View Full Version : Explain this....

headshrink
September 9th, 2009, 03:17 PM
The remaining dealer, wayyyyyy across town is listing this 09 250r under the pre-owned section, but claiming it is "new."

http://www.sacramentomotorcycles.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=0119198X9K9K2009J5I09I24JPMQ951R0&veh=88069&pov=1330553

What is THAT all about?

Are they going to tell some poor newbie it is a Limited-Limited Edition?

Geesh, I bet they dropped it and are trying to pass it off as new (at full price). That big ol' black stripe is fugly!

I guess I won't be trusting the new dealer any farther than I can throw them.

noche_caliente
September 9th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I guess someone got it and got scared right away and brought it back with less than 100 miles on it, so they think they can pass it off as new

g21-30
September 9th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Get the VIN from the bike and check with your state DMV to see if it has been titled to other than the dealer. Also, read this:

http://newcarbuyingguide.com/index.php/news/main/2238/event=view

DarkNinja52
September 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
just call them up and tell them theyre goddamn liars and cheats, but theyre prob use to that sort of thing at the stealership

Anthony_marr
September 9th, 2009, 04:36 PM
The remaining dealer, wayyyyyy across town is listing this 09 250r under the pre-owned section, but claiming it is "new."

http://www.sacramentomotorcycles.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=0119198X9K9K2009J5I09I24JPMQ951R0&veh=88069&pov=1330553

What is THAT all about?

Geesh, I bet they dropped it and are trying to pass it off as new (at full price). That big ol' black stripe is fugly!

I think it MIGHT be new, because on the "Pre-owned Inventory" page, there are 4 buttons: All, New, Used and Other, and he clicked All. And he did state clearly that is it new. He might just want to include the Ninjette into the used section for more exposure, and also that its new price is lower than the used price of most other bikes.

I have to admit I have never seen the big black stripe - without the white markings. It is possible it's been dropped and repainted.

How many miles is on the odometer?

Sure way is to find out it's transaction history.

emt250
September 9th, 2009, 04:55 PM

What is THAT all about?

I was actually planning on going there in a few days to get a service/tire change scheduled. I could take a look at it, if you want.

headshrink
September 9th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I was actually planning on going there in a few days to get a service/tire change scheduled. I could take a look at it, if you want.

I'm not interested in purchasing it, but I'm curious about it if you find something out.
I need to get a tire put on myself.... I notice they don't have a service section, or way to contact them from the page. I guess you call the main number to make an appointment?

tapdiggy
September 9th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Maybe the person who put the site together made a mistake. IT personnel are not infallible. If that dealer even has specialized web-guy.

P1NDLESK1N
September 9th, 2009, 06:13 PM
It IS the 09 limited edition, someone just peeled the white decals off.

The black stripe extending onto the gas tank and tail section along with the black front fender and green wheel stripes are a dead giveaway. ;)

edit: Would probably look nice with the Monster Energy stickers on it.

edwinmcq
September 9th, 2009, 06:44 PM
It kind of needs something to break up the black.

emt250
September 9th, 2009, 11:54 PM
I'm not interested in purchasing it, but I'm curious about it if you find something out.
I need to get a tire put on myself.... I notice they don't have a service section, or way to contact them from the page. I guess you call the main number to make an appointment?

I'll ask em whenever i get in there about the bike just for curiosities sake.

I know for a fact they have a service section, they serviced the bike when it belonged to its previous owner and i've got the records. As for tires, they only carry stock ones but will order other ones for you if you want them too.

Other than Good Times Kawi, there's PCP motorsports in the area. I might go there too, but I think they're quite a bit busier.

karlosdajackal
September 10th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Don't know if this applies in the states, but over here (Europe) a lot of dealers pre-register cars, basically they sell the car to themselves.

They do this to meet there sales target, then they have to sell it as nearly new or ex-demo model. Basically that means it is new but you get a big discount because "technically" its had 1 previous owner (the dealer who bought it from themselves) and you still get the full warranty. Lets face it, its "technically" sold but they still need a real sale, so they cut the price.

Also gets around recommended pricing without upsetting other dealers by undercutting them, its cheaper because its an ex-demo :cool:

This one does look weird though, its full price has that white strip removed already has rim tape on it?

DarkNinja52
September 10th, 2009, 06:29 AM
well i don't think its full price seeing how the limited edition runs for 4,099 MSRP (100 dollars more than what theyre asking). so it seems theyre discounting a 'new' limited edition for some reason. I have seen the limited edition without the white stripe, but im not sure why a dealer would take it off, and also put rim tape on it. Theres probably not even more than 50 miles on it either.

Xorro
September 10th, 2009, 08:00 AM
edit: Would probably look nice with the Monster Energy stickers on it.

One of our Ninjas did have those stickers on when we bought it, but got the bike shop to take them off before we picked them up.

http://www.xorro.co.uk/vehicles/ninja250r/pix/kw ninja 1.jpg

P1NDLESK1N
September 10th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Yeah, with that Monster sticker on the side it might break up the black a little and look rather nice. Otherwise they should just order the oem white stickers and put them back on. :2cents: