View Full Version : Dressing up your Stock Exhaust Pipe!

ScorpionNinja
August 2nd, 2009, 02:10 PM
Hi, i have an idea about jazzing up my stock exhaust pipe. Basically it involves Wrapping a Vinyl Carbon-Fiber (look) sheet around the stock chrome exhaust pipe, covering it close to what one of the members did to their blue 250R with engine heat paint (black). Then put a reflective Red lettering of my choice over that on the outside for added looks!

my question is... would the vinyl carbonfiber (looking) and reflective red vinyl... peel right off the first time the exhaust pipe gets up to its normal HOT temp? i would think yes. Im still waiting for a email reply from a vinyl manufacture to answer this very question that i asked them, but i felt id ask you guys in case 1 of ya used to or still works for a vinyl company. thanks!~

Ken08Ninja
August 2nd, 2009, 04:35 PM
The vinyl will not last the heat will melt it. You would be better off painting it.

dimeified
August 2nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
Painting the exhuast is one thing, but why would anyone want to mod their stock exhaust to look like aftermarket with carbon decals and reflective lettering? It's like placing "Type R" decals on mom's honda civic. Like i said in the other thread, your best bet is to leave the stock exhaust unmolested, stickers will not make you go faster... Dave, i hope this doesn't make me sound like a jerk, but theres no point in pretending your bike is something it isnt. Aftermarket exhausts, fender eliminators, integrated tail lights, and jetting is cool, but its not cool to pretend you've done these things to your bike when you havn't. I believe the term thrown around is "squid." Im more than happy putting around in my stock ninja as a complete newb, so i dont attract negative attention that i can't handle. Enjoy your bike for what it is and just ride it, and when you get the money, hook it up the right way, and make sure all your mods are reversible for the next guy that buys it off you. The stock looking ninja looks BAD ASS, i actually have women coming up to me in wallgreens or fridays or wherever i am to talk about it, thats proof enough for me.

ScorpionNinja
August 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM
my plan wasnt to make the stock pipe 'look' like a aftermarket one. ie: put a 2 Bros decal on or such. All the chrome on the stock pipe is getting alil too much for me to like anymore. I dont have the money to drop 400-800 bones for a slip-on or full exhaust. I just was looking to jazz it up for looks, and if someone asked me what exhaust that is, i wouldnt have a problem telling them its stock. anyhow, the company hasnt emailed me back yet, but i figured the vinyl would melt off. Just double checking! thanks

dimeified
August 3rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Someone is selling a stock exhaust in the classifieds. If i were you i would grab that and look into painting it black or something. That's my plan when i free up some cash.

adouglas
August 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Ferget it. Vinyl wasn't made for high heat, period.

Paint if if you must.

a10forwar
August 24th, 2009, 02:53 PM
No on the vinyl for sure. Paint is ok. Just get the high temp stuff. I painted my exhaust tip cap and lower heat shield black and it looks pretty f*&$%@# AWESOME.

noche_caliente
August 24th, 2009, 04:48 PM
No on the vinyl for sure. Paint is ok. Just get the high temp stuff. I painted my exhaust tip cap and lower heat shield black and it looks pretty f*&$%@# AWESOME.

:worthlesswithoutpic

CRXTrek
August 24th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Here's a Pic :D