View Full Version : UP hill mess up.. and weird after

Rafalski
August 20th, 2009, 01:50 PM
So i was on a steep up hill and i guess i did it wrong. I did what i always do and then the engine sputtered and the gears grinded as i tried to down shift or up shift (match higher rpms) i belive. I was a little concerned. No idea what i did.

Walked it up the hill (was in intersection) to the side put it back to first and it went off fine.

But as i was going it seemed to rev a little high to me.. Like 8k going 20 in first but got fine in the higher gears.

When i turned it off the engine was hissing for a while.

WHats the cause?
Could i have messed up my lower gears because of the grinding so they over rev now?

Or did i over heat the engine and it jsut acted like that at those points.

k-os
August 20th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Are you sure it wasn't the radiator fan you were hearing when you turned it off?

Rafalski
August 21st, 2009, 12:34 AM
Are you sure it wasn't the radiator fan you were hearing when you turned it off?

NOt 100% suer just heard a hissing i never heared before.

zartan
August 21st, 2009, 12:46 AM
was it an high pitched..eeeeeeeeeeee.... sound, That is the gas tank venting

or as K-os said the cooling fan... sounds like you missed a gear and just could not get it back on track.

Have you properly adjusted your clutch cable?
They stretch out a bit here and there. Owners manual has instructions. good luck! let us know

Rafalski
August 21st, 2009, 11:15 AM
was it an high pitched..eeeeeeeeeeee.... sound, That is the gas tank venting

or as K-os said the cooling fan... sounds like you missed a gear and just could not get it back on track.

Have you properly adjusted your clutch cable?
They stretch out a bit here and there. Owners manual has instructions. good luck! let us know

Nah I didnt.

Ive been fine on small inclines but this one was rather large. And i shifted and the gears made a grinding noise.

Could that be some sort of damage done after?

WHats the best way to start on an up hill thats steep. Dont want to recreate that problem again.