View Full Version : Best Motorcycle Shops: Your thoughts, Alex

Sailariel
September 1st, 2009, 01:12 PM
I don`t know how realistic this is. We have forum members from all over the world and just about every state in the US. All of us deal with dealers and shops. Wouldn`t it be nice if this forum generated a list of shops that give good to outstanding service. We should DEFINITELY NOT list or even mention shops that are bad news--that gets into legal stuff we don`t need. Members can recommend dealers and shops they have had positive relationships with. It could be a handy reference for those of us who use our Ninjettes as Sport/Touring Bikes. It could be a good route planning tool. I, for one, already have 8,000 miles on the clock and the bike was bought new June 08.

OrlandoF0891
September 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
I live in Bradenton, FL (Manatee). I would recommend the Cycle Gear here on US 301 just past the Sarasota County Line. They have great customer service and the people there treat you as you should be treated. Very down to earth people.

As for dealership. I'd say Granny's Motorsports located on the intersection of US 301 and University Parkway. The people are great there too.

backinthesaddleagain
September 1st, 2009, 01:59 PM
Razee Motorcycle in Rhode Island. Been around since the 50's. Multi brands of Japanese and European bikes. Staff has experience in road riding, mx, road racing, trials, drag racing, enduro/scrambles. Many of the staff have been there along time. They also have someone who does restoration of old bikes, and a good collection of vintage/rare/special bikes that aren't for sale but are cool to look at.

Strider
September 1st, 2009, 02:18 PM
Gastonia , North Carolina ...
Just off I-85 at the Cox Road exit is Suzuki/Kawasaki of Gastonia
BEST Kawasaki repair shop in NC as far as I'm concerned :)
Harry and the guys go above and beyond to get a bike back into shape!

Sailariel
September 1st, 2009, 02:22 PM
In my area of Coastal Maine, I like Friend and Friend in Ellsworth and Orono. Very professional and a very large dealer (three buildings) Service manager races a ~Busa and rides a Vmax for his personal bike. All the salespeople ride. In Northport, on Rte 1 Phil Reid, Reid`s Cycles is very knowledgable. He is known for his work on Ducati and has several tricked out Ducatis in his shop along with Kawasaki Literbikes and Suzuki. He prefers to work on Sportbikes, loves the Ninjette, and does meticulous work. Your bike may spend a couple of days in his shop. He is a perfectionist.

noche_caliente
September 1st, 2009, 04:14 PM
Hillbilly Cycle Sales in Princeton, WV has been great with me, though I've heard things that make me question a little bit from another member who went for the 7500 mile service there.... also Casey Cycle City in Newport News, VA is AMAZING. If only they weren't so far from me :(

andrewexd
September 2nd, 2009, 12:14 PM
speaking of cycle gear, they're having an after hours sale tonight. from 7-9 pm 10% off everything including sale items, 20% armor, and up to 40% of mesh jackets / pants

http://www.cyclegear.com/AHS_AUG_2009.cfm

zartan
September 2nd, 2009, 11:35 PM
Monroe motorsports. MY all time fav... they just dropped the Kawi. bikes and are carrying Husky big yard equipment. The flooring costs were killing them. It makes me soooo sad. but they still have a kick-a** service and parts center and will order you a bike in. They needed to change with the needs of the community. Hopefully they will bring them back. I hate shopping at the Mega bike stores.

smcbride11
September 3rd, 2009, 07:57 AM
Razee Motorcycle in Rhode Island.

+1

There are closer shops to me, but I always go there because they've always been great to me - and they sell everything, so you've always got a great selection of new and used bikes. I didn't know about the restoration piece, though - I've got a lead on a CB750K for $300 but I'll need some help with a few pieces... thanks for the tip, Greg!

backinthesaddleagain
September 3rd, 2009, 07:06 PM
+1

There are closer shops to me, but I always go there because they've always been great to me - and they sell everything, so you've always got a great selection of new and used bikes. I didn't know about the restoration piece, though - I've got a lead on a CB750K for $300 but I'll need some help with a few pieces... thanks for the tip, Greg!

Not at all. Graham is really good with the resto stuff.

mwc951
September 8th, 2009, 03:59 PM
I was quite shocked during my quest for a 250r. Went to 5 dealers in SW PA.
Xtreme of Washington County, Uniontown Kawasaki, Angel's, Tom Clark & Bentley's.

Best experience of the 5 was the large Honda/Suzuki dealer, the sales guy was an adult and very professional. My experience with the 4 Kawasaki dealers was laughable. One place was a large chain, the kids they had selling were bragging that neither of them currently had bikes due to crashes and one kid who got life-flighted from his crash spoke of it as a badge of honor. That's been 3 weeks ago and not so much as a follow up phone call to try to close the deal. Another place the kid told me he didn't wait on me cause he thought I was there to sell him something!?? I AM in sales and I had on a shirt and tie...but damn! Scary that these folks trust kids to run their business.
Ended up buying a pristine '08 with 1700 miles from an individual.
Way more pleasant & confidence inspiring experience than ANY of the dealers.

zev42
September 8th, 2009, 04:13 PM
In Southern California, I highly recommend Asylum Motorcycles in La Puente, Ca. They go above and beyond with service, advice and rider safety.

Sailariel
September 8th, 2009, 04:44 PM
In Southern California, I highly recommend Asylum Motorcycles in La Puente, Ca. They go above and beyond with service, advice and rider safety.

Would NOT NOT NOT NOT recommend &*(&*@(#&*(@)&#*@..............

Zev, I know I am not the webmaster, but we should all refrain from identifying "bad" shops---not that I wouldn`t like the info, but in our litigious society, this forum could get some grief from some ambulance chaser. We had a forum for sailing cruisers worldwide and we wanted to publish the names of good mechanics on the Intercoastal Waterway. Some people began citing horror stories from some marinas. The net finally had to shut off all communications--good and bad. Let`s try to stick to the good to outstanding.

zev42
September 8th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Zev, I know I am not the webmaster, but we should all refrain from identifying "bad" shops---not that I wouldn`t like the info, but in our litigious society, this forum could get some grief from some ambulance chaser. We had a forum for sailing cruisers worldwide and we wanted to publish the names of good mechanics on the Intercoastal Waterway. Some people began citing horror stories from some marinas. The net finally had to shut off all communications--good and bad. Let`s try to stick to the good to outstanding.

Edited :)

Sailariel
September 8th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Michelle, Thanks a million. Very nice Red bike. Ride Safe.