View Full Version : Logged in with wrong username and password?

JohnnyBravo
September 26th, 2016, 01:50 PM
What in the world is this??? I log in but it says I used the wrong username or password???

RacinNinja
September 26th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Looks like you're logged in to me?? Or this happens after a correct log in?

Snake
September 26th, 2016, 02:48 PM
I once logged in as someone else and wound up getting into a fight with "Myself".

JohnnyBravo
September 27th, 2016, 06:07 AM
Looks like you're logged in to me?? Or this happens after a correct log in?

Yea... It logged me in, but put that in the screen :idunno: ninjette gremlins :rotflmao:

JohnnyBravo
September 27th, 2016, 06:07 AM
I once logged in as someone else and wound up getting into a fight with "Myself".

Haha... Did you get you banned???

Alex
September 27th, 2016, 06:11 AM
That is very weird! After you hit back, did it still show you as logged in, or did it require you to re-enter your password?

choneofakind
September 27th, 2016, 08:43 AM
It's a case of Schrodinger's Harper; he is both logged in and logged out at the same time.

SLOWn60
September 27th, 2016, 08:52 AM
The Jiggles effect?

NevadaWolf
September 27th, 2016, 11:12 AM
It's a case of Schrodinger's Harper; he is both logged in and logged out at the same time.

But is it really the same since in this case we know that he is both in and out simultaneously, but in the cat's case it is the unknown that allows it to be both dead and alive?

Or have I misunderstood the experiment?

Or do I just need more coffee this morning?

choneofakind
September 27th, 2016, 02:28 PM
But is it really the same since in this case we know that he is both in and out simultaneously, but in the cat's case it is the unknown that allows it to be both dead and alive?

but! Here lies the problem!

If he is logged in, he is not logged out. And if he is logged out, he cannot be logged it.

therefore he is not both, he is neither until the ninjette decides. Schrodinger's Harper. :rotflmao:

csmith12
September 27th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I know this version of vbulletin is kinda old, but could it be a partial caching issue? Partial caching is mostly server side, but perhaps on the client (browser)?

InvisiBill
September 28th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Hmmmmm. My first theory was that he ended up at the "you're not logged in" page while being logged in due to a bad link. Sometimes you can go directly to e.g. /YouHaveBeenLoggedOut.php while logged in, and it will say "Thanks for logging out", even though you didn't actually log out, because you went to YouHaveBeenLoggedOut.php directly rather than going to logout.php (which logs you out then redirects you to YouHaveBeenLoggedOut.php afterward). But it looks like vB doesn't work that way, so it isn't really possible to do that.

My next guess is along the lines of what csmith12 said. I wonder if while vB was generating the page, the timing caused it to pull up the main part before the login process finished, but other parts (like the user info) were loaded after the login finished. So half of the page was made while logged out, and half while logged in. I'd expect the parts to be the opposite of that (user info not shown, but logged in thread there), but I haven't poked around vB too much to be familiar with how it actually generates the pages.

Or maybe the NSA's sniffer on Alex's server hiccuped.

Alex
September 28th, 2016, 10:13 AM
It's a timing issue of some kind - the full page load failed at some point and recovered in a weird way. All of these dynamic pages have many more moving parts than one might think, creating each part of what the user sees from many different templates. When something burps, it more normally would fail by showing whatever type of network error caused the problem, "lost connection", etc. This failure but not failure is definitely a weird one. Just to be safe, I should probably ban JB's account, right? :)

choneofakind
September 28th, 2016, 04:42 PM
Burps??? excuse you, Ninjette!

JohnnyBravo
September 28th, 2016, 06:03 PM
That is very weird! After you hit back, did it still show you as logged in, or did it require you to re-enter your password?

I didn't hit back; I was logged in perfectly so, I just screen shot it an posted this thread up
To see if anything was not right with the forum :idunno:

JohnnyBravo
September 28th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Tech jargon, tech jargon, Big Bang theory joke, tech jargon...

Well if I didn't break nothing it's like how many licks to the center of the tootsie pop...
Y'all have fun discussing it though :thumbup:

SLOWn60
September 28th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Tech jargon, tech jargon, Big Bang theory joke, tech jargon...

Well if I didn't break nothing it's like how many licks to the center of the tootsie pop...
Y'all have fun discussing it though :thumbup:

I keep getting helpful post credits from JohnnyBravo....or do I? Or are they just a sign of Internet forum flatulence? :confused:
:D

choneofakind
September 28th, 2016, 07:37 PM
Too much dairy.

JohnnyBravo
September 29th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Too much dairy.

How'd you know I was back on the animals :confused: you been stalking my IG? :rotflmao: