View Full Version : scammer

tinng321
July 31st, 2009, 06:12 AM
I was browsing thru craigslist and saw an R6 for $2000. I knew it has to be some sort of scam. I wanted to see what story I will be reading this time so I emailed the person.
These people need to get a ...... life.

Here are the emails:

Me:
"Do you still have the r6?
What year is it?

THanks,
Tin"

Husband:
"Makaay Ramirez to me
show details 9:14 PM (11 hours ago) Reply

Sorry it takes me so long to write you. The motorcycle is present in United State with my Wife. I am in the West Africa on a missionary conference programme. The dealer you wrote about these motorcycle forward your message to me because i am now the new owner of the motorcycle. But something came up to me after paying for the motorcycle. I had to travel out of the Country due to a missionary crusade programme in West Africa that just came up for me , that was why I am emailing you if you will be interested in buying the motorcycle It as been a very sad and bad moment for me, the present condition that I found myself is very hard for me to finish the sales with you. If you will be the right buyer of my motorcycle, My wife will hand over all the neccessary papers of the motorcycle to you. The motorcycle has clean title on it, is never down before, it has 16500 miles on it. Full Service History and has a perfect condition.

Alert my wife on her email: ( hotncoollady@yahoo.com ) so she can get in touch with you about having the motorcycle to you and all the neccessary papers as well. I only want serious BUYER to contact my wife Please!!!!!

Regards Ramirez."

Me:
"Wat yr is the bike?"

Reply:

HOTNCOOLLADY to me
show details 8:24 AM (42 minutes ago) Reply

"Thanks for the email. The bike belongs to my husband Ramirez. Let me know if you are okay with the asking price $2,000? It comes with 16500 miles, excellent condition, Full Service History, ABS, ESA, heated grips, sport wheels,alarm, clear indicator lenses, full set of RG crash bungs, new tyres at last service (last service 16200 miles).
My husband has decided to sell the bike out because he has been sent to West Africa on a missionary crusade programme. It was due to the fact that our tenancy period has ended that is the reason for our relocation from the State to State of Washington in our new house with my 2 children and moreso the bike is with me here in Washington State with the keys and documents. We are willing to sell the bike because i can't ride it and we don't want it damage. We seek for someone who can afford the price for the bike and take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the bike but want it to be handle well and use it very well as we use it. we try to look for someone who can hold the bike for us who is more closer to your location so that we can give him/her the document and keys of the bike and the bike itself before we left but could not see and we are as well as don't want our bike to be used anyhow in our absent that is why we took it along to us here..So get back to me on how you could take care of our bike or perhaps experience you have in using a bike.
So get back to me if you are really and seriously interested in buying our bike so that I can figure on how the motorcycle will be getting to you, also are you ready to buy it now or when?
Await your reply.
Thanks,Mrs Ramirez."

Spork
July 31st, 2009, 06:36 AM
I tried selling a couple things a while back and got a bunch of that bull crap too...

BlueTyke
July 31st, 2009, 07:17 AM
I think it is funny that they still haven't answered your original question! :D

DarkNinja52
July 31st, 2009, 08:54 AM
wow.. just wow some people should have their internet privileges revoked.

AnarchoMoltov
July 31st, 2009, 09:09 AM
I take it this was posted in the NJ craigslist...So if the bike is in Washington state, why the F*C% arent they posting it in washington craigslist...Are people really going on missionary crusades??? WTF!!!!!.....I had similar B.S. when I was trying to sell my PS3, and AP exhaust....One guy was out of town and wanted me to ship it to his kid in another country...I told him maybe he should look for PS3 in the town he was in, and he could ship it himself, He then offered me more money, payable by check lol..1 guy called about the AP exhaust and wanted me to take a check for it, said he would send someone to pick it up, I told him thats cool as long as we do it through pay pal, he was no longer intrested..People must be stupid enough to fall for the craigslist scams, cuz there seems to be lots of them..

tjkamper
July 31st, 2009, 09:19 AM
They should go into politics. They answered every possible questions exept the one you asked.

CC Cowboy
July 31st, 2009, 01:52 PM
I was browsing thru craigslist and saw an R6 for $2000. I knew it has to be some sort of scam. I wanted to see what story I will be reading this time so I emailed the person.
These people need to get a ...... life.

Here are the emails:

Me:
"Do you still have the r6?
What year is it?

THanks,
Tin"

Husband:
"Makaay Ramirez to me
show details 9:14 PM (11 hours ago) Reply

Sorry it takes me so long to write you. The motorcycle is present in United State with my Wife. I am in the West Africa on a missionary conference programme. The dealer you wrote about these motorcycle forward your message to me because i am now the new owner of the motorcycle. But something came up to me after paying for the motorcycle. I had to travel out of the Country due to a missionary crusade programme in West Africa that just came up for me , that was why I am emailing you if you will be interested in buying the motorcycle It as been a very sad and bad moment for me, the present condition that I found myself is very hard for me to finish the sales with you. If you will be the right buyer of my motorcycle, My wife will hand over all the neccessary papers of the motorcycle to you. The motorcycle has clean title on it, is never down before, it has 16500 miles on it. Full Service History and has a perfect condition.

Alert my wife on her email: ( hotncoollady@yahoo.com ) so she can get in touch with you about having the motorcycle to you and all the neccessary papers as well. I only want serious BUYER to contact my wife Please!!!!!

Regards Ramirez."

Me:
"Wat yr is the bike?"

Reply:

HOTNCOOLLADY to me
show details 8:24 AM (42 minutes ago) Reply

"Thanks for the email. The bike belongs to my husband Ramirez. Let me know if you are okay with the asking price $2,000? It comes with 16500 miles, excellent condition, Full Service History, ABS, ESA, heated grips, sport wheels,alarm, clear indicator lenses, full set of RG crash bungs, new tyres at last service (last service 16200 miles).
My husband has decided to sell the bike out because he has been sent to West Africa on a missionary crusade programme. It was due to the fact that our tenancy period has ended that is the reason for our relocation from the State to State of Washington in our new house with my 2 children and moreso the bike is with me here in Washington State with the keys and documents. We are willing to sell the bike because i can't ride it and we don't want it damage. We seek for someone who can afford the price for the bike and take very good care of it as we are not after the money for the bike but want it to be handle well and use it very well as we use it. we try to look for someone who can hold the bike for us who is more closer to your location so that we can give him/her the document and keys of the bike and the bike itself before we left but could not see and we are as well as don't want our bike to be used anyhow in our absent that is why we took it along to us here..So get back to me on how you could take care of our bike or perhaps experience you have in using a bike.
So get back to me if you are really and seriously interested in buying our bike so that I can figure on how the motorcycle will be getting to you, also are you ready to buy it now or when?
Await your reply.
Thanks,Mrs Ramirez."

This scam has been on Craigslist for years. Anytime someone is out of the country and the bike is with someone else (usually a storage or shipping company) it is a total scam. They want you to send the money to a company (which some investigation is outside the US) and they will send you the bike with free shipping. They usually add that you have x amount of days to inspect the bike and if you don't like it they will pay the shipping back to them.

Just alert Craigslist and they will take it off their site.

tinng321
August 3rd, 2009, 02:41 PM
I ususally play along and try to make them think I was stupid enough to fall for their scam before I allert craigslist.

BlueRaven
August 3rd, 2009, 06:51 PM
Last year there was one guy advertising his Ninja 250 on craiglist in Ottawa, ON CANADA but he said he was in florida and so was his bike with Ontario tags still on it. He wanted me to use an escrow service and i said i'd fly to florida and pick it up instead ...he bailed some fast.

zartan
August 3rd, 2009, 10:19 PM
Hey I am in WA !! Maybe they want to buy a house!! I have 10 beautiful listings to choose from. And with my current plight of having to move into a safehouse (due to witnessing some unmentionable deed,,) I really need to get these homes moved.
I can probably get the sellers to sell for about 97 dollars. If you forward the 97 dollars in 9, 10 dollar billits and 7 wons. i will transfer the deed to you directly. I will cost 49 dollars to ship the deed to you once they are stamped by our leaders in the house of big columns. Our deeds in WA state are engraved on a lead plate.
email me at yourbeautifulnewhome.ott.gov.am