat Creations
August 6th, 2009, 08:08 PM
I made it through the first foot surgery. I'm in complete agony. need to rest.

tiburonsita
August 6th, 2009, 08:14 PM
A big bump in the road but you'll get through this. Hang in there.

BlueTyke
August 7th, 2009, 06:24 AM
At least the first one is done with! Keep resting and let your body do what it needs to do!

noche_caliente
August 7th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Oh Becky - I'm so sorry the surgery made it worse pain-wise :( I hope it feels better soon! Get plenty of rest, and check-in when you can :)

Custom Seat Creations
August 8th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Thanks to everyone for the get well wishes, donations, cards and prayers. I made it through my first foot surgery with only one more to go. Modern technology is amazing. The docs put me back together very well and I'm so thankful to be alive and able to tell my story. They found the right med combination and the pain is very tolerable.

The doc let me go home Friday night. I wanted to let everyone know. My husband has been so wonderful through all of this.

I have to go back to the doc's on Tuesday to see about my last foot operation. It's going to be a doozie. I'll be back in the hospital for 4 or 5 days. Not looking forward to that for sure. My couch is so amazingly comfortable!

Thank you my ninja250 family for being there for Mike and I.

We care deeply for you all!

Regards,
Becky

Strider
August 8th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Becky, keep up that good attitude and all will be fine :)
Get plenty of rest, and make sure to eat and drink well too!
We're praying for you :)

lockie
August 8th, 2009, 03:05 PM
You take care. Lots of folks are with you on this. It's a day to day thing with each day getting a bit better. More than 200 of us are keeping track of your progress and wish you a speedy recovery.

God Bless

noche_caliente
August 9th, 2009, 07:16 AM
It sounds like you're coping wonderfully! And what would we do without those wonderful hubbies to help take care of us? Keep up the great attitude and you'll keep healing wonderfully!

Custom Seat Creations
August 9th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I'll have to admit, it's very hard to stay positive. I have so many feelings about the whole thing. Sleeping is very tough. I was conscious the whole time until the doc's put me out for surgery. I keep seeing everything happening over and over again. Hard to keep the bad stuff at bay. Everyone's kind words, best wishes and the love of my husband are helping me stay strong and carry on the best I can.

Thanks!
Becky

OldGuy
August 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I've no doubt you will come through this with your positive attitude and good doctors. Know that we are all thinking of you.

BlueTyke
August 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Glad your at home Becky! Keep up the healing thoughts though!

Custom Seat Creations
August 11th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Went to see the doc today. He took all the thick padding and bandages off from the last surgery that I had on Wednesday. I was rather horrified to see the stitches and where the doc had to cut. My husband said it'll all heal and not worry about it and gave me a big hug. Made me feel a lot better. I hopefully have the last surgery to fix my heel and my ankle bone tomorrow. I'll be back in the hospital for a few days. We'll try to keep everyone posted once I get home.

Thanks everyone,
Becky

noche_caliente
August 11th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the update Becky. *hugs* I hope the surgery goes well for you tomorrow! Just remember, guys find scars to be really sexy ;)

Custom Seat Creations
August 11th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the update Becky. *hugs* I hope the surgery goes well for you tomorrow! Just remember, guys find scars to be really sexy ;)

Thanks! I'm going to have quite a few when all is said and done.

Custom Seat Creations
August 11th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I'm so very lucky. I've refrained from posting any in-depth comments regarding the accident, but I want everyone to realize how lucky I am to be here with you all.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/bike1.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/bike2.jpg

Regards,
Becky

noche_caliente
August 11th, 2009, 06:06 PM
My God Becky! there's nothing left :eek: I have tears in my eyes just seeing your bike sweetie! I am SO sorry you are going through this. What is the status in going after the stupid ***** that hit you?

Snake
August 11th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Wow Becky you are lucky and blessed to be here and at the same time we are lucky and blessed to have you here with us as well.

Custom Seat Creations
August 11th, 2009, 06:28 PM
My God Becky! there's nothing left :eek: I have tears in my eyes just seeing your bike sweetie! I am SO sorry you are going through this. What is the status in going after the stupid ***** that hit you?

Kim,

We're still working the rest of it.

Thanks,
Becky

Custom Seat Creations
August 11th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Wow Becky you are lucky and blessed to be here and at the same time we are lucky and blessed to have you here with us as well.

Rick,

Very much so!

Thanks,
Becky

Strider
August 11th, 2009, 06:50 PM
The first thing out of both mine and my wife's mouths was : Oh My God!
Words cannot express how glad we are that you still with us!
Please try to rest and recuperate, and do your best to keep a positive attitude
It really helps...

Take care of yourself,
Alan & Sabrina

BlueTyke
August 12th, 2009, 07:09 AM
OMG! I looked and was like... What bike?

I am soooo so glad you are okay (considering). I would seriously give you a hug if I could. Web hugs will have to do! :hug:

Get better soon!

razorback
August 12th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Just so grateful that you survived and that you are home. What a tremendous blessing from above! Wishing you a quick recovery...

Sailariel
August 12th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Done. Lots of prayers coming your way.

noche_caliente
August 13th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Hi Becky! I hope you're doing ok after the surgery yesterday!!! *hugs*

muffinman
August 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM
So glad to hear you're OK! Once you get recovery out of the way, go milk that idiot driver for all his/her worth... NO excuse for driving that negligently and almost killing another human being.

tinng321
August 14th, 2009, 06:02 AM
It's good to see you around Becky. Hope you have a smooth and quick recovery.

tinng321
August 14th, 2009, 06:05 AM
So glad to hear you're OK! Once you get recovery out of the way, go milk that idiot driver for all his/her worth... NO excuse for driving that negligently and almost killing another human being.

+1 :laser: :drivingcrash: (the idiot)

Custom Seat Creations
August 16th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Just returned home from my foot surgery on Wed. Hurts like the dickens, but perhaps i can now just heal. My couch never felt so good. You guys are the best! Thank you all so much for being there for my husband Mike and I.

Trying to deal with all the emotional aspects of this is very hard. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start? Please PM me if you'd rather not post. I'm just trying to get through every day as it comes.

Turns out I needed a bone graft in my foot as well. Didn't even dawn on me that it wouldn't be my own bone material used. I freaked out when the nurse handed me a card to send to my donor's family to thank them. I don't know how to handle that at all. Way too soon.

Everyone's support has ben so amazing to me. It helps me get through this challenging time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Take care,
Becky

lockie
August 16th, 2009, 02:48 PM
I hear a remarkable spirit in what you've posted here. Call on it when you need it. Be with the people that support you when you do that.

You're right it's a day to day thing but your spirit will be there every day in one form or another.

As my Native brethern say "Every Day is a Good Day"

Take Care

Custom Seat Creations
August 16th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Don,

Thank you for your kind words. They are greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

Regards,
Becky

I hear a remarkable spirit in what you've posted here. Call on it when you need it. Be with the people that support you when you do that.

You're right it's a day to day thing but your spirit will be there every day in one form or another.

As my Native brethern say "Every Day is a Good Day"

Take Care

ninjablk08
August 16th, 2009, 05:16 PM
prayers out to you Becky and your love ones

DarkNinja52
August 16th, 2009, 05:59 PM
My prayers go to you Becky, Keep positive thoughts in your head, the mind is much more powerful than most people realize. Keep your chin up and you'll be better in no time. Just remember:
Sunny days wouldn't be special, if it weren't for rain, and joy wouldn't feel so good, if it weren't for pain.
Life is hard but it makes you realize the good things you have, focus on the good things and keep those positive thoughts.
Everyone here at ninjette.org is supporting you, you'll get through this..

Strider
August 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM
My Advice : Keep your family close, and hug them as much as you can...
You'll be surprised at the pick-me-up that gives you :)
Rest and Heal! We're keeping you in our thoughts!

Custom Seat Creations
August 16th, 2009, 08:37 PM
prayers out to you Becky and your love ones

Thank you. You're prayers are welcome. I've never been a religious person, but someone sure watched over me that day.

Custom Seat Creations
August 16th, 2009, 08:40 PM
My prayers go to you Becky, Keep positive thoughts in your head, the mind is much more powerful than most people realize. Keep your chin up and you'll be better in no time. Just remember:
Sunny days wouldn't be special, if it weren't for rain, and joy wouldn't feel so good, if it weren't for pain.
Life is hard but it makes you realize the good things you have, focus on the good things and keep those positive thoughts.
Everyone here at ninjette.org is supporting you, you'll get through this..

aj,

I'm definately trying to stay positive for sure! I know I'll be back to 100%riding in no time.

Ninjette.org member's rock! :thumbup:

Thanks,
Becky

Custom Seat Creations
August 16th, 2009, 08:46 PM
My Advice : Keep your family close, and hug them as much as you can...
You'll be surprised at the pick-me-up that gives you :)
Rest and Heal! We're keeping you in our thoughts!

Alan,

Yes, hugs are fantastic. I tell my husband how much I appreciate him and love him so much and hug him as much as I can.

Thanks for the reminders. I almost lost everything. I have so much in my life to hold onto and cherish. Sometimes it takes those near death experinces to wake you up. I'm definately awake now and fighting for everything I hold dear.

You guys are the best!:D

Thanks,
Becky

Verus Cidere
August 16th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Glad to hear you're getting better! Keep up the good work! :D

BlueTyke
August 17th, 2009, 07:13 AM
When ever you are down, read this thread. Know that you are thought of, loved, and valued. Remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Some good qoutes for a Blue Day from Winnie the Pooh:

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

When looking at your two paws, as soon as you have decided which of them is the right one, then you can be sure the other one is the left.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain!

Custom Seat Creations
August 17th, 2009, 07:34 PM
When ever you are down, read this thread. Know that you are thought of, loved, and valued. Remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Some good qoutes for a Blue Day from Winnie the Pooh:

Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.

When looking at your two paws, as soon as you have decided which of them is the right one, then you can be sure the other one is the left.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about getting out there and dancing in the rain!

Sunny,

You're a breath of fresh air. Thank you for your encouragement.

Warmest regards,
Becky

BlueTyke
August 18th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Anytime!

Custom Seat Creations
August 22nd, 2009, 08:04 AM
Each day feels better than before. I slept almost the whole day yesterday. Felt really good. I definately feel stir-crazy having to rest all the time. I'm normally a go go person. Movies sure help from the tedium. I think I'll write a journal of what's been happening and hopefully someday can post it here.

noche_caliente
August 22nd, 2009, 08:10 AM
Becky - thanks for updating us - you've been on my mind! :)

Custom Seat Creations
August 22nd, 2009, 08:53 AM
Becky - thanks for updating us - you've been on my mind! :)
Thanks for the phone call yesterday. I figured you'd check the board. I had everything turned off so I could get some sleep. Thanks for checking in on me.

~Becky

zartan
August 22nd, 2009, 10:03 AM
Trying to deal with all the emotional aspects of this is very hard. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start? Please PM me if you'd rather not post. I'm just trying to get through every day as it comes.

Becky, Happy to hear you are home.

Hey it is ok to get steaming mad, than really sad, and then really glad you are alive.
It is a process and you can't cheat any emotion or it will come back around and around until it gets it's due. And it will do it when you least expect it.
( YIKES! 4 month down the road in the produce isle. look out tomato's)

So process gently but thoroughly.
The time down must be maddening. Some crazy reason, but still not fair. Wish you continued amazing strength.. Zart

Custom Seat Creations
August 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Becky, Happy to hear you are home.

Hey it is ok to get steaming mad, than really sad, and then really glad you are alive.
It is a process and you can't cheat any emotion or it will come back around and around until it gets it's due. And it will do it when you least expect it.
( YIKES! 4 month down the road in the produce isle. look out tomato's)

So process gently but thoroughly.
The time down must be maddening. Some crazy reason, but still not fair. Wish you continued amazing strength.. Zart

Zartan,

Yes, all those and so much more.

Thanks!
~Becky

Alex
August 22nd, 2009, 12:08 PM
Hang in there, Becky! The keys to this are a comfy couch, a whole bunch of comfort food, a particularly advanced remote control in front of a very large TV, and folks that are happy to bring over as much food and Vicodin as needed. :thumbup: Every day will be a little better than the last...

http://www.ciurczak.com/photos/35012720_mCUcB-M.jpg

Custom Seat Creations
August 22nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
Alex,

My situation looks nearly identical!

Thanks,
Becky

Custom Seat Creations
August 23rd, 2009, 09:18 PM
I miss my bike already. Next Spring I'll have to get another one.

I finally got a copy of the police report. Makes me quake inside just looking at it.

BlueTyke
August 24th, 2009, 06:49 AM
:: HUGGGGGG ::

That is all :D

Custom Seat Creations
August 24th, 2009, 07:29 AM
:: HUGGGGGG ::

That is all :D

Thanks Sunny! :D

Strider
August 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM
I miss my bike already. Next Spring I'll have to get another one.

That's the spirit Becky! Get right back on as soon as you can :)
Let's get 2010's together!

ztrack157
August 24th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Glad your doing better and have a good support team. What was the final verdict on the police report? Obviously she was at fault but what wer the other details leading up. Hopefully you lawyer make sure you are well taken care of and compensated of all the mess you have been through. In the mean time just stay as comfy as possible.

Custom Seat Creations
August 24th, 2009, 02:33 PM
That's the spirit Becky! Get right back on as soon as you can :)
Let's get 2010's together!

Sounds good!

ztrack157
August 24th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Generally the charge carrys no pokey time. She'll probably get probation and her license revoked for 6 months to a year. If it was reckless driving she could get a month in jail.

Custom Seat Creations
August 24th, 2009, 02:43 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/POLICE_REPORT_2B092619_PG2.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/POLICE_REPORT_2B092619_PG3.jpg

BlueTyke
August 24th, 2009, 02:55 PM
It amazes me how they can (I understand because they have to) state all that so non-chalantly you know? This is someone's life!

The diagram, though informative, is graphic when you know the person they are dealing with.

noche_caliente
August 24th, 2009, 04:38 PM
My God Becky, that just gives me chills. Are you ok after seeing it? *hugs*

ztrack157
August 24th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Damn. Did the driver admit why she went off the road in the first place?

Strider
August 24th, 2009, 05:37 PM
It amazes me how they can (I understand because they have to) state all that so non-chalantly you know? This is someone's life!

The diagram, though informative, is graphic when you know the person they are dealing with.

I second that, I got chills looking at it...
She's not a statistic , she's our friend!

Sailariel
August 24th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Becky, That`s some Heavy stuff. I have to say that I am surprised (and pleased) that you are dealing with this trauma as early as you are. Do pace yourself. I used to deal with trauma victims professionally for 25 years. Reading between the lines in your threads, presents an exceptionally optimistic picture. There is no question in my mind that you will come through this stronger than you ever were in the past. Pace yourself and you will be fine. Prayers are still coming your way. Sent you a PM, Alex

Custom Seat Creations
August 24th, 2009, 08:40 PM

Definately scarry stuff!

Custom Seat Creations
August 24th, 2009, 08:42 PM
My God Becky, that just gives me chills. Are you ok after seeing it? *hugs*

It hit me hard to see me as the stick figure. Shaken, but still here. Thank you. It really helps to talk about all of this.

Custom Seat Creations
August 24th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Damn. Did the driver admit why she went off the road in the first place?

No idea. It isn't anywhere in the report. I'm just glad no one died. On page 1 of the report there's a space for that. We're all so darned lucky. There were also 2 other people in the car with her. They could have been thrown from the car and rolled over. There's so many what ifs running through my head. 5 people survived that day.

Custom Seat Creations
August 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I second that, I got chills looking at it...
She's not a statistic , she's our friend!

Thanks Alan! We all could have easily been just a statistic. I just take one day at a time, the best I know how.

Imthebriman
August 24th, 2009, 09:03 PM
You are in my prayers becky. Stay optimistic and you will pull through everything!:hug:

DarkNinja52
August 24th, 2009, 09:10 PM
wow. Glad you're doing well though. not much is really running through my head after reading that except for "wow". I can't even imagine how you feel after reading that.

Momaru
August 24th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Just finally got caught up with all that's been posted here and all I can say is 'wow.' Very glad to have you still here and I think we're all encouraged by your strength. Keep up the good work healing and +1 to all the well-wishes already here.

Verus Cidere
August 25th, 2009, 01:34 AM
.....'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright!

:crash:
:crutch:
:couch2:
:music:
:typing:
:cbrsmiley:
:whoo:
:dancecool:
:first:

Getting through this one step at a time! You're a winner in my book! :happy80:
:hug:

Tigress
August 25th, 2009, 04:32 AM
God is good all the time. And all the time God is good. You are truly blessed Becky.

BlueTyke
August 25th, 2009, 06:26 AM
.....'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright!

:crash:
:crutch:
:couch2:
:music:
:typing:
:cbrsmiley:
:whoo:
:dancecool:
:first:

Getting through this one step at a time! You're a winner in my book! :happy80:
:hug:

:D I like this :thumbup:

Custom Seat Creations
August 25th, 2009, 10:17 AM
I love all these replies and the support. You all are absolutely amazing!!!

:thumbup:

OldGuy
August 26th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Just returned home from my foot surgery on Wed. Hurts like the dickens, but perhaps i can now just heal. My couch never felt so good. You guys are the best! Thank you all so much for being there for my husband Mike and I.

Turns out I needed a bone graft in my foot as well. Didn't even dawn on me that it wouldn't be my own bone material used. I freaked out when the nurse handed me a card to send to my donor's family to thank them. I don't know how to handle that at all. Way too soon.

Everyone's support has ben so amazing to me. It helps me get through this challenging time. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Take care,
Becky

Becky - job has kept me off the forum for too long but wanted you to know what tremendous spirit and power comes through in your posts.

You will come back from this and will be a stronger person for it. As a cancer survivor (and I know there are others on the forum) I can tell you that you are going about this the right way - with a positive attitude and not trying to minimize or deny what did happen, or what could have happened, but focusing on the hear and now.

Follow the doctors orders, set a goal for everyday, and move forward. You will be back with us. Maybe Colorado Springs needs to be a destination spot for the midwest next year :D.

Verus Cidere
August 26th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Maybe Colorado Springs needs to be a destination spot for the midwest next year :D.

I hear Spring in Colorado is very nice! :thumbup: I vote ninjette.org rally for Becky!!!! :D

Custom Seat Creations
August 27th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Becky - job has kept me off the forum for too long but wanted you to know what tremendous spirit and power comes through in your posts.

You will come back from this and will be a stronger person for it. As a cancer survivor (and I know there are others on the forum) I can tell you that you are going about this the right way - with a positive attitude and not trying to minimize or deny what did happen, or what could have happened, but focusing on the hear and now.

Follow the doctors orders, set a goal for everyday, and move forward. You will be back with us. Maybe Colorado Springs needs to be a destination spot for the midwest next year :D.

Don,

I wholeheartedly believe I'll be back stronger than ever. I'm already trying to decide what color 250 I want for next Spring.

I'm going to talk it over with my husband Mike, but I'd really like to have a get together, rally, party, or some reason to just have a good time at our house for everyone. Might have to turn it into a block party so all the neighbors don't mind. :D I'm always up for a Bar-B-Q!

I might very specifically start a new thread for this one!

Tigress
August 27th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Did I hear Bar-B-Q? :D

BlueTyke
August 27th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Did I hear party??? Oro???

noche_caliente
August 27th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Becky - how are you feeling today? I've not been in a place where I can call the past week because I'm staying at school crazy late working on getting a lab together for my kids. Things healing up ok? Any recent doc or pt visits?
Thinking of you! ~K

Custom Seat Creations
August 29th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Kim,

I've been pretty sick. Had to get some nausea med prescribed. I'm able to keep some food down now.

noche_caliente
August 29th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I'm so sorry. The kid and I had a tummy bug yesterday, and that was only 1 day of it - I hate you're to the point of needing meds. I know you're probably already sick of the BRAT diet to try and keep food down!

Sailariel
August 29th, 2009, 02:29 PM
Becky, Those pain meds play the devil with the stomach. My doctor recommended yogurt and yogurt ice cream. Seemed to help--I was on Demerol, Percocet, and later Codeine. Suffice it to say, I was stoned.

Custom Seat Creations
August 29th, 2009, 11:50 PM
I'm so sorry. The kid and I had a tummy bug yesterday, and that was only 1 day of it - I hate you're to the point of needing meds. I know you're probably already sick of the BRAT diet to try and keep food down!

I just need to get better so I don't need these meds. I wish I was to the point of Aleve or something else. The nausea med helped miraculously.

Custom Seat Creations
August 29th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Becky, Those pain meds play the devil with the stomach. My doctor recommended yogurt and yogurt ice cream. Seemed to help--I was on Demerol, Percocet, and later Codeine. Suffice it to say, I was stoned.

They sure do. I'll have to try the yogurt. I just started taking just Percocet instead of all the other heavy narcotics as well. I'm trying to see if I can slowly wean myself off of even that. It's only been two weeks since the last surgery so I sure as heck don't want to be in a screaming match because of the pain. Gotta think though. Doc wanted me on Vicodin, but the room was spinning on just one dose. So that's a no go for sure.

zartan
August 30th, 2009, 12:22 AM
I did tons of drugs when I was high school / collage age. terribly stupid. Did I say stupid.

But now I announce if I have to take even a nYqul for a cold. Just in case I have a bad reaction. How we grow up!!!

I hate pain meds Becky. So sorry it is the lesser of the evil for you. Hopefully in a weeks time you will be much better..

noche_caliente
August 30th, 2009, 07:17 AM
the vicodin is supposed to be more mild than the percocet is, so I would hope it would cause less reactions...
Next time we chat I'll tell you all about what happened when I was taking 2 percocet every 4 hours for my shattered knee... now I stick to ibuprofen - 800 mg every 8 hours seems to work pretty well for me, but things can still hurt quite a bit with it - not very nice on the tummy though

Strider
September 1st, 2009, 02:44 PM
They sure do. I'll have to try the yogurt. I just started taking just Percocet instead of all the other heavy narcotics as well. I'm trying to see if I can slowly wean myself off of even that. It's only been two weeks since the last surgery so I sure as heck don't want to be in a screaming match because of the pain. Gotta think though. Doc wanted me on Vicodin, but the room was spinning on just one dose. So that's a no go for sure.

They gave me Vicodin when I went down, but it made me sick as a dog...changed to Darvacet and all was well, except that it didn't do as good a job on the pain. They told me not to take ibuprofen because it slows the bone from healing.
Sorry to hear your feeling ill, I hope they can help you out with something that won't make you sick.
We're still keeping you in our thoughts every day!

We're going Green in 2010 .. right?

Custom Seat Creations
September 1st, 2009, 10:45 PM
We're going Green in 2010 .. right?

2010 for sure, but NO WAY on the green! Gotta be something else for me. Maybe I'll get one painted gold. Who knows. :D:D:D

Verus Cidere
September 1st, 2009, 11:42 PM
I've always wondered if you can special order a Ninjette in candy lime green, the color Kawi used on one of the ZX-14's. AMAZING COLOR! :D

zartan
September 2nd, 2009, 11:31 PM
alittle fun with photobucket. I like this Becky!!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q126/zartan1/bobsbike-1-1.jpg

Custom Seat Creations
September 3rd, 2009, 08:12 AM
alittle fun with photobucket. I like this Becky!!

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q126/zartan1/bobsbike-1-1.jpg

Sweet!

Had to borrow my husband's laptop to check e-mail and the boards.

My laptop took a crap......arghhh...blue screen of death and now windows decides it doesn't even want to load. To heck with it. I'm getting a new one. I've been hitching along on my last one for 6 years. I need a blu-ray player anyways. :) Gottta love Dell credit.

noche_caliente
September 3rd, 2009, 02:46 PM
When it rains it pours I guess, but at least you've got a good excuse to upgrade to something that will let you watch the best movies! :)

Strider
September 3rd, 2009, 04:03 PM
No Green huh? Oh well ...
that purple looks sweet too :)

Custom Seat Creations
September 5th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Yesterday was the first time I got to see all the x-rays that have been taken. Lots of breaks and hardware installed.

THE BEST IMAGE SO FAR. I ALWAYS HAVE A PROTECTOR AND HEATED BLANKET: :thumbup:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/IMG_2717.jpg

Alex
September 5th, 2009, 06:18 AM
:eek: That's some serious hardware, Becky! Glad you've got a warm furry friend helping to keep your spirits up...

Verus Cidere
September 5th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I gotta say, they really had to do some work on your foot! :eek: Feel better!

Strider
September 5th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Oh Becky! It made me squirm in my chair to see those pics!
Take care of yourself and rest up!
Glad you have a cute kitty to keep you company :)

Sailariel
September 5th, 2009, 03:32 PM

Becky, Vicodin is super strong stuff. Do be careful with Aleve (Naproxen Sodium) Always do that stuff with milk or yogurt or ice cream. Looked over the accident report you posted---You had a S--T Hot first responder! Did a few broken femurs in Nam. That`s a damn big bone. You are going to get through this. Looking forward to a hell of a party in Colorado Springs---Wall to wall Ninjettes--The Harley crowd will go Bozo.

Sailariel
September 5th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Becky, Thanks for posting those X-Rays. Your Orthopedic Surgeon is definitely a keeper. That is some exquisite work. You may be hurting now, but in the very near future there won`t be any pain--you will just be able to tell when it is going to rain when your leg feels wierd. Don`t ask how I know. Actually, you will be more accurate than your weather man.

Custom Seat Creations
September 5th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Alex,

I had two wonderful surgeons. Both crackerjack in my opinion! I'm looking forward to the "Glad I'm alive" party next spring or summer. I'll have to start a separate thread for sure on that subject.

Thanks for the encouragement. The pain is most definitely less than what I was feeling six weeks ago. I have to work on the strength part now. Baby steps for sure.

Sailariel
September 5th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Definitely work with your PT person. I can`t say enough about your surgeon--the guy is aces. I have a fairly good medical background. When I came back from Nam in 70, they had so many Combat Medics--so they sent us to school and we became PA`s. Worked in the ER for quite a few years and quit when we started getting the gunshot wounds and stabbings in--changed careers. Also moved to Maine--less crime. That X-ray of the Femur looks really decent. The ankle looks great! That`s some real cutting edge stuff your doc is doing. I can rest easy--still will keep the prayers coming--but you are in really good hands. That surgeon is awesome. I like your cat--we have three Maine Coon Cats.

Custom Seat Creations
September 5th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I have to do the PT at home. Can't afford the doctor's visits and have no way to get to therapy sessions. They've prescribed a regiment at home which I'm sticking to faithfully. Have to. I need to get back up and running. Can't just sit on a couch forever. Thanks for the prayers.

noche_caliente
September 6th, 2009, 06:16 PM
My goodness Becky! That's nuts. I hurt just looking at those, but the guys are right, you're going to be a walking weather woman! And I don't know about you, but my kitties just make everything better when they sit with me and start the purr factory :)

lockie
September 7th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Good to see you're on the road to recovery, physically and emotionally. Those x rays are amazing. It's a wonder what they can do theses days. Hope it all works out as soon as possible.

Take Care

Custom Seat Creations
September 7th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Good to see you're on the road to recovery, physically and emotionally. Those x rays are amazing. It's a wonder what they can do theses days. Hope it all works out as soon as possible.

Take Care

Thanks Don. I'm amazed every day that they put me back together so well. I'll keep the positive spirits up and work on the physical therapy. I dream of riding soon again. I think another six weeks in casts and then I'll be free. Wohoo!

empire00
September 8th, 2009, 12:07 AM
i broke my wrist and messed up all the tendons and ligaments in my ankle bad last fall. i hit a deer on my first ninjette. it was 6 days after it was off the truck. to make maters worse i am basicly imposible to medicate most pain meds do next to nothing for me. just recently i broke my collar bone when i cased a landing on a 35ft uphill double on my mx bike. luckly i have a high tolllarance for pain.

something that i always try to remeber. pain is temporary and like anything else it passes better if you get your mind off it and have some fun.

also just to be sure you know there is some personal info on the xrays.

camaroz1985
September 8th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Wow that is a lot of hardware. Hope you feel better soon. Just be glad you got everything fixed right. Keep your spirits up (like you seem to be doing), and I'm sure you will make a full recovery.

Isn't it amazing how your cat knows just when you need them the most :D

athimmel
September 8th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Oh man. Looking at those x-rays reminded me why I could never have gone into the medical field. I got urpy just looking at them! Hope you're doing better, and best wishes on a speedy recovery.

Momaru
September 8th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Goodness Becky! Like Noche, just looking at those pictures makes me ache. Glad you've got a fuzzy buddy to keep you company though. Keep up the good spirits, you're half way there!

Custom Seat Creations
September 9th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Yet another update....the insurance company won't pay the entire amount owed on the bike...yippy. Yet another chat with the lawyer to see how to progress....sigh...

kkim
September 9th, 2009, 10:09 AM
your insurance company should be going after the other party to cover the difference.

Here's to a speedy recovery, Becky. You are indeed lucky to be alive. Greet every day forward with your new found perspective and perhaps it might help manage the pain you must endure during the healing process.... the cat must really help, too. :kittynap:

noche_caliente
September 9th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Becky, I know that I remember several folks on KF having that problem last year, but in the end they were able to sort it out - I'll see if I can find some of the threads for you a little later

http://www.kawiforums.com/1332257-post28.html

and here's the really good one:
http://www.kawiforums.com/two-wheeled-discussion/114602-insurance-payout-after-crash-repairs.html#post1276794
and a follow-up on it: http://www.kawiforums.com/two-wheeled-discussion/114602-insurance-payout-after-crash-repairs-2.html#post1284503

Sailariel
September 10th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Yet another update....the insurance company won't pay the entire amount owed on the bike...yippy. Yet another chat with the lawyer to see how to progress....sigh...

Becky, I wouldn`t worry about that much--detracts from the healing process. Those things eventually shake out. There will be suits, counter suits, and all sorts of crap. Let the insurance folks and their lawyers handle that--They get the big bucks. Concentrate on healing---cultivate Endorphins. A little chocolate every day helps. I may sound crazy--but I had a superfine practice before I retired.

Strider
September 13th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Becky, I wouldn`t worry about that much--detracts from the healing process. Those things eventually shake out. There will be suits, counter suits, and all sorts of crap. Let the insurance folks and their lawyers handle that--They get the big bucks. Concentrate on healing---cultivate Endorphins. A little chocolate every day helps. I may sound crazy--but I had a superfine practice before I retired.

:whathesaid:
You rest and heal! Let the lawyer handle the details :)

Custom Seat Creations
September 16th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Lawyers are only handling the personal injury stuff. I have to deal with the bike stuff. I finally requested a manager deal with my concerns and they're getting the ball rolling again.

Sailariel
September 17th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Becky, Looks like you have the situation well under control. Pretend you are a general contracter and simply assign tasks to the lawyers and various other players. Let them get stressed--that`s why they get the big bucks. Most important question. How are YOU doing?

Custom Seat Creations
September 21st, 2009, 08:59 AM
How are YOU doing?

Each day brings new challenges. I can't wait until the cast on my foot comes off. I have surgery on Oct. 1st to get the hardware off the foot and then back into another cast for 4...more...weeks....gadzooks.

Hopefully by the end of October I'll be cast free and just using crutches to get around. I'm sure physical therapy will be fantastic.....yikes...

zartan
September 21st, 2009, 10:50 AM
Keep up the good work. Watch a lot of gilligan and golden girls, it will put you in a stupor and time will fly.

noche_caliente
September 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM
You're getting there sweetie! And just think, at least most of the protruding and irritating hardware will be gone soon - a week and a half! Will you have to stay overnight for that one, or will it be outpatient?
*hugs* Call me anytime you need to vent!

Custom Seat Creations
September 21st, 2009, 06:53 PM
You're getting there sweetie! And just think, at least most of the protruding and irritating hardware will be gone soon - a week and a half! Will you have to stay overnight for that one, or will it be outpatient?
*hugs* Call me anytime you need to vent!

Outpatient on this one. I asked to not be put out. The last surgery was really hard on me and I had problems with the anesthesia. The whole thing is supposed to take 45 minutes. I hope it's my last. One more cast to go.

Thanks for the phone call and message. It's really nice that take the time. Some of my so called friends have really let me down. I guess some people just deal with things differently.

I just gotta shake those bad vibes off and let the gloomies go away. Staying positive for sure!!! :):):)

I had a very pleasant surprise in the mail today. An anonamous donor sent a very helpful gift today and I just want to say my most "heartfelt thanks" here on the board. It really helped a lot. Included with the gift was a smiley face with band-aids all over it. Absolutely brilliant. Really make me laugh! :thumbup:

It brought tears to my eyes. People around the world have come to help me during this time and I'm so grateful. I've received an outpouring of support from many people and I would just like to say:

"Thank you all very much!"

I've absolutely loved receiving cards from around the world. It's simply fantastic.

Warmest regards,
Becky

Strider
September 22nd, 2009, 04:55 PM
Keep healing Becky :thumbup:
and remember, when you get those bad vibes ... we're here for you :)

zartan
September 29th, 2009, 11:22 AM
2 more days for Hardware removal!!! Are you ready captian???

Custom Seat Creations
September 29th, 2009, 12:10 PM
2 more days for Hardware removal!!! Are you ready captian???

Oh yes, ever so much!

I've been so bored I resorted to vandalizing the cast. Can't wait for the new one. :rolleyes:

What color should I get if I get a choice?

Verus Cidere
September 29th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I had a green cast when I broke my arm at 5 years old. I liked it. It's a little lighter than Kawi green, and very eye-catching. :D

kkim
September 29th, 2009, 12:19 PM
I had a green cast when I broke my arm at 5 years old. I liked it. It's a little lighter than Kawi green, and very eye-catching. :D

...plus it helps you to heal faster. It's true!!! :D

Verus Cidere
September 29th, 2009, 02:14 PM
How did I know Kelly? :p

Custom Seat Creations
September 29th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Anything but green...yucky...wonder if they have one in racing red? Hmmm......

kkim
September 29th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Anything but green...yucky...wonder if they have one in racing red? Hmmm......

you must be getting better if you're getting so picky... either that or delirious not knowing green as the master cure all. :p

Alex
September 29th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I've had bright orange ones, bright blue ones, and boring white ones. None of them appeared particularly fast, so maybe green is the way to go in this case. :)

Jerry
September 29th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Go with Racing Red, for sure...even if they only have pink, go for it... even pink is faster than green

g21-30
September 29th, 2009, 03:04 PM
I wish everyone would quit feeding the animals! :hand:

Verus Cidere
September 29th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Sorry guys. I should have figured that someone would go color crazy with that. :rolleyes:

kkim
September 29th, 2009, 05:18 PM
yes... DON'T FEED THE BEARS!!!! :lol:

http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/attachments/other-military-firearms/5439d1173212894-hunt-carceno-6-5-rifle-231105rxaw_w.jpg

Verus Cidere
September 29th, 2009, 06:24 PM
See how the white one is totally dominating the green one? It's a sign! ;)

zartan
September 29th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Ha! the green one is letting the white one pick bugs off. go green go strong!!!!!

Verus Cidere
September 29th, 2009, 08:18 PM
How is getting someone else to do your work for you strong? Just asking....

zartan
September 29th, 2009, 08:21 PM
he beat the white bear up on the track go green!! he was stronger, the white one lost the race and the pink slip and the bet. then had to eat bugs... just answering

Verus Cidere
September 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Very nice. I'll have to say that final retort was good. I'm fairly certain bears don't race though; they fight. And besides, if that green one actually existed, it'd die for sure. Poachers would see it easy because it would stick out like a sore thumb in the arctic. It's defective!!! :p

BlueTyke
September 30th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Becky!!

How you doin!? Sorry I've not been around to cheer you on! I am glad to hear that procedures are proceeding though! Keep your chin up! (that way you can see where your going) :D

Greg_E
September 30th, 2009, 07:23 AM
You can always paint the cast! I would vote for a nice bold red, or maybe black with flames.

Custom Seat Creations
September 30th, 2009, 09:07 AM
You guys are great. Whatever color I get, I'm sure I'll get to scribble all over it. Here's my current one:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/1-2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/2-1.jpg

coolbreeze
September 30th, 2009, 09:25 AM
you vandalized your own cast????

Awesome! I especially like the smiley face and motorcycle in the second pic.

Momaru
September 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM
That's an awesome cast! I'd ask if you've considered saving it once you upgrade to the 'hardware-free version', but I'm such a packrat it simetimes skews my judgement.

Glad to see you're steaming along!

Verus Cidere
September 30th, 2009, 04:39 PM
So who was playing tic-tac-toe and who happened to win with the "o"? :D

Sailariel
September 30th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Becky, Sounds like things are on the upswing. You are a survivor and you will get through this. Love the graphics on your blue cast. Hang in there. We are all still sending prayers--if things get dicey, let me know--I`ll do a novena (that`s calling in the heavy artillery) You have great spirit. Love Ya, Alex

noche_caliente
September 30th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Hey sweetie! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! Please update us when you can as to how it goes! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for a soft-cast for you so you can get that long tub-soak ;)

Tigress
October 1st, 2009, 06:42 AM
Becky,

You are being so strong and it is such an inspiration. Keep fighting girl!! I'll continue my prayers for you.

Custom Seat Creations
October 1st, 2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks everyone! Surgery is at 1:15 M.S.T today. I have to check in two hours early. We're heading out in about an hour.

Chat with you guys soon!

I started for the first time yesterday using crutches. What an experience. We had a great outing. I was zooming around Walmart in the wheelchair and we picked up a set of crutches in the afternoon. I slept really decent after exhausting myself hobbling around on the crutches. I'm able to get out of the house by myself now at least. Wohoo! One step closer to getting back on a ninja again.

I'll keep dreaming about picking up a new one soon. The insurance company paid off my last one so that gives me lots of dollars on my card for a new one now. Oh yeah!

I'll chat with you guys later if I'm up to it. If not, I'll post tomorrow when I wake up.

noche_caliente
October 1st, 2009, 04:21 PM
I hope all is well this afternoon! I'm thinking of you sweetie!

Syphen
October 1st, 2009, 06:32 PM
CBR FOR THE WIN! Nice cast Becky! :D

Custom Seat Creations
October 1st, 2009, 07:00 PM
Surgery went great. They gave me a nerve block and didn't feel a thing. I'm home and getting ready to sleep. I got away with a wrap and a walking cast. No weight bearing yet, but soon enough. Oh yeah. Thanks everyone.

Emily, I received your wonderful oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today! Fantastic.

Thanks so much. I'm going to crash. Chat with you guys tomorrow.

noche_caliente
October 1st, 2009, 07:08 PM
Yay!!!!! I'm so glad to hear about the wrap and walking cast! You'll get that long soak in no time! :hug: It's good to hear that you're home now and doing great after your surgery :)

zartan
October 1st, 2009, 07:50 PM
Hi glad it went well and they did not put you under. that is the worst. ugh
Sounds like good news and you are progressing further down the road to recovery. zoom zoom!

BlueTyke
October 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM
Yay Becky!!! Rest up!

Custom Seat Creations
October 2nd, 2009, 04:41 AM
Yay!!!!! I'm so glad to hear about the wrap and walking cast! You'll get that long soak in no time! :hug: It's good to hear that you're home now and doing great after your surgery :)

Thanks Kim. I'm totally awake and it's 5:30 a.m. Wow. I slept really well until the pain from yesterday woke me up. Time for percocet for sure and some food. I had to starve for the surgery yesterday.

Feeling better already and the walking cast is much lighter. My knee is ever so thankful.

I just got the first set of Star Trek: Voyager in the mail to keep me entertained. That and pizza goldfish crackers and Emily's cookies will help me rest and recover nicely. :D

camaroz1985
October 2nd, 2009, 05:51 AM
Glad to hear things are going so well for you. I'm sure just having the old cast off is a psychological boost. Keep up the healing!

zartan
October 9th, 2009, 12:08 AM
update??? how are you feeling?

CZroe
October 9th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Thanks Kim. I'm totally awake and it's 5:30 a.m. Wow. I slept really well until the pain from yesterday woke me up. Time for percocet for sure and some food. I had to starve for the surgery yesterday.

Feeling better already and the walking cast is much lighter. My knee is ever so thankful.

I just got the first set of Star Trek: Voyager in the mail to keep me entertained. That and pizza goldfish crackers and Emily's cookies will help me rest and recover nicely. :D

I missed the last season and some of the previous and I always wanted to go back, start over, and finish ST:V. I shouldn't say it considering your condition but I envy you. :) Enjoy!

You guys are great. Whatever color I get, I'm sure I'll get to scribble all over it. Here's my current one:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/1-2.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/2-1.jpg

It looks like the Os won twice, "nintett.org" exists, and a dog has been tracking all over it. ;)

Custom Seat Creations
October 9th, 2009, 09:53 AM
update??? how are you feeling?

Ughhh...that's how I'm feeling. Every day is a struggle. I just have to keep it in perspective. 60 days ago I almost died and my body was splintered in many different pieces. The fact that I'm able to recover anything at all is absolutely amazing and a testament to the skill of my surgeons. I weep at the miracle I survived.

I'm eager to start walking, but I know I'll fall many times and the challenge I will face still lies ahead. I'm still in non-weight bearing status. On Tuesday I go and see my foot surgeon doc. Maybe he'll give me a green light to start therapy and put some weight on my left leg. My foot still throbs daily and turns dark red when I leave it down for too long. I'm cutting myself back on the Percocet and alternating with Motrin. I also ice my foot when I'm sitting and it's elevated. I need to reduce the swelling. That is what's causing the most pain.

Having your entire foot and leg peel is just gross. The skin underneath is baby soft though and very tender. Gotta be careful with that.

All in all I just want to be healed. One day at a time though. Thank you for asking.

We got a used automatic car that I can start driving with. I managed to get into the car with the aid of crutches. Just being able to leave the house by myself was exhilarating. I took the car only about 5 miles, but I just wanted to cry it felt so good to be able to do that.

Each day is better than before and I'm thankful to be able to experience it.

coolbreeze
October 9th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Ughhh...that's how I'm feeling. Every day is a struggle. I just have to keep it in perspective. 60 days ago I almost died and my body was splintered in many different pieces. The fact that I'm able to recover anything at all is absolutely amazing and a testament to the skill of my surgeons. I weep at the miracle I survived.

that's the attitude! know that your future bright, even if it will take a lot to see the light. i think the pain is the hardest thing to deal with, followed closely by having to depend on others.

OldGuy
October 9th, 2009, 10:25 AM
Becky you are so brave and so strong. You positive attitude is so inspiring. Keep up the good work.

Have you started to think about some crampons for your casts or spikes in the bottom of your crutches for winter :rolleyes:

Custom Seat Creations
October 9th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Yes, depending on others is hard to deal with. My husband has been a bright light during all this as well as one other friend. No one else has bothered to help or even come see me since I got out of the hospital.

They constantly bug my husband about how I'm doing but don't even bother to call me to acutally see how I am. Rather sad. They get what they need, but what does that give me? Nothing honestly.

I guess people just can't handle the situation. Makes me sad and I feel like they've abandoned me. I gotta get past that feeling and just move on.