View Full Version : New bike, =)

bluphobic
September 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM
I just sold the ninjette last week, and picked up my new bike same week. I am an official owner of a Kawi Ninja 650r (red). Sorry no pics yet, been too busy riding.:D

Overall impressions compared to the 250r.
1. Much more usable power. I can stay under 6000 rpm's without the need to go higher. Have i mentioned torque.:D
2. Highway riding is much more easier on the engine, no more crusing at 10k rpm's. Wind protection is a slightly better.
3. The bike feels heavier under 5mph, but it still feels light and agile at greater speeds.
4. EFI makes starting slightly easier, although i never really had any issues with the ninjette.
5. Brakes have a better feel, and bite well. I don't feel any wobbles at high speed deceleration.
6. The all digital instrument panel works well. At first, I preferred an analog rpm tach but it's starting to grow on me.
7. Seat height is slightly higher than the 250 however, very manageable for my 5'5" height.

sharky nrk
September 7th, 2009, 08:26 PM
very cool - get some pics

revstriker
September 7th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Congrats on the new bike. Is it brand new? If not, what year and how many miles on it? Get some pics ups as soon as you can. The 650r is a nice bike!

AnarchoMoltov
September 7th, 2009, 08:44 PM
:worthlesswithoutpic

bluphobic
October 15th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Just an update: The bike is totaled. :(

mikedabike64
October 15th, 2009, 06:03 AM
good luck with your new bike :)

bluphobic
October 15th, 2009, 06:07 AM

Not getting a bike for a while. Tore my glenoid labrum badly and fractured a wrist. I probably won't be riding for another 8months, if not longer.

M-Oorb
October 15th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Wait the bike is totalled and your injured...what happened?!
Posted via Mobile Device

karlosdajackal
October 15th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Not getting a bike for a while. Tore my glenoid labrum badly and fractured a wrist. I probably won't be riding for another 8months, if not longer.

That sucks man, what happened?

bob706
October 15th, 2009, 06:17 AM
just an update: The bike is totaled. :(

wtf?

CZroe
October 15th, 2009, 06:37 AM

NOOOOOooooooooo! Are you OK? Is it insured against whatever happened?

bluphobic
October 15th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Went riding with a few friends around the mountains in North Carolina. I was not to familiar with the roads unlike some north georgia roads. Came around a left turn and it was decreasing. Leaned over as far as possible, scrapped the left peg, kept my lean until i went wide. Bike caught on the side and i went flying. I somehow landed on my shoulder, then helmet. Tried to brace my self with my arms to slow momentum, which caused the wrist injury. Transported to the ER by ambulance through twisty roads. Not fun. Lesson learned, don't ride fast around roads you do not know well. The bike was fully insured and everything has already been settled with the insurance company.

bob706
October 15th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Get well soon :thumbup: Sorry about the bike also. Just for shits and giggles, do you think you would have made the turn on a 250 or was it gonna fail no matter the bike size?

marsha
October 15th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your accident!!! Get well wishes coming your way.

bluphobic
October 15th, 2009, 08:43 AM
Get well soon :thumbup: Sorry about the bike also. Just for shits and giggles, do you think you would have made the turn on a 250 or was it gonna fail no matter the bike size?

Thanks, If it was a super sport, i might have made it. Foot peg clearance on 250's and 650's aren't that great. If i had leaned my body more off the bike, i probably would've made it as well but I was riding in Draggin Jeans, which isn't meant for dragging knees.:D

I am so sorry to hear about your accident!!! Get well wishes coming your way.
Thanks marsha!

I have to visit an orthopedic doctor to see if i need surgery. Fingers crossed, hopefully i won't need it. I'll try and post some pics of the damage.

Sound Wave
October 16th, 2009, 12:38 AM
wow... that totally sucks. sorry to hear about that. i hate decreasing radius turns. here is hoping for a full recovery.

do you have any pics of the bike before the damage?

CZroe
October 16th, 2009, 01:57 AM
September 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM:
I ... picked up my new bike...

Yesterday, 05:50 AM:

Yesterday, 06:03 AM:

A little late there, buddy. :(

OP: Glad to hear that it was insured and that you seem to be doing well enough. Well, "well enough" isn't good enough, so get well soon! I'm trying to visualize the accident. Could you Googlemap the turn for us if it's visible?

bluphobic
October 16th, 2009, 04:27 AM
September 7th, 2009, 07:57 PM:

Yesterday, 05:50 AM:

Yesterday, 06:03 AM:

A little late there, buddy. :(

OP: Glad to hear that it was insured and that you seem to be doing well enough. Well, "well enough" isn't good enough, so get well soon! I'm trying to visualize the accident. Could you Googlemap the turn for us if it's visible?

Thanks, I'm healing slowly, although my shoulder still feels like someone is jamming a knife through it. I believe this is where i went down.
http://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Johns+Creek,+Gwinnett,+Georgia+30097&ll=35.310804,-82.913704&spn=0.02693,0.038238&z=15

Sound Wave
October 16th, 2009, 10:23 AM
wow.... those look like some really fun roads!

Kawasabi
October 16th, 2009, 10:54 AM
hey man feel sorry about you & your bike, but everyone was waiting to see the pics before the crash...... esp AnarchoMoltov

bluphobic
October 16th, 2009, 02:40 PM
hey man feel sorry about you & your bike, but everyone was waiting to see the pics before the crash...... esp AnarchoMoltov
Sadly, i never took a single pic before the crash. I figured i'll always have time to take em later.lol Here are some pics of the damage.

http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae164/Dinglemyberries/6501.jpg
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae164/Dinglemyberries/6502.jpg
http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae164/Dinglemyberries/6503.jpg

mike_sema
October 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Man that sucks

HKr1
October 19th, 2009, 05:43 PM
Man that sucks

You can say that again :(

Kalivos
October 20th, 2009, 11:33 AM
2009 red ninja 650r. How I solute thee to the grave. :(

backinthesaddleagain
October 20th, 2009, 12:09 PM
sorry to hear about your crash. best of luck in your recovery.

250biker
October 21st, 2009, 06:20 AM
Thanks, If it was a super sport, i might have made it. Foot peg clearance on 250's and 650's aren't that great. If i had leaned my body more off the bike, i probably would've made it as well but I was riding in Draggin Jeans, which isn't meant for dragging knees.:D

How did your Draggin jeaans hold up? I got a pair myself. Never tested them yet. Hope the healing is going well.

Syphen
October 21st, 2009, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear about the crash. Thankfully, that bike is NOT totaled. The frame, subframe and forks all look straight in those pics. It looks to be mostly cosmetic damage. You may need a new foot peg but thats a minor issue.

bluphobic
October 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
How did your Draggin jeaans hold up? I got a pair myself. Never tested them yet. Hope the healing is going well.
Thanks, The jeans held up well. Draggin jeans are a tad better than regular jeans but leather is always the best way to go. Leather will save your skin.
Sorry to hear about the crash. Thankfully, that bike is NOT totaled. The frame, subframe and forks all look straight in those pics. It looks to be mostly cosmetic damage. You may need a new foot peg but thats a minor issue.
It's totaled. I'm already looking for another bike. Thinking about an sv650s, fz6, F4i, or maybe a cbr600. Cant make up my mind.

kkim
October 22nd, 2009, 11:38 AM
It's totaled. I'm already looking for another bike. Thinking about an sv650s, fz6, F4i, or maybe a cbr600. Cant make up my mind.

any reason you're not considering another 650R?

bluphobic
October 22nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Just an update: Came back from the doctors. I will not need surgery for my shoulder.:D Mri scan results show that i have a heavy A/C joint injury. It'll take another 2 months to full recovery.

any reason you're not considering another 650R?
I only want to spend no more than $4k on a bike. I prefer the 09' 650r compared to the older gen, it's pretty hard to find any 09's used for cheap. I plan to get involved in track days so I want a bike that is either a super sport or a bike that's cheap to modify into a super sport (ie.sv650). 650r's are more expensive to modify, great ride though.

bob706
October 22nd, 2009, 04:23 PM
Great news on not needing surgery and hope you have a quick recovery. :thumbup:

Daeldren
October 22nd, 2009, 06:01 PM
I know that turn well, I rode through Pisgah national forest on my way up to maggie valley a while back. That turn comes up fast coming downhill, pretty hairy stretch of road that isn't in the best of conditions either.

Hope you recover soon.

bluphobic
October 23rd, 2009, 08:51 PM
I know that turn well, I rode through Pisgah national forest on my way up to maggie valley a while back. That turn comes up fast coming downhill, pretty hairy stretch of road that isn't in the best of conditions either.

Hope you recover soon.

Thanks, There are so many good curvy roads to ride in that area. If i'm ever up there again, i'll be paying a visit here.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=6005+State+Bridge+Rd,+Duluth,+Fulton,+Georgia+30097&ll=35.369315,-82.796059&spn=0.041364,0.090895&z=14