View Full Version : Meter light replacement

Whitedogpoo
December 8th, 2016, 01:44 PM
Hiya, is there an easy way of replacing the speedometer and other meter bulbs (on a 09 250R Ninja) without having to take the front fairing and gauges etc off? Seems a bit of a long old job to just replace a bulb!

Ta.

Ghostt
December 8th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Unless your hands are really, really small, and flexible.

It's not was bad as it seems, and a good excuse to switch them out with some LEDs

Whitedogpoo
December 14th, 2016, 12:59 PM
Hadn't thought about LEDs... where can you get them online (in the UK)?

DmbShn41
December 14th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Try Amazon. Find out the bulb number(s) and the quantities you need. Understand that to replace the turn signal bulb with an LED you'll need to do some basic electrical work in order to make it flash when using the turn signal in the left(?) position. A quick search on the site should show up results that will point you in the right direction. I did mine over the summer, and that display IS BRIGHTER. Not to bad to take the front fairing off.

Whitedogpoo
December 14th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Cheers, I'll have a search...

Triple Jim
December 14th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Here's a page that shows the diodes needed so the single dash turn signal light works properly. The mod also allows you to use LED turn signal bulbs. They're in in Ghost's and InvisiBill's posts near the bottom.

tfkrocks
December 14th, 2016, 04:36 PM
I just reached up in there to replace them but it's a very cramped space so only feasible with smaller hands. I didn't want to do any extra electrical work when swapping to LEDs so I left the turn indicator as a regular bulb.

Ghostt
December 15th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Hadn't thought about LEDs... where can you get them online (in the UK)?

Try searching eBay for 194 bulbs Leds COB, these are the ones I use, I have red ones in both my bikes. They are nice even lighting, and bright

The smaller one's need to the warning lights, like high beam, neutral etc are a T6.5 bulb.

Here's my write-up

Finally my bike is 100% LEDs now!
(https://www.ninjette.org/forums/blog.php?b=8360)

Hope this helps, cheers