View Full Version : This thing needs more power

camaroz1985
August 28th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Definitely needs more power.:rolleyes:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2009/08/millyard-viper-v10.jpg

Viper V-10 on a bike. Chrysler did their own concept a while back, and I guess this guy just had to have one.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/08/27/millyard-viper-v10-one-more-way-to-strike-kill-yourself-strik/

ScraitT
August 28th, 2009, 08:34 AM
I used to know a guy who had something similar with a vette engine in it. Said he could only ride the bike on cold winter days because the engine put out too much heat.
He claimed the bike would make a Busa look like a toy to about 70. No transmission, direct drive, said it topped out around 130.

I wanna say it was called a Boss Hog or something?

Ken
August 28th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Small pen!s syndrome. Tyler: Boss Hoss.

Alex
August 28th, 2009, 09:46 AM
A guy in my town has a Boss Hoss, and he actually tours on it quite a bit. They come in 350 CI and 502 CI engine sizes, and look as neat and weird as you might expect. They have been tested in some of the known mags over the years, and the acceleration claims don't pan out. Yes they really do have tremendous horsepower, and the power to weight ratio is great, but getting that much weight (1000+ pounds) off the line on a single rear tire, causes it to spin up if you try to apply anything close to full power. A Busa, and any other literbike, will smoke it to 60, through the quarter-mile, and all the way to the top speed of either bike.

Sinister
August 28th, 2009, 10:36 AM
A good friends father in law owns 3 hoss's (last i checked). He brought this one out to a picnic:

http://www.mountainbosshoss.com/used08/02_cat_bike/02_606_cat.htm

and i got to crawl around it. Its um... stupid. no other word. 606ci with 600+ horsepower. Not counting the nos bottle hes added to it

Sailariel
August 28th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Guess there are some people with a lot of disposable income. Am perfectly happy with the ninjette. If I had a craving for an "Oh Wowie" machine, I would get one of those Lotus Super 7 fiberglass kit cars and stick a `Busa engine in it. We have one of them around here, and that thing really smokes.

sombo
August 28th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I'll have to find the video on youtube later when I get home. However, they took a Boss Hoss vs a ZX-14 and the Kawi smoked him HARD every time. It has too much power and mass and not enough traction. You have to find the balance where your power doesn't overwhelm the traction vs the mass. The Boss Hoss is just for show IMO.

ScorpionNinja
August 28th, 2009, 01:58 PM
no man or woman would be Brave enuff (lol) to test that thing out to its FULL top speed.... at the Boniville Salt Flats, UT!!!! :eek:

Rayme
August 28th, 2009, 02:06 PM
I would think the rotational torque of the v8 would make it practicaly impossible to get any descend acceleration out of the bikes..ever seen a muscle car body roll on idle when revving up without any load? LOL...

sofo
August 28th, 2009, 02:32 PM
I read a review of a Boss Hoss in a magazine recently, they compared it to the new Triumph cruiser. The back view of the Hoss with a rider splaying over it is hilarious. I recently saw a couple of Boss Hoss trikes at a bike show and those things apparently hook up well.

Bizarre though. ;)

sombo
August 28th, 2009, 02:39 PM
fI_GvCl8ei8

Mista Bob
August 28th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Think one of those will fit in a Ninja 250? :p

Sinister
August 28th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Yea, theres no doubt a hoss is just for the show factor. That and sheer presence. There is NO mistaking when someone arrives and leaves on one of these things. The lower part of their driveway is gravel, and while he was riding across it the exhaust pulses were just blowing divets into the gravel. I have to admit, it was pretty cool.

sofo
August 28th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Yea, theres no doubt a hoss is just for the show factor. That and sheer presence. There is NO mistaking when someone arrives and leaves on one of these things. The lower part of their driveway is gravel, and while he was riding across it the exhaust pulses were just blowing divets into the gravel. I have to admit, it was pretty cool.

Like buying tank tracks for a big-ass 4x4 truck I guess eh?

Grn99Kawi
August 28th, 2009, 06:00 PM
that's it.. I'm going to put a ZX14 engine in mah two fiddy!

randomwalk101
August 29th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Small pen!s syndrome. Tyler: Boss Hoss.

my peni$ is too big so i'm thinking of putting a 50cc into the 250r to compensate...will it fit? :p

jola
August 29th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I wonder how his knee feels resting on that valve cover.

nate-bama
August 29th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I'll have to find the video on youtube later when I get home. However, they took a Boss Hoss vs a ZX-14 and the Kawi smoked him HARD every time. It has too much power and mass and not enough traction. You have to find the balance where your power doesn't overwhelm the traction vs the mass. The Boss Hoss is just for show IMO.

I saw that, it was pretty cool watching the hoss smoke it's tire for like a mile