View Full Version : Pensacola to Nashville

Diemuzi
August 23rd, 2009, 06:38 PM
Rode my Ninja 250 from Pensacola, FL to Nashville, TN to visit some friends and attend a college graduation. Total one-way mileage was about 500 miles, the first 300-350 miles were ok but then my ass started to hurt so the last few miles were a killer. Lots of stops to rest did the trick and I'd certainly do it again.

My next ride will be coming up soon where I'm helping someone move from Pensacola to New York, gonna pack up the bike in a moving truck, and drive it all the way from NY back to Pensacola. I Mapped it out and it's about a 1200 mile ride. Not yet certain if I'm gonna try for the 1000 mile, Iron Butt award within 24 hours but we'll see. Otherwise I'll just take 2-3 days and enjoy the trip back.

~ Sammie

HKr1
August 25th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Sounds like fun! Except for the ass hurting. Seen a gold wing today on base, had one of them wooded ball seat covers. Kinda had to laugh, wonder if one of them would help on a long ride :) LOL

Cedilla
August 27th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Did you go up I-65 or 431? Both seem like butt hurting routes though, I have yet to do more than a 200mi day, and most of that was in the twistys, I couldn't imagine knocking out a few hundred miles of Interstate on the ninjette.