randomwalk101
August 10th, 2009, 12:06 PM
anyone around the DFW area wanna get together & ride sometimes? :D

sharky nrk
August 11th, 2009, 05:21 AM
pm mklein3004, he is in allen, tx

revstriker
August 18th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Do you have a day and a route in mind? I'm up north of Dallas in McKinney.

MKlein3004
August 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
well we would have to make it soon bro, i might be moving back to college station soon. I would be willing to go anytime, evening, morning, doesn't matter too me, its up to you. I googled motorcycle roads and it brings up an ok site, http://www.motorcycleroads.us/states/tx.html , look and see which one tickles your fancy and let me know i am up for anything.

randomwalk101
August 24th, 2009, 03:09 PM
well i found a member here (matt) in Keller and we've done a little bit of riding around town once. Going to do it again this Wed after work around 6pm if someone is up for it.

MKlein3004
August 24th, 2009, 03:34 PM
ill let you know, i actually have a scheduled visit of a plant in crystal city, tx. This is another opportunity that has came up for my career. If i am not offered the job in college station before wednesday, then i will be heading down there on wed. for my visit on thursday, its like 5-6 hour drive. So i am not sure if i will be available on wednesday or not. Ill let you know whats up by posting a reply on this thread on wednesday by 3 pm and let you know. if you guys could head out more towards the weekend it would fit my time better. Ill let you know.

randomwalk101
August 24th, 2009, 03:39 PM
well let us know and come out if you can. I'd love to do weekends...unfortunately I have to work. Check w/ Matt (mo1981)...I believe he's off..

MKlein3004
August 24th, 2009, 03:43 PM
will do, all i can do is wait and see whats up. Not necessarily the weekend but maybe thursday evening or friday evening, but its whatever, ill see whats up before i leave

revstriker
August 24th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Week nights are a bit tough for me. I'm not normally leaving work until 6 pm or so. But I am available most weekends. Wouldn't mind a morning ride with a stop for lunch along the way.

revstriker
August 26th, 2009, 06:57 AM
:bump2:

Anybody looking to get out for a ride on Sat/Sun?

MKlein3004
August 26th, 2009, 02:37 PM
ill let you know, but i should be ok with it

revstriker
August 26th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Sounds good. :)

revstriker
August 28th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Taking my bike to the dealer tomorrow (Sat) for the 600 mile service. If anyone in the DFW area is up for a Sunday ride, let me know.

MKlein3004
August 29th, 2009, 10:40 AM
i am up for the ride, we just need to figure out what road to go on, each do some research and find which is the best to go for a couple of beginners, i am including myself in that. I will look that the link i posted earlier and if you can think of any more or if you want to do a highway ride, then let me know.

MKlein3004
August 29th, 2009, 10:45 AM
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/tx_fm455.html

this one looks interesting

also these two
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/tx_fm121.html
http://www.motorcycleroads.us/roads/tx_fm902.html

randomwalk101
August 29th, 2009, 10:49 AM
anyone up for a ride tonight (8pm) ? I'm getting off this damn place at 7pm :(
beautiful day to day...arghhhh...

MKlein3004
August 29th, 2009, 10:52 AM
let me know whats up i will go whenever, i have nothing but time this weekend, i also need to clear my head of things going on so a ride might help

If i go tonight i will also go tomorrow, i am up for all the riding available

randomwalk101
August 29th, 2009, 11:03 AM
yeah..let's go....meet up somewhere and just riiiidddeeeee :)

MKlein3004
August 29th, 2009, 11:06 AM
where you coming from, i am north of dallas in allen, you anywhere close to that

randomwalk101
August 29th, 2009, 11:30 AM
i'm at dfw airport

revstriker
August 29th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I would love to go for a ride tonight, but my wife and I have dinner plans tonight. But I am wide open for tomorrow. I would be up for just about any route. I've been wanting to try a drive up to Muenster for some lunch. Could be a fun loop.

And don't worry about being a beginner. I have no problem driving at a nice leisurely pace.

I'm in McKinney by the way.

revstriker
August 29th, 2009, 02:25 PM
I was playing around with Google Maps and came up with this for a route to Muenster. I've never traveled these roads, but I've heard they are popular for motorcycles. I have it starting in McKinney, but we could adjust based on who wants to go.

http://www.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=33.38788,-96.904907&spn=1.100773,2.458191&z=9&msid=114800043779530178179.0004724e446cfbded675e

If someone has a different route to try, I'd be up for that as well.

revstriker
August 29th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I'm out for the evening. If anyone wants to ride, put the details here and I will check later tonight. If anyone wants to discuss some options, shoot me an email: scott@nilescafe.com

I'll have my blackberry with me so I can respond.

istreefitty
August 29th, 2009, 04:36 PM
i graduated from plano east but if you guys ride into the Christmas season you should check out my dads chrisstmas display. it is here

pharrchristmas.com (http://www.pharrchristmas.com)

pretty neat

MKlein3004
August 29th, 2009, 05:20 PM
that rout is fine with me, just tell me when and where you want to meet up, i will be there.

As for tonight randomwalk, do you have any idea where you want to ride, DFW airport is a lil far away from me for a night trip, but if you have any other ideas i am up for it.

randomwalk101
August 29th, 2009, 07:47 PM
yeah we'll do it another time man. I did go out for a ride today...360->121->635-> garland then looped back...about an hour freeway riding....boring route but weather was superb....i made it short cuz I have to work tomorrow (wake up 5am) :(

Monday -> moving
Tuesday -> ride Dallas to Houston :)

revstriker
August 29th, 2009, 07:51 PM
There is a Starbucks in the shopping plaza located at 75 and 380. This might be a good place to meet. There is also a Best Buy, a Home Depot, and a Hooters in that plaza. Probably a good place to start from. As for times, you tell me what works for you. I can be there at 8, or 9. We can start later if you want, but I'm not sure how long the entire route will take.

randomwalk101, if you see this and you're still interested in going, MKlein3004 and I can meet you somewhere around 35 and 380. Just let us know what works for you.

By the way, I have a red Ninja 250 and the name is Scott.

If you need a reply to anything, send me an email at scott@nilescafe.com and I will get back to you ASAP. I will not be online until much later tonight.

Anyway, hope we can work out some kind of ride tomorrow.

revstriker
August 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM
yeah we'll do it another time man. I did go out for a ride today...360->121->635-> garland then looped back...about an hour freeway riding....boring route but weather was superb....i made it short cuz I have to work tomorrow (wake up 5am) :(

Monday -> moving
Tuesday -> ride Dallas to Houston :)Sorry to hear that you have to work tomorrow. If you ever get back up in this area, give me a shout and we'll go for a ride.

MKlein3004, I'm still up for a ride if you are. Or if anyone else wants to meet up in the morning...

MKlein3004
August 29th, 2009, 08:09 PM
yeah my sister came in from athens also and we loaded a bed up for her and her husband along with setting up my parents new bed so i had things come up that kept me from riding today.

I would say i guess we can do 9 and meet at the starbucks or hooters, i know where each of them are

I have a blue 250r and the name is Mitchell, I will most likely be in jeans and a black jacket with a blue/black helmet. I will meet you at 9 i guess and we can head out from there, what place are we eating at and about how much is it, so i know what to bring. I pmed you my number and you can text me and it would be alot easier and faster than the forum.

randomwalk, we can do this anytime in the evening during the week, i am currently unemployed and waiting for calls from possible employers so time is no big thing for me.

randomwalk101
August 30th, 2009, 05:14 AM
If you guys are up for a ride tonight (again), i'm all for it. The weather supposed to be real nice today. I'm off at 7pm again and so i'm good for aheading out at 8pm...might take me like 30 mins or so to get to whereever cuz i'm near the dfw airport.

i'm thinking of looping dallas & arlington/fw

360>635>i20>820>360 (end) should be 2.5 hrs ride :)

MKlein3004
August 30th, 2009, 01:45 PM
hell i dont know now, i just got off a 5 hour ride with scott and my ass and legs are vibrated out. I will see how i feel in a lil bit might be up for it

all in all a good ride this morning and some pretty good views of hills and land. there was one that i liked alot as you came over a hill all you see is like 30-40 windmills in the distance, as we get closer we go through the middle of them. was pretty cool

Also the little biker bar we stopped at as good, nice atmosphere.

Might have to do it again before i leave for either of my two job opportunities, if they arise.

randomwalk101
August 30th, 2009, 01:48 PM
GOod to hear of you enjoyed the ride.
I'm out for tonight.. Co-worker called and begged me to stay a little longer for him..he's sick so I'm working late today...16 freaking hours!!!! Healthcare..curing the sick while sacrificing your life...sucks balls.

revstriker
August 30th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Good ride today. I really enjoyed it. :thumbup: Those views were pretty cool. I liked the part after St. Jo where we were coming down that big hill, and you could see way into the valley. Although those windmills were pretty cool too! When you first see them you think they are just over the next hill, but in reality, they're still pretty far away. When you get close to them you realize just how big they are!

Lot of bikers out today too!

MKlein3004
September 1st, 2009, 03:47 PM
There was also a funny sign, that if we go again, i want to take a picture with, the street name was, "seldon seen road". thought it would be a good pic for the weird ninjette pics

revstriker
September 2nd, 2009, 11:25 AM
That's pretty funny! I didn't see that. It doesn't surprise me though seeing how far out in the middle of nowhere we were! I'm still amazed we didn't get lost!

Mo1981
March 10th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Time to bump this. Let's try to get something going around here soon.
Posted via Mobile Device

Snake
March 12th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Sounds like a great idea. I have been wanting to get together with some folks from the DFW area. Lets throw out some dates and well get everyone to see what there scheduales are and what will work best. I work every other weekend. To give people time to respond and plan. Lets shoot for the middle of April? Whatcha think?

MKlein3004
March 12th, 2010, 03:42 PM
i might be able to make the trip up there if we get a set date

Davidb1986
March 12th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I'm in Waxahachie which is 30 minutes south of Dallas. I won't be able to ride for a couple of months because of a work injury but if anyone wants to ride after I'm better then I would gladly welcome it!!!!

Davidb1986
March 12th, 2010, 03:50 PM
In fact if anyone has facebook and wants to look me up and add me as a friend we can set something up after I'm better and can ride again. Just pm me for my full name.

PitBull
March 19th, 2010, 06:48 AM
I would love to get together with some other fellow ninjette members in the DFW area (and you too Snake):). All my weekends in April are booked but May is pretty open (with the exception of Memorial Day weekend).

FrugalNinja250
March 22nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
One day event I presume? Meet somewhere for breakfast, ride somewhere for lunch, ride back? Any thoughts on miles for the day? I can do up to 250 in one shot, probably more if split during the day, but I'm thinking a little less would work better for most.

cnichols79us
March 22nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
Where exactly is the DFW area? Sorry for not knowing my Geography... :)

Snake
March 22nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
Where exactly is the DFW area? Sorry for not knowing my Geography... :)

Dallas/Fort Worth

cnichols79us
March 22nd, 2010, 05:26 PM
Dallas/Fort Worth

Ahhhhhhhh....... That was the one I didn't think of. Thank you Snake!:thumbup:

Snake
March 23rd, 2010, 05:05 AM
No prob, anytime.

ejunk81
May 5th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Well my helmet's coming in the mail this Friday so I'll be on the road starting this weekend. I'm up in the Mckinney area, off 380 & 75

duc749s
May 9th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Anyone opposed to a non-Ninja riding along sometime?

FrugalNinja250
May 10th, 2010, 10:37 AM
If we can't really organize a group ride (and I'm still new enough I don't really want to ride with a large group) there's no reason why we can't just all meet up somewhere for a nice lunch and shoot the breeze session one Saturday. I personally like Papas BBQ over between Loop 12 and I-35E right before the merge north of where the Stadium used to me. They have covered parking and good food. There are lots of other places to meet as well.

Just a thought...

ejunk81
May 18th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Not a bad idea at all. Although if anyone *is* interested in riding, there's a lot of scenic areas the further north you get out of Dallas. North of 380 there's nothing but open country roads :)

Werehusky
June 1st, 2010, 05:40 PM
So do you guys get together often, or have there been no group meets?

FrugalNinja250
June 2nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
I think the latter...one of those things that require some leadership and I'm not all that good at leade...look, a butterfly!

ejunk81
June 2nd, 2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah I didn't hear any interest when I bumped this thread about a month ago. No worries, I get plenty of seat time since it's my daily transportation :D

FrugalNinja250
June 3rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
We could organize a fall get together, maybe ride out of town a bit for it. For instance, there's the Hard 8 BBQ joint in Stephenville just off 281 and 377, about 90 miles south west of the middle of the metroplex. Not a whole lot of twisty turny stuff, but then again I'm new enough that I don't find twisty turny stuff all that pleasurable.

revstriker
June 11th, 2010, 11:01 PM
We could organize a fall get together, maybe ride out of town a bit for it. For instance, there's the Hard 8 BBQ joint in Stephenville just off 281 and 377, about 90 miles south west of the middle of the metroplex. Not a whole lot of twisty turny stuff, but then again I'm new enough that I don't find twisty turny stuff all that pleasurable.If you take it easy and don't push too hard, it can be fun. There aren't too many really twisty roads around here (I'm in McKinney), but there are some that have some nice easy sweepers. If I just want to take a short ride, I head over toward McKinney Airport and take 546 on a short loop around Lake Lavon, and then back up Country Club Road.

There are some local groups who go out on weekends toward Muenster and other places. Just be careful because some of them really do a fast pace.

ejunk81
June 12th, 2010, 02:59 PM
If you take it easy and don't push too hard, it can be fun. There aren't too many really twisty roads around here (I'm in McKinney), but there are some that have some nice easy sweepers. If I just want to take a short ride, I head over toward McKinney Airport and take 546 on a short loop around Lake Lavon, and then back up Country Club Road.

There are some local groups who go out on weekends toward Muenster and other places. Just be careful because some of them really do a fast pace.

Had no idea we even had a lake here in Mckinney lol. Tonight's booked cause it's UFC night but I might just give this route a shot tomorrow.

revstriker
June 12th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Had no idea we even had a lake here in Mckinney lol. Tonight's booked cause it's UFC night but I might just give this route a shot tomorrow.Here's a map of the basic route. Ignore the part between Wylie and Lucas. I normally head up El Dorado toward the A/P and catch the route at the top left.

http://www.openroadjourney.com/loadroute.asp?rid=2198

If I'm up in the morning, I might make this run too. If you see a black zx6r on the route, give me a wave. :)