View Full Version : Help with custom turning signals

jasonfromca
August 23rd, 2009, 04:25 PM
Hi. I bought an 08 250 off Craigslist and the previous owner had replaced the front turning signals with flush mount ones. However, now they just stay solid instead of flashing. I had read that happened when you put in LEDs and you also had to wire them through a new device that would make them flash again. Apparently, the owner did not do this. Does anyone know where I can just buy this device. I like these new signals and sort of want to keep them.

Thanks

noche_caliente
August 23rd, 2009, 05:33 PM
Jason, are you sure all of the signals are properly connected? They won't flash if any are disconnected...

jasonfromca
August 23rd, 2009, 06:20 PM
The signals come on when I use the button but stay solid until I turn it off. I would assume this means they are connected.

ninjablk08
August 23rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
they r just need to change the flasher relay theres a DIY here on that relay

JaeL
August 23rd, 2009, 07:57 PM
The signals come on when I use the button but stay solid until I turn it off. I would assume this means they are connected.

Incorrect. For example if on your right side you have no front signal (like in my case) or it is connected incorrectly the rear sig will come on but not flash. Check your connections before you go buying anything.

HKr1
August 24th, 2009, 11:30 AM

Long as both Lefts or Rights come on. Get an electronic flasher or resistor:

http://www.greggscustoms.com/instructions/Load_Resistor_Inst.pdf

jasonfromca
August 24th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Each pair comes on and stays solid when I use the button. Will I need to connect a resistor to all 4 lights? The rear set are OEM I believe

litespeed
August 25th, 2009, 06:39 AM
hello ! guys i change and the 4 turn signal with led but when i want to turn right or left and the 4 turn sugnals illuminate continuously ! i change the flasher and now they flash but the 4 together !

why and the 4 turn signals are lighting and not only the 2 ?

sorry for my bad english :(
i hope you understand and to help me :thumbup:

randomwalk101
August 25th, 2009, 07:18 AM
there's a diy to install some diodes that will fix your issue :)

cochraneap
August 27th, 2009, 03:05 PM
go to autozone, buy a FL-32 electronic flasher for $10. take off the left rear (tail) fairing. there's a little black box inside a rubber cover hanging on the outside of the frame with 2 wires coming out of it. unplug it. replace it with the new FL-32 flasher you just bought. problem solved, the LED signals should flash now, along with the other signals.