View Full Version : Scorpion-Ninja's Trips & Pics!

ScorpionNinja
August 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Here are some Pics taken during night out in Port Huron/Marysville, Mi.
On Mon Aug.10th 2009!

I took my GF Dawn out with me for my First 2-Up Ride!!! :D

We started out going around the Sub-divison first to get a feel of what a passenger is like,etc. So then we headed East on 23 Mile... and rode on and on and on down M-29 North bound. Passed through algonac,marysville and finally stopped at a lil Parking lot in Port Huron, right off M-29 & near 10th street! This was the first time taking night shots with my New Cannon: Powershot A1000 IS, lol so :p

some i deleted due to them being totally DARK and crappy! I wish i had a tripod or a Person to take them of us. All of these wear taken with my Camera sitting on the ground, proped up alil with a cig-butt i found on the ground... lol .... or a park bench,etc!

Enjoy! :D

Looking over at Canada, Sarnia i think, a Factory!

This was taken with self timer on, with my camera proped up with a Cig butt off the ground! :hehe:
Nate again...
These next 2 were taken with my camera on selftimer & 2 shots mode,sittin' on the Curb. Damn Flash only works up to like 7'. We were back far enuff downhill,so the Pic didnt chop our heads off! :woot: If the damn grass wasnt so tall and in front of the camera, i think it wouldve turned out alil better, kinda like the shadowy 2 figures with reflective gear on! :devil:

These next 2 were taken with camera on selftimer & 2 shots mode, sittin' on a park bench! These came out nice i think. I had to rid the Massive 'RED EYES' i had once i got home and DL'd these pics into my PC! :heh:

and here is my New Favorite, Best Pic (to date) of Nate!!! Taken from the same park bench.

Id like to Note: All these Pics were set for 4MPs! :thumbup:

Snake
August 16th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Very cool pics.

HA-Y-N NINJA
August 16th, 2009, 02:28 PM
nice pics!!

lockie
August 16th, 2009, 02:36 PM
sounds like a nice ride. thank for the pics

ScorpionNinja
August 16th, 2009, 03:43 PM
aye thanks guys! yea hopefully ill get better at taken Pics, as i get used to the cameras settings and stuff. one thing i knew going into taking pics with this camera, is most of the time its Best to manually set things for taking Pics, vs just using the 'AUTO' or 'EASY' mode all the time. I try to take 2 pics of everything, 1 AUTO, and 1 with afew things set manually and Compare em'.

Ohhh matter of fact.... i now have a Tripod!!! my GF got this from her mom or sumin', and gave it to us to use! :thumbup:

It might be bulky, but tahts what the Bungie Net is for. lol

Its a SLIK* U5000 & was FREE!!! lol
Legs expand as show in the 2 diff shots, also cool... (as im writing this)... i found the NECK of the tripod expands also...5" or so higher if needed! SWEET :thumbup:
Cool... and the other 2 knobs on top, are More angle adjusting things! :D

Helmet shows how small it goes down too. It does fit... barely into a normal sized-Kids school, Backpack. thou i cant really put much more into it (fits in at an Odd angle, but Zips up)

It has a Screw on top (shown in pic) that screws into the bottom of my camera...for a totally firm,stable fit while Taking a Shot!

ScorpionNinja
August 25th, 2009, 06:44 PM
AUG. 24th 2009 @ Shores Inn

djbeers and i, met up for Lunch. I havent been there in 10 yrs, when i used to Bar hop that area with my old friends! :D

After Lunch we cruised down to Daves house. He showed me his other BMW touring bike. We hung out for afew hours, had a Beer. Then as it started to get dark, i said bye and headed off for home! I took Lakeshore rd. (Jefferson) north just bout the whole way home for the Scenic route! Didnt stop for Pics as along lakeshore and the water, there isnt a sideway or anything to pull over and do so. :(

Heres dave "Stealing my Bike!!!" - he was just putting my key in as i stopped to take afew quick pictures before we headed out!:eek: :hehe:

kkim
August 25th, 2009, 07:01 PM
You're pretty brave. I would never leave my helmet perched up on the tank that way. :eek:

ScorpionNinja
August 25th, 2009, 07:18 PM
AUG. 25th 2009 @ Hamlin Pub -Chesterfield,Mi.

My GF-Dawn and I, met up with dave (djbeers) for Dinner there!
TUES's their special is a $4.99 Burger w/FF's, One 12oz. Beer,Pop,Tea,etc! :thumbup:

After dinner we went outside and hung out for 2 hrs checking out the bikes. There was 35 or so sportbikers there, with afew HDs.

My Nate parked next to someones Black ninja 250R!

My Nate, next to daves HP2

There was quite afew more sportbikes down LEFT of the HDs, but i didnt get any Pics of em (low battery)

My GF, Dawn in front of Hamlin pub, next to my bike!

my GF took this pic of me, thou it came out like ****. I look like i have all Grey hair and stuff! :heh: :eek:

ScorpionNinja
August 25th, 2009, 07:23 PM
You're pretty brave. I would never leave my helmet perched up on the tank that way. :eek:

hehe, my silver EXO-400 has fallen 2x from the gas tank. Only cuz i bump the bike while putting on my gloves. I just stepped away for afew Pics :P

kkim
August 25th, 2009, 08:12 PM
yep, I always hang the helmet on the right hand mirror or handlebar. I don't trust anyone knocking the bike and the helmet falling from that height.

neat pics, btw... thanks. :thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
August 26th, 2009, 08:09 AM
yep, I always hang the helmet on the right hand mirror or handlebar. I don't trust anyone knocking the bike and the helmet falling from that height.

neat pics, btw... thanks. :thumbup:

thanks, YW!

Oh hey, ive been looking for some kinda 'helmet strap/loop extenders' do you know of any? ummm i think twisted throttle.com had a helmet holder Licence Plate bracket, hangs 2 helmets on either side of the rear tire, but im not sure if it was for 250R. If i ride solo, i usually just hang my helmet off the left passenger footpeg, thou its tricky if windy! lol :)

djbeer
August 27th, 2009, 05:18 AM
thanks, YW!

Oh hey, ive been looking for some kinda 'helmet strap/loop extenders' do you know of any? ummm i think twisted throttle.com had a helmet holder Licence Plate bracket, hangs 2 helmets on either side of the rear tire, but im not sure if it was for 250R. If i ride solo, i usually just hang my helmet off the left passenger footpeg, thou its tricky if windy! lol :)

I have a helmet lock that attaches to your handle bars. Dave you can try it if you want.
Djbeer

cifex
August 27th, 2009, 07:09 AM
You can lock the helmet under the pillion. No additional equipment necessary.

djbeer
August 27th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I do not know if the helmet lock works. It is for an 1 inch bar.
Djbeer

cifex
August 27th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I'd never used it before but last weekend I met my friend and his girl up at Lake Ontario. She has a 08 250R and she clipped the little metal D-Ring on the helmet right under the seat and it held the helmet perfectly. I've been using my snowboard lock or I just leave it on the Ventura rack. My helmet is cheap and not cool enough to steal.

rockNroll
August 27th, 2009, 07:32 AM
My helmet sits next to my plate (or empty seat) when I go some place to eat :D Nice pix! :thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
September 5th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Heres Pics of when Dawn and i went for a 2UP trip to Port Sanilac, Mi.

We rode the same route along M-29 through Port Huron like the week prior, but kept on going north on M-25! Enjoy..

Taken at Palmer Park, just South of Downtown Port Huron!

This path looks like you can buy a Brick to have a Loved one remembered! :(

These are taken from the very same spot we pulled over at Night time the other weekend, Afew Miles north of Palmer Park! Not pretty in the day time... Factory over in Canada.

At A&W in Lexington, Mi. We stopped for some Food and a Butt break! :D

This guy looked like Santa Claus or Kenny Rogers...lol had to take a Pic of him! :D

Alex
September 5th, 2009, 07:20 PM
:kewlpics:

ScorpionNinja
September 5th, 2009, 07:41 PM
These were taken in Port Sanilac, Mi. Stopped at a place along the road and Lake Huron for a Break & Pics!

These taken in auto mode 3 in a row!

This one i took looking down the Cliff... its like a 50' drop (i climbed over the Fence to take it) :eek:

Same spot near the cliff, leading down to a dirt path for a walk along the shore... we didnt cuz the Bugs were starting to come out and EAT us! :mad:

Now these were taken during our return route along M-25 and M-29 (same way we took out) at Night time! Yucckky Yucckky Bugs, took a butt break and for me to Clear my Visor!

Last two here, taken somewhere near the East China Twp. or Algonac area, its a persons driveway! In the day time, i remembered passing this but i thought it was Gargoyles! Afew Miles down the road after we took these, dawn spotted the Gargoyles, but i was cold and tired, didnt feel like turning around to go take some Pics with them! (I'll do so in the future weekends before Winter comes)

ScorpionNinja
September 5th, 2009, 08:09 PM
I met up with djbeers @ Dooley's in Roseville, Mi. for a hang out, have some Dinner! After we left, dave wanted to head home so i followed him then waved bye, but kept cruising Lakeshore Rd. It was nice and pretty at Night.
I wanted to stop and take Pics along the road/water, but there ISNT a damn sidewalk or anything along the waterside. There is a sidewalk on the otherside with the houses but Pics wouldnt turn out with the distance being too far and traffic blurring by!!! :mad:

After turning around to head to this Church for Pics, a Cop followed me for a bit, but there was another sportbiker w/ LEDs On next to me in the other lane and he pulled him over! :thumbup:

These didnt turn out well, oh well :mad:

This one @ Dooley's (Notice my taillight isnt on) - see other tech post on why -

ScorpionNinja
September 5th, 2009, 08:20 PM
I rode up to met djbeers & sugarbear up @ Hamlins Pub in Chesterfield, for some Dinner and fun! Dawn met us up there later on after getting outta work late.
I got there about 630pm, dave & carol got there about 7pm.

dave & carol just arriving! My Nate to the Left!

Carols BMW (left), Daves HP2 (mid), My Nate (right)

Heres a ZX-6R with LEDs and a Halo headlight kit!

Heres a ZX-14 with LEDs! :thumbup:

Alex
September 6th, 2009, 08:15 AM
More great pics, Dave! :clapping:

ScorpionNinja
September 9th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Dawn and i out for a ride. First we rode up M-29 again, to find those Gargoyles we saw the other weekend!!!

Then we rode to the DQ off Hall Rd/north ave. Dawn got a ice cream cone, as i got my Chocolate Shake! We then rode to the Graveyard where my Grandma's buried. (my moms, mother - passed away years ago when i was 14-15) RIP "gamma at the lake" :(

Then we rode around for a bit before heading for home!

ScorpionNinja
September 9th, 2009, 07:55 PM
Carol, Me & Dawn @ Arts/Beats/Eats Festival in downtown Pontiac,Mi. !!!

Admission $2,
Parking $8 (carport, no rain on the Ninjas)
Rained during the ride down Hall Rd,
Grey skies all day,
Hung out with Carol despite the ****** weather,
Got to see Puddle of Mudd Rock out!!!

PRICELESS!!!!! :D :thumbup:

Heres some PICs i took of that day. I did try out and make 4 VIDEO REC.'s, but my PC is only 40GB HD. with all my PICs ive taken since ive got my Camera, i Cant DL those 4 Videos onto my PC atm. Im going to look into a External HD (120GB) $70? Ill use the external HD to keep all my PICs/Videos on, while saving my 40GB PC HD space for PC stuff! :thumbup:

I have the 4 Videos of puddle of mudd on my other 4GB VC. So once im able to DL them to the PC and such, ill post them up on here!

I did view them on my Camera. Their not too good quality, but it was my first time using the Video/Film feature, so ill read up more on it and post up better Videos in the Future! Stay Tuned!!!

ScorpionNinja
September 11th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Pics of the band Puddle of Mudd! @ Arts, Beats & Eats in Pontiac, Mi.

The lil kid in the Blue hat, got to sit on top Wesley's shoulders during a song, and got to sing along into the Mic at one part! How cool would that be? ... lucky damn kid :lol:

These 2 taken on Top of the parking/stage the band played!

djbeer
September 12th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Carol, Me & Dawn @ Arts/Beats/Eats Festival in downtown Pontiac,Mi. !!!

Admission $2,
Parking $8 (carport, no rain on the Ninjas)
Rained during the ride down Hall Rd,
Grey skies all day,
Hung out with Carol despite the ****** weather,
Got to see Puddle of Mudd Rock out!!!

PRICELESS!!!!! :D :thumbup:

Heres some PICs i took of that day. I did try out and make 4 VIDEO REC.'s, but my PC is only 40GB HD. with all my PICs ive taken since ive got my Camera, i Cant DL those 4 Videos onto my PC atm. Im going to look into a External HD (120GB) $70? Ill use the external HD to keep all my PICs/Videos on, while saving my 40GB PC HD space for PC stuff! :thumbup:

I have the 4 Videos of puddle of mudd on my other 4GB VC. So once im able to DL them to the PC and such, ill post them up on here!

I did view them on my Camera. Their not too good quality, but it was my first time using the Video/Film feature, so ill read up more on it and post up better Videos in the Future! Stay Tuned!!!

This is a much better deal. 1 Tb external for $80.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A1319014&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378

sugarbear
September 12th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Hey, Dave & Dawn...
Thanks again for rockin' along with me to Puddle of Mudd!!! thumbup:
Great pics too. I'm glad you got some good ones of Wesley for me<LOL>
ScorpionNinja - you tha Man!:cool:
L8R
Carol (aka Sugarbear):p

ScorpionNinja
September 17th, 2009, 01:38 PM
This is a much better deal. 1 Tb external for $80.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A1319014&cs=04&c=us&l=en&dgc=BF&cid=7421&lid=197378

oh cool dave, ill have to hit up Best BUy or another place and look into 1 of those man! :D

djbeer
September 17th, 2009, 01:53 PM
oh cool dave, ill have to hit up Best BUy or another place and look into 1 of those man! :D

This is cheaper with free shipping for $75.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/System_Drives/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=A1899658&dgc=BF&cid=27740&lid=1262344&acd=10706568-552179-1040555-2-0-ARTICLE-0

ScorpionNinja
October 4th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Sat i met up with djbeerz & we headed off to a BMW event in Canton!

It rained and was cloudy most of the day, thou the sun did peak out afew times 2pm+ (this was also the first time i got to use my New magnetic Tank Bag! I just got it this past Friday) :woot:

I signed up and got to Demo Ride a 2009 BMW F650GS! (blue bike below)
It looks like a funky future Dirt bike, but handles just as good as our 250Rs, with Way more Power! It even has Heated Handgrips! :thumbup: It felt very comfy to ride, clutch & shifting was Very Very Smooth. If i had Money to toss around, id heavily consider getting one, but... until i win the Lotto... :heh:

We left the BMW dealer then stopped by his house for a min, then went to the Shores Inn for sumin to eat! On my way home after that, while taking Jefferson northward, i stopped at the End of south river road at the boat launch and took some Pics!

To the north was a HUGE rain storm, so i waited it out as i watched it pass over Lake St. Clair! Then i took south river road west to downtown mt. clemens, along the way there was some fun curves but couldnt fully Enjoy them due to the SUN setting in the west, blazing light in my eyes making seeing hard. So i kinda took it slow n safe!

My bike & daves HP2 OMG look how Fat his Tire is compared to my Ninja!:D
I had the only 'non-BMW' bike there! :thumbup:

Heres some ppl just starting to go on a Demo group ride! I believe the RED bike in the middle of this Pic, is that F800ST (sportbike) one!!! :thumbup:

Heres the 2009 BMW F650GS i took for a Demo ride!

Heres a neat lil sidecar for a BMW bike (dunno what kind) Cute isnt it? :p

My bike sportin' my New Mag Tank Bag!

ScorpionNinja
October 4th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Wow, ive never let Nate get this Dirty before! Till now :lmao:
Carol is this a Sin? Whens the last time you saw my Nate like this? :D

I rode to work this morning, couple this with Sats trip & how Muddy the Road is on my street... EVEN as i try and do 5 MPH to NOT get my Nate all Dirty, it still did!!! :o :(

Alex
October 4th, 2009, 05:57 PM
:kewlpics:

ScorpionNinja
October 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Tomorrow MON - Oct. 5th, looks like a Nice 60-65 degree Warm, Mostly Sunny day!
After work, ill power wash some of the BAD mudd off, before getting home and doing my normal, Cleaning!

Forecast this week so far shows MON (for now) is the only non rain day! :mad:

Tues,Weds,Thurs,Fri calls for RAIN each! :wtf:

ScorpionNinja
October 17th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Oct. 10th, 2009! (SAT)

Dawn and i, rode out to the Palace of Auburn Hills to watch the Pistons kick off the preseason (and B-ball season) with a FREE Open Practice!

I took video and pics of the pistons playing ball, but they turned out ******. so i wont bother posting them!

After we left the Palace, we decided to stop at the YATEs CIDER MILL for some Cider and Donuts!

(We rode past it on the way to the pistons, Boy o Boy it melt GOOD!)

We stood in line for like an Hour, as if we were in Russia and in the bread line!
This place was busy as hell, yet earlier when we past it en route to the Palace, it was Dead! heh
Parking was NP, as Nate was able to slim past the Traffic blocking 23mile rd. :D then into Yates parking lot!!! :thumbup:

After eating and drinking our cider & donuts, we walked along the nature trail. It was nice! You can see its Fall (my favorite time of year)
Once we got back from the walk, we spotted a HUGE St. Bernard Dog, wearing the BARREL and All!!! :D

Midway home, at a redlight i asked dawn if she wanted to check out a Road i found cruising afew weeks ago. So off to the Northern Armada area we went!
We past Blakes Orchard then downtown Armada, Mi.
We then stopped for a butt break at the Berville Hotel, in Berville, Mi. :thumbup:
I took some Pics!

Next we came up to the part of that Road ive found, at the 'SS' Curve!!
I pulled off the road and had dawn hop off. I setup the camera settings and gave my camera to Dawn to take 'Action' shots of me Riding Nate!
They didnt come out good. :(:mad::o

After the Failed attempt at pics, dawn was getting cold and tired... so we started for home! We made it to Gratiot and took that south, back to home!
All in all, we both had a Blast and an Awesome time!!! :thumbup:

Heres the Pics of that day!

At the Palace of Auburn Hills,Mi.

@ Yates Cider Mill! Just off 23mile rd & Dequinder

This is that St. Bernard Doggie! Hes HUGEEE!!! :D

Taken from Yates Cider Mills Nature Trail out back!

Nate parked where NO Car/Truck can!!! :thumbup:
Lots of ppl had to look at it close up, i wonder if any kiddies Dare Touched Nates Spikes!!! :devil:

ScorpionNinja
October 17th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Oct. 10th, 2009! (MORE)

Berville, Mi. @ The Berville Hotel
-during a butt break! :p

Heres dawns attempt at gettin' Pics of me on Nate! :mad:
She didnt have the camera skills! Im bummed, oh well maybe someone out there can take some Good ones of me around Curves,etc?

ScorpionNinja
July 26th, 2010, 01:08 PM
The DUDE arrives!!! :D

Fourm member Josh shipped "The Dude" to me, too take along rides on my Bike!
Took some Pics during a trip to Gibraltar in Mt. Clemens Bike Night.

(it was dead, no bikes there)

Matt & I stopped up at a DQ later that night out in New Baltimore.

Ewwww fishflies where everywhere this time of year! *SPLATs on Visor* :eek:

ScorpionNinja
July 26th, 2010, 01:59 PM
We did a group ride out to this years "Blessing of the Bikes, in Hell" - Hell, Mi. :D

Dawn and I, Carol, Matt & Ron all rode out for this one!
It was Hot that day. Of all 5,000+ bikes, i think there was ONLY 8-9 Sportbikes there total, including ours! :lol:

Harley haters glore that day! :cool:

The Blessing was held @ Hells Creek Ranch. (it functions as camping grounds these days, not an actual ranch/farm, i think.)

We started the morning out at our meeting spot, for some Pancakes and breakfast!!! Dude was hungry and ate all Matts food! :hungry:

*Behold, ass in chaps!* :lol:

I took the Dude with us also! :thumbup:

Carol bought him a 666 pendant... :devil:

Ron posed for and with the Dude in some... :photo:

BATMANs motorcycle made a special apperance too!!! :nerd:

At the end of the trip before we all broke off on the highway to go our separate ways, we made one last stop at the place where Last year Betty's BMW broke down!

Ninjas Always Start!!! :woot:

ScorpionNinja
July 26th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I took the day around with me on his last day here in Michigan, before shipping him off to the next forum member to share on their trips!

*Dudes got a lil' CAPTAIN IN HIM!* :devil:

*dUDES got a Gun!!!*

ScorpionNinja
July 26th, 2010, 02:29 PM
BMW Betty's Wed-Dinners!

I met up with betty and sugarbear for the weekly wed-dinner!

There was a couple that traveled all the way from New Zealand there, that night! :welcome:

They are part of the BMW motorcycle club, but took a trip over to the US, with their first stop... DETROIT! :fear:

Food was good, afterwards several of us, including busa bob, betty, sugarbear and I, headed off for some Ice cream!!! :hungry:

Sugarbear debued her new Pink Helmet Mohawk
shes now an official ... :squid: :lol:

ScorpionNinja
July 26th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Another Thurs @ the RO!

Matt and his friend Katie, Ron and I, all met up down at the RO*

We rode to rons house, then matt and I, rode down to RO to hang out and walk around for afew hours!

Matt left for home, while i rode back over to Rons. Ron and his GF and family n kids, went to watch the Royal oak Fireworks show!

After that, we went back to rons. Where he showed me his crib and told me about his movie star life as a Bigger than Hugh Jackman actor! :D

* Pink Ninja 2010 250R???*

*someone loves Boxing so much...

ScorpionNinja
July 26th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Gibraltar Bike Nite! (FRI)

Dawn and I went to Gibraltars bike nite!

As always, its a Harley fest, but i still like looking at all the bikes. It does make me laugh when im the only sportbike there! :heh:

*Bike Nite raffles: Fri= 2009 Kawasaki Vulcan Custom 900/ Sat= 2009 Honda CBR600RR*

*Drawing the Winners for each on Oct. 8th & 9th, 2010!*

ScorpionNinja
July 27th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Finally did the Irish Hills ride!

The morning started rainy, but cleared up by 10AM.

Only Carol came with dawn and I.

So we headed out after meeting, taking 696/275/US14,etc.

We passed through the cities of Dexter, Chelsa, Pinckney,Cement city, Irish hills, Brighton, South Lyon, etc. We rode by Michigan International Speedyway too! :thumbup:

The 3 of us, didnt do much of stopping at places to take pics, we rode and rode and rode... finally would take a break, eat or whatnot! :D

I rode around 292 total miles, from start to finish from Sunday! :woot:

The more we 2UP on the 250R, the more i WISH i had a different, more comfy, longer riding bike!!! :p

We stopped at Artiesan Wells to eat. Theres also a pretty big motorcycle dealership next to it. They have EVVERYTHING MOTORCYCLES inside!
Harleys, Hondas, Yamahas, Suzuki,Victory,Kawasaki, you name it. ;)

After Lunch, we headed off to ride around Irish hills some more. Took 1 more break then we headed off to met up with carols BMW club friends out in Pinckney, also dinner @ Chef Chris' BBQ! <plug plug> :lol:

Once there, i got to finally met her friend Beemo! aka Dave. Along with another Dave! :eek: lol, it was pretty funny, Dawn, Dave X-3.

After we ate, 2 other BMW club members stopped in, whom Beemo knew! :D Beemo knows EVERYONE, is what i picked up on. He must ride a ton of miles!
Heh, we are gonna try and hook up for a group ride with them before summer ends. It might be for the Cheeseburger Fest in Caseville AUG-14-15.

So once dinner was over, we all "kicked our bikes tires" for 15 mins, with Beemo and the others.
Good people.

Fired up the Ninjaz... (they always start Betty - if your reading this :p ) hehee

and started our long trip home, well that and SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY we just had to stop for what else.... ICE CREAM!!! :crazyloco:

Found a DQ in Brighton, took a break and found a Creek, Pond, Graveyard behind DQ!!! :wtfsign:

There was a black Viper RT10 parked near our bikes!
DQ was packed, took 5 years in line!!!! :yell:

Oh... cant forget about the "Beaver" and "AFFLAC" out back! :photo:

ScorpionNinja
August 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
We met up at the Mc-D's in Royal oak. Maury, MC BMW Beemers - took over being the lead, cuz pete couldnt make it, due to a family ER!

Went over a basic layout of the roads that we're taking and geared up!

Carol was on her blue 250R, other guys were on their BMW's too. 6 bikes total, 7 people. The other BMWs i think were 2004-2008 RT1200's, while Maury was on a 2008 KT1150?
(basically maurys bike was MINUS trunk/saddle bags)

Before we got to I-696 i was able to sneak into 2nd position, behind our Group Leader. I wasnt trying to race or anything, i just felt the need to See if my tiny ass 250R could hang with (or close too) Maury during this whole trip!
I have no ego, nor would i try to ride outside my comfort level. PLUS +, i have my Honeybun on back and dont wanna be :squid:-ing, running the risk of hurting/killing Me, her or ANYONE in the group!!! :thumbup:

Highway, took I-696, then I-96, then M-5, M-36?, etc, etc. After that point i cant remember the path. :lol:

Once we get into downtown Milford, we had to take a detour. All because of a stupid bicycle rally, with dudes in speedoz on 10-speeds! :puke:
Maury was bummed, cuz he said we MISSED alot of Fun curves. The detour took us around the outskirts of GM or Chryslers proving grounds. You could see parts of the Track through the trees. At one point, (didnt stop to get a pic) you could see a 'half-pipe' looking curve. MAN i wish i could ride my 250R on that track! :D

We rode about 70-80 miles than, came to a gas station/Subway and took a much needed butt break! (GF hates 2-up on the 250R) :heh:
I think we were just off M-36 and near the corner where D-19 road goes, to take you south to HELL, Mi. :devil:

So about some 25 miles after our break, half of the group got stuck back at a red light. So when Maury and I, pulled over to wait for them...

:woot: BAM! 10,000 + miles!

So once we got to Stockbridge, we found an area to park!

Soon after getting off our bikes, the BMW fellaz were hungry and headed over to Stockbridge Dinner. :hungry:

At that time, fourm member Brenton came over to me and introduced himself! :D

At first i thought, cool, im not 10 sec's off my bike and a nice local is greeting us! :)

Brent had his Black 250R parked right across the street from me.

Brent, gas'in up his 250 before going home!

After Brent, Carol and I got past the introductions, we wandered around checking out the small 2 block area of Events!

They had stunt riders, (not as good as my local, Spaded Stunt Team - plug for Josh) :D

Dyno tester, (costed $25 p/use) 8548

Motorcycle dealership vendors, Redlinesuperbike's Team, etc.

Once all of us were ready, geared up and headed home. Took mostly M-36 back, worked our way towards I-96. Suddenly my GF needed to get off the bike ER!
So i pulled over at a gas station near I-96 and carol followed. The rest of the MC BMW fellaz went on home. I felt bad cuz i didnt get a chance to :wave: bye-bye to them!

Maury was very impressed with my 250R. :thumbup:
I was able to keep up with him in the corners (while 2-UP) and on the highway. Heh, if Maury gave it full throttle, then i'd be a SPEC in his rearview mirror!
I'll have to talk to him and the other guys about the trip, once i see him at the next Betty BMW Wed-Dinner meetings around town!

So Carol, Dawn and I, rode North to find a Mc-D's for a Drink. We ended up out in Brighton off US-23/M-59. (i think)
Once inside, i just HAD to have a Pic of me sittin' on those "Burger seats". :pound:

After our break, we werent ready to go home just yet. So Carols never been through Harvey Lake road off M-59. Matt and I, have done that road several times. Theres some Fun roads to be had around there.
We geared up and rode off to Harvey Lake road!
Now, some of you guys (Ron, Matt, etc) must be thinking...
NO DQ STOPS? :confused: :mad:

Well now, i showed Carol the infamous DQ in Holly, that Matt and I, have been too MANY TIMES!!! :pound:

Then, once with a belly FULL of DQ.... we rode More!

I took Carol along the Grange hall road, ortonville, oakwood, M-24, lakeville, and Finally north on Rochester road for those curves!
Rode north till the curves ended (around Dryden), turned around then headed back south through Rochester road again! :D
At this point it was starting to get darker out. Dusk was just starting around us, since the Trees were blocking the leftover sunlight............

Hung a left on 32 mile and hit acouple curves on 32 mile, before we pulled into Downtown Romeo! Or, the Village of Romeo. Thursday Bike Nites happen here at this very spot!

We geared up and started home!
:llama: (Deer) are starting to roam this time! :scared: It was about 10PM at this time! :eek:

took 32 mile to S. North ave, where we broke off and :wave: bye-bye to eachother!

I put on about 265 miles total from this trip! :cool:

Brently7785
August 3rd, 2010, 07:36 AM
Was a great weekend for riding! Thanks for meeting up with me and it was great to meet with you guys. Great write up as well and nice amount of riding in a day! Give me a ring and we will do some more riding.

can you email me all of the pics from Stockbridge? brenton.lameira@us.army.mil