View Full Version : New gen fork swap, your OEM 4 my valved and sprung

subxero
September 4th, 2016, 07:34 PM
As stated in other threads, i might be selling my bike so i am putting it back to stock as i won't really get any more money for it with the extra bits :thumbup:

Swap your OEM forks for my forks with emulators and race tech springs soo kinda free... no?

1.5hrs East of Pittsburgh, 2hr from Frederick MD

My front forks have race tech emulators and springs, sprung for 170-190 ish lbs

I don't feel like taking the emulators out, as i would have to track down some OEM dampening rods and those seem to be something that dont get sold by themselves much so i would probably have to buy whole set of forks blah blah blah.

So for anyone localish or willing to make a trip. Show up, we swap forks and call it good, you can also have the take off OEM springs and other stuff i have laying around. :thumbup:

Should be pretty simple to take front wheels, calipers off, drop the forks out of the clamps, swap forks, back together and that is all she wrote.

If i end up tracking down the rods cheap i might take the emulators and springs out and sell them off.

Snake
September 5th, 2016, 06:33 AM
That is a great deal! I wish I lived closer.

JohnnyBravo
September 6th, 2016, 10:07 AM
:whathesaid:

RacinNinja
September 6th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Wish I lived closer. Just put new fork seals in mine, plus they have springs and preload caps. So, new owner of yours would be getting some bling while mine would be upgraded!

spent_too_much
September 10th, 2016, 12:21 AM
I'm interested in your stock fork springs. How much, shipped to 02779?

Flying
September 10th, 2016, 05:29 AM
Are you still offering these Joe? I'm willing to make a trip from NJ to make the swap.

subxero
September 11th, 2016, 01:12 PM
yeah, You are looking at over a 4hr trip if you take the turn pike the whole way, not my favorite drive in the world.

Flying
September 11th, 2016, 02:07 PM
yeah, You are looking at over a 4hr trip if you take the turn pike the whole way, not my favorite drive in the world.
No big deal, I've gotta take a look at roads outside of this state at some point.

Is the upcoming weekend or the one after it good for you? My plan is to clean up the forks during the weekdays and drive over on Saturday or Sunday. PM me what you think.

subxero
September 26th, 2016, 05:55 AM
All taken care of.

Props to Matt for making the long trip out to get this done.

Hopefully the trip back went well.