View Full Version : Motorcyclist dies in apparent road-rage crash

ken_here
August 11th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Here (http://www.venturacountystar.com/news/2009/aug/10/1-dead-in-camarillo-crash/)

HKr1
August 11th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Bummer!

On a side note, why do people slam on there brakes in front of you when there mad...? What the hell are they thinking.

Ken
August 11th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Wow, just wow.

VeX
August 11th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Looks like that dickhead learned the worse way possible not to brake check a MOTORHOME. Probably only had his peanutshell helmet on that chopper as well. So
A) Riding like an ass hole (he flicked off the motor home driver before brake checking him)
B) Wasn't likely wearing any gear

I don't offer too many condolences on this one.

conchwanab
August 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
never road rage on a bike you'll always get the **** end of the stick!!!!
This was just plain stupid.

dimeified
August 11th, 2009, 03:40 PM
I first went into the article thinking what kind of asshole would brake hard to hurt a motorcyclist. Then i read it and realized it was the motorcyclist with the road rage and could not believe it. That stupid sh*thead deserves what he got, i do not feel bad at all.

Banzai
August 11th, 2009, 03:51 PM
If something uncivilized happens to you while you're being uncivilized....well, look up sympathy in the dictionary. It's somewhere between 5h1t and syphilis.

tjkamper
August 11th, 2009, 04:14 PM
Brake checking is dumb. Even dumber on a bike.

nate-bama
August 11th, 2009, 04:37 PM
ha ha i bet that guy thought having 25 stacks to blow on a bike made his balls feel inflated. thats funny stuff i measn who expects a motor home to move fast or even see you coming up behind them? I expect them not to even know im around

Snake
August 11th, 2009, 05:23 PM
That was just plain stupid of the biker. Like someone else said "what was he thinking?"

bob706
August 11th, 2009, 05:33 PM
motorcycle vs motorhome = epic fail. What a waste:crazy:

Snake
August 11th, 2009, 05:37 PM
I found this section of the article very interesting:

The fatal crash came amid a statewide increase in motorcycle fatalities. They climbed 8.1 percent in 2008, to 560, compared with 518 in 2007, according to the state Office of Traffic Safety.

Motorcycle deaths have risen consistently since 1998, when only 204 fatalities were reported.

While authorities are still trying to determine why, young men riding fast sport bikes and older men returning to motorcycles after a long absence appear to be factors, said Chris Cochran, a spokesman for the Office of Traffic Safety.

It looks the young men / women and older men / women here at this forum that have chosen the Ninjette have made a very wise choice.

tinng321
August 12th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Hold off.... You guys only hear 1 side of the story. It's kind of unfair to the biker cuz he's no longer here to defend himself.
What if Antoine fell asleep at the wheel and ran the biker over and made up the whole story. People take their RV on long trip rite? It is possible that Antoine was tired and sleepy from driving all day.

capt_bugaloo
August 12th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Yeah, I agree - something seems a bit odd about this story.

A vehicle going 60 MPH with good brakes should be able to stop in 120 to 150 feet.
The RV continued on for '500 feet' with the motorcycle pinned under the front end. Hmm. The RV was travelling at 55 mph. I get that the front brakes weren't working with the bike wedged under the front.. but the motorcycle frame was digging into the pavement so hard it dug a gouge in the pavement... and the RV should still have had rear brakes.

Even if the RV driver's story is true, what happened to set the biker off like that: obscene gestures, allegedly slamming on his brakes right in front of the RV, etc..?

I think there might be a bit more to this incident than meets the eye.

talldrink
August 12th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Even if the incident occurred just as the article stated, I still feel sympathetic for the motorcycle rider (yes, even if he caused the accident). A loss of life is never a "haha, that's what you get for being a tool" situation in my eyes. Somewhere, he has family who will suffer and mourn his loss; regardles of who caused it.

DarkNinja52
August 12th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Kind of makes you think and ask a lot of questions about things..

P1NDLESK1N
August 12th, 2009, 12:48 PM
There can't be anyone on two wheels who thinks 'break checking' is ever a good idea.

There's probably much more to this story.

demp
August 12th, 2009, 12:55 PM
if the story is true, he got what he deserved

addy126
August 12th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I found this section of the article very interesting:

The fatal crash came amid a statewide increase in motorcycle fatalities. They climbed 8.1 percent in 2008, to 560, compared with 518 in 2007, according to the state Office of Traffic Safety.

Motorcycle deaths have risen consistently since 1998, when only 204 fatalities were reported.

While authorities are still trying to determine why, young men riding fast sport bikes and older men returning to motorcycles after a long absence appear to be factors, said Chris Cochran, a spokesman for the Office of Traffic Safety.

It looks the young men / women and older men / women here at this forum that have chosen the Ninjette have made a very wise choice.

Hmmmm... and no where do we see any mention in the stats about women & bikes..... hmmmmmmmmmm;)

AnarchoMoltov
August 12th, 2009, 03:04 PM
That old fuk should have his license revoked and be thrown in prison...
I see these senior citizens on the road with there oversized RV's all the time, they are no where qualified to be driving these machines, and they are usually traveling at dangerouly low speeds with no concern for any 1 else..