- carb boots do not leak
- fuel filter flows fine
- plug boots are on tight
- airbox lid is on right
- air filter is fine
- Have run 600-800 miles like this
- Can still hit 90-95 mph
- Mostly surgish around 9K but can happen any time

Assuming I don't find anything when I drain the float bowls and change the plugs, is there anything else I should do before I pull the carbs? I HATE pulling the carbs.

OH! Jetting is 102 mains with one washer. Haven't changed anything in years. Valves wouldn't cause this, would they?

I think I also have a wee coolant weep around the cylinder base gasket. No sign of coolant in the oil. Assuming it's unrelated.

Wes

kkim
September 3rd, 2009, 01:06 PM
is the surging happening when cruising while the throttle is held steady or does it surge even when accelerating past the 9k mark?

nate-bama
September 13th, 2009, 01:59 PM
- carb boots do not leak
- fuel filter flows fine
- plug boots are on tight
- airbox lid is on right
- air filter is fine
- Have run 600-800 miles like this
- Can still hit 90-95 mph
- Mostly surgish around 9K but can happen any time

Assuming I don't find anything when I drain the float bowls and change the plugs, is there anything else I should do before I pull the carbs? I HATE pulling the carbs.

OH! Jetting is 102 mains with one washer. Haven't changed anything in years. Valves wouldn't cause this, would they?

I think I also have a wee coolant weep around the cylinder base gasket. No sign of coolant in the oil. Assuming it's unrelated.

Wes

I say spend a few bucks go to amazon and buy some k&n's go to the 106's add a washer... ohh after you pull your head and whatnot