View Full Version : [faster and faster] - Honda DN-01: Riding the scooter-motorcycle hybrid

Ninjette Newsbot
July 9th, 2008, 09:19 PM
The Honda DN-01. We really do hope this isn't the future of motorcycling... It barely looks like a motorcycle at all, and while the DN-01 may be Honda’s vision of what motorcycles will become, it most certainly isn’t ours. Still, just how good (or not…) is this scooter-motorcycle hybrid when it comes to the actual riding part? The men at Motociclismo recently had a go, and here’s what they had

Click here for full story... (http://www.fasterandfaster.net/2008/07/honda-dn-01-riding-scooter-motorcycle.html)

Fleshbazbo
November 18th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Don't worry it will be just as boring to ride as the fj1300 auto and probably get worse gas mileage. I pity the fool that spends too much money on this behemoth.

Sailariel
November 18th, 2010, 04:11 PM
It's actually a very nice bike. I test rode one and liked it. It was smooth and handled very well. It does look a bit spaceshippy--some people like the ultra modern look. I preferred it in manual transmission mode. I think that the Honda NT700V is a nicer bike--same engine and a lot less expensive. It may very well be before its time for this bike. It is a quality machine which may or may not enjoy or find a niche. Certainly, it is not a sport bike, not a touring bike--although it could be, not a scooter by a long shot. I think that it would make an excellent commuter and all around fun to ride bike.

Fleshbazbo
November 18th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I notice you purchased the standard model. I hope it serves you well. you would have found the other one boring in comparison over time.

Alex
November 18th, 2010, 08:01 PM
He didn't purchase the bike listed in this thread, Sailariel bought an NT-700, which shares the engine architecture, but little else with the DN-01.

Fleshbazbo
November 19th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Yes