View Full Version : World of Warcraft vs Ninja 250R

ScorpionNinja
August 16th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Hey, maybe some of you are, were like me? I used to play WoW pretty often (a ton in the winter months) until April 20th,2009 when i got Nate!!!

My brother still plays it, then starts to bug me to get back into it Today!
I told him once winter starts (i work at a golf course, im a seasonal worker) then ill have Lots o Time for Wowin'.

So if anyone here has or does play Wow... what Realms do you guys play on and such? cuz perhaps this winter (while our bikes in storage) we can play and have some Fun killing time, until Spring returns for our 250R time!!! :heh:
:thumbup:

ScorpionNinja
August 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I play mainly on Rexxar (PvE)
I play 2nd most on Boulderfist (PvP)
I have afew lvl40s on Hyjal (PvE) <Thou i havent played them in 2-3 Years>

emt250
August 16th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I played on...Argent Dawn, Alleria and Coilfang. The most recent was on coilfang, though I haven't played in a little over a year now.

andrewexd
August 16th, 2009, 11:23 PM
im glad I didnt get into WOW, mostly because of the monthly cost which is a no no for me. I used to play games ALOT when I was in middle school but after a while I got bored of them. Only games I play now are nba 2k9, burnout paradise and oblivion (stopped oblivion a while ago though).

Wade
August 17th, 2009, 12:43 AM
i play Dath'Remar

k-os
August 17th, 2009, 12:56 AM
Started when it first came out, played on Alleria and had a warrior. Stopped playing right before BC came out, and started playing again a couple weeks after Wrath came out. I now play a warlock on Dalvengyr. Recently I haven't been playing much. Getting ready for school to start.

binlagin
August 17th, 2009, 04:10 AM
I had over 400 days played on a single character... I havn't logged in since i picked up my Ninja. Hope that doesn't chagne when the snow starts flying...

Wow is evil... and it has been tailored to much for n00bs

Apex
August 17th, 2009, 04:40 AM
I'm on Lightbringer. Joined over there due to high population (and a friend of mine who got me into the game was on there) so there is always SOMETHING going on. I keep seeing dead Horde in SW. :D

Yes, I play the alliance.

WoW tailored for noobs? They just are making it easier for people to level (need some kind of incentive to have noobs stay around. Grinding for levels will bore many people. So they are just making it easier to level. I'm sure the Epic Rider at 40 is a great thing to many (if they can afford it). They did nerf a ton of stuff that used to be rather difficult though. Still fun for me to play.

ScraitT
August 17th, 2009, 06:25 AM
I never got into Wow, it just never interested me in the least.

Right now I play a little bit of guild wars, maybe 1-2 nights a week.

I also played Runescape for quite a few years, but it's been quite a while since I played that, but I still have a couple of accounts there.

Cali619
August 17th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Tried WoW but prefer EQ2

Apex
August 17th, 2009, 07:07 AM

I also played Runescape for quite a few years, but it's been quite a while since I played that, but I still have a couple of accounts there.
I've had a long time love for mid evil times. The whole Merlin, Sir Lancelot, etc...

Things like that have always interested me. I'm a big fan of Harry Potter as well. So it really doesn't surprise me that my friend got me addicted to WoW. I try to play it at least 2 days a week for a couple of hours. I'm working on a Human Female warrior right now. Always nice to see a girl kick some butt. lol

Next I think I'll level my male Draenei Paly.

bob706
August 17th, 2009, 07:12 AM

Guild Wars FTW! No fees FTW! I tried one of WOWs free trials and just couldn't get into it. I tried Eve Online and wished I could have gotten into it because it looks so cool but compared to GW is way more complicated. City of Villans was disappointing.

BlueTyke
August 17th, 2009, 07:20 AM
I have never gotten into WoW-crack... Big Role Player though :)

ScraitT
August 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Guild Wars FTW! No fees FTW!

Thats exactly why I decided to try Guild Wars. Some friends wanted to find something new, and I agreed on GW because its only $20 for the game and no monthly fees. Wow almost costs that monthly, which is the biggest turnoff about the game for me.

Runescape has a free and members version. I do have one members account, but it's only $5 a month, which isn't nearly as bad. But the free version of the game is quite large itself, so you can play for quite a while to see if you decide on getting members or not, which is a nice aspect.

bob706
August 17th, 2009, 09:11 AM
Wow almost costs that monthly, which is the biggest turnoff about the game for me.
Wow must be doing something right cause they have way more subscribers than GW. How does Runescape stack up against GW?

ScraitT
August 17th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Wow must be doing something right cause they have way more subscribers than GW. How does Runescape stack up against GW?

They are two completely different games, you really can't compare them.

Runescape is the second largest game world wide (Wow is number 1), so I guess that could say enough about the game. It have great gameplay, which to me is what matters. Most people trying to put the game down focus on "poor" graphics. In reality, it is a game that runs in your browser that is Java based, and it is by far the most advanced Java game in the world. When you look at it from that point (no downloads, strictly run online) its graphics are pretty amazing. I personally have never liked Wow's graphics anyways, but that may be because I was always a runescape player.
The game itself is huge. I have played almost 8 years and I'm not even close to maxing my character out. There are of course those who have, but they play 12+ hour days for years. There's over 20 skills in the game to work on from combat to fishing, to crafting, and thieving. I think that is what makes the game great, when you get tired or bored, there's always a variety of other skills to work on.

GW im fairly new to. I just reached level 20 and I'm about half way through the mission part of the game. I'm not sure how far it goes after that since I'm still new to the game. The world is definitely huge, but there isn't much to actually do in the game aside from the quests and missions. I play 1 night a week and in 3 months I'm past half way. This game so far looks like I'll be done and bored of it in a couple of months, but who knows.

bob706
August 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I will definitely check Runescape out. GW pve does get a little boring but the pvp makes up for the questing gring.

Apex
August 17th, 2009, 10:25 AM
All I know is that I hope Blizzard does release Diablo 3. I still run Diablo 2 on my desktop. :)

bob706
August 17th, 2009, 10:46 AM
I tried out Runescape during lunch - felt like I was playing on my old commadore 64. I'm not knocking it as I'm sure it's a good game for some but I guess GW is more my type of game.

beowuff
August 17th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I use to play WoW some time ago. It stopped being fulfilling to me pretty quick. I don't like grinding.

A few months ago, I found EVE online. MUCH better. I never feel constricted and there's no grind. I can pretty much do what ever I want. And, I found an awesome corp.

Yes, all MMOs are like crack. Very addicting. It's difficult trying to find a balance between the two lives. But, my wife kicks me in the butt every once in awhile and reminds me I have fun stuff to do here too :)

bob706
August 17th, 2009, 11:18 AM
I use to play WoW some time ago. It stopped being fulfilling to me pretty quick. I don't like grinding.

A few months ago, I found EVE online. MUCH better. I never feel constricted and there's no grind. I can pretty much do what ever I want. And, I found an awesome corp.

Yes, all MMOs are like crack. Very addicting. It's difficult trying to find a balance between the two lives. But, my wife kicks me in the butt every once in awhile and reminds me I have fun stuff to do here too :)

I found the learning curve on EVE to be too intense after playing GW. I've heard if you can make it though the tutorial the game plays great plus the fee isn't as much as wow.

beowuff
August 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I found the learning curve on EVE to be too intense after playing GW. I've heard if you can make it though the tutorial the game plays great plus the fee isn't as much as wow.

That's probably true. They just revamped the tutorial a few months ago to make it easier for noobs.

I think the game NEEDS to be complicated because they try not to restrict you from doing what you want. If I get tired of something, there's a ton of other things I can do instead.

bob706
August 17th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Cool. If they made the tut a bit more friendly I may have to give Eve another try.

Back to the original question of the thread - the bike wins over the game

beowuff
August 17th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Back to the original question of the thread - the bike wins over the game

Ha ha... I forgot that part... I ride to work at least 3 times a week. Plus rides on the weekends, means I think I spend more time on the bike then in Eve. Thus, bike wins :)

sombo
August 17th, 2009, 04:40 PM
They just are making it easier for people to level (need some kind of incentive to have noobs stay around. Grinding for levels will bore many people. So they are just making it easier to level.

Making it easier to level? Holy crap, it was already too easy to level in that game IMO. If you think that WoW's leveling is hard and takes a lot of grinding then you have obviously NEVER tried a Japanese or Korean MMORPG. You want to know what real heavy grinding for levels is then try a game called Lineage II. That games grinding for levels makes WoW look way too easy. One of my friends had some work mates that took 2 weeks off from work, played WoW the entire time and made it to max level (level 40 at the time) in those 2 weeks. If that's what you consider hard leveling and a lot of grinding then you have very little exposure to other games.

I played WoW for about 2 months and in that time got to level 30+. In Lineage II the same amount of play would have gotten about to level 20 if your lucky with a max level of 74 at the time (it's now level 80 in L2). I liked some things in WoW but felt the PVP was unrewarding compared to L2. Didn't like GW's for the PVP and the fact that it was more solo play then MMORPG. Also played Earth and Beyond back in the day, Warhammer (still have an active account for when I finally get MY computer hooked back up), and several others over the years.

The next game I want to try is Darkfall. If you haven't heard of it before I suggest you check it out on Youtube. Don't go by the info on their home page, they haven't really done a good job in updating the home page for Darkfall since they focused so much on the game.

ScraitT
August 17th, 2009, 06:24 PM
In Guild Wars I am already level 20 (max). With serious playing, someone could achieve that in under a week. I was bored one weekend, started a new player, and got from level 1 to level 15 in 2 days, and that was maybe 5 hour days (not 10+ like some people).
That's my main dislike with guild wars so far, I'm already level 20...what next?

As far as Runescape. That is a game you could grind on for ever and still not max out everything. Level 99 is the max you can get in a skill, and in 8 years I have only maxed out 3-4 skills. Level 138 is the max combat level and I have managed to make it to 132 so far. Out of the millions of account on the game, I think there are only 50-60 account maxed out with 99 everything, so it's not something easy to do.

bob706
August 17th, 2009, 06:57 PM
In Guild Wars I am already level 20 (max). With serious playing, someone could achieve that in under a week. I was bored one weekend, started a new player, and got from level 1 to level 15 in 2 days, and that was maybe 5 hour days (not 10+ like some people).
That's my main dislike with guild wars so far, I'm already level 20...what next?

Getting to lvl 20 is easy but getting the skills, armour, etc, is what you have to grind at unless you make a pvp only character. Alot of what GW is about is obtaining titles from what I can tell. And unless you are part of a good guild it will be boring.

P1NDLESK1N
August 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I haven't played WoW in forever, but I doubt I'll be jumping back into it any time soon. UOWoW (http://uowow.com/) launched a while ago, its something to check out.

I go back to GW every now and then, it's only strength in my opinion is having no monthly fees. Otherwise it gets pretty boring pretty quick.

The next game I want to try is Darkfall. If you haven't heard of it before I suggest you check it out on Youtube. Don't go by the info on their home page, they haven't really done a good job in updating the home page for Darkfall since they focused so much on the game.

I did the beta of Darkfall. It's ****** unless you are playing with a bunch of friends. Solo, and you'll frequently get caught by the gank partys or a guy who macro'ed his skills up. :(
I know they released a NA server recently though, and there has been many patches since beta. So who knows, it may be better.

sombo
August 17th, 2009, 07:45 PM
The whole getting ganked by gank parties and the cheaters is nothing new to me. I went through that in every PVP oriented game I've played thus far. You just have to learn how to live with that and try to survive to the point you can fully enjoy the complexity of the game. :thumbup:

ScraitT
August 17th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Getting to lvl 20 is easy but getting the skills, armour, etc, is what you have to grind at unless you make a pvp only character. Alot of what GW is about is obtaining titles from what I can tell. And unless you are part of a good guild it will be boring.

That might end up being my problem with the game then...i've never been big into clans/guilds on games. I play to enjoy the game when I have free time, and most guilds/clans have all these requirements of hours you need to play and blah blah blah.:rolleyes:

istreefitty
August 17th, 2009, 11:53 PM
I have a couple of 80s that are t7ed out I would like to get rid of. they are horde and also i have a few 65+ that are allys. they are transferrable and have ass tons of gold on them. hit me up for more info

zach
August 18th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I'm on Medivh. 80 shammy, and DK, and 75 Druid, and then a bunch of alts. I still pick riding the bike over playing wow, but it rains a lot this time of year, and there's not much else to do.

rage42
August 18th, 2009, 06:09 AM
huh...I don't think we have ever talked about wow on our rides Dave.

I played since launch until jan '09 on Bronzebeard, so over 4 years. I have 2 lvl 80s (Warrior tank (Main), Shadow Priest), and 2 lvl 70s (Resto Druid, Combat Rogue) The 70's were waiting their turn to be leveled up.

I don't regret a second of it either.

The game just isn't holding my attention though. If I play, I have to raid. The expansions did some pretty good things, but it made the raid game very hard to get in to...at least with competent group of players. Also no runs ended before 1 AM, and made it rough going to work the next day.

My brother still plays, and tries to get me back in. I still love the game, but there are too any things inside, and outside of the game that keep me from playing anymore.

I especially love games that I can pause/save/quit anytime, and it doesn't affect other people, and other people can't affect me...unlike wow where your position in the group might cripple them if you leave. Think of a quarterback in football leaving mid-game...can't move on until you find another quarterback...

I've been playing through fallout 3...but the game is buggy as hell. I keep looking for other interesting games, but the innovation just isn't out there these days. We'll see what Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 bring to the table.

Otherwise I'll be out zoomin around on the 250. :)

emt250
August 18th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Making it easier to level? Holy crap, it was already too easy to level in that game IMO. If you think that WoW's leveling is hard and takes a lot of grinding then you have obviously NEVER tried a Japanese or Korean MMORPG. You want to know what real heavy grinding for levels is then try a game called Lineage II.

Oh god I remember that game. Lineage II was just horrible with grind. Nothing has yet to compare with that with the exception of hell levels in the original everquest.

patw
August 18th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I have never gotten into WoW-crack... Big Role Player though :)

Pen/Paper, LARP or online (Mush/Mud/Moo)?

Ash
August 18th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Mostly Bloodscalp (PvP server) - 3 lvl 80 toons. holy/ret pally;mark/survival hunter;unholy/frost DK. I drop in for BGs and WG for resil PvP gear, some dailies for rep, marks and seals. Depends on the guildies - usually not big into arena or (PvE) instances esp PUGs.

Nny
August 24th, 2009, 06:48 AM
Been playin since release but I cancel my subscription once it gets warm out and start it back up again when it gets cold.

Used to be I would cancel so I can go skateboarding. However, I have taken down my half pipe and hanging up the board for motorcycles.

2 level 80's, a 71, and a bunch of others on several realms. Most on Baelgun though.

So much rain again this year I was considering keeping the account active for the year.

I played Everquest before WoW. I tried out warhammer online..but didn't do it for me the way WoW does.

zach
August 24th, 2009, 06:18 PM
i used to be on Baelgun too. Think I was in a guild called Spartans for a while.

Apex
August 25th, 2009, 08:49 AM
Making it easier to level? Holy crap, it was already too easy to level in that game IMO. If you think that WoW's leveling is hard and takes a lot of grinding then you have obviously NEVER tried a Japanese or Korean MMORPG. You want to know what real heavy grinding for levels is then try a game called Lineage II. That games grinding for levels makes WoW look way too easy. One of my friends had some work mates that took 2 weeks off from work, played WoW the entire time and made it to max level (level 40 at the time) in those 2 weeks. If that's what you consider hard leveling and a lot of grinding then you have very little exposure to other games.

I played WoW for about 2 months and in that time got to level 30+. In Lineage II the same amount of play would have gotten about to level 20 if your lucky with a max level of 74 at the time (it's now level 80 in L2). I liked some things in WoW but felt the PVP was unrewarding compared to L2. Didn't like GW's for the PVP and the fact that it was more solo play then MMORPG. Also played Earth and Beyond back in the day, Warhammer (still have an active account for when I finally get MY computer hooked back up), and several others over the years.

I wasn't complaining. :) I know others have short attention spans when it comes to games. A lot of people like to have instant gratification (leveling quickly), so WoW is trying to adapt to that. A shame, but people are liking it. I think it should be a tough grind at first, but once you have 1 level 80, then the XP tables change and you get a buff on other characters on the account, thus making your alts easier to level.

I've been playing WoW for a year now and I'm at lvl50. Granted I haven't had much time to play. In several cases it has been WoW or homework for school. So I chose school. Now that I'm ending school, I'll be able to play WoW a bit more. :)

k-os
August 25th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I wasn't complaining. :) I know others have short attention spans when it comes to games. A lot of people like to have instant gratification (leveling quickly), so WoW is trying to adapt to that. A shame, but people are liking it. I think it should be a tough grind at first, but once you have 1 level 80, then the XP tables change and you get a buff on other characters on the account, thus making your alts easier to level.

I've been playing WoW for a year now and I'm at lvl50. Granted I haven't had much time to play. In several cases it has been WoW or homework for school. So I chose school. Now that I'm ending school, I'll be able to play WoW a bit more. :)

There are items you can buy (if you're level 80) for your low level characters that have stats that scale with your level. There are also shoulders, and now a chest piece that give +10% xp (from monsters and quests), so you can get +20% xp gain on a lower level character.

emt250
August 26th, 2009, 02:40 AM
The grind in wow isnt bad compared to other games, but it is still a grind. There is always something repetitive you need to do in order to get something. I'm not complaining because thats how MMO's make their money, but its definitely not something that was easy for me to just "pick up" once in a while. It was more or less all or nothing. Then I found out when i hit the end game of WoW that not only I was mostly playing just to chat on vent with some fun guildies but I was using it to avoid doing research papers. So I quit.

It was fun while it lasted, and I might pick it up again someday but to be honest I don't know what they could do that would be fresh enough for me to start again.

wvninja
October 28th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Bump .. winter is coming soon and my bike is going into hibernation. Looks like its time to dust off the keyboard and wow it up.

I played on Aggramar, Chogall, and now Uldaman (all horde) I'm lvling the rouge to 80 (73 atm) Have two lvl 80 druids, 80 DK and have downed LK.

Xpack drops Dec 7th so whose buying? I haven't pre ordered yet.

Havok
October 28th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Tried WoW but prefer EQ2

What server? I played eq2 as well raided hard core for a long time, I stoped raiding a year or two ago and now I don't play anymore since they ****ed the game up got rid of all the debs that did anything.

Flashmonkey
October 28th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I waited in line for Starcraft 2 in front of some WoW players that were discussing their "clan drama". I'm not sure where that puts me in the grand scheme of things. Probably on top. :D

ScorpionNinja
October 28th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Bump .. winter is coming soon and my bike is going into hibernation. Looks like its time to dust off the keyboard and wow it up.

I played on Aggramar, Chogall, and now Uldaman (all horde) I'm lvling the rouge to 80 (73 atm) Have two lvl 80 druids, 80 DK and have downed LK.

Xpack drops Dec 7th so whose buying? I haven't pre ordered yet.

Im thinking of getting back into playing this winter... but
I need to upgrade my hard drive and Ram. I cant afford a New PC.

I have a Dell PC i bought New back in 20032-2004. I only have 40 GB hard drive & 768 RAM.

Wow takes up like 21GB, bout HALF my hard drive space.

Since ive gotten into riding my Ninja the past 2 years, ive collected a Truck Load of PICs ive taken on all the trips and rides.

So its just time to upgrade my HD to like 320 - 500GB, and buy a pair (2) 1GB sticks of RAM for it.

video card is still decent, but its like i said. Heh!

HD+RAM = $130. I have to keep it under $150, or else forget it.

Anyhow, Ive read up on the Patch 4.0.1 notes and WOW, have they changed ALOT of stuff since 5-6 Months ago when i last played!!! :eek:

Im on Rexxar>Boulderfist>Hyjal, in that Order!

patw
October 28th, 2010, 02:15 PM
Still playing Illidan/Horde.

The 4.0.1 stuff is kinda fun. They made the talent trees quite simple.

8gauge
October 28th, 2010, 02:28 PM
My brother in law plays WOW religiously. I'm looking for a t-shirt for him that says " WOW ruined my life." So if anyone knows where to find such a shirt please send me the link. OR, if you can make up a really nice one i'd be happy to buy it from you. I'm trying to get him to get a ninja of his own, because he'd be crazy not to go for a ride to sit at home to play.

I personally haven't played WOW because I know how dangerously addicting it can be. I have been really addicted to CounterStrike before though

GeneJunkie
October 28th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I used to be addicted to WoW, I still get the cravings to play WoW, it's terrible. I played since vanilla WoW... right when ZG came out. When burning crusade was out I had 5 lvl 70s, 2 in BT/SW gear. Once WotLK came out I just raided/farmed on one of them, stupid achievements... I also have a collecting issue that I have at bay in RL but once I hit WoW oh gawd it had me completely sucked in.

I ended up quitting once Ryan moved out here, around when the tournament stuff got released and as much as I want to try out the new xpack I most likely won't. Part of the other reason why I quit was dumb guild drama. I was in the #2 guild on my server, stupid crap happened, I told them I wasn't raiding that night and they gkicked me after raiding with them about 5-7 days a week about 4-5 hrs a day for over 4 years.

I don't think I could take leveling again and they have dumbed the game down so much it was getting a little boring to play.

Oh if anyone like's boss kill vids, this was done a few months before I was kicked/quit, I'm the troll shadow priest... 25 man Sarth +3.. people still raid that?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQeXaN4fKA8

lux
October 29th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Anyone want to start a forum guild? :) I leveled to 80 but don't have time to raid. Did some heroics and realized that's pretty much the game, for me, so I stopped playing. Let me know if anyone wants to level a toon together. :)

supermanzdead
October 30th, 2010, 09:45 PM
I have characters on Maelstrom, but I hardly play these days...they are all 80's...

thurt88
October 30th, 2010, 10:17 PM
I have 10 lvl 80's and now Im waiting on Cataclysm. I play mostly Horde and Im on Trollbane, Doomhammer, and Dethecus.

Im not really doing anything now, just waiting on the xpack and killing the horseman trying to get the mount. Ive got it 3x now. I still hit up ZG trying for the tiger mount since blizz is taking them out with the next patch.

lux
February 2nd, 2011, 07:17 PM
Ninjette guild during Winter and some of Spring? :D When the weather gets warmer it's time to :ride:.

Leveled a toon to 85 and pretty much stopped playing again since I don't have time to raid during the week.

Live2ride
February 2nd, 2011, 08:11 PM
Hey, maybe some of you are, were like me? I used to play WoW pretty often (a ton in the winter months) until April 20th,2009 when i got Nate!!!

My brother still plays it, then starts to bug me to get back into it Today!
I told him once winter starts (i work at a golf course, im a seasonal worker) then ill have Lots o Time for Wowin'.

So if anyone here has or does play Wow... what Realms do you guys play on and such? cuz perhaps this winter (while our bikes in storage) we can play and have some Fun killing time, until Spring returns for our 250R time!!! :heh:
:thumbup:

You must be my twin....I play wow, and have been working seasonally at a golf course / country club for over 3 years now. By stating that I play wow is not stating that I'm some nerd that play's it all day every day :thumbup:. Although, a while back my blood elf priest would disagree with that :rolleyes:. I play on Mok'Nathal along with some of my family, well i g2g do my jc daily now, bbl :p.

Flashmonkey
February 2nd, 2011, 08:19 PM
http://static.funnyjunk.com/pictures/180bf357_8887_2e91.jpg

:D

ungluck
February 2nd, 2011, 11:57 PM
me and the wife are on hyjal:thumbup:

CynicalC
February 16th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I've got an 80 rogue on skull crusher, and the rest are on Archimonde. 85 mage, 80 shaman, and the prot warrior I was leveling is 70. I haven't played in a couple weeks it seems like. :/

Blackwidow
February 24th, 2011, 09:45 AM
nice! a thread full of nerds. :p

maraci
March 10th, 2011, 06:34 PM
never played WoW, but when I was younger I played a ton of Runescape. Couldn't tire of that game.
That is, until the new Marketplace system was implemented a few years back. To me, that killed it.
Can't say I play any games now. I'm busy with school, work and riding the ninja when weather permits :)

Sixringz
March 25th, 2011, 07:17 PM
My rogue is on Fenris but my account is inactive right now because I have no time with school and work :(

wvninja
March 25th, 2011, 07:31 PM
My rogue is on Fenris but my account is inactive right now because I have no time with school and work :(

i hit 85 on my rouge and immediately got so bored with the game i froze my account. 40+ minutes per queue for a heroic and then spending 2 hours in it.. get outta here...

wvninja
March 25th, 2011, 07:33 PM
nice! a thread full of nerds. :p

Well when you stop sending me those "pics ;)" and i can't ride I get bored.

beowuff
March 25th, 2011, 08:04 PM
I hadn't played for a few years, but when I found out there were werewolves (yes, I know... "worgen") I reactivated my account and started a new worgen mage. The intro story line is awesome! I'm on Perenolde. Probably make a worgen healer next. If they had werewolves from the beginning, I probably never would have left!

CynicalC
March 28th, 2011, 03:11 PM
I hadn't played for a few years, but when I found out there were werewolves (yes, I know... "worgen") I reactivated my account and started a new worgen mage. The intro story line is awesome! I'm on Perenolde. Probably make a worgen healer next. If they had werewolves from the beginning, I probably never would have left!

Every race has a new introduction cinematic, and the starter quests up to level 10 or so focus on the history of your race and how they came to be where they are "now". Pretty cool.

Pudge Ate Me
December 2nd, 2011, 12:12 PM
Hey guys, just curious as to how many of us ninja people play WoW.

Am I a loser for playing it or are there many others out there that play this game with me?

If you play post your realm and main toon name.

heylookitsfranco
December 2nd, 2011, 12:28 PM
I don't play wow, but you can bet yer ass i'll be on diablo 3 when it launches

Heed
December 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM
I used to play. I'm glad I don't anymore.

Reph
December 2nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Popurbubble - shadowmoon

You are not a loser for playing. Do whatever makes you happy in life, it is too short to do otherwise. Don't worry about what others say.

I do it all; gamer, ride, play with my kids outside, skydive...etc.

:fish2:

Nemesis
December 2nd, 2011, 12:49 PM
Shouldn't this be in the Off Topic sub-forum?

Anyhow, I saw a commercial for this game recently and they introduced Chuck Norris as a playable character. I couldn't stop laughing.

http://www.geekologie.com/2011/11/21/chuck-norris-wow-commercial.jpg

BTW, I don't play the game.

CynicalC
December 2nd, 2011, 01:04 PM
Well, that's just a human that they made to look like him. You've always been able to do that though.

I've been out of the game for a long time. Get the itch every now and then but I know better. I've played through almost every class.

My toons won't show up on armory because I haven't logged in a year. But my mains are

Shigihara - 85 BE arcane mage
Emceeshammer - 85 Orc enhance shaman
Ilickwindows - 80 Undead combat rogue
Picklebunny - 74 Goblin prot warrior.

The tank was the last char I was leveling before I quit. I leveled 1-70 inn5 days played or so. Burned myself out and haven't been back since.

Nemesis
December 2nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
^^^
Umm, okay you lost me with the whole clerical majestic swordmans chastity belt talk. :D

Meltoff
December 2nd, 2011, 01:39 PM
I've played since vanilla WoW, with breaks in between each expansion after raid content become stale. It's still a great game, but I finally moved on after playing just about every role and class. 10 man heroic brick wall that was the first few months of Cataclysm burnt me out when my supposedly casual group of friends decided they wanted server firsts and the content turned out to be more challenging than anticipated. The amount of teamwork, coordination and skill required to play that game in the top tier is still pretty unique among games I think. To answer your question, do what you enjoy, and when I was playing I played on a number of servers, most recently, The Forgotten Coast (which was a terrible server) and I doubt my characters are still around on the armory. My most recent was Jinkies 85 troll druid.

On another note, OP from your name I was wondering if you play dota?

patw
December 2nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
There was another discussion about this in Off-Topic:

http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26875&highlight=warcraft

Alex
December 2nd, 2011, 09:58 PM
/merged

CynicalC
December 3rd, 2011, 04:52 PM
^^^
Umm, okay you lost me with the whole clerical majestic swordmans chastity belt talk. :D

It's ok to geek out every once in a while.

patw
December 3rd, 2011, 05:07 PM
I played WoW reasonably hard for 5-ish years on and off. It's a fun game, but it takes time away from riding and wrenching.

I beta tested Star Wars: The Old Republic, and it was surprisingly good. If you're bored of WoW and need a winter hobby (Besides doing upgrades ;) try it out.

CynicalC
December 3rd, 2011, 05:42 PM
I played WoW reasonably hard for 5-ish years on and off. It's a fun game, but it takes time away from riding and wrenching.

I beta tested Star Wars: The Old Republic, and it was surprisingly good. If you're bored of WoW and need a winter hobby (Besides doing upgrades ;) try it out.

It's still in closed beta but sure, PM me your beta key. :D

patw
December 3rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
It's still in closed beta but sure, PM me your beta key. :D

The game is out of beta now and launching on the 20th, got the email today that they're shutting it down until then. Too late! ;)

JoeLansing
December 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
I played WOW from when BC first came out till the LV85 stuff. I ended up with 6? level 85's. I had toons on about 7 different realms. All my high levels had Sand Drakes and Rockets. I had 2 level 10 dueling twinks that were all BIS including dual wielding the STV arena trinket. I spent way too much time on it. First I got tired of fighting dumb cartoons in instances and went to full time PVP. Then that got old also. I needed to spend more time with the wife and kids so I quit. I put 165,000 gold in my guild bank and loaded it up with stuff. I don't even think about WOW anymore and it's a good thing. I didn't dare do /played in game or I might have cried. It was WarCrack for me.
- Joe

Heed
December 3rd, 2011, 06:59 PM
If there's anything I regret about playing WoW it is that I didn't sell my account as I might have been able to get every penny back from the $15/month fee...

Jiggles
December 4th, 2011, 12:36 AM
gZEdDMQZaCU
:p

CynicalC
December 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
I had 2 level 10 dueling twinks that were all BIS including dual wielding the STV arena trinket.

I know it's possible but that's hard to believe without screenshots. ;)

Heed
December 4th, 2011, 07:41 PM
i wish i still had my old screen shots. memories. =/ but they got wiped off my HD

LoD575
December 4th, 2011, 10:54 PM
The only time I played WoW was during beta...did not care for the game mechanics or crap cartoon graphics.

Spent time with several MMO's, mostly EQ, EQ2, PlanetSide, WAR and EVE.

Have been beta testing SWTOR since August, still debating if I will play at launch here in a couple weeks.

Looking forward to PS2 and W40k Dark Millennium.