View Full Version : pig hunting

b_eastep
August 4th, 2009, 02:47 PM
so is there anyone else on here that hunts wild pigs with dogs and a knife or am i the only one?

CC Cowboy
August 4th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I used to do it back in the Cumberland Mountains. Do you use a pen knife too? I always had a 308 to back me up though. I love eating wild pig. Some of my favorite dishes.

Your not talking Boston Night Club hopping are you? I did that too. Much more dangerous.

kkim
August 4th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Brad,

That's quite popular with the local people on Kauai. Most hunt with a pack of dogs and either use a gun, knife or bow and arrow to kill their prey. Pigs, goats, sheep all have seasons here.

CC- :lol:

me... I have a hard enough time hunting for the remote.

b_eastep
August 5th, 2009, 01:59 PM
just a knife witha 7 1/2" blade. and yes they are wonderful to eat. (not the nightclub kind)

PitBull
August 5th, 2009, 02:05 PM
My husband and I hunt them. But not with a knife and dogs. Usually with a bow or rifle. We have a pretty big population here in North Texas.

PitBull
August 5th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Brad - Just realized you are in OK. What part is Elmore City in? We hunt up near the Red River.

b_eastep
August 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM
yea i hear theres a pretty good population near red river. im north of the river about 55-60 miles.

b_eastep
February 26th, 2010, 07:31 AM
anyone else? pitbull you do any hunting lately. so wet around here cant even get around to go hunting.

PitBull
February 26th, 2010, 07:53 AM
I haven't been hunting since early December. We weren't seeing many pigs on the game cameras last time we checked. My father in law did get a 300lb pig back near the end of the year.