View Full Version : Funny Looking New Icon Helmet

P1NDLESK1N
August 12th, 2009, 11:24 AM
http://rideicon.com/showImage.jsp?class_id=8852&image_type=fullsize&rank=100

Is it ridiculous, too flashy, or perhaps absolutely awesome? You decide.

I think its awesome. :lol:

DarkNinja52
August 12th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Interesting to say the least... but wayy too flashy for my taste.
Is that a dragon or something? alligator with horns? Dinosaur? It's always fun to see someone else wearing something ridiculous like this, but i don't think i could put this on and walk out the door. I wouldn't be able to stop giggling under that helmet at how ridiculous i'd look.

P1NDLESK1N
August 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM
If I had a green bike, I'd probably get it.

And I'd giggle all day long.

DarkNinja52
August 12th, 2009, 11:53 AM
If I had a green bike, I'd probably get it.

And I'd giggle all day long.

+1 for giggling also :D

sofo
August 12th, 2009, 12:22 PM
This one is too much. But when ICON releases a version that looks like a billygoat with horns and beard... I'm sooo in.

KJohnson21
August 12th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I think it's a little bit of each.

Put me on the list for the billy goat style. :)

BlueTyke
August 12th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I think it is supposed to be a dragon...

While I like dragons I wouldn't wear that helmet.

Does it come in blue? :D

bob706
August 12th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Pretty cool if you want to look like a freakin pokemon. Just don't turn your head at speed cause I suspect if those fins catch any cross wind, your gonna rip your neck of your shoulders. http://www.rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=2228&id=8852

addy126
August 12th, 2009, 02:21 PM
I'm kinda lookin at the new Icon Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead Celebration) in black rather than the red... kinda means not really sold on it (busy lookin graphics) but looks interesting. Don't have an Icon helmet so would add it to my stable of 6.:) Any opinions out there? Dario I think I'd hold off on that one you've started this thread with.... I think its the "airfoil treatment" thats a tad over the edge.

emt250
August 12th, 2009, 02:56 PM
If I didn't have to pay for it, i would wear it.

Purspeed
August 12th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Seems like an inherently dangerous design. Not sure what they were thinking...or...if they were thinking.

andrewexd
August 12th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Seems like an inherently dangerous design. Not sure what they were thinking...or...if they were thinking.

thinking of the squids who would say "AWESOME!!!" :o (not that only squids are allowed to wear that)

Im not a fan of Icon Helmet designs, Im not opposed to crazy designs but in that department I think Suomy does better graphics.

Sailariel
August 12th, 2009, 05:48 PM
I think it is supposed to be a dragon...

While I like dragons I wouldn't wear that helmet.

Does it come in blue? :D

Seems a bit extreme. I have a silver HJC with a flip up chin protector. I put my own graphics on---a set of jump wings and a Ranger Tab.

Cedilla
August 12th, 2009, 06:01 PM
I would wear it, but I would not pay more than $100 for that helmet, its too much of a novelty. I wonder what it would look like with a "squidhawk" on it.:D

Boywonder
August 12th, 2009, 06:58 PM
It's awesome. I'd like to see more styles that differ from the norm. The ICON site calls the horns an optional "FSB fin kit". Isn't that typical for a lizard/dragon to have appendages that detach in times of danger?

Does anyone know of a helmet that has a similar style to the Airoh TR1? I love the speeder bike scout trooper (Empire Strikes Back) and fighter pilot look that it has. The problem with the Airoh is that the chin guard is a flip-up that one reviewer described as being plastic and barely half a step better than wearing an open face helmet.

If you click on the thumbnail you can see the helmet from multiple angles.

addy126
August 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM
thinking of the squids who would say "AWESOME!!!" :o (not that only squids are allowed to wear that)

I think Suomy does better graphics.

I agree Suomy has much better graphics but the price is extremely over the top on those lids.

BlueRaven
August 13th, 2009, 07:21 AM
That Icon helmet is one way to get noticed. Pretty unique.

azia
August 13th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Is that even legal in some areas? I know people in my province have been ticketed or pulled over to remove their mohawks, devil horns, bunny ears, and other adornments because your helmet is to have a "smooth continuous surface" (open to interpretation of course!).

Either way, it's cool if you can pull it off. I don't think I'd be able to...

tjkamper
August 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I like it. But it doesn't match my bike. So I'll stick with my current lid for now.

liltenatattoo
August 15th, 2009, 09:46 AM
if they release a bunny with a pancake on it's head i'm soo there, lol.

DarkNinja52
August 15th, 2009, 10:17 AM
:bunnycake::bunnycake::bunnycake::bunnycake::bunnycake::bunnycake::bunnycake:

P1NDLESK1N
August 15th, 2009, 01:11 PM
http://rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=2228&id=8973

You can throw em on any Alliance SSR model. :pound:

CodE-E
August 16th, 2009, 08:27 AM
+1 for giggling also :D

Yeah, I also started giggling just looking at the picture of that helmet.

Greg_E
August 16th, 2009, 01:55 PM
It's awesome. I'd like to see more styles that differ from the norm. The ICON site calls the horns an optional "FSB fin kit". Isn't that typical for a lizard/dragon to have appendages that detach in times of danger?

Does anyone know of a helmet that has a similar style to the Airoh TR1? I love the speeder bike scout trooper (Empire Strikes Back) and fighter pilot look that it has. The problem with the Airoh is that the chin guard is a flip-up that one reviewer described as being plastic and barely half a step better than wearing an open face helmet.

If you click on the thumbnail you can see the helmet from multiple angles.

Schuberth Helme C3, but no longer available in the USA so no longer DOT stickered. I have an old Schuberth Concept that is a great helmet, very quiet inside with good airflow. The sun shade is just a short piece, not the complete thing that is in your picture.

demp
August 18th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I so need to order a pair and paint them... I have a blue alliance ssr!