View Full Version : What is your proudest moment, upgrade, memory, with your Ninjette? Story or pic's.

1wardogusmc
June 1st, 2016, 01:14 PM
Getting my wife into riding so I can always have a riding buddy. We both started on a used 2010 250, I moved on to a 2010 ZX10 and she's now on a 2015 300.

SLOWn60
June 1st, 2016, 01:49 PM
Schooling 600cc riders that are half my weight! :cool:

NevadaWolf
June 1st, 2016, 02:51 PM
I have that recorded right here: https://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1046932#post1046932

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-STXxVE1_e8g/Vex3GDEgyZI/AAAAAAAAMkU/857JJWUEoFo/s640-Ic42/NCM_0828.JPG

snot
June 5th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Every time I ride and I don't fall down is a proud moment...

I have new ones every year. The year I went to Putnam for my first track day was the beginning of an addiction. Then Mid Ohio, then the Gap, all the epic rides with Ohioriders, but the best is when I ride with Hellmutt and we are both laughing at the end.

JohnnyBravo
June 5th, 2016, 11:10 AM
So far I haven't had a bad one... Had a few coulda went either way; im better off for the experience!

Dsheumaker
December 16th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Raced my 09 250 against 17 300s and finished 9th, it was my first race ever and such a great experience. Now im building a 300 so im not starting with an up hill battle haha

MrAtom
December 16th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Not my proudest, but my most interesting story is when I crashed and the throttle-side handlebar snapped off and my bike was peeing gasoline through a hole in the tank. I ziptied the handlebar to my mirror, reached under the bike to move the throttle with my fingers, and putted home. Gasoline kept getting in the scrape on my knee.

Best/only upgrades are SS line in the front and +1 sprocket in the front.

MrAtom
December 16th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Oh, another time I was going through a residential neighborhood and a black cat ran out. I braked and the cat went under the bike, through both of my wheels. Some kids were playing in their front yard and I asked them if they saw that, and they did and were happy to confirm that the cat was okay. I then dropped the bike not a mile down the road later.

That black cat crossed MY path. Not fair.

Motofool
December 17th, 2016, 12:35 PM
.........That black cat crossed MY path. Not fair.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/96/8f/e0/968fe0c81198c8dd815b386708e5fb7b.jpg

Pyro29
December 17th, 2016, 03:00 PM
When i first got my 250 it was a pile of scraps that had the hell beat out of it and had sat for about 5-6 years and i knew nothing about bikes, though i do all my own truck work. My proudest moment. So far was after id been working on it about 6 months and first heard that engine turn over and run.

VaFish
December 17th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Getting 3 of my 4 kids riding safely.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/vafish/Mobile%20Uploads/20160607_171329_1482015188689_zpsrz0tyuxv.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n75/vafish/Mobile%20Uploads/20160828_095005_zpsuczjfcpx.jpg

Although I haven't got all four of us riding at once.

Racer x
December 17th, 2016, 06:41 PM
Definitely my 123 mph run in Ohio. It took five years to get to that point and four years later I am still trying to better it.

Mechanikrazy
December 22nd, 2016, 09:38 PM
Proudest moment this year was trusting in my feel of the bike to enter turn 1 at NCBike on the outside and getting back around a liter bike.

Moment starts at 4:16
A_LO2iAViF4?t=4m16s

Namer
December 23rd, 2016, 11:50 AM
Proudest moment was when the bike started after doing pods/jets/needles/idle screw/full exhaust. Didn't start the first time, then I remembered to prime the carbs and boom! Started right up :)

Motofool
December 23rd, 2016, 12:12 PM
Proudest moment this year was trusting in my feel of the bike to enter turn 1 at NCBike on the outside and getting back around a liter bike.

Noticed that after you passed that liter bike, you started opening the throttle sooner and losing less speed within the turns.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Mechanikrazy
December 23rd, 2016, 09:51 PM
Noticed that after you passed that liter bike, you started opening the throttle sooner and losing less speed within the turns.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Haha. And the fastest 300 there is still another EIGHT seconds faster.... :bow:

snot
December 25th, 2016, 07:09 AM
That's a tough one...
Could be riding with my dad or brother with my hubby. My 1st track day, sweeping for the epic ride, gap trip.... So many.

So, I will say every time I ride and have a new experience becomes a memory.

As for upgrades... My Brocks exhaust system.

I love riding and my focus on schooling is so I can ride more in the future.... So I an afford more track time :)

Zaph42
December 25th, 2016, 08:44 AM
Getting through a race season without crashing and ending up in the hospital was my highlight from this year. From previous years....

Lol, I hate it when the sky is on the wrong side.
http://zaphaudio.com/temp/Rear_view_crash.jpg

CaliGrrl
December 25th, 2016, 01:22 PM
When the sky's on the wrong wide- LOL! I'd agree, though. The sky belongs where it belongs.

Mechanikrazy
December 27th, 2016, 11:15 AM
Getting through a race season without crashing and ending up in the hospital was my highlight from this year. From previous years....[/IMG]

No hospital is always the best. :) Spent most of a day with my buddy at two this season; definitely, not a good time, minus when the nurse asked if we were stormtroopers or something.

Jasmina
February 7th, 2017, 03:57 AM
My proudest moment was today,got my husband to join the ninjette family :D ,years of trying to convince my husband why z300 is better than a suzuki cruiser have finally paid off :D :bow:

Dsheumaker
February 7th, 2017, 08:26 AM

You gonna be racing with TPM this year?

Mechanikrazy
February 8th, 2017, 10:51 PM
You gonna be racing with TPM this year?

Maybe the May 7 round at Shenny. The rest of the GPmoto dates just don't match up for me. I'll be riding a few TPM days this year though, starting with NJMP in April. I'll be looking to learn from you guys!

JohnnyBravo
February 9th, 2017, 10:27 AM
That time I ran off through the grass an neither crashed not died... It rocked :crazy:

Sirref
February 9th, 2017, 03:50 PM
When I won my first ever CCS race in the GT Ultralight Class, as an extension when I won the 2016 GT Ultralight Championship in the Atlantic region

A close second is when I got my ninja running again after blowing the motor at Shenandoah circuit

Dsheumaker
February 13th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Just thought about another Proudest moment for myself. I remember when i first started riding and i thought about how it was crazy that these guys could drag knees on the track and what not. This past year i got my elbow down for the first time while not crashing and not on any curbing. Its the small things that help us realize how much we all progress in our sport.

DanteCoal
March 1st, 2017, 09:01 PM
Sentimental - Started dating my girlfriend around 6/mo ago, who was scared of bikes. She now loves to ride on the back of my 300.

Technical - All at once I replaced my brake lines (ABS), installed sliders, and learned that my old '86 250 had WAY more wiggle room when it came time to work.

Knowledge - Learned the value of combining an accurate tire gauge, with a new exhaust (Coffman Shorty), and LOT of weight reduction mods. My MPG went up a great deal. ^_^

CaliGrrl
March 4th, 2017, 11:52 PM
Sentimental - Started dating my girlfriend around 6/mo ago, who was scared of bikes. She now loves to ride on the back of my 300.

Next step- get her her own license and bike! :)

Technical - All at once I replaced my brake lines (ABS), installed sliders, and learned that my old '86 250 had WAY more wiggle room when it came time to work.

Good job on doing your own work! I'm finding it very satisfying (sometimes frustrating, too) to do my own work. I know exactly what I did, though!