View Full Version : Odd question

Spork
July 31st, 2009, 07:10 AM
What is the little nub that pokes down from the footpegs for?

I couldn't find a nice picture for these purposes but its that little thing poking down from the footpeg that has a rubber boot thing on it...
Sorry if its already been answered... i couldnt find anything on it when i searched around.

Alex
July 31st, 2009, 07:13 AM
It's just a feeler. It touches down first when the bike is leaned over a good amount, and gives the rider some indication that "ruh-roh, we're really over". At that point the pegs will start to fold up a bit, and the rider should be pretty careful at this point not to upset the bike any more, at least in street conditions. You can certainly unscrew those feelers to give a little bit more lean angle without the pegs folding up, but at that point there are other things that get close to dragging at the same time anyway.

Spork
July 31st, 2009, 07:17 AM
Wow Alex, thanks for the answer, and it didn't take you but 3 minutes...
That was quick

BlueTyke
July 31st, 2009, 07:18 AM
He just happened to be on :) Otherwise it would have been Kelly :D

Must be nice to be retired... Or waiting for the job to start (hehehe)

Spork
July 31st, 2009, 07:24 AM
So I guess I got another odd question... because i'm looking to buy my bike sometime soon, i need to save the money, and I was thinking about starting a donation thing like what a lot of people do using paypal and stuff to upkeep a website.
I guess my question is what are your thoughts on this idea?
Good idea? Greedy? Kinda rude? Anything?

Broom
July 31st, 2009, 07:35 AM
who and how are you planning to ask?

i'm not a big fan of that personally. i'd rather just figure out a way to do some extra work in some way or another to score some cash.

BlueTyke
July 31st, 2009, 07:36 AM
To pay for your bike?? O.o that seems to be a bit much... Though certainly ask for bucks for birthday/holiday if you so choose.

But if your speaking for the site... I believe it has been brought up before but I don't think anything got started.. Not from lack of motivation or anything just I believe Alex said, for now, it isn't needed...

Spork
July 31st, 2009, 07:38 AM
yeah i got my job situation set pretty nice and i can do some extra side things and birthday stuff i can throw on, I just had someone bring it up kinda joking-ly and i was like, oh hey, maybe... but i kinda thought it would be a bit much

tjkamper
July 31st, 2009, 09:13 AM
Just bum lunch money from your coworkers for the next two months and you cold make an extra $500 or more if you want a more discrete way to mooch.

AnarchoMoltov
July 31st, 2009, 09:19 AM
I just bought my new bike, and I need aftermarket parts for it...U think I should ask for donations, any takers, its for a good cause

Spork
July 31st, 2009, 10:00 AM
mine would be for a good cause.... My first bike :)

noche_caliente
July 31st, 2009, 05:47 PM
Kevin - you can always give them your email addy and ask them to paypal money to you ;)

Spork
August 1st, 2009, 02:20 PM
yeah i just dont know how well that would go... like is it rude? would anyone actually see it and be like... sure ill donate...

randomwalk101
August 1st, 2009, 03:06 PM
donate to you so you'll buy a toy? fvck no!

AnarchoMoltov
August 1st, 2009, 04:07 PM
anyone with half a brain would tell u 2 F&%K OFF!!!!

Spork
August 1st, 2009, 05:13 PM
ok thats what i thought

zartan
August 1st, 2009, 05:18 PM
well let me tell ya how that will work...

We have this jar at work we use for food bank events etc. well one day it was not in use and in the way so I put a sign to Donate to the Zartan fund

I got 1 dollar and a some pennies and a piece of hard candy. I hate hard candy :)
It was funny but not serious.