View Full Version : FS: 48/38 Alpinestars ALLOY Black High End Leather/Mesh Jacket

muffinman
August 20th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I am a jacket whore.. my favorite jacket for the past 2 months, high-end Alpinestars Alloy leather/mesh jacket (same level as the SMX Air-Flo), but I recently got a GMX Motion as a graduation/anniversary gift and no other jacket compares IMO :mrgreen: I also need to raise some money for a possible home purchase later this year.

http://newenough.com/protective_apparel/leather_jackets_and_pants/alpinestars/alloy_leather_mesh_motorcycle_jacket.html

http://newenough.com/image/path/18871/small/ALLOY_LHT_JK_Black_BK.jpg?1224018601http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2009_Alpinestars_Alloy_Leather_Jacket_Black.jpg

Perf. leather, kevlar stretch material and double/triple-layered FULL-grain leather on the arms, stretch panels on the chest with Alpinestar's new chest armor (upgradable to Bionic chest armor).

Mesh on the stomach panels and mid-back level on the back flows a ton of air and keeps the jacket light.. but otherwise, it's heavy duty leather (some perf'ed leather on the back). It's the full-grain leather A* uses in their top of the line race suits.

GP-style elbow and shoulder armor.. this jacket looks sick in person, it's all black but the subtle differences and the use of many diff. materials really makes it stand out. Also comes with liner for year-round use

Size 48 EU , 38 US

Retails for $449.95, selling for $230 obo + shipping

kkim
August 20th, 2009, 11:38 AM
what does 48/38 mean?

muffinman
August 20th, 2009, 11:42 AM
what does 48/38 mean?

Sorry, it's Euro/US sizing - all A* (except the ones labeled S/M/L/XL) are sized this way along with most other European brands (Dainese, etc.)

so it's 48 EU / 38 US :thumbup:

kkim
August 20th, 2009, 11:44 AM
thanks... too small for me :(, but a very nice jacket.:thumbup:

Sound Wave
August 20th, 2009, 09:18 PM
aw damn that sucks. i really want that jacket but i can't justify the price of a new one.

unfortunately your jacket is way too small for me. i am more a 54/44, otherwise i think i would have to buy it from you. good luck with the sale. it should go at that price.

Momaru
August 20th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Yarg, I'm ~40 across the chest and have splurged on gear/bike stuff too much as is this summer...
How snug is it?

muffinman
August 20th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Yarg, I'm ~40 across the chest and have splurged on gear/bike stuff too much as is this summer...
How snug is it?

It's a fitted jacket but it has tons of stretch panels (as you can see in the picture) in the chest and back area. I'm a 38" chest and I wear a standalone back protector and use the Bionic chest inserts.. together, they add another ~1.5" to the chest area.

At that point, it fits snug but not uncomfortable, just the way a leather jacket should fit.

For what it's worth, I'm 5'6"-5'7" and 150-155lb

Momaru
August 20th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Hmmm, I'm 5'8" +change and ~145lbs. Darnit, I promised myself not another big purchase this season. Think I'll sleep on it. Cheers if someone else snaps this up while I'm catchin' Z's

Nickds7
August 21st, 2009, 01:48 AM
Nice jacket, matches nicely with the alpinestars alloy gloves im sure :)

Momaru
August 21st, 2009, 07:16 AM
I'd imagine so.
Think I'm gonna have to pass. Not enough riding season left down here to justify another mesh jacket right now. Sorry and good luck!

muffinman
August 21st, 2009, 12:52 PM
I'd imagine so.
Think I'm gonna have to pass. Not enough riding season left down here to justify another mesh jacket right now. Sorry and good luck!

There's very little mesh (in the stomach region and little bit on the sides) :thumbup: It's a 3, possibly 4 season jacket for sure with the full sleeved inner liner and the thick leather.

Let me know if you change your mind! :D

Sound Wave
August 21st, 2009, 01:20 PM
fDw0WKchs8E

:thumbup:

muffinman
August 25th, 2009, 10:50 PM
still available!

andrewexd
August 28th, 2009, 02:08 PM
can you give the chest measurement of this jacket ? From armpit to armpit, thanks.

muffinman
August 30th, 2009, 02:51 PM
can you give the chest measurement of this jacket ? From armpit to armpit, thanks.

Hey Andrew, I'm away from the jacket but it's typical fit for a 38" chest size jacket. It's got generous stretch panels on each shoulder so it'll also accomodate chest sizes larger than 38" (or if you have broad shoulders)

muffinman
September 3rd, 2009, 01:41 PM
**PRICE REDUCTION**

$200 obo + shipping

muffinman
September 11th, 2009, 09:51 AM
sold!