View Full Version : Airhawk seat pads?

ScorpionNinja
August 28th, 2009, 11:14 AM
http://<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5G_yZLgF76c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5G_yZLgF76c&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

if this link works, ive been thinking of buying one of these. its mobile, less then a corbin custom seat, it can be used for your Other motorcycles too. I value these factors over the 'looks of a custom seat' - made with gel in it,etc and covered in a custom cover! Looks arent everything! :thumbup:

crap how the hell do you copy/pasy a LINK for a Youtube video man? sorry my IQ is only 32!

sombo
August 28th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Link didn't work, just shows a paragraph of gibberish. I've read about that seat before though. It was in an article about a guy using a pre-gen 250 to do the 1000 miles in a day Iron Butt Challenge. He used an Airhawk seat cushion and said it worked great up until the last couple hundred miles when even the cushioning of the seat and pad combined weren't enough to overcome the numb butt from that long of a ride in such a short time span. I'd say it's well worth the money for one if you get it. But that's just my opinion.

ScorpionNinja
August 28th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Link didn't work, just shows a paragraph of gibberish. I've read about that seat before though. It was in an article about a guy using a pre-gen 250 to do the 1000 miles in a day Iron Butt Challenge. He used an Airhawk seat cushion and said it worked great up until the last couple hundred miles when even the cushioning of the seat and pad combined weren't enough to overcome the numb butt from that long of a ride in such a short time span. I'd say it's well worth the money for one if you get it. But that's just my opinion.

well ****, i NEVER plan on doing a 1000 mile ride in my lifetime! lol

hopefully itll work great for say 500 miles (one way trip) with the short breaks of getting Gas, using a bathroom, then back on the open Road!

wink , wink Traverse City, Mi. TRIP!!!!!!

Alex
August 28th, 2009, 11:46 AM
crap how the hell do you copy/pasy a LINK for a Youtube video man? sorry my IQ is only 32!

How to post a video (http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5900) on this site.

CRXTrek
August 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
if this link works, ive been thinking of buying one of these. its mobile, less then a corbin custom seat, it can be used for your Other motorcycles too. I value these factors over the 'looks of a custom seat' - made with gel in it,etc and covered in a custom cover! Looks arent everything! :thumbup:

5G_yZLgF76c
:D

Alex
August 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Had one of those airhawks a few years back. It was OK, but not great. The issue for me was that it is absolutely dependent on having the exact right amount of air pressure in it for it to be truly more comfortable than the seat it is being placed on. Just a little too much pressure, and you're floating around on it and it isn't a secure feeling on the seat. Just a little too low pressure, and pretty soon it's too thin and you're right back on the seat itself again, with little to no improvement in comfort. Some people do swear by them, but they are a little too finicky for me to make it worth the trouble. If seat comfort is truly an issue, I'd investigate changing the seat out itself for a custom one more suited to your own particular needs.

ScorpionNinja
August 28th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Had one of those airhawks a few years back. It was OK, but not great. The issue for me was that it is absolutely dependent on having the exact right amount of air pressure in it for it to be truly more comfortable than the seat it is being placed on. Just a little too much pressure, and you're floating around on it and it isn't a secure feeling on the seat. Just a little too low pressure, and pretty soon it's too thin and you're right back on the seat itself again, with little to no improvement in comfort. Some people do swear by them, but they are a little too finicky for me to make it worth the trouble. If seat comfort is truly an issue, I'd investigate changing the seat out itself for a custom one more suited to your own particular needs.

but a custom seat can and will get waaay over Costly for me. airhawks on ebay so far cheapest prices $133+$12 S&H. corbin seats are like $259. anyhow is there a website that has done a radical 'seat pad' testing with the 411 on what is the 'best' of the best,etc? ive googled and GOOGLED and scrolled through many pages and yet to find such a 'report - in depth'. :(

noche_caliente
August 29th, 2009, 08:12 AM
A lot of it depends on what you prefer - there's a post on here somewhere that talks about it being the pressure points and the comfort there that really matters... it said that even a metal tractor seat can be more comfortable if it has the proper fit... some people like the corbins, others hate them because they say they aren't comfortable... I like mine quite a bit, but my dad says it's too hard and he much prefers his Sargent - it seems the Sargents are more padded and a bit softer - it all comes down to personal opinion I guess