View Full Version : 09 Black 250R 1700mi - Maryland/DC

Hokie11
September 9th, 2009, 05:47 AM
*edit*

holding it until spring to sell then.

divingtigger
September 9th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Good luck with the sale, my wife would never let me put my bike on our hardwood. Good luck with the family situation...if it is the same as my family situation it is well worth it...trying to decide if I will keep the bike or not this time

Hokie11
September 9th, 2009, 09:14 AM
thanks...

i may go ahead and buy the left fairing and replace it.. do u guys think i should or leave the option open as described in the original post? I would be bumping up the price

also... do u guys think that if i just sold it next spring for next riding season at the same price (with a fixed fairing), i could possibly get more interest?

Greg_E
September 9th, 2009, 03:28 PM
You are south enough that I would let it hang for a while (into October) and see what happens. You can always deal with the broken plastic in February and list it again in the spring if that's what you want to do.

That is unless you are still making payments on it.

If you were a lot closer I'd probably walk in with about $2600 cash for the broken state, maybe $2800 with it all repaired. Personally I would rather have it in the broken state, I can glue the breaks while I fiddle with the other mods I would want to do, then top it off with a complete body kit and paint job when I'm done yanking the plastic to swap and adjust things. I know my prices go against the current trend, but I just do not see these as worth $3000 used. I've offered two people locally $2800 for their 09's and both have gone more than a month and relisted (Craig's list) their bikes because they have not sold at their asking price. I think both will either take a lot less, or both will have them next spring. In the spring they might get closer to their asking price, but I know one guy has a loan and will need to pay that all through the cold dark winter. Even at $50 a month it would be a lot closer to my offer than to the asking price by the time it gets sold in the spring.

Also the 10k color lights really detract for me, 6k would be a bonus but 10k is far too blue.

soupy
September 11th, 2009, 08:29 AM
As someone who's considering picking one up as a commuter, I probably would agree with Greg E and do $2600 As Is or $2800 repaired. You could definitely see a marginally better selling price early next season if you can afford to hold and wait, but fix it up for sure if you choose this route. However, you'll be losing money on insurance payments etc. and risk possibly additional maintenance costs for deep winter storage and spring refreshing.

I noticed that the mods list has changed compared to your 'Feeler' post from earlier; have you decided to put a lot back to stock and sell those parts separately (probably the better decision in order to move the bike faster).

Greg_E
September 11th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Personally I would want the stock stuff on there as the first thing I would do is tear the mods off and ditch them. One person's style may not fit with another person's. So all the mods are pretty much worthless to many people who are shopping for a used machine, and may be less than worthless to some people (like me).

Hokie11
September 12th, 2009, 05:26 AM
the only mods im leaving on there are the shoguns, 15t, and rearsets. and grips/rimtape but its not like those are really worth much anyways and i have the stock grips

i had 2 people show up with 2800 cash but i decided to hold off until the spring, one guy said if i change my mind he will pay 3k, so im not going to try to sell it for 2600. really, 1700 miles, and one bad fairing. im going to replace that fairing and probably still get 3k out of it easy, but i want some more riding time so ill wait until april or so.
maybe forum guys are smarter than the craigslist guys, but i dont see how u can go and say its worth 2600 for an 2009 with less than 2k miles.

divingtigger
September 12th, 2009, 06:43 AM
For $2600 I'd buy 10... they are in short demand up here and the guys that are selling them to get bigger bikes are only losing $500 on 08's haven't really talked to anyone around here that has sold an 09 with no mileage yet but I imagine it wouldn't be less than what used 08's are going for