View Full Version : 2005 250 ninja questions...please help

fiberoptx
August 14th, 2009, 06:34 PM
so i have several questions that i really cant find all of the answwers...well i have found a few but not what im looking for exactly. okay i have a 2005 ninja 250

does anyone know where i can get cheap break pads for the front breaks....and links to the how to's for changing them? and also the took that i need to take the rotars off....any clue? also my gear switched is coming loose...i dont have the wrench to tighten it....i just use a pair of plyers (sp?) any clue where i can get it? also...whats the average time/life of a chain? ive seen a few bikes that look fairly new that have had broken chains here in Phoenix....any advice/clue? kinda scares me . Whats a good gas OC to use for a 250? is 89 okay? i always thought that i should use 91 but people tell me that i should use the lowest. Are these engines not high compression? i dont know much about bikes. i just dont want pinging....and i wanna save the motor . i had been using 91 but i switched to 87 cause everyone i know with bikes use it. help me !!!

okay my breaks have been bad/out for a while....and i know i need new rotars...but for the mean time till i get some more money to get new rotars......if i use new breaks on old rotars ........will i be okay for a while? i have grooves in the rotars ....but i dont have money to replace them yet. i will replace them but cant yet. what else....? oh ya....what about clearing out and replacing the coolant ? any how to's on that? sorry for so many questions...if it were any honda car id know but bikes are all new to me.. HELP ME! TIA!!!

Lance

Alex
August 14th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Welcome to the forum. Check out the search feature for each of the questions, do some research, and if you come up empty, absolutely feel free to post up as many individual threads as you like asking questions about your bike.

But threads like this with 10 questions (I was happy that there weren't actually 2005 questions, couldn't tell from the subject line :)), aren't usually going to be very successful or organized at getting you what you need.

fiberoptx
August 14th, 2009, 07:25 PM
trust me i know how to search...i have a been a honda-tech member for over 6 years so i know how to look for things on fourms....i just need help. sooo please dont try and "school" me on crap i already know about. I need real answers and not bs talk. thanks tho i am an motorcycle noob but not a net/motor noob. not being an ass...but im just saying

Alex
August 14th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Good luck.

fiberoptx
August 14th, 2009, 07:48 PM
ty sir

fiberoptx
August 14th, 2009, 07:55 PM
also how far do u guys travel doing 70+ miles an hr with ur 250? i wanna go to vegas.,....

Snake
August 14th, 2009, 08:00 PM
I have traveled as much as 250+ miles at a time on my 2005 with no problems. You will find out it is a very capable bike.

fiberoptx
August 14th, 2009, 08:07 PM
thats the input i need ! haha thanks!

Snake
August 14th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Like Alex said it is much easier for your questions to be answered if you simplify and break them down.

noche_caliente
August 15th, 2009, 06:19 AM
fwiw Mr. honda-tech member for 6 years, being a jerk to the owner of the forum who has worked so hard to make this a great place for us is not the best of ideas... and I promise that if you search correctly you will find answers to 90% of your questions here

Imthebriman
August 15th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Agreed
Posted via Mobile Device

Verus Cidere
August 15th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I third that motion.

AnarchoMoltov
August 15th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Wow ton of questions, look in the tech section under DIY threads...As far as parts u need there are tons of online motorcycle stores, u can order just about anything u need from.....:thumbup:

kkim
August 15th, 2009, 12:30 PM
fiber- you'll find this site very different from HT. I've been a member there for a few years longer than you and I can tell you that place is a sewer. I suggest you leave that mentality there. This is no place for that type of interaction between forum members, let alone the admin of this site.

As much as you didn't want to come off sounding like an ass, you did.

So, if you think this forum isn't for you, I can recommend a few others that you might try.

nate-bama
August 15th, 2009, 06:41 PM
so i have several questions that i really cant find all of the answwers...well i have found a few but not what im looking for exactly. okay i have a 2005 ninja 250

does anyone know where i can get cheap break pads for the front breaks....and links to the how to's for changing them? and also the took that i need to take the rotars off....any clue? also my gear switched is coming loose...i dont have the wrench to tighten it....i just use a pair of plyers (sp?) any clue where i can get it? also...whats the average time/life of a chain? ive seen a few bikes that look fairly new that have had broken chains here in Phoenix....any advice/clue? kinda scares me . Whats a good gas OC to use for a 250? is 89 okay? i always thought that i should use 91 but people tell me that i should use the lowest. Are these engines not high compression? i dont know much about bikes. i just dont want pinging....and i wanna save the motor . i had been using 91 but i switched to 87 cause everyone i know with bikes use it. help me !!!

okay my breaks have been bad/out for a while....and i know i need new rotars...but for the mean time till i get some more money to get new rotars......if i use new breaks on old rotars ........will i be okay for a while? i have grooves in the rotars ....but i dont have money to replace them yet. i will replace them but cant yet. what else....? oh ya....what about clearing out and replacing the coolant ? any how to's on that? sorry for so many questions...if it were any honda car id know but bikes are all new to me.. HELP ME! TIA!!!

Lance

go here
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page
research yo sh@t

beowuff
August 17th, 2009, 12:15 PM
go here
http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page
research yo sh@t

+1

While I love this site and it's improving tech pages, the ninja250.org FAQ has been around for a long time and is probably better for pre-gens. I'd avoid their forums, though. The people here tend to be much more friendly :)

Also, my wife and I just did a ride over the Cascades to Eastern, WA. The bike does fine on trips.

kkim
August 17th, 2009, 01:01 PM
I'd avoid their forums, though.

Are you kidding??? I think an HT member w/ 6 yrs of experience would fit right in. I wish him well there.

beowuff
August 17th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Are you kidding??? I think an HT member w/ 6 yrs of experience would fit right in. I wish him well there.

Bwa ha ha! Good point... :thumbup:

GigaHz
September 4th, 2009, 05:46 PM
So is "fiberoptix" a fictitious handle or do you have any hi-tech knowledge. My response is to search for "brake pads" not "break pads". Break means to destroy, brake means to slow or stop. Also, "rotors" not "rotars" are disc brake parts. You want to stop the Ninja not destroy it. I suggest using Google to search for anything online, including a free downloadable spell checker. To answer your question Google "Kawasaki Ninja EX250 parts", or go to eBay in "Motors" section and select "Motorcycle Parts and Accessories" then enter in the search line what you want to locate. A tid-bit about computers, garbage in = garbage out. Computers can't understand when you misspell words. This is called a "Syntax Error". I learned this decades ago while I was an EET student, before the days of "Windows" and "Point and Click", you know, the days of MS-DOS, when Bill Gates was just a millionaire. But, if spelling were a high school graduation requirement, I wouldn't even have graduated. Today, I have 4 diplomas. (EET is Electrical Engineering Technology, an Applied Science degree.)

GigaHz
September 4th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Oh, by the way, Octane requirements needs to be high enough to keep the engine from pinging (Pre-ignition, detonation, or engine knock under load). If it does, then go to a higher octane rating. The use of octane boosters is very expensive. The makers claim XX amount of octane points increase. some are true, others exaggerate. 104+ claims 7 points increase in octane, it should be .7 points increase. Example 87 octane plus the booster is 87.7 advertised increase, not 87+7=94 which is what they imply. Check out this link http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/997-turbo-gt2/78456-octane-booster.html and watch your 6 for bandits sporting a bubblegum machine on top.

greg737
September 6th, 2009, 01:24 AM
While I love this site and it's improving tech pages, the ninja250.org FAQ has been around for a long time and is probably better for pre-gens. I'd avoid their forums, though. The people here tend to be much more friendly

I have to say that the only people I've seen getting the "beat down" on ninja250.org are rude people, people who won't do even the most basic research on their own, and people who state their opinions as if they are facts.

If you've got good manners and "people skills" you don't have to worry. It's a great resource for our bike.

fiberoptx
September 6th, 2009, 10:46 AM
wow i didnt know so many people would be getting butt hurt. As to my spelling, I was a bit drunk the night of the post. I apologize for how I came off...perhaps the alcohol also impared my searching ability. Well actually the only two people I will apologize to is Alex and kkim. Alex for me being so rude to. And to kkim cause he has some good answers/threads.(thumbsup) Hope you two accept. To everyone else....take it easy. haha looking back I kinda wish I had the option to delete this bad boy. So, if a mod wants to...please do so. late

Alex
September 6th, 2009, 11:01 AM
No worries. Hang in there, Fiber. :thumbup:

/thread closed.