View Full Version : Maybe its just where I live but...

emt250
September 7th, 2009, 09:47 PM
...every guy/girl I see riding a bike in this area who doesn't wear any sort of gear (jeans/shorts, flip flops and a t-shirt), has a really nice and expensive helmet. Does anyone else notice this, or is it just me?

Cedilla
September 7th, 2009, 10:00 PM
^I don't really see any nice helmets out here. I would imagine the people that do buy a nice helmet, but nothing else, get it for the brand recognition, and maybe very few, buy for the extra comfort the pricier ones are supposed to have.

Nny
September 8th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Nope, not just you. I have only seen one other person besides myself this year wearing decent gear and I work with the guy.

tjkamper
September 8th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Yeah I don't get it. Flip Flops, Shorts, Tank Top, & Helmet. Shoot! if I were in a wreck in that gear I would prefer not to have a Helmet so I would have a greater chance of dieing quickly from head trauma, instead of withstanding all the pain and aggony of having my toes, heels, elbows knees, hands, shoulders,back and legs growned off by the pavement.

CC Cowboy
September 8th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Do you really need a helmet anyway?

I mean all that gear makes you hot, you look like a wannabe racer, you can't concentrate from the heat and extra weigh, the helmet doesn't let you hear the bike or the cars around you, it blocks your vision, and all that stuff cost so much on top of the cost of the bike. I'm not sure you have to have all this stuff.

I guess if you live by the rule that it's only a matter of time before you crash then you MIGHT need it. I'm sticking with the flip-flop,t-shirt, no helmet group.

Any flaming will be dealt with by visious revenge!

OldGuy
September 8th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Do you really need a helmet anyway?

Only if you have something of value to put inside it.:rolleyes:

emt250
September 8th, 2009, 12:31 PM
I just don't get it. Why would you decide to wear no gear...and then drop 300+ dollars on a helmet. And then the people I see who DO wear gear, while they don't have a POS helmet, its usually not a top of the line Arai or Shoei.

Courteau
September 8th, 2009, 05:12 PM
those people wear helmet because they are oblige... if not they will go without for sure

tapdiggy
September 9th, 2009, 06:04 PM
those people wear helmet because they are oblige... if not they will go without for sure

Swallow a bug or take carelessly-tossed cigarette to the face and they'll happily wear a helmet full-time.

edwinmcq
September 9th, 2009, 06:12 PM
I was in SE Ohio a few weeks ago and no one except the Sport bikers wore any type of gear.

cochraneap
September 12th, 2009, 04:12 AM
99/100 people around here don't even wear a helmet. they just wear shorts, t-shirt, flip flops, and sunglasses. the only time i see a helmet is the Harley guys with their little half helmets.

LazinCajun
September 12th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I've seen quite a few flip flops, t-shirts, and shorts paired with expensive helmets here. I just don't get it.