View Full Version : Anyone ever hear of, have or find any pics of a rear tire hugger for our pregens?

Grn99Kawi
August 30th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Just as the title says.. was just thinkin about how nice tire huggers look on the 08-up bikes.. and sport bikes in general...

Has anyone found one that works without mods or with minimal mods?

Just curious...
Adam

nate-bama
September 1st, 2009, 07:02 PM
Whats a tire hugger?

P1NDLESK1N
September 1st, 2009, 08:29 PM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Tire+Hugger
:doh:

Verus Cidere
September 2nd, 2009, 12:17 AM
Hmmmm...... I have an idea. I'll get back to you guys in a couple of days to let you know what it is and whether or not it works. ;)

nate-bama
September 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
that would look pretty sweet with a chopped fender

Verus Cidere
September 3rd, 2009, 08:39 AM
Ok folks, I'm going to go ahead and let the cat out of the bag now that I'm fairly certain I can accomplish this. I'm going to try and make a tire hugger out of the rear fender I replaced with a comp werkes fender elim. (I always knew there was another good reason for keeping that massive ugly piece of plastic in one piece.) I'll give you guys more details as I work, but I'm going to attempt to make a DIY for this project, if it works out. My biggest worry is figuring out how to get the thing to fit in underneath the tail. I might end up needing to trim the other fender piece that's still on the bike...... :D

Greg_E
September 3rd, 2009, 09:07 AM
I would start with some vinyl sheet from US Plastics:
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=67&product_id=20684

Why waste a good part when you are going to go through several revisions before you are done?

Verus Cidere
September 3rd, 2009, 12:17 PM
I'm going to go through revisions? I'm not making some kind of well-developed part that I can recreate and sell. I'm much more worried about whether or not it'll actually fit the bike. If I can find a way to get it to fit, I'll just mount it up. The prototype will be the finished product. I'm not wasting a good part either. I don't use it at all. It's been sitting in my garage collecting dust. Besides, this isn't going to cost me a cent. I'm going to cut off a little bit at a time and see if it fits and is still able to attach somewhere. If it doesn't work out, I end up with no hugger and a little more garage space. :D

JaeL
September 4th, 2009, 06:54 PM
:confused::eek:Whats a tire hugger?

nate-bama
September 5th, 2009, 08:58 PM
:confused::eek:

ha ha ha im a idiot, oh well if its not me its someone else