View Full Version : Chinese sport bikes?

Greg_E
September 3rd, 2009, 08:54 AM
There are a few UM air cooled "sport" bikes showing up on ebay, just wondering if anyone knew anything about them?

Also some dishonest sellers like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370254712484 with the "rare" GSXR250 and the UM stamped in the engine and next to the gauge.

zev42
September 3rd, 2009, 08:59 AM
I've never heard of a GSXR250... it doesn't even look like a GSXR, lol!

rockNroll
September 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
I ride with a guy who owns a Hyosung (United Motors) GT 250r (07 model I think). It rides on a wider rear tire, has inverted forks and dual front discs. He has an Ixil pipe and carbs jetted. He weighs approx 170lbs, I weigh 195 and I can pull him in the straights on the 250 ninja (shimmed needles, drilled slides and snorkel gone).

He has a lot of "250 fun" with it and he likes the bike. He favors it over his 250 Ninja (a pre gen and I don't remember what year it is). He says the UM bike handles better. I've never ridden the UM but looking at it,well..it seems real "cheap" to me. It sure is nice to have someone to pal-around with on a 250 when I hit the mountains on the Ninja:D

Alex
September 3rd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Don't know much about 'em. /thread moved to General; this is definitely motorcycle-related.

backinthesaddleagain
September 3rd, 2009, 09:23 AM
i would worry about parts. A small engine shop near me sells them, but i think he has cut back significantly. First answer to that might be the economy, but he has filled floor space with Arctic Cat and Polari ATV's.

Greg_E
September 3rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
Some of the used prices on Ebay are really cheap, but all of them are way far away from me. For $1200 or so I would definitely be interested enough to take a test ride though it doesn't pass one of my absolute criteria which is it must be liquid cooled so that I can switch it to FI.

Anthony_marr
September 3rd, 2009, 11:29 AM
There are a few UM air cooled "sport" bikes showing up on ebay, just wondering if anyone knew anything about them?

Also some dishonest sellers like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370254712484 with the "rare" GSXR250 and the UM stamped in the engine and next to the gauge.

That is no Suzuki. It is a bona fide Hyosung GT250R. Looks good, functionally comparable to the Ninjette, but quality-wise poor.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x70/AnthonyMarr/HyosungGT250R.jpg

Anthony_marr
September 3rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
And here is the so-called Suzuki.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x70/AnthonyMarr/HyosungGT250RSuzuki.jpg

Verus Cidere
September 3rd, 2009, 11:54 AM
I was about to say the same thing. It's just a repainted Hyosung. There's a thread around here somewhere comparing it to the ninjette. Our little ninjette beats the GT250 hands down. :D

Anthony_marr
September 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
Don't know who he is trying to kid. I can't see any sport bike rider buying a sport bike without at least checking into the specs of the model and surfing the net on the bike and salivating over it for a while before taking the plunge. I read a lot about the Ninjette before deciding on it.

Verus Cidere
September 3rd, 2009, 12:20 PM
Some people are just stupid like that. Impulse buying is much easier on the internet. All they have to do is make it look sexy and there's a very good possibility that someone will impulse-buy like there's no tomorrow.

cifex
September 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
And here is the so-called Suzuki.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x70/AnthonyMarr/HyosungGT250RSuzuki.jpg

Ebay listing reported. :D

karlosdajackal
September 3rd, 2009, 12:29 PM
I saw MCN do a comparison of the Hyosung (UM) and the Ninja 250.

They said overall both are great bikes. But parts are hard to come by for the Hyosung and they said the build actually looked ok, but even though they had a new bike straight of the dealers floor some of the Hyosung nuts and bolts where already rusted up. Don't seem to hold there value all that well either. Its a shame really if they bumped up the quality control we could have a nice competion between the Kawsaki and Hyosung and ultimately we would all get better 250s over the next few years as a result.

Oh look found the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkqDzeCVkX0

rockNroll
September 3rd, 2009, 12:30 PM
cifex, I HAD to send a message to the seller... wonder if I'll get a reply.

cifex
September 3rd, 2009, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately the comments section was not enabled. That would've been fun.....

Anthony_marr
September 3rd, 2009, 12:38 PM
cifex, I HAD to send a message to the seller... wonder if I'll get a reply.

Wow, since he is into 250s, maybe he is a Ninjette member? :eek:

If so, we could start another flaming war right here! :D

Anthony_marr
September 3rd, 2009, 12:43 PM
Some people are just stupid like that. Impulse buying is much easier on the internet. All they have to do is make it look sexy and there's a very good possibility that someone will impulse-buy like there's no tomorrow.

Can't wait for the first thing that goes wrong with the Hyosung GT250R, and the impulsive owner takes it to a Suzuki dealership... The warranty is still good, right?

Anthony_marr
September 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Can't wait for the first thing that goes wrong with the Hyosung GT250R, and the impulsive owner takes it to a Suzuki dealership... The warranty is still good, right?

And when he takes it back to a Hyosung dealer, as the Suzuki dealer suggested, they'd take a look at the Suzuki label and say "_________"

The Hyosung's price is comparable to the Ninjettes, so the guy is trying to take $1000 max for all that trouble (claimed value of the "Suzuki" - $4999)? And very likely a law suit?

cifex
September 3rd, 2009, 01:10 PM
I'd guess that the fool who falls for it is prob not going to be the type to take it up with the law but who knows.

Greg_E
September 3rd, 2009, 01:51 PM
What I said:

I would need some proof that this is really a Suzuki authorized product before I would put down any money. It clearly has the UM manufacturer stamp in the engine cover and on the gauge panel. You might want to make it very clear that this is not a real GSX-R before someone buys it and finds out the truth, Especially for $4000+ I have not had a reply in the few hours since I sent that message.

When I was on the Suzuki website today I was looking for an email link, but they do not have one.

noche_caliente
September 3rd, 2009, 03:39 PM
Here's the listing for when it gets pulled :)

I just can't believe how scummy this person is to even make the listing!
The rear sprocket looks like a joke!

And I love the part where it says it has an unlimited mileage 3-year warranty, and then it says later that there is not warranty
2008 SUZUKI GXS-R 250
Miles: 2700 VIN #: KM1MJ527981603406
Engine: 2 Cylinder Price: $4999
Transmission: Manual Exterior Color: Black
This Vehicle is: USED Interior Color: Black

If You are Interested Please Contact Us Regarding this Vehicle

VEHICLE INFO

YOU ARE LOOKING AT A 2008 SUZUKI GXSR-250R LOOK LIKE A 650 FOR SCOOTER MONEY READ MORE BELOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL ME HW AT 910-445-1645 THIS MACHINE COMES WITH A 3 YEAR UNLIMITED MILE WARRANTY.

THIS BIKE HAS BEEN RIDDEN A MERE 2700 MILES AND HAS JUST BEEN SERVICED AND IS READY TO RIDE ANYTIME ANYWHERE.

WE ARE OFFERING THIS FINE MACHINE FOR ONLY 7 DAYS WITH BIDDING TO START AT JUST $1.00

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL HW AT 910-445-1645

A True Sport Bike

The all new 2008 GXSR 250R is a true sport bike. Other machines in its class, most of which have been unchanged for many years, are more accurately considered “sporty standards.” This all new 250cc sport machine carries a full compliment of true sport bike features. Starting with a thoroughly modern perimeter frame, this true full fairing sport bike features inverted front forks, mono shock rear suspension, clip on handle bars, fully adjustable rear sets (foot rests) and a powerful 72 degree V-twin power plant. Projector head lamps and modern chassis and body work design add to its unique utility and value. No other machine in its class or price range can compare.

This agile, powerful sport machine has a low seat height and good manners, making it accessible to the entry level rider, and satisfying to the more advanced enthusiast who demands the best in modern design for light weight sport riding on the road or the track.

VEHICLE OPTIONS
INTERIOR
Adjustable Steering Wheel :eek:
Steering Wheel Controls
Tachometer
Tinted Glass

EXTERIOR
Accent Stripes
Air Dam
Alloy Wheels
Fender Flares
Front Spoiler
Ground Effects
Metallic Paint
Two Tone Paint

SAFETY
Daytime Running Lights

ENGINE/DRIVE TRAIN
Rear Wheel Drive
RWD - Rear Wheel Drive
Trans - 5-Speed Manual
Trans - Manual/ Stick

CONVENIENCE
Automatic Headlights

SEATING
Vinyl Upholstery

KELLEY BLUE BOOK

WARRANTY INFORMATION
AS-IS NO WARRANTY

This vehicle is being sold as is, where is with no warranty, expressed written or implied. The seller shall not be responsible for the correct description, authenticity, genuineness, or defects herein, and makes no warranty in connection therewith.:rolleyes:

No allowance or set aside will be made on account of any incorrectness, imperfection, defect or damage. Any descriptions or representations are for identification purposes only and are not to be construed as a warranty of any type. It is the responsibility of the buyer to have thoroughly inspected the vehicle, and to have satisfied himself or herself as to the condition and value and to bid based upon that judgment solely. The seller shall and will make every reasonable effort to disclose any known defects associated with this vehicle at the buyer's request prior to the close of sale. Seller assumes no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any oral statements about the vehicle.

SHIPPING INFORMATION

For Shipping Information Please Contact Agnes0926@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Agnes0926 Can Help You With All Your Shipping Needs!!! Domestic or International Shipping Available.

CONTACT US
710 Locust st,
Fayetteville, NC 28311
PH: 877-977-4275
FAX: 910-480-1066
Email: agnes0926@hotmail.com

TERMS OF SALE

IF YOU CANNOT ADHERE TO THESE TERMS PLEASE DO NOT BID WINNING BIDDERS MUST CONTACT US BY TELEPHONE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF AUCTION CLOSURE TO CONFIRM YOUR PURCHASE OR THE VEHICLE MAY BE RELISTED OR SOLD TO ANY OTHER QUALIFIED BUYER. ALL FUNDING MUST BE RECEIVED WITHIN 5 DAYS OF AUCTION CLOSURE OR WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO RELIST OR SELL TO ANY OTHER QUALIFIED BUYER AND END THE AUCTION AT ANY TIME THESE ARE THE PAYMENT METHODS THAT ARE ACCEPTED AT THIS TIME BY US.

You are purchasing this vehicle from a license bonded and insuranced North Carolina State Auto Dealer.
North Carolina State Dealer License #069581

Dealer Fee: $199.00 for any purchased Vehicle.

NOTE: ALL VEHICLES ARE STATE INSPECTED, UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED.

PAYMENT METHOD MUST BE ONE OF THE METHODS LISTED. CASH IN PERSON, CASHIERS CHECK, OR BANK TO BANK WIRE TRANSFERS.

NOTE! HERE IN THE STATE OF NORTH CAROLINA CASHIERS CHECKS, TAKES UP TO 5 BUSINESS DAYS TO CLEAR. PLEASE GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY. WIRE TRANSFERS ARE THE EASIEST AND MOST SECURE. VEHICLES CAN NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL FUNDS HAVE CLEARED OUR BANK.

RESERVE AUCTIONS ARE SUBJECT TO THE RESERVE BEING MET. NON-RESERVE AUCTIONS WILL BE SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER AT END OF AUCTION AND IF BIDDING ON A NON-RESERVE AUCTION BID TO OWN.

NO BID RETRACTIONS WITHIN 24 HOURS OF END OF AUCTION EACH VEHICLE COMES WITH CLEAN TITLE UNLESS OTHER WISE MENTIONED IN DESCRIPTION AND IS SOLD AS IS WITHOUT GUARANTEE FROM SELLER.

THERE ARE IN SOME CASES A FACTORY WARRANTY OR AN EXTENDED WARRANTY. THE VEHICLE MAY ALSO BE ELIGIBLE FOR WARRANTY THROUGH A WARRANTY COMPANY. BY BIDDING ON THIS AUCTION YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS AUCTION. ALL NORTH CAROLINA VEHICLES OVER 10 YEARS OLD ARE SOLD EXEMPT FROM MILAGE REPORTING UNLESS OTHER WISE SPECIFIED.

All vehicles sold that are 10 years old or older or vehicles with salvage history will be sold miles exempt we sell these vehicles with the miles showing on odometer at time of sale. The actual mileage vary from that stated in this ad as we frequently drive vehicles for demonstration, servicing if needed, etc.

PLEASE IF YOU ARE USING A FINANCING METHOD HAVE THE FINANCING ARRANGED BEFORE HAND. WE DO NOT SHIP VEHICLE OR SEND TITLE UNTIL THE VEHICLE IS PAID FOR IN FULL.

You are entering into a legal and binding contract to purchase this vehicle described above. If you do not intend to purchase this item, do not bid! Bidders must be able to pay cash or have all loans PRE-APPROVED before bidding on these vehicles! Unqualified Bidding, Deadbeat Bidders, Bid Shielding, Auction Interference, and any form of harassment will be subject to legal prosecution to the fullest extent of the law. We are professionals in the business of selling vehicles. We take our eBay auctions very seriously and so should you. Appropriate feedback will be left at the end of all transactions! If buyer or buyer's representative picks up the vehicle, feedback must be entered at that time of delivery. Especially on vehicles that are picked up in person and delivered to satisfaction.

Venue for any legal action such as claims, motions, litigation, settlements, or any legal action associated with this sale from either the buyer or seller is to take place in the State of NORTH CAROLINA in Cumberland County. Placing your bid on this auction constitutes your agreement and acceptance of these terms and conditions. In addition, all non paying bidders will be held liable for a $500 re-listing fee that if not paid, will be filed with all 3 major credit bureaus. If you want to play games, I strongly suggest you do it on another auction. We have to pay for these vehicles on time and re-listing a vehicle can cause us much aggravation and time. This is not a game and we have heard every excuse possible. Please make sure your wife likes the color, you have the money ready, your other car is sold and you did not loose your job.

Thank you.

noche_caliente
September 3rd, 2009, 03:53 PM
curious, there is feedback in their history for this listing:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370222101497

same bike according to the vin... Greg, I think you found us a fun one to play with here...

Strider
September 3rd, 2009, 04:01 PM
I'm curious about what they will say ... anyone who wrote them, if you get a reply, post it here please!

noche_caliente
September 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Alan - you're not too far from them - you should call and ask if you can come by to see it :D

Strider
September 3rd, 2009, 04:07 PM
LOL
I'll do that! I didn't see the phone number till you mentioned it, we'll see what they have to say :)

No answer, will try again tomorrow at lunch time

Anthony_marr
September 3rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
LOL
I'll do that! I didn't see the phone number till you mentioned it, we'll see what they have to say :)

No answer, will try again tomorrow at lunch time

Hi Alan,

How's it feel to be back the saddle again?

This deal is a buyer-pick-up. Doesn't make too much sense, since he/she probably wouldn't want the duped buyers to know where he lives and "works". I wonder what he would say if you ask to see the bike. Either "no previewing", or he would ride the bike to some public place, like a parking lot. Same for the pick-up, I suspect.

Verus Cidere
September 3rd, 2009, 04:50 PM
We seriously need to report this to Suzuki somehow! :mad:

JaeL
September 3rd, 2009, 05:30 PM
We seriously need to report this to Suzuki somehow! :mad:

why?

AnarchoMoltov
September 3rd, 2009, 05:37 PM
I called the guy, he's a huge slime ball as suspected..He was trying to convince me it was a Euro model, and told me its titled as a suzuki 250cc..
I told him suzuki doesnt make a 250cc bike, even in Europe, and I said it is clearly a Hyosung, he started gettin mad and yellin, so I called him a slime ball and hung up lol...

noche_caliente
September 3rd, 2009, 05:42 PM
:lol: we should all start calling about it :) I am seriously tempted to report him to the state of NC though...

AnarchoMoltov
September 3rd, 2009, 05:49 PM
lmao...every 1 should, his phone # is 910-445-1645....lmfao

Strider
September 3rd, 2009, 05:56 PM
Hi Alan,

How's it feel to be back the saddle again?

It feels great Anthony! I've been riding every day since the doc allowed me back in the saddle ... I SO love the freedom! Thanks for asking :)

:lol: we should all start calling about it :) I am seriously tempted to report him to the state of NC though...

Let's all call him tomorrow! Just for kicks :thumbup:
I wonder who you can report him to, the BBB? or who?

Fayetteville is a little ways up the road from me, I might just ride up there since they give an address too!

P1NDLESK1N
September 3rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
There's some mischief afoot in this thread. :nono:

I'll probably give him a call tomorrow too. :pound:

noche_caliente
September 3rd, 2009, 06:26 PM
Well, I'm looking in the Dealer Regulation Manual right now for NC, and if he is in fact licensed like he claims, then he's in big trouble - his license can be revoked for:
(7) Knowingly advertising by any means, any assertion, representation or
statement of fact which is untrue, misleading or deceptive in any particular
relating to the conduct of the business licensed or for which a license is sought.
and, as Dan says he claims it is titled as a Suzuki:
(11) Knowingly giving an incorrect certificate of title, or failing to give a certificate of title to a purchaser, a lienholder, or the Division, as appropriate, after a vehicle is sold.

and since # 7 is a Type 1 violation, and this is the second time the exact listing has gone on e-bay...
(1) Type I Violation- For a first Type I violation within three years
by a licensee, the Division will assess a civil penalty of two
hundred fifty dollars ($250.00) in addition to any other
punishment or remedy under the law. For a second Type I
violation within three years by a licensee, the Division will
assess a civil penalty of five hundred dollars ($500.00) in
addition to any other punishment or remedy under the law.
For a third or subsequent Type I violation within three years
by a licensee, the Division will assess a civil penalty of one
thousand dollars ($1,000.00) in addition to any other
punishment or remedy under the law.

now if only i can figure out how to report him

Ramen
September 3rd, 2009, 06:46 PM
That's fraud. Call the fuzz.

noche_caliente
September 3rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
looks like complaints go here:
http://ncdoj.gov/getdoc/fdbee1c7-c2a9-4f67-91b2-bb50beea1c0a/2-2-12-File-a-Complaint.aspx

backinthesaddleagain
September 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Next thing he will say no not Hyosang, but Hayabusa.

Verus Cidere
September 3rd, 2009, 08:12 PM
why?

So they can sue the pants off him! ;)

edwinmcq
September 3rd, 2009, 09:08 PM
Here is the N.C. title. The VIN is clearly from Korea , but the make says "SUZI". We all know that is a farce.

Anthony_marr
September 3rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
It feels great Anthony! I've been riding every day since the doc allowed me back in the saddle ... I SO love the freedom! Thanks for asking :)

Very glad for you, brother! I just went riding today in the UBC twisties. I know exactly how you feel.

Let's all call him tomorrow! Just for kicks :thumbup:
I wonder who you can report him to, the BBB? or who?

One place for sure is E. Bay. He should be banned from that site.

AnarchoMoltov
September 3rd, 2009, 09:14 PM
He probably knows sum 1 at the DMV, or the person working at the DMV is incompetent...

Cedilla
September 3rd, 2009, 11:43 PM
I saw one of those Hyosungs for the first time in person a couple of weeks ago, looks like a much bigger bike than it is, I like the look, but they want too much money for an inferior product to the Ninja.
I wonder if that "slimeball" was the one to first try to pass of that UM as a GSXR or if he got played, and now wants to exact his revenge on some unsuspecting idiot. :evil6: Regardless of the situation, he is still an :asshat:.

Plasmatoast
September 4th, 2009, 02:57 AM
well Hyosung did build suzukis for korea at one point

Founded in 1978 as a division of the Hyosung Group of industries, Hyosung began producing Japanese Suzuki motorcycle designs under license for the Korean market in Changwon, South Korea in 1979. In 1986, they established their own research and development center in Hamamatsu, Japan, and the next year, they began mass production of their own designs. They were the official motorcycle supplier for the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul. In 2003, Hyosung Motors & Machinery Inc. was spun off from the Hyosung Group to become its own corporate entity. In June 2007, Hyosung Motors Division was acquired by Korean company S&T Motors (Science and Technology). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyosung_Motors_&_Machinery_Inc.

Also the Hyosung ( UM ) is a much better machine then the actuall Chinese bikes, Like the Lifans or the 100 other spin off names. At least Hyosungs have a dealer network will available parts

rockNroll
September 4th, 2009, 03:34 AM
I do know that my friend's Hyosung GT250R is a "Suzuki" on his NC registration card, he showed it to me.

karlosdajackal
September 4th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I think the engines in the hyosungs are based on a suzuki design from about 17 years ago, built under license, so it makes sense as it would technically be a suzuki engine built by someone else.

Funnily enough went back to the bike shop today to pay off the rest of my bike (only 5 days to wait) and it was parked beside a hyosung gtr250, apparently its been beside it every time I went there but I never saw it.

Its a nice looking bike couldn't see any rust on it either. Although I have to say I found a Yamaha 125r buried in a corner, that's a stunning looking machine, shame its only 124cc, if it was 126cc I could do my full test on it :eek:

Greg_E
September 4th, 2009, 06:28 AM
Then the guy should be willing to get back to me with proof that it is a licensed product, which is the first thing I asked. Otherwise I could buy a Harley and put GSX-R stickers on it and call it a sport bike.

sombo
September 4th, 2009, 07:23 AM
LMAO, did anyone else scroll down through the pics? He missed one critical identifier showing it to be a UM (Hyosung).

http://www.justisuzu.com/~southernauto/81603406-40sm.jpg

cifex
September 4th, 2009, 07:27 AM
That was mentioned in the beginning of this thread. It is all stamped on the crank case.

capt_bugaloo
September 4th, 2009, 11:27 AM
For what it's worth...

One of my co-workers bought one these Korean (not Chinese!) Hyosung GT250r's in the late spring. He has rode maybe 4000 or 5000 miles over the summer. I just asked him about it and he is very happy with it - no problems of any kind so far.

Not to excuse this seller's disceptive methods, but the Hyosung seems to me to be a decent bike if you have good local support.

AnarchoMoltov
September 4th, 2009, 12:20 PM
The motorcycle is a 2008 Hyosung, Hyosung is its own company now, it makes all kinds of bikes, cruisers, sport bikes etc..Even if they were making suzukis back in 78 this is a 08 hyosung gt250... It is not affiliated with Suzuki in any way...The guy put suzuki decals on a hyosung gt250...

Strider
September 4th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I called again today, got no answer again. I may just ride up tomorrow and look at it ... just for kicks

Hyosung are kick-start aren't they?

AnarchoMoltov
September 4th, 2009, 01:52 PM
I'm not positive, but I think they are FI....

Plasmatoast
September 4th, 2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.umamerica.com/site/usa/motorcycles/sp/specs/specs2.html#usa_motosp2

72 degree V-Twin, 22mm mikuni Carbs

2010s will be FI per total motorcycle http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2010models/2010-Hyosung-GT250RFI.htm

backinthesaddleagain
September 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
for what its worth googling suzuki and hyosung does bring up alot of articles relating the 2 companies

AnarchoMoltov
September 4th, 2009, 02:00 PM
They have a better warranty then the ninjas.. 3 year powertrain and 18 month all parts...

Strider
September 4th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Here is the N.C. title. The VIN is clearly from Korea , but the make says "SUZI". We all know that is a farce.

My NC Title says : KAWK

NC DMV likes to abbreviate ...

But I still think that if this guy is a dealer, he should KNOW that it's a Hyosung, and list it as such. Calling it a Suzuki GXSR is dishonest

Anthony_marr
September 4th, 2009, 02:34 PM
My NC Title says : KAWK

NC DMV likes to abbreviate ...

But I still think that if this guy is a dealer, he should KNOW that it's a Hyosung, and list it as such. Calling it a Suzuki GXSR is dishonest

The guy is guilty as hell. The list price of an 08 Ninjette new was about $3300, of the Hyosung, when new, about $3100. An 08 Hyosung is probably worth less than $2500 today, if that. He is asking $4999 for this "Suzuki", implying that the price of a new "Suzuki GXR250 or whatever is over $6000, and probably expecting to get at least $4000 if not $4500.

His only excuse could be that he brought the bike as is from someone else, and was not familiar with Suzukis or 250s, but even so, asking $4999 is a very deliberate and deceptive act.

Anthony_marr
September 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM
... He is asking $4999 for this "Suzuki", implying that the price of a new "Suzuki GXR250 or whatever is over $6000...

Would be interesting for someone to ask him innocently what the bike's price was when new back in 08.

rockNroll
September 8th, 2009, 10:04 AM
kinda uneventful.... here's my eBay message to the seller:

Dear agnes0926,

There's no such thing as a Suzuki GSXR250.... that bike is a Hyosung GT250R... just thought you'd like to know.

-Don

This was the reply I got:

bike has a suzuki title and is produced for the euro market

AnarchoMoltov
September 8th, 2009, 10:22 AM
HAHAHAHA, he's still pushin the euro market b.s. lol

Greg_E
September 8th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I never received a reply, not even one that says it is a Suzuki on the title.

cifex
September 8th, 2009, 12:39 PM
The Ebay listing way removed. Wonder if they suspended his account also.

250grunt
September 8th, 2009, 01:28 PM
just to clarify suzuki did make a gsx-r 250 for a few years, from 88-90, they are very rare tho. So the gixxer 250 is a real bike, just that UM is not it

Greg_E
September 8th, 2009, 01:31 PM
They also made a GSX-R400 that I think would be a pretty perfect machine for on road use, but no longer in production either.

cifex
September 8th, 2009, 02:03 PM
I wish they made a Ninja 350....

gamma500
September 8th, 2009, 02:07 PM
As a former inhabitant of "Fayettenam, NC", I assure you folks there is no lack of crooks, scalliwags, con artists, and various genre of bottom dwellers in that fair city who would have no qualms about screwing their greyhaired Granny for the price of a day old Big Mac, various former Mayors and Councilman included.

Strider
September 8th, 2009, 06:04 PM
I never got any replies, nor were my calls answered ... I was going to ride to Fayetteville, but that fell threw, my wife is sick. I hope eBay canned his @$$