View Full Version : Pictures of my updated 08...enjoy

M-Oorb
July 27th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Well I've done a lot more mods to the bike since I last post pictures so here we go...

Mods done to the bike so far:

Polished Wheel Lips
ZG dark smoke double bubble
15 T front sprocket
Snorkel removal
Shimmed needles (2 washers each)
Custom Seat Creation front seat cover
15 in carbon fiber Area P with 2 piece flat tip
Kleen System Removed
Permanent Carb Sync vac. Tees
Solo Seat Cowling
Zartan exhaust hanger
Zartan rear brake reservoir cover (:rolleyes:)
Bike Monkey Smoked Integrated Tail Light
Competition Werks Fender Eliminator
No Cut rear brake modulator
Shell Rotella synthetic oil
K&N drop in air filter

In the Mail:
FP needles with washers and E-clip ( Thanks NorCal_Ninjette)
Gold Ninja decals(to replace stock), Gold kawasaki logo(to go on windscreen) black and gold 250R logos( Thanks kevins_garage)

Currently reading:
Twist of the Wrist 2 (Thanks Kkim)

In the future:
Powder coat gold/bronze various parts
Thicker front fork oil
Sport Demon Tires
SS Galfer Brake Lines
Vinyl job(Subtle and tasteful)

I keep telling myself I'm done. But I enjoy tinkering with this bike too much and making it my own :) Hope you enjoy!:thumbup:

Snake
July 27th, 2009, 01:26 PM
The polished rims look great. Good job.

noche_caliente
July 27th, 2009, 01:31 PM
looks good!

M-Oorb
July 27th, 2009, 07:10 PM
The polished rims look great. Good job.

Haha thats because they were just polished. They were a pain to do and keeping the rear rim clean is quite difficult because of the chain wax...but when it is clean I think it looks shiny and I like shiny things :thumbup:

miks
July 28th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Bike looks great mate, IMO removing the reflector on the front hugger would make it look better!

What tyres are those on the back? They look wider/fatter to me ...

zartan
July 28th, 2009, 12:38 AM
Matt, Your bike is looking really nice! I am leaning a bit toward polished now also.

if you want to remove the front fender reflectors ( check your laws)
you can unscrew the hex bolt holder things ( technical term)
and if you order more of those button hex bolts like the ones we talked about on the phone. They will fit there also filling those holes. does that make sense? But if you ride at night, you might want the reflectors.

miks
July 28th, 2009, 12:41 AM
I've read that you can replace the front hugger bolts with more attactive ones which are located under the seat.

Those two bikes have the same headlights :D, and Z your bike looks soooo small compared to the other one.

M-Oorb
July 28th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Mike...same stock tire...it might be due to my camera lens that it looks wider...it was a super wide lens that does tend to have the fish bowl effect when zoomed all the way out.

Yea Zartan after our little phone conversation I went online to buy 2 more of the bolts, just in case I lost the 2nd one and I was already paying for shipping. What hit me 2 days after I put the order was that I had two more of those same bolts on the other side of my bike for when I removed my passenger pegs and I just put the bolts back in haha. So now I have the extra set and I was thinking about taking off the reflectors cause it does look better...but there are times when I drive at night, so we'll see.

And thanks for all the positive comments guys :thumbup: We sure do own a nice looking (oh yea and fun riding) bike :D