View Full Version : 2008+ Two Brothers Exhaust Slip-On

SpyderGirl
August 26th, 2009, 10:26 AM
So the accident over the weekend was a total loss. However, the 2 Bros exhaust on it was not damaged in the accident and literally has less than 150 miles on it. I still have the box and all the parts and instructions for it. So the insurance company is letting me salvage it off the bike so I can sell it.

So if you are interested in a practically brand new 2 Bros slip-on, let me know. It's the Carbon Fiber one. It retails at $499. I'm asking $450 shipped, or $425 picked up. The only damage that it MIGHT have is some scuffing from the brush that caught the bike. The bike went down on the left side, not the right.

I'll be picking the bike up on Saturday from The Junction so if you want it, let me know. I also have a passenger seat from the bike that was not on it when the bike was wrecked, so it's brand new.

Let me know, I need to salvage what I can out of this bike... I'll still owe like $4K even after the insurance company pays the lienholder. I'm so pissed!!

Hokie11
August 26th, 2009, 11:29 AM
how is that possible?? even if you paid $5k, the insurance should cover almost all of that since there is minimal depreciation

a friend of mine crashed her 09 250R SE and insurance tried to say they will let her keep it for cost of repairs minus salvage value, which they claimed to be like $3500, so she would only get a payment of $1000 to fix her bike. That was TOTAL BS. she got receipts from several salvage places that said her bike is not worth more than $1000 in its condition, so after a few weeks battle and talking to managers at the insurance company, they put the salvage value at like $900 and paid out the rest to her.
thats not the only time i heard of this happen either, i think just within the past month i saw a thread on someone totalling his bike and insurance tried to screw him over

fight back with them and get actual numbers of where they are pulling their calculations.

SpyderGirl
August 26th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I really don't know yet because the numbers haven't come back and the salvage company has not seen the bike. The bike is brand new and has less than 800 miles on it.

Thanks for the tips, I will see what I can do to get out of this owing the smallest amount possible. As for me buying the bike back myself... I don't think I want to. My husband wants me to give up street riding on two wheels for a while considering my streak of bad luck. We are considering dirt bikes instead.

SpyderGirl
August 29th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I just got the bike home and there is NO damage at all to the exhaust that I can see. It seems to be in perfect shape. If I can't get what I'm asking, I am just going to keep it.

Someone tells me you can get it brand new for $459 shipped, I don't know where. Anyway, I'll drop my price $25.... so $400 picked up and $425 shipped. This exhaust is practically brand new. I haven't even gone through a tank of gas with it on. It took no damage in the accident and I still have the box.

mista350z
September 1st, 2009, 11:31 PM
Is this the exhaust you have?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Two-Brothers-M2-Carbon-Exhaust-Kawasaki-Ninja-250-R-08_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem56349b4256QQitemZ3702497 77750QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

divingtigger
September 2nd, 2009, 07:07 AM
I really hate making insurance claims, the only time I got a fair amount (car got written off) was when I called the guy a prostitute, once he stopped laughing and saying that I wasn't making any sense I explained to him that I pay him money and every time I deal with them I get screwed (used a worse word though). They gave me an extra $3000.

bob706
September 2nd, 2009, 07:39 AM
when I called the guy a prostitute, once he stopped laughing and saying that I wasn't making any sense I explained to him that I pay him money and every time I deal with them I get screwed

:amen:

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 07:43 AM
Is this the exhaust you have?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Two-Brothers-M2-Carbon-Exhaust-Kawasaki-Ninja-250-R-08_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem56349b4256QQitemZ3702497 77750QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Yes, that is what I have.

I really hate making insurance claims, the only time I got a fair amount (car got written off) was when I called the guy a prostitute, once he stopped laughing and saying that I wasn't making any sense I explained to him that I pay him money and every time I deal with them I get screwed (used a worse word though). They gave me an extra $3000.

ROFLMAO!! I don't think I need to use that one on my insurance company, they've been very good to me thus far. I should have some rough numbers today including a look at the estimate which I hear is close to $5K! :eek:

Greg_E
September 2nd, 2009, 10:18 AM
Buy any string and a couple of plumb bobs yet?

(FYI http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&source=hp&q=plumb+bob&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=8527661345432573781&ei=hqieSprtFsOz8QbK_sS0Aw&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=4#ps-sellers)

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 10:26 AM
WHAT??

ANYWAY... I am not going to keep the bike so the exhaust, possibly the brake light modulator, and the fender eliminator kit will be available. Let me know if you are interested in one or more of these items. The fender eliminator the no-cut kind and it's really nice.

divingtigger
September 2nd, 2009, 10:27 AM
What kind of fender eliminator kit is it? Might be interested

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
What kind of fender eliminator kit is it? Might be interested

I don't know, I bought it off eBay. It was $75 when I bought it. Really easy to install. I bought it from some machining business in Australia I think it was.

Here is his eBay page: http://myworld.ebay.com/mustardbikes

demp
September 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
is the exhaust still available?, how much would it cost you to ship it to canada? (toronto)

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
PM me your exact address and I'll get a price for you.

demp
September 2nd, 2009, 11:20 AM
you have a PM :) do you accept paypal?

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
you have a PM :) do you accept paypal?

Got it. And yes I do. I'll send that info to you once I have the total price with shipping. :thumbup:

demp
September 2nd, 2009, 11:39 AM
mmmm You wouldn't happen to have a seat cowl would you? :D

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
mmmm You wouldn't happen to have a seat cowl would you? :D

I do, but the back pad is missing and there is some scuffing on it. Also it has tenatively been spoken for.

demp
September 2nd, 2009, 11:47 AM
has anyone else claimed the no-cut fender elim? ;)

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 11:52 AM
has anyone else claimed the no-cut fender elim? ;)

Yup, it has been tenatively been spoken for as well. :)

Greg_E
September 2nd, 2009, 12:22 PM
Didn't realize you were not going to try and fix it.

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 12:28 PM
I just decided today. I got the estimate from the insurance company.... it was $5,113 with parts and labor and they missed a few parts that I know of for sure. I figured out about what it would cost me to fix it and and I came up with a minimum of about $1,200 which didn't include the buy-back amount -- which I don't know what it is but it'll be probably at least $1,000 and for $2,200 or so I can get a nice dirt bike or a nice barely used street bike. I also still will owe at least $3,500 to the lienholder. It's just not worth it. I'm really bummed out cuz my birthday is just next week and I had a plan to take a ride on my birthday on her. :(

At least I have the Spyder. :)

demp
September 2nd, 2009, 12:29 PM
how much damage is there anyways? - edit, sorry let me rephrase that, what was actually damaged?

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
Here is the list:

Headlamp Assembly $235.06
Right Front Signal Lamp $38.61
Left Front Signal Lamp $38.61
Front Fender Panel $117.53
Front Cowl Panel $219.31
Front Windscreen $134.76
Right Front Mirror $66.27
Left Front Mirror $66.27
Right Upper Cowl Panel $275.38
Left Upper Cowl Panel $275.38
Right Stripe Tape Cowl Decal $23.72
Left Stripe Tape Cowl Decal $23.72
Right Rear Cowl Cover $60.81
Left Rear Cowl Cover $60.81
Left Tape Tank Decal $17.74
Right Tape Tank Decal $17.74
Rear Upper Cover Assembly $120.68
Front Wheel $564.75
Front Brake Lever $12.98
Rear Break Pedal $82.20
Right Front Footrest $5.42
Left Front Footrest $5.42
Left Rear Step Stay Holder $77.82
Right Bank Angle Bolt $5.20
Right Front Outer Suspension Dust Seal $13.40
Rigth Front Outer Suspension Oil Seal $12.14
Right Front Suspension Protector $20.88
Right Front Outer Suspension Fork Tube $257.55
Right Gasket $3.82
Right Handlebar $86.20
Left Handlebar $86.20
Throttle Grip Assembly $26.32
Left Handlebar Balancer $18.88
Clutch Lever Assembly $41.00
Right Combination Switch $92.93
Left Combination Switch $125.10
Fuel Tank $424.80
Fuel Tank Gasket $8.36
Clutch Cover $125.10
Engine Cover Gasket $18.76
Shift Lever $38.41
Seat Cover $97.76

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 12:35 PM
Most of this must be, needs to be, or really should be replaced with the exception of a few items such as the front wheel and the headlight (which is just scuffed up)

demp
September 2nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
...ouch, I'm shocked by the extensive list, one thing i notice immediately though - the front wheel, get it from Tim (powdercoated), you can get a new SET for 450

all of that was ACTUALLY damaged? or is that just the list the insurance people gave you?

demp
September 2nd, 2009, 12:38 PM
i need to start pressing F5 before I post a question you just answered XD

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 12:41 PM
i need to start pressing F5 before I post a question you just answered XD

LOL!! Yeah, I went through the list myself and took out things that could be done without and figured in the cost of what I could pay for the parts and such and still came up with a number of nearly $1,500. I also am assuming that the clutch isn't messed up because the shift lever got bent completely backwards and the bike won't shift out of gear. That stuff wasn't even on the estimate!!

demp
September 2nd, 2009, 12:58 PM
that list is so not cool... way too long

even your seat was damaged, what the hell did you hit? (or hit you?)

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 01:03 PM
that list is so not cool... way too long

even your seat was damaged, what the hell did you hit? (or hit you?)

The bike went off the road, through a barbed wire fence, and slid about 20 feet down a ravine and was caught by the brush. The damage on the seat cover is minimal, but it's there.

Needless to say I was very lucky!!

Greg_E
September 2nd, 2009, 01:19 PM
Yikes, let them pay off the loan and say good by, hopefully you get a little cash in pocket too. You could always pick up a really cheap old version and mod the heck out of it. I'm even starting to think that might be the better way for me to go, something back in the 90's maybe (since there was little to no change until 2008). A few hundred and work on mods after that.

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 01:24 PM
Yikes, let them pay off the loan and say good by, hopefully you get a little cash in pocket too. You could always pick up a really cheap old version and mod the heck out of it. I'm even starting to think that might be the better way for me to go, something back in the 90's maybe (since there was little to no change until 2008). A few hundred and work on mods after that.

They are not paying off the loan and I am going to get no money at all except a reimbursement of $150 for the $585 tow and recovery, and money from some of the parts I am salvaging off of it. I'll still owe close to $3,500 I'm guessing... which SUCKS! The hubby and I are thinking about doing dirt bikes.

divingtigger
September 2nd, 2009, 02:29 PM
Wow that really sucks, so they are basically giving you nothing for your bike?? Why even bother having insurance at all.

Up here the insurance is stupid, on a 2008 ninja 250 with full discount it is still going to be $2000 a year ($400 a month in the summer and the extra goes towards storage insurance in the winter).

On an R1 it is closer to $4000 a year

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 02:41 PM
Wow that really sucks, so they are basically giving you nothing for your bike?? Why even bother having insurance at all.

Up here the insurance is stupid, on a 2008 ninja 250 with full discount it is still going to be $2000 a year ($400 a month in the summer and the extra goes towards storage insurance in the winter).

On an R1 it is closer to $4000 a year

Well I figure I owe almost $7K. If they give me $3,500 as the value of the bike (I do not have GAP insurance) that leaves me with a balance of $3,500 roughly.

noche_caliente
September 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
I'm confused, how do you have 7k on loan? That makes this that much more painful!

Greg_E
September 2nd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah $7K on a $4100, even after tax and tags that seems like way too much. For 7K you could have gotten a nice 600 class machine.

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah $7K on a $4100, even after tax and tags that seems like way too much. For 7K you could have gotten a nice 600 class machine.

I bought it in San Francisco... 9.75% tax + title + license + set-up + accessories + god knows what else...and there ya go. Yeah, I'm quite ticked-off considering I'm going to end up paying almost $5K if you include the payments I've already made for a bike I don't have.... but at least I still have the accessories and making back some of the money on selling them

Greg_E
September 2nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Man, most of these dealerships are just thieves! With fees like that I would have gotten up and walked out the door. I'd rather ride a used moped than pay that kind of crap.

Do yourself a favor.... Get a dual sport bike so that you can take it on the road. Might not be as fun off road as a real dirt bike, but should be good enough for playing and then you can get some utility out of it too.

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
Greg, yes, we were considering dual sports. My only problem with a dual sport is that I am a shorty.... and I need to be able to touch the ground with both feet. It's not something I have to decide now and I know there are ways around the bike being short. I am looking at the CRF250 and the TT-R230 if I just go straight dirt bike... not sure what I would go with for a dual sport... whatever it is, it'll have to be used and cheap.

kkim
September 2nd, 2009, 10:34 PM
crf230L

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 10:39 PM
crf230L

YES... that was the bike I sat on. I liked that. The black one. The hubby liked it too. But it was a little cha-ching! I'd have to find something used, but those would be perfect, probably for both of us. Or he could get a 400cc.

SpyderGirl
September 2nd, 2009, 10:42 PM
Oh, by the way this stuff has not been spoken for:

> Rear Spools (a little dirty and scuffed, but mostly undamaged) - $20 shipped / $15 picked up

> Rear Spool stand (from Harbor Frieight - used once) - $25 picked up (it would be tricky to ship)

> Canyon Dancer harness - $9 shipped / $5 picked up

> Rear Brake Modulator - $30 shipped / $25 picked up

I'm flexible, just trying to recover some money.

kkim
September 2nd, 2009, 10:44 PM
the black one is a 230M w/ street tires... a supermoto type bike. the crf230L is a dual purpose trail bike w/ knobby tires. then there's the crf230F which is strictly a dirt bike which I have that has been converted into a street legal dual purpose bike.

the crf250 is too big (physical size) a bike for you. the tt-r230 is a bit inferior to the crf230... plus it's not street legal.

divingtigger
September 3rd, 2009, 06:47 AM
I was looking at dirt bikes for me and my 5 year old daughter....but she is more into princess's now

SpyderGirl
September 3rd, 2009, 07:31 AM
the black one is a 230M w/ street tires... a supermoto type bike. the crf230L is a dual purpose trail bike w/ knobby tires. then there's the crf230F which is strictly a dirt bike which I have that has been converted into a street legal dual purpose bike.

the crf250 is too big (physical size) a bike for you. the tt-r230 is a bit inferior to the crf230... plus it's not street legal.

Ugh.. too many different numbers, letters, it's all very confusing. I just want something that I can sit on physically with as little modification as possible, that is power enough to ride on the trails, but not so much power that I kill myself in the process and possibly will allow me to ride on the street now and again.

Okay, I think I remember the CRF230L, I sat on that one too... it was a little tall but it felt pretty good... if I remember correctly.

I was looking at dirt bikes for me and my 5 year old daughter....but she is more into princess's now

LOL! That's okay... she's 5. :)

Give her time.

Greg_E
September 3rd, 2009, 09:21 AM
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/DR200SE/2009/DR200SE.aspx

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/product-specifications.aspx?id=371&scid=14

I would go with the Suzuki if it was me, but I would try to find a used one so that you won't care too much about scratches and stuff from the off road use

SpyderGirl
September 3rd, 2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.suzukicycles.com/Product%20Lines/Cycles/Products/DR200SE/2009/DR200SE.aspx

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/product-specifications.aspx?id=371&scid=14

I would go with the Suzuki if it was me, but I would try to find a used one so that you won't care too much about scratches and stuff from the off road use

I sat on that Suzuki too, not bad. The Kawi is WAY too tall for even my husband.

Yes, I am going to get used ones for sure.

Greg_E
September 3rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
I just prefer Suzuki, but they won't bring me a 250 class sport bike, so they loose. Even a GSX-R 400 would be fine with me, I just don't have any need or desire to have another 600 class machine unless it is a true touring class like a BMW K75S or K1.

SpyderGirl
September 3rd, 2009, 09:47 AM
I totally agree. Too bad for them.

SpyderGirl
September 4th, 2009, 01:42 PM
In order to try to expedite the sale before I leave on my trip, starting tomorrow (Sat, Sept 5th) through NOON (PST) on Mon, Sept 7th, if you're interested in this exhaust I will sell for $385 USD shipped (U.S) and $400 USD shipped (Canada).

It is already packaged and ready to ship out. Payment to be made via PayPal and FedEx will be the shipping provider.

Also please note that I have a brake light modulator, a canyon dancer harness, spools, rear spool service stand, a complete owners manual, and a complete tool kit also available. Due to it's size, the stand will be sold locally only. Make me a offer.

Shipping on these small items will be $5 via USPS priority mail flat rate on all items (except the stand). I will combine items for one shipping price if they fit in the same box, otherwise I will have to get the larger flat rate box which is $10.

Oh, and I have a stock windscreen - barely used.

ninjablk08
September 7th, 2009, 01:29 AM
i would like the rear stand for my friend , let me know when you are back from vacation

SpyderGirl
September 7th, 2009, 12:26 PM
i would like the rear stand for my friend , let me know when you are back from vacation

It'll be here.