View Full Version : Wiki Login?

Finder
August 18th, 2009, 02:36 PM
Is the wiki section suppose to use the same account credentials as the main Ninjette site? I'm not able to log in with the same information.

Cheers!

Alex
August 18th, 2009, 02:41 PM
On our past host, I had it working just as you described, and the wiki used the same forum credentials. Something isn't yet working correctly on that authentication bridge now that we're on this new server, so for the moment the two user databases are separate. If you do set up a new wiki account, it would make sense to use the same username as your forum credentials. The hope is that I can it back to working how it was in the near future.

Finder
August 18th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks. I'll create the new account for the time being then. Good luck!

Cheers!

Finder
August 18th, 2009, 02:48 PM
:mad:

What are the chances someone already has my username on the Wiki? Hmph! Maybe I'll just wait until this is sorted out.

Alex
August 18th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Seeing as I'm back at work full-time, it might be awhile. :)

From the login there, just say that you lost the password, and it will email you a new one. Odds are you've got an account there already, as one was automatically created the very first time you clicked on the wiki before, even if you never edited anything.

Finder
August 18th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Well, looks like the auto account creation didn't carry my e-mail address over. No e-mail associated with the account.

Funny, this brought up memories of flakey enterprise directory services at work years ago. :)

Alex
August 18th, 2009, 03:10 PM
I reset your wiki password, check your PM's...

tac12345
March 31st, 2011, 03:53 PM
How do we post in the wiki ?

Alex
March 31st, 2011, 05:41 PM
All you need to do is double-click on the body of any page in there, and it will immediately let you start editing. To create a new page, all you need to do is browse to the address you want it to be, and create a new one:

www.ninjette.org/wiki/whatever