View Full Version : lower back pain gone since riding

dimeified
August 24th, 2009, 06:38 AM
I've done a little over 700 miles total on my ninja since i've had it the last month and a half. More recently the past couple weeks i've been working specifically on my riding posture/technique. I've learned to ride on the balls of my feet, how to lean more properly, and keeping upper torso and arms loose on the steering, ESPECIALLY in the wind. But MOST important though, i've learned to use my legs on the tank and my lower back to support myself, RATHER THAN JUST my butt and the seat

A few things have happened since then:

#1 - the seat has become MUCH MORE comfortable, its a night and day difference, my but doesn't ache on it at all

#2 - The new posture has me much further back in the seat now, and i dont crush my nuts humping the tank.

#3 - my back problems have almost dissapeared completely, and i think i owe this to strengthening my back muscles and using them while i ride. I do vary weather i curve my lower back or straighten it a bit so i dont get cramped, but the muscles are very active in either case. Not like when i'm riding in a car with my back curved and no muscle support with my herneated discs bulging out feeling like i took a hard blow to the kidneys.

Sailariel
August 24th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Correct on all. You are strengthening your lower back muscles because you are using your leg muscles and your abs to hold your upper body up. Using your abs strengthen the back--not the other way around. You hit the "sweet zone" Your back problems will become a thing of the past.

Snake
August 24th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Congatulations, have fun and safe riding to ya.

coffeecandy
August 25th, 2009, 12:57 AM
congrats but this bike hurts my lower back...i need to go back to my sports bike so the posture is more leaned over and my back is straight...

komohana
August 25th, 2009, 06:54 AM
... so the posture is more leaned over and my back is straight...

got me come clip-on's for that :)

coffeecandy
August 25th, 2009, 09:37 AM
nice! The fork tube diameter from the 1st gen ninja and the 2nd gen ninja are identical. you can use clip ons interchangable. It also looks like this the 2nd gen mounting points are identical to the 1st gen if anyone wanted to get 2nd gen fork tubes for the 1st gen ninja.

CRXTrek
August 25th, 2009, 09:49 AM
nice! The fork tube diameter from the 1st gen ninja and the 2nd gen ninja are identical. you can use clip ons interchangable. It also looks like this the 2nd gen mounting points are identical to the 1st gen if anyone wanted to get 2nd gen fork tubes for the 1st gen ninja.

Nope ! 1st gen 36mm and 2nd gen 37mm
http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/clipon-chart.htm

coffeecandy
August 25th, 2009, 09:52 AM
tell that to the digital caliper i was using.

Alex
August 26th, 2009, 03:19 PM
tell that to the digital caliper i was using.

Have it sign up for its own ninjette.org ID and we'd be glad to. :p Kawi does list the new-gen's as 37mm, it was one of the stated upgrades for the '08 model. That said, it seems like some products that fit the forks can be massaged to work on either model, so the 1 mm difference may be close enough in some cases.

rockNroll
August 26th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Interesting post... now we need to figure out a way to get a Dr. to prescribe a motorcycle for back pain.....

dimeified
August 26th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Interesting post... now we need to figure out a way to get a Dr. to prescribe a motorcycle for back pain.....

hahaha nice!

coffeecandy
August 27th, 2009, 12:34 AM
Have it sign up for its own ninjette.org ID and we'd be glad to. :p Kawi does list the new-gen's as 37mm, it was one of the stated upgrades for the '08 model. That said, it seems like some products that fit the forks can be massaged to work on either model, so the 1 mm difference may be close enough in some cases.

If only it had hands....:D

it was within .3mm of each other when measured...