View Full Version : Moths?

DarkNinja52
September 2nd, 2009, 12:38 PM
I moved into my place in centereach because school is starting up again. I park the bike in the driveway and leave a cover on it.

Every morning when I look at the bike, the cover seems to have small holes/tears in it :eek: . Could this be from moths? they look like rips but the bike seems to be okay. Is it possible that bugs could be doing this?

I will take some pictures and post them later today, I'm in the library and have class in 14 minutes.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or have heard of something like this ever happening? I'm really kind of concerned. Maybe a housemate backed over the bike cover when I take the bike out or something? I doubt it though, seems to happen overnight. Any help?

backinthesaddleagain
September 2nd, 2009, 12:52 PM
mice like bikes, mabye the are biiting the cover

Momaru
September 2nd, 2009, 12:55 PM
Any chance it's hot exhaust melting holes in the cover? Goodness knows my boss does that enough with his riding lawnmower...

Grn99Kawi
September 2nd, 2009, 01:53 PM
You need to move back to Nassau.. lol

Seriously.. I dont think moths could work that fast and that consistently.. Where are the tears located relative to the bike?

DarkNinja52
September 2nd, 2009, 02:56 PM
i just got home, i'll take some pics,
there just randomly everywhere

DarkNinja52
September 2nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
here, not too good but take a look, prob just got backed over but idk

DarkNinja52
September 2nd, 2009, 03:21 PM
theyre by the handlebars seat and tailights

noche_caliente
September 2nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
strange... I had a moth on my bike and it left a white powdery trail - right after I had washed her - pissed me off... no clue about the holes though

P1NDLESK1N
September 2nd, 2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.ninjette.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25353&highlight=mothra

I'm sure these moths would make short work of anything. I've seen two on the island.

DarkNinja52
September 3rd, 2009, 12:15 AM
haha yea i was reading about that thread before i posted lol. those look ridiculous, i assume they would just leave with the bike if they wanted haha

TrueFaith
September 5th, 2009, 08:28 AM
I have no idea what it is, but if you find out let me know. I just went out to take down my nylon screen house in my back yard for the season. It looked like someone had thrown acid on it. Small tears and holes everywhere. This was the first year it was up and those holes weren't there a few weeks ago. Had to throw it away which really ticks me off since I spent months searching for and ordering the right one. At first I thought it was insects or birds, or maybe birds going after insects on the other side of the screening, but that seems unlikely. As far as I know nylon is not a part of any creature's diet. Acid rain? Also doubtful. It's really weird and I'd love to know what caused it. :(