View Full Version : Random question about license suspension.

hybridxx
August 6th, 2009, 02:29 PM
for starters. no, I didnt get my licenses suspended or anything like that lol. and i dont intend to either =p.
but a random thought hit me today when i saw a cop pulling over someone.

If someone gets their driving license suspended for whatever reason..
to many tickets..
dui...
etc..

Does that go for ur motorcycle license to?
or are u still allowed to get on two wheels :rolleyes:

rockNroll
August 6th, 2009, 02:40 PM
for starters. no, I didnt not get my licenses suspended or anything like that lol. and i dont intend to either =p.

to many tickets..
dui...
etc..

In the states I've lived in, motorcycle endorsement goes w/ the driver's license. You'd be lookin for a ride.

CRXTrek
August 6th, 2009, 02:46 PM
for starters. no, I(didnt not) get my licenses suspended or anything like that lol. and i dont intend to either =p.

to many tickets..
dui...
etc..

(didnt not )So does this mean yes?
Most states won't even let you ride a moped on a suspension

kkim
August 6th, 2009, 02:50 PM
it all goes on one's driving record, which includes anything you've been cited for no matter what licensed vehicle you've been driving/riding.

here in Hawaii, where mopeds are not required to have a license to operate, when one's driver's license gets suspended, for whatever reason, you see people using mopeds to get to work and back.

CRXTrek
August 6th, 2009, 02:53 PM
mopeds don't need a tag here either,but if you're suspended you can't ride it.

kkim
August 6th, 2009, 02:56 PM
you don't need a license here to operate one. why wouldn't you be able to ride one then?

CRXTrek
August 6th, 2009, 02:59 PM
The same reason you can't use your riding lawn mower to get around.
They've given dui s for this here too.

kkim
August 6th, 2009, 03:02 PM
so I can see the lawnmower not being a street legal vehicle, but a moped is.

CRXTrek
August 6th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Scroll down to Missouri
http://www.mopedarmy.com/wiki/Moped_laws

CRXTrek
August 6th, 2009, 03:24 PM
so I can see the lawnmower not being a street legal vehicle, but a moped is.
You are allowed to drive them on the street just like the construction and farm equip. Just put on the triangle sign.

kkim
August 6th, 2009, 03:52 PM
the difference is that in Hawaii you don't need to be licensed to operate a moped. (motorized bicycle) in Missouri you do. sucks to be from Missouri, but we already knew that! :p

CRXTrek
August 6th, 2009, 03:55 PM
My paycheck last alot longer here.:p

kkim
August 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
that depends on how big it is.

ScraitT
August 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I have no clue what the laws are state to state, but some states do allow you to operate a scooter or moped without a license and multiple DUIs.
I live in Florida and I'm pretty sure if a scooter is under 50cc, then you don't need a license to ride it, however I'm not sure about the DIU license suspension side of it.

I was watching that show "Speeders" on night while nothing was on TV, and the state troopers (not sure which state) pulled a guy over on a scooter that was carrying multiple boxes in one arm.
Anyways, the guy was using the scooter because he had something insane like 12 DUI convictions and it was the only legal method of self transportation according to the cop on the show.

So apprently its allowed...at least in some states.

HKr1
August 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM
You know, when I was younger. I tried to get my motorcycle license, they said I needed a car license first. Well down the road standing in front of the judge, he asked if I had a way of getting my Kawasaki home? I mentioned that I drove my car, I will just drive home :)
He said no way Iam taking your license! So I brought up that point, all my tickets are on bikes......... Why not take my motorcycle endorsement away. He just said it doesn't work that way.... I said it should ;)

Anyway, think I have had my California DL suspended like 9 times! Iam pretty good at it :D