View Full Version : Lazy Sunday Backroads Ride

Chamus57
August 2nd, 2009, 03:45 PM
Went on my mostly usual ride today. I did go down a few new roads. Was very nice. I stopped at the gas station close to my house on the way home to grab a drink and some smokes, Yeah Yeah i know i need to quit. As i pulled in i noticed a group of sportbikes. All of them were on 600's and i think a hayabusa. They all ignored me for the most part just a few of the "who the hell are you" looks. As i was standing in line i looked out at them and saw that none of them were wearing gear. They did all have helmets at least. I have seen these guys around in the past and would consider them squids. They do wheelies and such on heavy traffic roads. Anyway one of them came inside and talked to me much to my surprise. He asked what kind of bike i was on. Seems they all looked at it while i was getting my soda and thought it was a 600. When i told the guy it was a 250 he looked shocked. Maybe they had a bet going as to what it was. I walked out after our little chat and got on my bike, as i did one of them revved their engine and looked at me i guess to be cool. I rode off slow and steady and decided to make another round on the back roads. Was a nice day of riding, ended up going 80miles or so. Anyway i am kinda curious if anyone else has had people think our ninjette is a 600. Because i would think one look at the back tire would give it away.

Cedilla
August 2nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
Every single person that has asked me about it has thought it was a 500 or a 600. btw if you ever head north toward Huntsville shoot me a PM, Ive been exploring alot since I got my bike and there are lots of good roads around here as well.

bob706
August 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
I've had a couple of people think the ninjette was a 600 and one guy thought that it was a liter bike. You would think that the rear tire would give it away.

BlueTyke
August 2nd, 2009, 06:28 PM
No.. no one asks me if it's a 600..

:)

Sounds like it was a good day though!

BlueRaven
August 2nd, 2009, 06:33 PM
everyone i meet thought it was 600, but when i meet ppl they usually don't look at the back so the small tire isn't as noticeable to them.

tjkamper
September 1st, 2009, 03:49 PM
Lots of people think it is a 600, but those are usually the same people who guak at it when they realize that it's a 250.

But the people who really know bikes spot it as the 250 right away and they usually really respect the bike. They like tell stories of how much fun they had when the had a chance to ride one.

danknation
October 1st, 2009, 10:05 AM
Went on my mostly usual ride today. I did go down a few new roads. Was very nice. I stopped at the gas station close to my house on the way home to grab a drink and some smokes, Yeah Yeah i know i need to quit. As i pulled in i noticed a group of sportbikes. All of them were on 600's and i think a hayabusa. They all ignored me for the most part just a few of the "who the hell are you" looks. As i was standing in line i looked out at them and saw that none of them were wearing gear. They did all have helmets at least. I have seen these guys around in the past and would consider them squids. They do wheelies and such on heavy traffic roads. Anyway one of them came inside and talked to me much to my surprise. He asked what kind of bike i was on. Seems they all looked at it while i was getting my soda and thought it was a 600. When i told the guy it was a 250 he looked shocked. Maybe they had a bet going as to what it was. I walked out after our little chat and got on my bike, as i did one of them revved their engine and looked at me i guess to be cool. I rode off slow and steady and decided to make another round on the back roads. Was a nice day of riding, ended up going 80miles or so. Anyway i am kinda curious if anyone else has had people think our ninjette is a 600. Because i would think one look at the back tire would give it away.

I sware I met these same guys last weekend on my ride here in Dallas! 5 guys, 5 gixxers, 5 helmets, zero gear. It was a sad sight. One of them even asked me if I was burning up in my jacket. I said I was but would much rather be warm at lights then melted to the pavement. They sort of shrugged it off and we continued our chat.

Overall these guys were pretty cool. They were all big guys though 300+ and thought my bike was nice minus the somewhat small stature. Hell, I cant blame them. They looked like giants on a minibike riding those 600s. Before this conversation came up and I was inside getting my water and peanuts(great energy) I notced several of them looking my bessie(her name is Bessie) over. A few of them thought it might be bigger but they were pretty sure it was a 250. I told them about my plans to give this to my fiance when I get the Zx-7 yadda yadda.

I got invited to go ride and followed them for a bit but signaled I was leaving and turned off after just a few miles. We were out on some twisties around here and I just didn't like these guys' line selection while I was in the back. A lot of them were straddling the double yellow and leaning into traffic on the blind turns and I was just not willing to come around a corner and role right over the top of one of them after they go down so I turned around. They weren't complete jackasses but just didn't seem to be riding with their heads.

All in all they were good guys - just not my type of idiot. I have only been riding for a few months now and don't need any more distractions or danger thrown into the mix.

mikedabike64
October 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM
I ve been wearing my full leathers on my 250 now and most wave and are very friendly.