View Full Version : DIY - ZG Double Bubble Windscreen Installation

Snake
August 10th, 2009, 07:28 PM
DIY - ZG Double Bubble Windscreen Installation

Tools:
1 #2 phillips screwdriver
1 long flat scredriver
super glue

1. Remove 6 phillips head screws located on the front of the windscreen. Caution: As soon as each screw is loose make sure to pull the screw foward at the same time that you are unscrewing them. This is so the plastic nuts do not fall back behind the gauge cluster. If this happens you will have to fish them out.

2. While holding the plastic nuts in place with a long flat scredriver place one drop of superglue between the outside edge of the plastic nut and the inside of the fairing. Let dry for at least 5 minutes before installing the windscreen. This is to keep the plastic nuts in place otherwise they will fall out of the holes while trying to tighten them.

3. Place ZG Double Bubble Windscreen in place and loosely start all 6 screws. After all 6 screws are loosely in place start to tighten them snugly but not overly tight from the bottom center working your way outward and alternating from left to right.

Thats all there is to it. The hardest part is keeping the plastic nuts from falling out. Now for some before and after pics.

Front before and after:
3416 3417

From behind before and after:
3419 3420

Size difference between the two windscreens. The ZG Double Bubble is aproxamately 1.5 inches taller.

noche_caliente
August 11th, 2009, 06:02 AM
Nice job Snake! Want to go add it to the wiki where we have the install for the new gens?

Grn99Kawi
August 11th, 2009, 07:17 AM
'm really happy with mine too.. one thing that I have been going back and forth on.. would the DB look better if we were to put a new "Ninja" script on it just like OEM? Same size and place?

addy126
August 11th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Looks much better than stock screen, great job Rick:thumbup:

addy126
August 11th, 2009, 08:21 AM
'm really happy with mine too.. one thing that I have been going back and forth on.. would the DB look better if we were to put a new "Ninja" script on it just like OEM? Same size and place?

Adam... I took the liberty to touch up the pic comparison of Ricks with a similar font style "Ninja" on the DB screen. You can better see whether you like the looks of it or not. My opinion..... looks pretty o.k. if you do go ahead and do it :thumbup:

Verus Cidere
August 11th, 2009, 10:55 AM
I seriously need to get new fairings so I can get one of these and not worry that it'll fall off!

Snake
August 11th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Adam... I took the liberty to touch up the pic comparison of Ricks with a similar font style "Ninja" on the DB screen. You can better see whether you like the looks of it or not. My opinion..... looks pretty o.k. if you do go ahead and do it :thumbup:

I agree it does look better with the Ninja emblem on the new screen.
Thanks addy126.

Snake
August 11th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Nice job Snake! Want to go add it to the wiki where we have the install for the new gens?

Yes I would like to add it to the wiki. How do you do that?

noche_caliente
August 11th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Rick - Alex gives pointers on how to do it here: http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20820&highlight=wiki

ASecretNinja
August 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM

I disagree with whoever agreed that the emblem looks better. I like it without any stickers.