View Full Version : Scorp. White Chameleon Helmet - Exo 700

addy126
August 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Oddly there is really no "forum" for ATGATT and other accessory gear so I'll just stick this here. I recently tracked down "mirrored visors" for the above captioned. Went with the Green Everclear Mirrored Visor to match the graphics in sunlight which of course turn green. When down I was shocked how much the colors where brighter and clarity sharper. At nite it was capable of being down and did not interfere with my vision at all where the dark smoke had to be lifted in order to see everything. Truly a decent visor for all round use. Now I've rarely used the dark smoke visor. This one has become my favorite ATGATT for the Cranium.:thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
August 7th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Oddly there is really no "forum" for ATGATT and other accessory gear so I'll just stick this here. I recently tracked down "mirrored visors" for the above captioned. Went with the Green Everclear Mirrored Visor to match the graphics in sunlight which of course turn green. When down I was shocked how much the colors where brighter and clarity sharper. At nite it was capable of being down and did not interfere with my vision at all where the dark smoke had to be lifted in order to see everything. Truly a decent visor for all round use. Now I've rarely used the dark smoke visor. This one has become my favorite ATGATT for the Cranium.:thumbup:

aye, i use a dark smoke visor on my exo-400. for daily communes from work. i just got a exo-700 Burst, and jeff @ STG in shelby, hooked me up with a FREE EC-Silver Mirror visor with it! and i did a test outside of their store. i was curious to see if a mirrored visor would give ANY uv-darkening like some sunglasses. i held up my dark smoke visor in hand, in view of the sun... then other hand switched out and put the silver mirroed visor in view of the sun, and i was supprized at how much the MIRRORED visor, blocked out the sun almost as good as my dark smoke visor!

and yes, i rode around this THURS with the silver mirrored visor on during the day and even at night things seemed slightly clearer, sharper to me. I need glasses too, my sight is blurry for seeing things at a far distance, up close im fine! ie: im on the highway... i need to get off at exit:14 .... well JUST as exit:14 comes into READING View for me... i ****ing PASS it! lol happens all the time :mad:

and no im Not blind as a bat. :p

andrewexd
August 7th, 2009, 10:22 PM
thanks for the info. I also have the exo700 Burst in Silver / Black. I was thinking of getting a pair of sunglasses or a smoked/ mirrored visor. The sunglasses are obviously more versatile as I could use them whenever but I would have to get a prescription so a visor is the cheaper route...

addy126
August 8th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Hey guys.... I've also got the silver mirrored for Shark Flag and KBC Assasin helmets. I like the silver mirrors as well and can be slightly used at night. However the "colored" mirrors have even better night vision that the smoke/mirrors do and great visibility in daylight. I too wear prescrip glasses and can blow by a sign periodically too.. Oh and the silver mirrors.... you can tilt your helmet behind a stopped car at a certain angle and actually reflect sun off their rearview mirrors or light up their interior a little <grin> Irritates them to no end :laugh:

andrewexd
August 10th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Which one would you recommend ? Should I get the silver mirrored or colored mirrored ? Does the everclear make a difference in vision or is it just for fog ? I live in LA so it rarely ever fogs here and I can save 14 bucks :) btw, is the green visor light / dark green ? I want a silver because it matches but vision is more important..

DarkNinja52
August 10th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I'm looking to get a new helmet with some type of interesting visor. I have a seven zero seven helmet with a clear visor, I dont like the clear too much but I dont liek the helmet even more. It was cheap and it was the right size so i got it. anyway
i was looking into dark smoke with a red/black helmet kind of look, but does anyone think the mirrored would look better? considering theyre much clearer to see out of, i think i might consider it if i decide they look decent.

addy126
August 10th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Which one would you recommend ? Should I get the silver mirrored or colored mirrored ? Does the everclear make a difference in vision or is it just for fog ? I live in LA so it rarely ever fogs here and I can save 14 bucks :) btw, is the green visor light / dark green ? I want a silver because it matches but vision is more important..

My arsenal is clear, dark smoke, silver mirror and now the green mirror. I far prefer for the moment the green mirror for brighter daylight vision and far better nite vision removing the need for switching out dark smoke with clear lens. It's hard to say the green is light or dark because of the mirrored effect. You cannot see in from outside when the visor is pulled down, they cannot see your face if that helps. I've found that the mirror visor seems to be overlaid on a dark smoke type visor which makes it difficult for using at nite.. its possible but not safe when there are no street lights. Let me liken the green to a midgreen reflective. I got it because the green matched the green chameleons and other graphics when it changes color in different lighting situations. Just take your helmet into an accessories store and try on the different colors.. thats all I did to make my mind up. It hard when you do it online.. cuz you just can't tell.

The everclear is a coating on the inside of the lens that is for fogging issues only. It's more of a problem to dry after cleaning.... you can't use a microfiber or other cloth because the fibers cling to the lens creating vision concerns with streaking type objects when riding. You have to "blot" dry and that takes time...

addy126
August 10th, 2009, 04:36 PM
I'm looking to get a new helmet with some type of interesting visor. I have a seven zero seven helmet with a clear visor, I dont like the clear too much but I dont liek the helmet even more. It was cheap and it was the right size so i got it. anyway
i was looking into dark smoke with a red/black helmet kind of look, but does anyone think the mirrored would look better? considering theyre much clearer to see out of, i think i might consider it if i decide they look decent.

Try em on the helmet you are lookin at and decide which is more eye pleasing. Its all I do when I'm lookin for the right colored visor that matches best with a helmet. Won't buy til I'm sure it matches just right :thumbup: Our local Moto Liberty has alot of the colors in stock for the various helmets they sell.

minuslars
August 10th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I wear $20 mirrored sunglasses under my faceshield. It's basically the bomb. :thumbup:

andrewexd
August 10th, 2009, 10:31 PM
anyone have the $8 aeroskirt ? Is it worth it, does it work ? They're out of stock right now at newenough and I really don't feel like paying shipping on an $8 item (im ordering other stuff too).

kkim
August 10th, 2009, 10:44 PM
anyone have the $8 aeroskirt ? Is it worth it, does it work ? They're out of stock right now at newenough and I really don't feel like paying shipping on an $8 item (im ordering other stuff too).

I have the aeroskirt. I liked it when I was riding in cool weather, but once the temps went up, I took it out for a bit more airflow. I also had that nose piece in there too and I ended taking it out. When the weather starts getting cooler, I'm sure they are both going back in.

what is it that you're hoping it will do?

andrewexd
August 10th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I guess just less wind overall. Im going to start commuting to school in the fall and it gets pretty chilly in the mornings, even in LA. Its pretty cold even right now when the sun isn't up. Ill probably have to get a neck buff anyway but everything helps.

kkim
August 10th, 2009, 11:40 PM
In that case, I'd recommend it. it does work to cut the air movement into the bottom of the helmet. I'd also recommend you try using that nose guard thingy, too.

andrewexd
August 10th, 2009, 11:54 PM
ok, thanks. Yeah I kept the noseguard in because I have glasses and they can fog up if breathe into the visor and it "bounces" back.

addy126
August 11th, 2009, 08:37 AM
ok, thanks. Yeah I kept the noseguard in because I have glasses and they can fog up if breathe into the visor and it "bounces" back.

I've got the 8.00 aeroskirt and recommend it, also helps keep out the bugs from catching wind and flyin up inside the helmet. Just went out and picked up a neck buff (buffwear.com) from REI for the cooler weather. Supposed to wick way sweat in the hot weather as well. 12 ways to wear it they say and colors are cool to :thumbup: Wearing prescrip glasses I've also just picked up the "Foggy" insert preparing for the cooler weather coming up. Fits snug against the cheeks and traps the air from hitting the "glasses". We'll see how it works.

demp
August 11th, 2009, 12:47 PM
maybe I'll use this as an excuse to order that EX0-700 CRACKHEAD (Blue) I've always wanted :p

andrewexd
August 11th, 2009, 05:09 PM
I've got the 8.00 aeroskirt and recommend it, also helps keep out the bugs from catching wind and flyin up inside the helmet. Just went out and picked up a neck buff (buffwear.com) from REI for the cooler weather. Supposed to wick way sweat in the hot weather as well. 12 ways to wear it they say and colors are cool to :thumbup: Wearing prescrip glasses I've also just picked up the "Foggy" insert preparing for the cooler weather coming up. Fits snug against the cheeks and traps the air from hitting the "glasses". We'll see how it works.

lol that buff thing is crazy. anyway, I got the mirrored silver visor, its great its not too dark and not too light to see out of. It took me like 10 minutes to get the thing on but its pretty easy now.

addy126
August 11th, 2009, 09:20 PM
lol that buff thing is crazy. anyway, I got the mirrored silver visor, its great its not too dark and not too light to see out of. It took me like 10 minutes to get the thing on but its pretty easy now.

Congrats Andrew I use the mirrored on my KBC and Shark Flag helmets and enjoy them. People stop to talk at red lights and get real bugged that all they can see is their reflections. I think it unnerves them