almost40
August 31st, 2009, 11:36 PM
and some more

almost40
August 31st, 2009, 11:44 PM
and the rest

Nickds7
September 1st, 2009, 12:29 AM
Sucks. Looks like your alright though. Hows the bike?

lockie
September 1st, 2009, 04:37 AM
Best reason I've seen for awhile for wearing all the gear. Glad you could drive away from it by the looks of things.

Take Care

bob706
September 1st, 2009, 06:13 AM
:eek: How did you and the bike come out? Nothing bad I hope.

almost40
September 1st, 2009, 09:44 AM
I was fine, just a little bruise on my pinky toe and a little tightness that went away the next morning. That was my last novice day of track riding. I rode Intermediate the very next day with no problems. I had to replace a bar in the clip-ons (for $6 from a guy at the track) and that was it. I bought a new peg when I got home because that sides peg was about a 1/2 inch shorter. (ground off) The bike is a little scratched up (all plastic) but other than that no biggie (Its a track bike anyway) If I would have had the stock rearsets and bars my weekend would have been over. THANK YOU WOODCRAFT for making a crashworthy product. Kodos to Joe Rocket for making great gear and a special thanks to Bohn for there awesome back protector.

gizmogamez
September 1st, 2009, 09:52 AM
great pics! glad to see you got up.

Quiks66
September 1st, 2009, 12:30 PM
Better to have a get-off at the track than on the street :thumbup:

BTW I would NEVER use a half-face folding helmet while doing any performance riding. Invest in a full-face non-folding lid!

OldGuy
September 1st, 2009, 01:08 PM
Glad you are OK - as you said ATGATT. Way too close to that last bike. Hope you bought him a beer after the session.

almost40
September 1st, 2009, 11:07 PM
I thanked him for not running me over. ALOT
As far as my helmet goes, its the best fitting, with the most padding inside and the most comforable in my garage. I have 3 to choose from.

paterick4o8
September 2nd, 2009, 01:53 AM
glad you're alright
and nice pics! haha if this was me I think I would frame one of them for my wall. kudos to the photographer

your bike looked like it was in good shape after the slide. did you have frame sliders or it was pretty much the handle bar and rearset peg that kept your bike from more damage?

also, looks like you barely saved your helmet from hitting the ground

almost40
September 2nd, 2009, 09:07 AM
Yeah there wasnt a scratch on my helmet. GOOD THING TOO.
Besides the peg and the clip-ons. My plastic took the biggest shot and no I didnt have frame sliders. The plastic and my Area P took all the scratching. Not a thing on the frame, shocks, or swingarm.

tjkamper
September 2nd, 2009, 09:12 AM
I'm glad you came out of it with very little damage.

SlowCheetah
September 2nd, 2009, 09:47 AM
Looks like your break dancing in that sequence of pics... lmao.

Glad your ok though :D.

JaeL
September 2nd, 2009, 05:50 PM
that was a narly!

Verus Cidere
September 2nd, 2009, 10:02 PM
Is it just me or is the guy on the ZX6 smiling as he passes by you while you're lying on the track? :rolleyes:

Glad to hear that you're ok. :thumbup:

Ntotot
September 6th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Nasty.

I notice that you're using a flip-up helmet?. I'm a bit surprised that they allow you to race using type of helmet. Here, we weren't allowed to use that kind of helmet in the track as it will be easily broke up the flip part and expose the rider to possible facial injury.

Anyway, great track pics!

paterick4o8
September 7th, 2009, 12:39 AM
well if it's a DOT approved helmet, I guess it's ok to use

stingray
September 7th, 2009, 09:46 AM
well if it's a DOT approved helmet, I guess it's ok to use

"skid lids" are also DOT approved...

almost40
September 7th, 2009, 01:45 PM
My daughter showed me how to use this new crappy camera so I took a few pics.
Heres the damage

paterick4o8
September 8th, 2009, 12:30 AM
"skid lids" are also DOT approved...

:confused: you know what I mean.. full faced + DOT approved

Jam3s
September 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM
by the way almost40not to change th subject but do u notice a large differance with the 41t sproket?

almost40
September 17th, 2009, 10:45 AM
I noticed more top speed if thats what your asking. I change the rear sprocket for almost every track. The 41 is a good match for the layout at Gingerman. Yes you lose a little pull out of the corners but you shift less and can concentrate more on your lines and being smooth. there are a few sections there at Gingerman where I wind out all of third gear then brake and crank the turn. If the gearing was shorter I would have to upshift then downshift then brake and then turn. I do enough rowing of the gears already to keep the motor singing. I think you MAY shave a few tenths with a 43 there but thats if you really like to shift up and down ALOT.

Jam3s
September 17th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Interesting i was considering changing either sproket before i hit the track but that little bit of info has me sold. By the way where did you get the 41 tooth? iv only see 42 and up.

RaceBikeRentals
September 18th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Ouch... sliders would have prevented most of that damage. Just sayin :D

almost40
September 18th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I got my 41 at JT sprockets. 41 for Gingerman and your call 41/43 for Grattan I ran both and liked both but endend up running the 41 the last time at Grattan. (Because I was to lazy to change it mostly.)

mick37
October 25th, 2009, 11:22 PM
every time I come to this site I find more reasons to love this motorcycle, it has to be the be the most visiltile bike ever made,I love it and very happy I invested in one.
And with very good care I do consider this as an investment.

Syphen
October 26th, 2009, 06:09 PM
Looks rough. PS, someone make a GIF of that!

sixer
January 13th, 2010, 03:18 AM
wut was your mistake on the fall-

nice form-

ninja250
January 13th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I was fine, just a little bruise on my pinky toe and a little tightness that went away the next morning. That was my last novice day of track riding. I rode Intermediate the very next day with no problems. I had to replace a bar in the clip-ons (for $6 from a guy at the track) and that was it. I bought a new peg when I got home because that sides peg was about a 1/2 inch shorter. (ground off) The bike is a little scratched up (all plastic) but other than that no biggie (Its a track bike anyway) If I would have had the stock rearsets and bars my weekend would have been over. THANK YOU WOODCRAFT for making a crashworthy product. Kodos to Joe Rocket for making great gear and a special thanks to Bohn for there awesome back protector.

Beautiful.
Nice pics man! Sucks you bailed but right back on the bike! :thumbup: Hell yes.

nice form-
Yeah I don't know anything about crashing bikes but that did seem well handled. All your limbs were out there to catch you well and bent instead of straight. Looked good.

bdavison
January 13th, 2010, 07:32 AM
I took a highside right on my chin using a flip up fulmer helmet.....it did not fail.

almost40
January 13th, 2010, 11:49 AM
What went wrong?? LOL, everything.
It was a combination of things.
Green track, cool track (It rained all morning)
Tar strip in the seams of the asphault
Slightly incorrect line (had me crossing the tar strip in the wrong spot)
Overlean to correct my line
Ran out of side bite on the front tire
Pushing too hard to early
Too much speed
Too much brake, too late in the corner (because of too much speed)
Overconfidence and underexperience

The list goes on and on but those are the main reasons
I learned the hard way to RIDE WITHIN YOUR LIMITS and THE BIKES LIMITS.

JessyBee
January 13th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Oh man, glad youre okay, pics are awesome though. Hehe.

I never forget my first crash. Wasn't bad but it reminds me to always wear gear, even when just going out real quick.

Dust-yo-self-off-n-go!