View Full Version : Bikermokey integrated taillight review requested

randomwalk101
July 25th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Hey guys, whoever bought the BM integrated taillight, will you mind giving us a review on the product?
Things like brightness of the light comparing to stock, quality built, visibility, fitment issues, etc...

thanks. :thumbup:

Ken
July 25th, 2009, 10:53 AM
I have the taillight. It is much brighter than the stock tail light. I used to have a tower LED bulb in there as well which made it brighter than the regular bulb, and the integrated tail light is so much brighter than either case. It is especially intense at night, which I love because I ride alot during night time and I know it gets peoples' attention.

I did not bother wiring up the turn signals. The fitment and quality is spot-on with the OEM. Only time will tell if the clear plastic will start fading/yellowing like those cheesy "Altezza" tail lights people buy from Pepboys for their cars. Otherwise its definitely one of the best if not the best purchase I've made for my bike (for safety's sake).

randomwalk101
July 25th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the review. How much did you pay for it?

AnarchoMoltov
July 25th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Is your taillight completely sealed?? I noticed condensation collecting inside the lens when it rained or the bike was washed...I dont have it any more, but I wonder if thats normal...shouldnt it be air tight????

ztrack157
July 25th, 2009, 12:36 PM
^all tail lights and headlights are not air tight due to the fitment of bulbs so I doubt these would be airtight. minimizing moisture is generally the goal fo most light manufacturers. But moisture in there when is it cold as opposed to when its hot is what makes them go opaque and hazy. If you have moisture in there you need to let it dry out all the way and run some siliconearound the seams and openings it will insure you don't have further issues.

M-Oorb
July 25th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Just installed my smoke light. Much brighter than the stocker. Also hooked up the turn signals and those are also brighter than stock. After the install I had my parents look at the light and turned the blinker on and ask them which way I was making just to see if it was clear enough. They said it was somewhat confusing but guessed right. Take that as you will...

Has anyone else had this water issue? If it is a running problem I may just seal it before it happens.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ken
July 25th, 2009, 10:48 PM
Are your condensation problems in the center of the lens or is it just around the perimeter of the light?

AnarchoMoltov
July 25th, 2009, 11:13 PM
I think I know where it was coming in at...If you look at your taillight it has a lip on the top, that has a space under it...I sealed that space with clear caulk, And noticed some of the caulk squeezed its way into the lens...so I didnt push any more in, because I didnt want a blob of caulk on the inside of my taillight..But it definitely is not air tight...I dont have the bike anymore, but you guys will be able to fill others in on how these hold up over time..

AnarchoMoltov
July 25th, 2009, 11:16 PM
And after I got caught in a monsoon type rain one day, I was drying the bike off in the garage and the inside of the taillight had lots of condensation on the inside...But it does dry out...Dont know if that will be good for it over time though..

sugizo_esp
July 26th, 2009, 01:45 AM
got one of these tinted unit too
and they are quick and bright. which is good for safety.

However i didn't wire up the turn signals. It seems abit confusing for those blindass drivers.