View Full Version : ANY ONE HAVE A RUN(on a dyno)with de-baffled cans?

nate-bama
September 7th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Just curious for no reason except i'm a squid who likes to make noise

nate-bama
September 7th, 2009, 07:21 PM
or stock cans, i'd like to see a jetted bike with pods on a dyno

ASecretNinja
October 2nd, 2009, 10:56 PM
You're going to pick up .0004 horsepower and save about 7 ounces of weight. Stop asking for dynos for a bike that makes 30 ****ing horsepower.

nate-bama
October 3rd, 2009, 06:33 AM
hey there buddy, once Again thanks for your input Chad. Ever since your first response about how heavy this cast iron stock exhaust was i've been holding my breath hoping you'd come back and learn me the ways of performance.

ASecretNinja
October 3rd, 2009, 11:42 PM
No, Nate, Thank YOU for yet an other retarded thread about a dyno request for a stupid red neck mod that anyone with half a brain can tell you will yield very minimal performance gains.

Fake edit: does anyone have a dyno for a bored and stroked toilet? Nate wants to see if he can get the water to flush faster and louder.

Moron.

nate-bama
October 4th, 2009, 07:49 AM
hey thanks again chad, that was hilarious

tapdiggy
October 31st, 2009, 05:03 PM
Wow. This thread rubbed me the wrong so I want to revive it.

Nate, I sincerely compliment your interest in something as random as the effect of gutted cans on performance. If someone did dyno a bike with such an exhaust setup, I too would be curious to know the results just to know.

Chad. I actually can't find words to express my thoughts, so:

:baby::ban::blah::confused20::focus:

bob706
October 31st, 2009, 05:17 PM
Fake edit: does anyone have a dyno for a bored and stroked toilet? Nate wants to see if he can get the water to flush faster and louder.

That is funny. Admit it

nate-bama
October 31st, 2009, 05:20 PM
Well excuse me and my budget right? After doin my intake stuff i really had to question what was left to really be gained? Anyway as far as the red neck comment's yup i'm in the deep durty rural south....but i'm a veteran and a army brat so talk where you live..i've been there..thanks Truong and I'm still curious about these DYNO numbers..If i did'nt have to take a day offf work and ride to Chattanooga(60 miles) i'd run mine

nate-bama
October 31st, 2009, 05:23 PM
That is funny. Admit it
If you increased pressure flowing in...and then removed the exhaust baffles...Chad and Bob would flow right on through

REAL EDIT:----I was talking about my toliet not my super ninja...although it would probably suck them through also

bob706
October 31st, 2009, 05:32 PM
I wasn't knocking you Nate. I thought your question is legit. Just was saying that was a funny comment. Stupid but funny.

nate-bama
October 31st, 2009, 05:34 PM
Well i do tend to set myself up..so um how's ya doin?

nate-bama
November 1st, 2009, 02:02 PM
well I was bored this morning and I have no respect for my stock cans....so i gutted them hahaha...now instead of sounding like a blender my bike sounds like loud horse crap..and i hope it pisses the queers next door off...i'll probably bite the bullit and buy a muzzy, but i'd really like to take it to Chat vegas first and run her on the dyno

well it really does'nt sound that bad dollar wise, but i notice no performance gains i have a little section in front of my house with a start and braking point. stock i could hit 70 before my braking marker..after the jetting and pods 75..now still 75

HKr1
November 13th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Complete gutt? Or did you put a striaght thru type baffle back in?

post some pics :)

nate-bama
November 13th, 2009, 01:52 PM
so it's just gutted...i was gonna put some caps on it to cover the ugliness but i'm just shopping for a used muzzy at a decent price

tapdiggy
November 13th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Nate, I think you just convinced me to debaffle my cans. The only holding me back was not knowing what it looked like under the end caps. Couldn't find a picture of opened cans anywhere. Now that I see it, I like it. Might even go shorty.:D

nate-bama
November 14th, 2009, 06:09 AM
It's noisy but most people don't think it's any worse sounding than a cruiser..YOMV

nate-bama
November 14th, 2009, 06:05 PM
OHH AND IF YOUR PATIENT..those long holes on top..you just need to drill the the four pop rivets, they are all that attach the baffle to the end cap, it's tack welded to the internal bits.
I drilled four holes in the top one so i could get my attitude adjuster in...both baffles 15 min:)

nate-bama
December 12th, 2009, 12:47 PM
ok horrible experiment folks...I'd read this and that and i was gonna buy a muzzy when i found the right price anyways..so i busted the drill out and said F$#@ theses stock cans

Really glad i got that muzzy on now:)

vadar12
February 19th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I will see if the boss will let me run the wifes bike on the dyno next week. If so i will post it .

Mitch and Sarah
February 19th, 2010, 03:40 PM
I would have bought your chrome mufflers if you didn't gut them. Too bad.

tapdiggy
February 19th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I would have bought your chrome mufflers if you didn't gut them. Too bad.

Hey Mitch, I have some scarred stock cans with a flat black high-temp paint job. Interested?:p

Mitch and Sarah
February 19th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Hey Mitch, I have some scarred stock cans with a flat black high-temp paint job. Interested?:p

Not really, I have a set of stockers on the bike now that are decent, but was looking for some chrome ones if the price was right :). Thanks though.

Mitch

tapdiggy
February 20th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Not really, I have a set of stockers on the bike now that are decent, but was looking for some chrome ones if the price was right :). Thanks though.

Mitch

NP:thumbup:

nate-bama
February 21st, 2010, 06:21 PM
my cans were both dented anyway's..

Shano22
February 22nd, 2010, 07:29 AM
I have two stock chrome cans that are in really good condition that i dont need cause i bought cobra F1R's. Make me an offer on them and their yours. PM me :thumbup: