View Full Version : What does a Craigslist reputable bike ad look like?

Grn99Kawi
September 4th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Every few days, I check craigslist to see what's up for sale.. it seems that every 3 to 5 ads I go through, there is one listed by.. well.. an idiot.

I admit... I am a stickler for grammar and spelling of words that should be spelled correctly (not against typos) but cmon.. some are insane.. Why on earth would anyone buy a bike from someone like this?

I put together this little ad of my own that represents what I have been seeing. For the sake of arguement, I'll use a Yamaha R6 as the example.

NOTE THAT THIS IS ALL MADE UP BY ME IN FUN. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ANYONE lol

2006 Yamaha R6 Yo ima lukn 2 sell mah bike. If you dont wanna pay the money dont bother with da BULL$H!T and dont be a lowballa or bother me This is a crazy fast i took all fareings off for da streetfighter look. It has a big tooth spoket and engin cage, but it was nevah stunted. Ima serious! I only drive it on weekends but i dont have the time no more.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/4554/r63vt3.jpg

Contact LUV2STUNT4EVA@BIGWHEELIEBALLA.COM

:)

Greg_E
September 4th, 2009, 01:13 PM
I bet if you email the guy he never gets back to you, which pisses me off. Also when people sell their stuff they rarely delete the adds which make people like me who are bottom feeders send them email or phone calls to find out that the bike is already sold. I would say that out of 8 or 9 bikes I only got replies from 3 or 4 and then they didn't like my price offers (one of them was relisted after a month for $100 less and now only $500 away from my offer). Nights are getting to 40 degrees, there is not much time before no one will be able to ride them home around here, and the offers drop to next to no money (at least for me).

Several have been listed with no capitalization and no punctuation which always makes me nervous (even though they rarely get back to me).

While I do know the world is full to the brim with idiots, I sure do wish they wouldn't sell their bikes so I don't have to look at the ads.

I love the fact that the above bike has no lights, mirrors, nothing that would let you really ride it. Still trying to decide if that is a graphic on the tank, or if the tank is caved in.

Nickds7
September 4th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Usually has both a phone number and an email. I usually don't bother with people who sound dumb as s#i~

Greg_E
September 4th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Most of the ads that I'm seeing do not have a listed email or phone number you have to rely on the Craig's list forwarding which may or may not work very well.

He is one that I was looking at:
2003 BUELL FIREBOLT 983CC WITH A BUELL STAGE ONE RACE KIT( K&N AIR FILTER, EXHAUST, MAIN COMP). THE BIKE HAS BEEN DYNO TUNED AFTER THE KIT WAS PUT IN IT AND HAVE THE SPECS TO PROVE IT. THIS BIKE HAS ABOUT 17,000 MILES ON IT. IT IS WHITE WITH SILVER RIMS AND FRAME. VERY SHARP LOOKING BIKE. COMES WITH A EXTRA PASSANGER SEAT(TOURING SEAT), NEW FRONT PADS(NOT ON BIKE). THE BIKE HAS NEW METZLER FRONT AND REAR TIRES, NEW REAR PADS, NEW DRIVE BELT. I AM THE SECOND OWNER. I BOUGHT IT FROM A HARLEY-DAVIDSON MECHANIC WHO GAVE IT ALL THE SCHEDUALED MAINT. I JUST PERFORMED A 15K MAINT LAST YEAR(ENGINE OIL, TRANNY OIL, PRIMARY OIL, FORK OIL AND SEALS, WHEEL BEARINGS AND STEERING BEARINGS ETC.) VERY SHARP LOOKING BIKE, TURNS ALOT OF HEADS. IT HAS VERY VERY LIGHT SCRATHCHES IN THE LEFT SIDE FROM FALLING IN A ROCK DRIVEWAY. CANT REALLY SEE THEM UNLESS YOU LOOK FOR THEM. ONLY THING THE BIKE WILL NEED IS A SPEED SENSOR WHICH IS LIKE $70.00 AND VERY EASY TO REPLACE. I HAVE OWNED THIS BIKE 3 YEARS AND NEVER EVER HAD 1 PROBLEM. VERY RELIABLE BIKE NO QUESTIONS. NEED TO SELL TO HELP PAY FOR WEDDING, HATE TO SEE IT GO.
with fuzzy pictures from a camera phone that don't really show the scratches mentioned or really anything else about the machine.

andrewexd
September 4th, 2009, 01:53 PM
"salvage but perfect condition" not really..